Odds on next manager

DB-14

Just now, Jambomuzz said:

What sort of wages should we be paying a manager? 

At the end of the day if we want someone high profile and experienced, then that's what it'd going to come down too. Based on absolutly nothing at all, say naismith is our highest earner on 7k a week. 

Do we value a manager enough to offer similar wages. If we could find the money, I would be wanting to push the boat out and be paying our manager 500k per year. 

I think this whole saga has shown how valuable a decent manager is to a club. We have the players there to be competing at the top end of the league. Get this appointment right and who knows what will happen. 

This is the question !

Would a higher profile manager put even a thousand onto home games as it stands ?

Circa £30K ?

Speculate to accumulate, and all that jazz ?

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

Just now, DH1986 said:

What a weird question,

You’re going to get a coupe of dozen different answers......then what ?

Quote the whole post and there’s nothing weird about anything.

13 minutes ago, Boab said:

Quote the whole post and there’s nothing weird about anything.

I quoted the whole post.

It has since been edited and everything beyond that one sentence has since been added.

Edited by DH1986

Maroon Sailor
Neil McCann 11/1
Nigel Adkins 12/1

Bit of movement this morning

Edited by Maroon Sailor

16 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Please no Neil McCann what has he shown to get the job 

1. Used to play for us and was guid

2. Err that's all I got and him to be fair

1 hour ago, Jambomuzz said:

What sort of wages should we be paying a manager? 

At the end of the day if we want someone high profile and experienced, then that's what it'd going to come down too. Based on absolutly nothing at all, say naismith is our highest earner on 7k a week. 

Do we value a manager enough to offer similar wages. If we could find the money, I would be wanting to push the boat out and be paying our manager 500k per year. 

I think this whole saga has shown how valuable a decent manager is to a club. We have the players there to be competing at the top end of the league. Get this appointment right and who knows what will happen. 

One of the issues with paying a higher salary isn't necessarily around even being able to afford it. It's about the possibility that you then can't afford to sack someone on such a salary.

2 minutes ago, shanyaks said:

Gordon Strachans name getting bandied about now -attending the game at the weekend and taking up duties from 11th .....

At Hibs ?

4 minutes ago, shanyaks said:

Gordon Strachans name getting bandied about now -attending the game at the weekend and taking up duties from 11th .....

Where you hear/see this?

As much as I love Robbo, I don't think he's good enough and his appointment would be a big let-down considering AB has been telling us she wants an experienced and well known manager, and that it wasn't unrealistic to be linking us with managers on a similar level to Moyes, Keane etc. 

I'm expecting much better than any ex-Hearts-player-turned-manager if I'm being completely honest. 

GorgieRules22
7 minutes ago, shanyaks said:

Slaver

Italian Lambretta
11 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

He made an interesting  quote yesterday  when he was interviewed about the speculation.

"I will only go to a club that has good people leading it and its well run" 

Now I took that as a possible move to Hearts. But I suppose maybe Stoke fits that criteria?

Just now, Italian Lambretta said:

He made an interesting  quote yesterday  when he was interviewed about the speculation.

Now I took that as a possible move to Hearts. But I suppose maybe Stoke fits that criteria?

There is zero chance of him coming to us!

30 minutes ago, shanyaks said:

That fake tweet that was getting 'bandied about' ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I would say that is true of Stoke too. Coates' I believe, even when Jones wrote his own obituary, they encouraged and tried to help him through

Tenaciousdandy

Really hope it's not Roy Keane, guys not only a shit manager, he's an ersehole and bully. Personally I'd like a manager that has no connection to Scottish football, be that a foreigner or someone from down England with a point to prove who brings in his own backroom team and Clears out the current coaches 

11 hours ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Much as I revere him I do think we need more if we are serious about challenging properly. I’m done with the recycling of PHMs tbh. According to Budge we’re not skint so something more and different would be welcome.

Dinnae get me wrong, as much as Robbo is the greatest man alive and my all time hero, I do hope the club will aim higher.  But in a parallel universe Robbo replaces Levein then got punted unfairly (who knew gorgeous was going to come in and have us playing the best football I’ve seen in our life) Levein then gets punted, fairly and Robbo comes back and has us united and playing brilliant football? Even if he doesn’t then he’s experienced and thee legend.  Gary Mckay even might get behind him, you never know. 

6 minutes ago, franko1874 said:

How? 

Because he will earn a lot more money at a bigger club in a bigger league.  Why would he take a massive step back to the Scottish Leagues to try achieve third with hearts when he will be aiming for the English Premiership.   I’m just delighted Hibs fecked him and Steve Clarke over and appointed jokers instead.

4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think Robbo could do a good job, but I don’t want him as manager.. imagine it didn’t go well? Imagine wee Scrotes spraying #robboout on the plaza? 🤮 No I’ve had enough club legends tarnished.. 

the sporting director role - definitely, we are a better club when he’s there.. but manager - not for me! 

Fair fair point and very good point.  I would lose my shit defending the man if some did similar. 

41 minutes ago, shanyaks said:

Absolutely no chance. He’s a petty wee fud who genuinely hates Hearts. Took a friendly defeat with his Coventry city side badly. 

3 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

The most enlightening thing about this thread is seeing how many folk don't understand how bookies work.

Correct...Obua will never get the job but is priced that way cos some daft punter asked for a price....odds shorten based on liability not probability 

42 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Because he will earn a lot more money at a bigger club in a bigger league.  Why would he take a massive step back to the Scottish Leagues to try achieve third with hearts when he will be aiming for the English Premiership.   I’m just delighted Hibs fecked him and Steve Clarke over and appointed jokers instead.

50 minutes ago, franko1874 said:

How? 

42 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

That's how. He can get a bigger job than us as things stand.

4 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

1. Used to play for us and was guid

2. Err that's all I got and him to be fair

That seems to be enough for some folk on here.  

The Old Tolbooth
1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

Jack Ross getting announced tomorrow morning for Hibs.

Quite pleased about that, means they're not getting Stendel 🙏

1 minute ago, itsnomarooned said:

You have a reliable source on this?

A bit surprised about this as Dempster is in the press saying they will take their time and could be the end of the month !!

itsnomarooned
6 minutes ago, steve123 said:

A bit surprised about this as Dempster is in the press saying they will take their time and could be the end of the month !!

To be filed under pish then - until the announcement tomorrow of course.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
32 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Quite pleased about that, means they're not getting Stendel 🙏

:spoton:

These two new managers have a massive challenge in restoring the integrity of football in the city.  Collectively we're not much better than a laughing stock.

Much as I dislike Hibs, them being strong and us being considerably stronger is actually good for the game overall.

At the moment, we're anything but.

These two new managers have a massive challenge in restoring the integrity of football in the city.  Collectively we're not much better than a laughing stock.

Much as I dislike Hibs, them being strong and us being considerably stronger is actually good for the game overall.

At the moment, we're anything but.

46 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Just as dempster does an interview saying it will before end of the month

1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

I think that’s a good appointment tbh he’s certainly not the worst they could go for 

Only source I have is the boy I know it cans from is really pally with Hibs players. He’s been wrong before but I got told about McNulty going to them before it happened.

1 hour ago, Kyle1874 said:

I think that’s a good appointment tbh he’s certainly not the worst they could go for 

Hope they get him , wouldn't be unhappy with that , they could have done much better . 

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Hope they get him , wouldn't be unhappy with that , they could have done much better . 

A think he’s a descent manager but if he does end up at Hibs then am sure it will still go wrong 

Pity if he does join them, think he would be a good choice for us. Ross has demonstrated that he can motivate teams,  be successful and play attacking football. Nothing is guaranteed with any manager, but I'm confident he'd do better than the big-names being bandied about like Keane, Adkins etc... I think they'd come in, sign a few huddies from England, win their first game and lose the next ten, then quit stating that we don't match their ambitions. 

2 minutes ago, tynewater said:

Pity if he does join them, think he would be a good choice for us. Ross has demonstrated that he can motivate teams,  be successful and play attacking football. Nothing is guaranteed with any manager, but I'm confident he'd do better than the big-names being bandied about like Keane, Adkins etc... I think they'd come in, sign a few huddies from England, win their first game and lose the next ten, then quit stating that we don't match their ambitions. 

8 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I think the deal for Jack Ross to Hibs was agreed with a handshake over a week ago.

It was.  He leaked it to his media pals and that’s why it was all over online and embarrassed the tramps into sacking shitey arse and making a statement.  Classless as anything. 

PaulHartley10
1 minute ago, tynewater said:

Pretty sure Adkins and Keane have won promotion to the EPL. Ross couldn't get out of League One.

Ross is nothing more than a champ man manager, signing a load of players he knows and hoping it all clicks.

I'm hoping we appoint a manager and a sporting director who can scout properly and build a squad who can attack as a unit and work as a team. Not hoof it and hope for a flick on :laugh:

Adkins would pish all over Jack Ross IMO. I've always been jealous of these teams that have been assembled from nothing, like Eddie Howe has done, now Lee Johnson and now Alex Neil. Plenty more examples aswell.