Odds on next manager

DB-14

Fozzyonthefence
47 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Shows what a load of shite it is when one of the market leaders has already ruled himself out in no uncertain terms.    

Who was that?

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• kingantti1874

• soonbe110

• mitch41

Robbo is a great price.  Who is experienced and more high profile to HMFC as the great man?  Also it would get the support behind him and he’s links already obviously to AB. 

Edited by Last Laff

People do understand that the bookies odds on next managers arent worth shit and literally come about on tiny amounts of people betting on random guesses.

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Skybet full list at 2100

Steve Robinson       11/10
Jack Ross                  7/2
Roy Keane                  5/1
Austin MacPhee       8/1
David Moyes           10/1
Mark Hughes          12/1
Andy Kirk                 14/1
Nigel Adkins           14/1
Gary Holt                 16/1
John Robertson     16/1
Neil McCann           16/1
Daniel Stendel        20/1
Gary Naysmith       20/1
Michael O'Neill       20/1
Paul Hartley            20/1
Scot Gemmill          20/1
Shelley Kerr             20/1
Steven Pressley      20/1
Takis Fyssas           20/1
Henrik Larsson       25/1
Lee Bullen                25/1
Nathan Jones          25/1
Robbie Neilson        25/1
Aidy Boothroyd        33/1
Aitor Karanka           33/1
Chris Coleman         33/1
Darren Fletcher        33/1
David Obua               33/1
Ian McCall                 33/1
Jon Daly                    33/1
Jose Gomes             33/1
Juho Mäkelä             33/1
Malky Mackay          33/1
Mike Newell              33/1
Neil Harris                 33/1
Steve Watson           33/1
Tony Pulis                 33/1
Alex Neil                    40/1
George Burley           40/1
Stuart McCall            40/1
Owen Coyle               50/1
Walter Smith             50/1
Chris Sutton              66/1
Ally McCoist           100/1
Paul Scholes          100/1

The only name missing is Lord Lucan.

Last time we were promised a big name we got Rix.😂.

This time I think it will be that drunk bloke who assisted Lennon at the Giro.

15 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

People do understand that the bookies odds on next managers arent worth shit and literally come about on tiny amounts of people betting on random guesses.

As someone has already pointed out. Moyes is still on the list and has already ruled himself out.  I would completely ignore these lists. Do bookies just use these lists as a cheap marketing tool? 

4 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Last time we were promised a big name we got Rix.😂.

This time I think it will be that drunk bloke who assisted Lennon at the Giro.

Gary 'watch your back hen' parker? State of that guy  

2 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

As someone has already pointed out. Moyes is still on the list and has already ruled himself out.  I would completely ignore these lists. Do bookies just use these lists as a cheap marketing tool? 

Anybody can message SkyBet on social media and request odds for a manager to be appointed and they will, more than likely, be placed on the list. 

Coburg Hearts
8 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

between Lord Lucan and Red Rum, I'd prefer Red Rum. 

Watch Shergar  coming up on the inside rail.

It's 66/1 Bar, so I think I'll put a fiver on Bar.

42 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Yes, I would think the market on our next manager is pretty small.  If I asked to put £100 on Boris Johnson, he'd suddenly be getting quoted in the betting.

Intriguing that for all the criticism the skybet list gets no one is identifying credible alternatives. Be interested to see if the club pulls out a rabbit from the hat. 

Big Slim Stylee
51 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Robbo is a great price.  Who is experienced and more high profile to HMFC as the great man?  Also it would get the support behind him and he’s links already obviously to AB. 

Much as I revere him I do think we need more if we are serious about challenging properly. I’m done with the recycling of PHMs tbh. According to Budge we’re not skint so something more and different would be welcome.

2 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Rober Abbit? sneaky wee bet. Done wonders for L'Hat in the French 3rd division

Never mind that, have you seen his good lady? 

16 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Much as I revere him I do think we need more if we are serious about challenging properly. I’m done with the recycling of PHMs tbh. According to Budge we’re not skint so something more and different would be welcome.

Dinnae get me wrong, as much as Robbo is the greatest man alive and my all time hero, I do hope the club will aim higher.  But in a parallel universe Robbo replaces Levein then got punted unfairly (who knew gorgeous was going to come in and have us playing the best football I’ve seen in our life) Levein then gets punted, fairly and Robbo comes back and has us united and playing brilliant football? Even if he doesn’t then he’s experienced and thee legend.  Gary Mac even might get behind him, you never know.

Edited by Last Laff

1 hour ago, FruitJuice said:

Gary 'watch your back hen' parker? State of that guy  

Parker.  That's the name.  Surprised I got it wrong as he is ingrained in my memory.

Anyway, if he doesnt get the job, Larsson is a equally big name.

2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Parker.  That's the name.  Surprised I got it wrong as he is ingrained in my memory.

Anyway, if he doesnt get the job, Larsson is a equally big name.

Larsson is a greedy swine. He got a testimonial from Celtic and kept all the money, unlike most big name players who give it to good causes.  I suppose one of the good cause was the 8 grand he used from it to fly his dog back to Sweden.   It's not as if he was retiring from football after Celtic and needed the money.  Barca and man u must've got him a few bob.  It was parker who approached the woman in the car park who had threatened to expose her relationship with Lennon?  I wonder what parker said to the woman who wanted maintenance from Lennon?  Such nice chaps...

58 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Watch Shergar  coming up on the inside rail.

It's 66/1 Bar, so I think I'll put a fiver on Bar.

He might be a cup final scoring legend but too inexperienced. 

56 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Rober Abbit? sneaky wee bet. Done wonders for L'Hat in the French 3rd division

Fur fux sake that's shocking. 

Edited by FruitJuice

9 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Larsson is a greedy swine. He got a testimonial from Celtic and kept all the money, unlike most big name players who give it to good causes.  I suppose one of the good cause was the 8 grand he used from it to fly his dog back to Sweden.   It's not as if he was retiring from football after Celtic and needed the money.  Barca and man u must've got him a few bob.  It was parker who approached the woman in the car park who had threatened to expose her relationship with Lennon?  I wonder what parker said to the woman who wanted maintenance from Lennon?  Such nice chaps...

He probably didn't have to say anything, just the look of him would scare the shit out of her.

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Coburg Hearts said:

The only name missing is Lord Lucan.

Sensible names there and pickpocketed from Anne Budge's desk this morning.

I tell you who isn't a bad shout: Chris Coleman

May as well get ourselves a Netflix documentary where he turns everything around

12 minutes ago, RobNox said:

He probably didn't have to say anything, just the look of him would scare the shit out of her.

Probably threatened to breath on her.  He does look like a full metal jakey. 

3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Sensible names there and pickpocketed from Anne Budge's desk this morning.

I tell you who isn't a bad shout: Chris Coleman

May as well get ourselves a Netflix documentary where he turns everything around

Is he not in China just now?  That's a good shout if its experience we are after.  Like o'Neil, I'm not sure a out his club record.  He has managed at a higher club level than o'Neil but can't remember if he was successful at Fulham. 

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, FruitJuice said:

Is he not in China just now?  That's a good shout if its experience we are after.  Like o'Neil, I'm not sure a out his club record.  He has managed at a higher club level than o'Neil but can't remember if he was successful at Fulham. 

No he failed there too

4 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Probably yes

I wasn't sure if it was them or Cardiff. Ta  he is probably the type to apply for it but can't see it as he's been out if management for a few years now.  

What about that psycho who used to manage Leicester? The one who's son got caught being a wee spoilt brat in Thailand.  

3 hours ago, FruitJuice said:

I wasn't sure if it was them or Cardiff. Ta  he is probably the type to apply for it but can't see it as he's been out if management for a few years now.  

What about that psycho who used to manage Leicester? The one who's son got caught being a wee spoilt brat in Thailand.  

Re Chris Coleman as per Wikipedia....the only real success he's had in his coaching career is the first season at Fulham and inheriting Gary Speed's legacy at Wales.

Following this, he started his coaching career at Fulham. In his first full season as manager, he guided the club to ninth place in the 2003–04 Premier League. After leaving Fulham, Coleman was appointed manager of Real Sociedad, where he resigned in January 2008 due to differences with the incoming president. He returned to England to manage Coventry City, but was dismissed in May 2010 following a poor run of results. Coleman then managed Greek side AEL for the first half of the 2011–12 season before resigning due to financial troubles at the club. In 2012, he took over as Wales national team manager after the death of Gary Speed, and led Wales to UEFA Euro 2016, their first major tournament since the 1958 FIFA World Cup, where they made the semi-finals.

The Real Maroonblood
4 hours ago, Jodami said:

Intriguing that for all the criticism the skybet list gets no one is identifying credible alternatives. Be interested to see if the club pulls out a rabbit from the hat. 

That would be magic.

7 hours ago, Last Laff said:

From that list (now Moyes is out of it) I’ve decided I want Robbo back.

He doesn’t fear the OF in the way CL did. He won at Parkhead and was very unlucky at Ibrox when Dougie McCheat failed to send Boumsong off in a 3-2 defeat before being cheated out of at least a draw by Andy Davis against them at home. Had a bad result at home v Hibs but was again done by bad refereeing just 10 or 11 days later at ER when Colgan rugby tackled Lee Miller when he had a tap-in and only received a yellow, if that. 

Had a few ropey results but, after a good performance v Schalke (you can debate whether he deserves credit for that or not as it was his first game), we won in Basle. Ferencvaros summed up the inconsistency. 

He reached the SC semi and Jamie McAllister (yes, Robbo to blame for selecting him, but so did George Burley before Takis arrived) also done him out of a LC final with a horrendous performance at ER v Motherwell. 

We were going through major upheaval with Romanov coming in and Levein taking MDV, but with his only two signings of choice (he was given several Lithuanians in Miko, Chesney and Kirszys) he still brought in TWO goalscoring strikers on deadline day in Miller and Burchill AND persuaded Paul Hartley to stay when Celtic were trying to unsettle him. At the end of a mixed bag he hadn’t IMHO done badly enough to be sacked but was unceremoniously dumped, or offered demotion to be more accurate, in favour of Burley.

I’ve said before I’d never change the Burley experience but I’ve never been entirely comfortable that Robbo wasn’t given a better (or indeed any) opportunity to build here. 

I’ll support whomever comes in 100% but I’d like Robbo to have an opportunity stand or fall on his own merits and not be inheriting a club where the previous manager was about to steal his best player and there was a takeover in progress, well there is a different kind of takeover ongoing that’s not so bonkers. 

Plenty big names might want our job, but none will give a shit if they fail and they’ll leave with 2-3 years of big bucks in their sky rocket. Robbo will cost a good bit less than most on that list and (I know CL did, too and that didn’t count for much) he will definitely care.

Edited by Shaggy2

kingantti1874

I think Robbo could do a good job, but I don’t want him as manager.. imagine it didn’t go well? Imagine wee Scrotes spraying #robboout on the plaza? 🤮 No I’ve had enough club legends tarnished.. 

the sporting director role - definitely, we are a better club when he’s there.. but manager - not for me! 

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think Robbo could do a good job, but I don’t want him as manager.. imagine it didn’t go well? Imagine wee Scrotes spraying #robboout on the plaza? 🤮 No I’ve had enough club legends tarnished.. 

the sporting director role - definitely, we are a better club when he’s there.. but manager - not for me! 

I'm in full agreement with you here. 

Whether he wants to leave the managers job for that kind of role then who knows but he'd be my choice. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

I'm in full agreement with you here. 

Whether he wants to leave the managers job for that kind of role then who knows but he'd be my choice. 

Your right but If robbo took the sporting director role it could  be a role for the next 10 or 15 years.  Opportunities like that do not come about often.  

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

This, for the same reasons. 

I don't want an ex-Hearts player as manager. We don't need that right now but we do need the likes of Robbo around the club. 

The mess that Levein has left us in shows what blind loyalty gets you. 

👍

Lord Beni of Gorgie
19 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Yip. I want some ***** I can really hate this time. Fed up defending Hearts lads

9 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

What about the other Wednesday name on the list? Bet Victor included Carlos Carvalhal 

Carlos is a lovely fella and used to come into where I work regularly.

Had his longest managerial stay with SWFC but has flitted from job to job otherwise. Played decent football with us but had a squad that cost millions and lead us into a transfer embargo. Not entirely his fault as the chairman was 'bad advised' by agents. Nearest we've got to success in 20 years mind.

Unlikely as he has a job in Portugal.

Edited by Owlvisiting
Spelling

Bazzas right boot

Robbo would maybe  steady us. 

But, we put 8 goals past his team over 2 games whilst struggling to string 3 passes together in the games around them. 

If he wasn't who he was no one would want him based on his management record. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Yip. I want some ***** I can really hate this time. Fed up defending Hearts lads

😭 But true. 

alicante jambo
1 hour ago, Shaggy2 said:

From that list (now Moyes is out of it) I’ve decided I want Robbo back.

He doesn’t fear the OF in the way CL did. He won at Parkhead and was very unlucky at Ibrox when Dougie McCheat failed to send Boumsong off in a 3-2 defeat before being cheated out of at least a draw by Andy Davis against them at home. Had a bad result at home v Hibs but was again done by bad refereeing just 10 or 11 days later at ER when Colgan rugby tackled Lee Miller when he had a tap-in and only received a yellow, if that. 

Had a few ropey results but, after a good performance v Schalke (you can debate whether he deserves credit for that or not as it was his first game), we won in Basle. Ferencvaros summed up the inconsistency. 

He reached the SC semi and Jamie McAllister (yes, Robbo to blame for selecting him, but so did George Burley before Takis arrived) also done him out of a LC final with a horrendous performance at ER v Motherwell. 

We were going through major upheaval with Romanov coming in and Levein taking MDV, but with his only two signings of choice (he was given several Lithuanians in Miko, Chesney and Kirszys) he still brought in TWO goalscoring strikers on deadline day in Miller and Burchill AND persuaded Paul Hartley to stay when Celtic were trying to unsettle him. At the end of a mixed bag he hadn’t IMHO done badly enough to be sacked but was unceremoniously dumped, or offered demotion to be more accurate, in favour of Burley.

I’ve said before I’d never change the Burley experience but I’ve never been entirely comfortable that Robbo wasn’t given a better (or indeed any) opportunity to build here. 

I’ll support whomever comes in 100% but I’d like Robbo to have an opportunity stand or fall on his own merits and not be inheriting a club where the previous manager was about to steal his best player and there was a takeover in progress, well there is a different kind of takeover ongoing that’s not so bonkers. 

Plenty big names might want our job, but none will give a shit if they fail and they’ll leave with 2-3 years of big bucks in their sky rocket. Robbo will cost a good bit less than most on that list and (I know CL did, too and that didn’t count for much) he will definitely care.

Mate what a brilliant post. The last game i went to tynie before i moved abroad was against hibs midweek they beat us 2_1 and i said to my boy wee robbo isnt ready to manage us. Soon after he was sacked. I felt for him but just didnt think he was the person ready at the time. That was around 15 years ago maybe longer since then hes been in the game and now has a lot of experience. At the start of the season i thought get levein out and get robbo and scott crabbe in. Proper hearts men who know what it feels like to wear the jersey. Get some passion into the team and feel hurt as hell after a defeat. For me the wee man might just be the person who can get us going again.

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Thats the spirit let’s really get stuck into this one! He’s getting 2 games doesn’t entertain me with 6-0 wins I’m getting my bed sheet spray painted and hung up over Waverley bridge... no messing about and he’ll definitely be getting the ‘h’ treatment that really shows how much we hate them!😀

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Owlvisiting said:

Carlos is a lovely fella and used to come into where I work regularly.

Had his longest managerial stay with SWFC but has flitted from job to job otherwise. Played decent football with us but had a squad that cost millions and lead us into a transfer embargo. Not entirely his fault as the chairman was 'bad advised' by agents. Nearest we've got to success in 20 years mind.

Unlikely as he has a job in Portugal.

Used to a big budget, noticed it was Rio Ave he is with, whether  a return home was important, a return to Britain, he may want a pot, if he ever intends to do so.

Thanks for the reply

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Thats the spirit let’s really get stuck into this one! He’s getting 2 games doesn’t entertain me with 6-0 wins I’m getting my bed sheet spray painted and hung up over Waverley bridge... no messing about and he’ll definitely be getting the ‘h’ treatment that really shows how much we hate them!😀

Speaking to some commercial pilots over my coffee right now :vangry:

What sort of wages should we be paying a manager? 

At the end of the day if we want someone high profile and experienced, then that's what it'd going to come down too. Based on absolutly nothing at all, say naismith is our highest earner on 7k a week. 

Do we value a manager enough to offer similar wages. If we could find the money, I would be wanting to push the boat out and be paying our manager 500k per year. 

I think this whole saga has shown how valuable a decent manager is to a club. We have the players there to be competing at the top end of the league. Get this appointment right and who knows what will happen. 

Edited by Jambomuzz

Just now, Jambomuzz said:

What sort of wages should we be paying a manager? 

What a weird question,

You’re going to get a coupe of dozen different answers......then what ?