General Election 2019

Shanks said no

maroonlegions

Our elections are becoming Americanised , as in ,  the attacking  of the credibility of the opposite parties leaders  is  like some kind of Oprah Winfrey  show.

Behold the BBC , the amount of time they have spent on attacking Labour under Corbyn is brutal,,

77280365_157212542317148_9219903644604825600_n.jpg

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Justin Z

• dobmisterdobster

• Mikey1874

maroonlegions
8 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

There are working class people who will gladly vote this man in as Prime Minister.  :rofl: 

Yip turkeys voting for christmas.

78559074_723150104761567_2899804847010217984_n.jpg

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
11 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

There are working class people who will gladly vote this man in as Prime Minister.  :rofl: 

I know. Thick *****.

Dominic Cummings, Boris Johnson's key strategy advisor, publishes a blog today which would be called out as anti semitic if coming from a Labour supporter

It is actually the blog that was reported on BBC News this morning without comment, reply or rebuttal  simply reported as fact

image.png.cf89843b5c3bf6d920c51d714b5e2d48.png

Trapper John McIntyre
4 minutes ago, Old Hearts said:

%age of vote will give a clearer mandate than number of seats....🤔

And if Bojo wins outright, kiss it goodbyyyyyye.

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

624015-projected-seats-stv-poll-november

Might be one less SNP seat and add one more Labour seat to add to this.

The SNP have suspended & dropped Neale Hanvey as their candidate for Kirkcaldy & Cowdenbeath over claims of anti-semitism, Labour currently hold the seat with a slim 259 majority.  Mr Hanvey's name will still appear on the ballot paper but the SNP have pulled support from his campaign.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50586995

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

3 minutes ago, Old Hearts said:

%age of vote will give a clearer mandate than number of seats....🤔

No it won't. It's not a referendum. SNP have one of the biggest vote shares in Europe, do they not? Thank goodness for them as couldn't vote for anyone else. 

Trapper John McIntyre

Looks like its catching on. Not just Labour. If you stay close to shit, the smell rubs off on you.

General election 2019: SNP drop candidate over claims of anti-Semitism

Neale Hanvey Image captionNeale Hanvey will still appear on the ballot paper, but the SNP has pulled support from his campaign

The SNP has dropped its candidate for a key target seat after allegations of anti-Semitism were made against him.

Neale Hanvey is contesting the Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath constituency, where Labour has a majority of 0.6%.

However, the SNP has now withdrawn all support for the former councillor's candidacy, saying he had been suspended pending disciplinary action.

Business convener Kirsten Oswald said: "Anti-Semitism has no place in Scotland, and no place in the SNP."

Mr Hanvey's name will still appear on the ballot paper, but the SNP has pulled support from his campaign

Ms Oswald added: "All political parties have a duty to show leadership, and to take tough action.

"Neale Hanvey is no longer an SNP candidate, and his membership has been suspended pending disciplinary action. All support for his campaign has been withdrawn."

Mr Hanvey is the third candidate to have been dropped by Scottish parties inside two days.

Labour withdrew its support for Falkirk candidate Safia Ali earlier on Thursday over allegations of anti-Semitic posts on Facebook.

2 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Looks like its catching on. Not just Labour. If you stay close to shit, the smell rubs off on you.

General election 2019: SNP drop candidate over claims of anti-Semitism

Neale Hanvey Image captionNeale Hanvey will still appear on the ballot paper, but the SNP has pulled support from his campaign

The SNP has dropped its candidate for a key target seat after allegations of anti-Semitism were made against him.

Neale Hanvey is contesting the Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath constituency, where Labour has a majority of 0.6%.

However, the SNP has now withdrawn all support for the former councillor's candidacy, saying he had been suspended pending disciplinary action.

Business convener Kirsten Oswald said: "Anti-Semitism has no place in Scotland, and no place in the SNP."

Mr Hanvey's name will still appear on the ballot paper, but the SNP has pulled support from his campaign

Ms Oswald added: "All political parties have a duty to show leadership, and to take tough action.

"Neale Hanvey is no longer an SNP candidate, and his membership has been suspended pending disciplinary action. All support for his campaign has been withdrawn."

Mr Hanvey is the third candidate to have been dropped by Scottish parties inside two days.

Labour withdrew its support for Falkirk candidate Safia Ali earlier on Thursday over allegations of anti-Semitic posts on Facebook.

Why has Boris Johnson not been booted? He's anti Scottish. 

30 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

No it won't. It's not a referendum. SNP have one of the biggest vote shares in Europe, do they not? Thank goodness for them as couldn't vote for anyone else. 

Yes, but percentage of votes will give a far far better indication of desire of the country to be Independent than the number of seats won......given that SNP are effectively a one policy party.

Less than 50% of the overall vote, then how is it a mandate for IndyRef2??

9 minutes ago, Old Hearts said:

Yes, but percentage of votes will give a far far better indication of desire of the country to be Independent than the number of seats won......given that SNP are effectively a one policy party.

Don't talk shite!

Trapper John McIntyre
31 minutes ago, Cade said:

So far, every single party in UK politics has thrown people out for being antisemitic.

All the turds being flushed out.

Should have elections more often.

8 minutes ago, Old Hearts said:

A one policy party? They govern Scotland now with many policies and win every election. Folk are catching up and realising we can govern ourselves. They are never going to win over the bigots, the entrenched and people who like the status quo. There needs to be a change in the UK. 

9 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

A one policy party? They govern Scotland now with many policies and win every election. Folk are catching up and realising we can govern ourselves. They are never going to win over the bigots, the entrenched and people who like the status quo. There needs to be a change in the UK. 

Yes, but will anyone NOT in favour of Scottish Independence vote for them??

5 minutes ago, Boab said:

Boris Johnson is a racist.

I can't believe people will vote to have him represent the UK. He's a moron. England have become a shell of a country with no direction. 

Just now, Old Hearts said:

Yes, but will anyone NOT in favour of Scottish Independence vote for them??

Of course they will. I used to vote Labour. 

Just now, Roxy Hearts said:

Of course they will. I used to vote Labour. 

But you are in favour of Scottish Independence, hence why you have switched your vote to them, no?

My question was will anyone NOT in favour of Scotland becoming an Independent country vote for SNP? 

Tories threaten "to review Channel 4's charter" because Boris is replaced by a melting ice sculpture due to not showing up to tonight's climate debate.

:rofl:

*Boris sent his dad and Gove down to C4 but they were refused entry because they're not party leaders.

Edited by Cade

Just now, Old Hearts said:

But you are in favour of Scottish Independence, hence why you have switched your vote to them, no?

My question was will anyone NOT in favour of Scotland becoming an Independent country vote for SNP? 

I have many friends who were Labour and now SNP who, in the past, were unsure of Independence but now would probably vote for it because of the way they see England going....and want no part of it.

Just now, Cade said:

Tories threaten "to review Channel 4's charter" because Boris is replaced by a melting ice sculpture due to not showing up to tonight's climate debate.

Just hope BBC have the integrity to do the same with Boris Johnson running scared of the Andrew Neil interview.

Lack of accountability IS and issue in politics and Boris the Chicken's trustworthiness is in quesiton

Trapper John McIntyre
2 minutes ago, Old Hearts said:

Not any more. Some people who weren't indy supporters voted SNP back in 2007  because they thought it would be a 'change.' Utterly naive about nationalism in every way possible because it was never a force to be considered in Scotland before.

They're not thinking that way now.

manaliveits105

Cos they were lied to by the SNP in 2014 as regards oil and being self sufficient within 3 years and the currency fiasco to name but 2

7 minutes ago, Boab said:

I have many friends who were Labour and now SNP who, in the past, were unsure of Independence but now would probably vote for it because of the way they see England going....and want no part of it.

Yes. Exactly. So, percentage of vote in this Election is a better indication of a desire for IndyRef2 than seats won.

Ie anyone who wants Scottish Independence will vote SNP on 12th December.

So, it's like a dry run IndyRef2 

28 minutes ago, Old Hearts said:

As I stated earlier this is not a referendum. Tories, Labour and Lib Dems have self governance voters who will vote for their party at this election. I would vote for a real Conservative if we were self governing, not that idiot Ruth Davidson type but Adam Smith Scottish conservatism. 

1 minute ago, Cade said:

Boris' dad accuses C4 and the other party leaders of being scared of Gove

One of the most ridiculous statements i've ever heard.

6 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Our elections are becoming Americanised , as in ,  the attacking  of the credibility of the opposite parties leaders  is  like some kind of Oprah Winfrey  show.

Behold the BBC , the amount of time they have spent on attacking Labour under Corbyn is brutal,,

77280365_157212542317148_9219903644604825600_n.jpg

Exhibit A

The Real Maroonblood
4 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Cos they were lied to by the SNP in 2014 as regards oil and being self sufficient within 3 years and the currency fiasco to name but 2

:cornette_dog:

15 minutes ago, weehammy said:

We’re all citizens of the United Kingdom - even you!

Is that an answer? Couldn't care less about the UK. Neil is an idiot. 

Warning - this post contains generalisation!

Quite depressing to think that the baby boom generation, that has found any opportunity to throw how shite life was under Thatcher down our throats on a daily basis for decades, are going to be responsible for keeping her male manifestation in number 10 for another term. Pure stubbornness and we’re supposed to pay them respect that isn’t in anyway repaid.  My generation and the next are slated for being lazy and “not knowing we’re born”.

Meanwhile, the next two generations are saddled with austerity and debt, and no guarantees of even a remotely comfortable retirement, whilst we pay tax and NI to pay their state pensions to top up their generous guaranteed scheme pensions.  

There’s a lower age threshold on voting.  Time to consider an upper age threshold as well me thinks.

1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Quite depressing to think that the baby boom generation, that has found any opportunity to throw how shite life was under Thatcher down our throats on a daily basis for decades, are going to be responsible for keeping her male manifestation in number 10 for another term. Pure stubbornness and we’re supposed to pay them respect that isn’t in anyway repaid.  My generation and the next are slated for being lazy and “not knowing we’re born”.

Meanwhile, the next two generations are saddled with austerity and debt, and no guarantees of even a remotely comfortable retirement, whilst we pay tax and NI to pay their state pensions to top up their generous guaranteed scheme pensions.  

There’s a lower age threshold on voting.  Time to consider an upper age threshold as well me thinks.

I have said this for a very long time.

Those of us still working are supporting the richest generation that have ever existed.

When we eventually collapse into retirement utterly burnt out none of what they enjoy will still exist.

The boomers are demanding free this and free that but will fiercely resist any suggestion they help pay for it all. The people who work- all of us, regardless of whether you earn £20 k  or £200 k are being bled dry.

10 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I actually agree with your last statement. My own mother (whos in her late 80’s) said she’s voting Labour. I asked why and she said “Ive always voted Labour” :vrface:

Theres millions of them all voting Labour/tory/Lib-Dem because “they always have”.

I’m going to say you should be able to vote for 60 years. 16 to 76. Done!

Just now, Pans Jambo said:

I actually agree with your last statement. My own mother (whos in her late 80’s) said she’s voting Labour. I asked why and she said “Ive always voted Labour” :vrface:

Theres millions of them all voting Labour/tory/Lib-Dem because “they always have”.

I’m going to say you should be able to vote for 60 years. 16 to 76. Done!

Spot on.  Being loyal to your party has got us nowhere for decades and I’m spirited by the fact that the younger folk today are doing their homework and voting on key issues that impact them practically rather than just trying to honour the voting practices of their parents and grandparents.  

Ainsley Harriott
14 hours ago, Old Hearts said:

Yes. Exactly. So, percentage of vote in this Election is a better indication of a desire for IndyRef2 than seats won.

Ie anyone who wants Scottish Independence will vote SNP on 12th December.

So, it's like a dry run IndyRef2 

The opinion polls are showing the SNP getting 44% of the overall vote which would suggest not much has changed since 2014.

2 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

The opinion polls are showing the SNP getting 44% of the overall vote which would suggest not much has changed since 2014.

Exactly.

So, if these polls do pan out in the Election for real (ha!), and SNP only get around 44% of the vote in Scotland...........where's the mandate for IndyRef2??

This question is not aimed at you, this is aimed at the Nationalists that were, earlier in this thread, claiming that winning 45+ seats gave them a mandate.