Roy Keane                    5/1
Austin MacPhee                  8/1
David Moyes                              8/1
John Robertson                            12/1
Andy Kirk                                              14/1
Neil McCann                                             16/1
Takis Fyssas                                                    16/1
Daniel Stendel                                                       20/1

They might be a bit fun, and that's fine, but they odds are utterly meaningless.

Shanks said no
4 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

They might be a bit fun, and that's fine, but they odds are utterly meaningless.

Purely for fun and in no way would I encourage anyone to bet based on these odds. The closing date for applicants isn't till Friday and even then we will have to rely on leaks or ITK posters. However it gives us a flavour for the potential candidates out there, albeit not a comprehensive or even accurate list.

MarkDevriesScores4

Does Robinson fit Ann’s “very experienced and high profile” description?

slightly experienced and low profile in my opinion.

i don’t dislike him but I’m not sure he fits the profile described in her interview.

Stuart Lovell on STV saying Stendel is the kind of manager Hibs fans want. Plays their style of football. I wasn't aware he was a shitebag bottle merchant choker?

2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Stuart Lovell on STV saying Stendel is the kind of manager Hibs fans want. Plays their style of football. I wasn't aware he was a shitebag bottle merchant choker?

It’s incredible isn’t it? Seems everyone that graces their pish covered strip is seduced by the myth of Hibs having a ‘style’.

In fairness to him he did play in one of their better sides and maybe thinks that’s how it should be, but how many have they had in the last 40 odd years? They’ve been utter shite for most part. 

Guest ToqueJambo

If we're insisting on looking at managers who had Motherwell punching above their weight, Stuart McCall did a much, much better job than Robinson and has much more experience, including doing much better in England than Robinson did. I really don't get the shouts for Robinson (not just because I get bad flashbacks when I heard that name). There's a very real risk that Robinson is just this year's Tommy Wright, Alan Archibald, etc, etc. Don't want McCall either by the way.

Edited by ToqueJambo

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

would be just like us to let hibs beat us to the punch

9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Yeah like when they...ermmmm???

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, pharmaceutical01 said:

Anne not in the country at the moment - was on the flight to Lisbon this morning

Meeting with Paulo Sergio.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

How many clubs move there DoF to a managers role?

How many clubs appoint a manager who hasn’t managed a side for 5 years?

Quite a left field appointment in some ways.

We didn't move him from DoF to Manager (which seems like a demotion).

He combined both jobs.

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Unless we can get Stendel I’m now warming to Robinson 🤦‍♂️😆 seriously the candidate list is short

Nielsons cv is much stronger than Robinson’s. Surely we can/you can do better? 

The Future's Maroon
1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

The list of names Ann budge will be searching through that have applied for the job will be a lot mor extensive than the bookie list.

Pretty much my thoughts, there will cv’s already in better than anyone on those daft bookie options.

Seymour M Hersh
5 minutes ago, Mort said:

Such an uninspiring list. 

Is that the Glasgow media list? 

It would be very interesting to see the list in Mrs Budge's desk against that list. 

6 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Tommy Wright would be a great appointment. 

An appointment for what though ?....a driving lesson, a haircut, an MOT,,,...anything but a job with us

Candidates like Moyes are few and far between. 

Any big name,  experienced guy is likely to be on a downward curve. Even a spent force.

Any up and coming manager such as Robinson will be seen as a gamble but could be the next big name.

It’s tricky but on balance a young manager with a decent track record so far would probably be the best option. 

Edited by GinRummy

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

Because?

he's had a team with probably less than a third of our resources over-performing for year after year and he's been beating us on a regular basis all that time.  

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

An appointment for what though ?....a driving lesson, a haircut, an MOT,,,...anything but a job with us

see answer above.

Bazzas right boot
47 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

When have they done that? 

Flood lights? 

8 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

he's had a team with probably less than a third of our resources over-performing for year after year and he's been beating us on a regular basis all that time.  

He's had the odd spell when they've had a decent run of results and been playing against Hearts teams managed by Ian Cathro and Craig Levein. Hardly great.

Don't understand anyone wanting him or Robinson here to be honest. We should be looking for better IMO

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Unless we can get Stendel I’m now warming to Robinson 🤦‍♂️😆 seriously the candidate list is short

One thing we don’t know the candidates there has been 30 applicants as of yesterday 

On 31/10/2019 at 17:16, SteauaNeedarest said:

Not the most inspiring list at the moment. Can’t see Jack Ross returning surely?

D6940667-3242-41C2-9236-E6D4B4F31FD9.jpeg

We do not even know who, if any one, has applied!

AB has said Friday is closing day for applications surely we will get a better idea of who is interested after applications close.

Other than RN I suspect most are speculative on that list.

Edited by ollie2004
Typo

8 minutes ago, ollie2004 said:

We do not even know who, if any one, has applied!

AB has said Friday is closing day for applications surely we will get a better idea of who is interested after applications close.

Other than RN I suspect most are speculative on that list.

Surely there will be applications plus a HMFC want list, what I mean is surely anyone in employment won't actually apply?

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, ericb said:

Surely there will be applications plus a HMFC want list, what I mean is surely anyone in employment won't actually apply?

I'm wondering about that. It seems that agents can alert clubs if a manager is interested. Then we'd have to ask for permission to speak to him. This is interesting about how to find a manager - https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47603536

Clarence Seedorf has left Cameroon.

He must be minted by now. Lives in Dubai but maybe he'd fancy Edinburgh

Only a goer if he promises to get the boots back on. :Laugh:

Ford Prentice

On SundayJim Jefferies said he'd spoken to Gilles Rousset. He's currently assistant manager of a Chinese team. I think JJ was suggesting he's interested. Great bloke but no idea what his track record in coaching is.

3 minutes ago, ericb said:

I agree there will be applicants both from currently unemployed and employed interested parties.

I also agree HMFC will have there list of preferred candidates!

2 hours ago, clark963 said:

👀

Glad you're starting to sway. I know I've been pretty OTT with my support of Robinson but i genuinely believe he's the best candidate within our budgets and pull. 

Deary me, how low we have fallen if a Motherwell manager with little and average experience is the most high profile and experienced manager we can hope to acquire.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Hearts_fan said:

Deary me, how low we have fallen if a Motherwell manager with little and average experience is the most high profile and experienced manager we can hope to acquire.

A bit early to say that is the case. 

Almost certain someone will be interested,  resources we or any other team in this country can offer beyond Glasgow is the difficulty convincing someone we are worthwhile 

21 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

Spot on - all this Robinson chat :facepalm: we need to and should be aiming higher 

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Purely for fun and in no way would I encourage anyone to bet based on these odds. The closing date for applicants isn't till Friday and even then we will have to rely on leaks or ITK posters. However it gives us a flavour for the potential candidates out there, albeit not a comprehensive or even accurate list.

Agreed. I wasn't having a pop at you. That list doesn't fill me with confidence, though a couple of the outsiders are interesting......Takis and Stendel.

Shanks said no
2 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Agreed. I wasn't having a pop at you. That list doesn't fill me with confidence, though a couple of the outsiders are interesting......Takis and Stendel.

Takis is one of the odder ones, when I was over in Greece in the summer he was standing for parliament, although he didn't win a seat. Friends there reckoned he saw his future in politics rather than coaching / managing.

Guest ToqueJambo
55 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

I know he has been out the game for a while now and was

considered the last time how about Owen coyle

Coyle is a good example of how finding a new football manager has to be the toughest part of football. Coyle was outstanding with Burnley at the highest level but couldn't get anywhere near that level in his next 5 jobs. And he probably only got each of those jobs because of that one stint with Burnley 10 years ago. The fans of Bolton and Wigan must have been rubbing their hands together when they got Coyle, then....

4 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Your mate needs a medical evaluation.

I’m hoping it’s not him think Kirk might be good but in time we need to get a big name manager someone who will get all the fans back on track....so knowing hearts probably mean it’s Kirk 

Coburg Hearts
23 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Takis is one of the odder ones, when I was over in Greece in the summer he was standing for parliament, although he didn't win a seat. Friends there reckoned he saw his future in politics rather than coaching / managing.

He could be a great Sporting Director, but looks like football's loss is politics gain.

1 hour ago, NB GIN said:

One thing we don’t know the candidates there has been 30 applicants as of yesterday 

It was 'almost 100' on Sunday morning - have some been misplaced?