General Election 2019

Shanks said no

Brighton Jambo
2 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

With Netanyahu finally potentially having his crimes catch up to him, this isn't just a politically expedient course of action, either. There's nothing wrong with speaking out against a government that commits human rights atrocities, and then if it shows signs of finally, finally dealing with that, throwing your support behind it is absolutely a valid thing to do.

That I do agree with - criticism of a governments human rights abuses is not anti Semitic in any way and should be encouraged.  People too easily, either deliberately or otherwise confuse criticism of Israel with anti Semitic stereotypes of Jewish people.  They are not the same thing.  

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Justin Z

• dobmisterdobster

• Mikey1874

14 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

That I do agree with - criticism of a governments human rights abuses is not anti Semitic in any way and should be encouraged.  People too easily, either deliberately or otherwise confuse criticism of Israel with anti Semitic stereotypes of Jewish people.  They are not the same thing.  

That's Jewish people that mostly do that.

To be fair anti semitism remains a big concern. History is not good. Not sure how many people are aware of that. Not just the Holocaust. Modern America was built on Jewish immigration from Eastern Europe from the 1920s. 

Why I find it strange people who more than others would defend Jewish people are being attacked. 

1 minute ago, Class of 75 said:

Just defending myself. In case you thought I was taking nonsense. All taken in good heart though. 

But mate it wasn't about the fact that it's a minority government! No one I saw--least of all me--was taking issue with that. It was taking issue with the assertion that with the voting system in place and the additional members added from the lists, that the fact--yes, fact--that the SNP are in minority government has any negative political significance whatsoever. Quite the opposite, that any party has ever managed to win a majority, much less enter a coalition government with nearly 50% of the seats shortly thereafter, is remarkable in showing the nationwide strength of that party, in a system like this.

Sorry if that wasn't already abundantly clear--I have to admit I did not think this was terribly controversial stuff.

Boris the clown in Fife today to launch the Scottish Tory Manifesto.

It's a very slim document.

A single line, in fact.

"Independence Never".

They're nothing but a single issue party of protest, pissing against the growing wind of self determination.

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

That's Jewish people that mostly do that.

To be fair anti semitism remains a big concern. History is not good. Not sure how many people are aware of that. Not just the Holocaust. Modern America was built on Jewish immigration from Eastern Europe from the 1920s. 

Why I find it strange people who more than others would defend Jewish people are being attacked. 

Not sure how many are aware of the persecution of Jews?

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Dude, I just saw someone ask why Irish people didn't eat other stuff during the potato famine.

Ignorance is rife. Is this snarky question that in no way addresses the content of Mikey's post necessary? No.

12 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Tell us then the scale of anti-semitism in Europe before the 1930s. In Poland, Ukraine, Russia etc.

And show me it is common knowledge. The concern is also that it be repeated. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Francis Albert
9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Tell us then the scale of anti-semitism in Europe before the 1930s. In Poland, Ukraine, Russia etc.

European pogroms have been a feature of Jewish history in Europe for many centuries. If people don't know that then it says a lot about our education system.

Anti-semitism today does not take the same form as those pogroms or indeed the Nazi final solution.  

Edited by Francis Albert

Just now, Justin Z said:

Dude, I just saw someone ask why Irish people didn't eat other stuff during the potato famine.

Ignorance is rife. Is this snarky question that in no way addresses the content of Mikey's post necessary? No.

Wha ??

Naw, seriously ?

Alan Partridge came out with that line in a great episode in the 2nd series.

In saying that, some of the ridiculous ideas for shows he came up with in another great episode actually came to pass in one shape or another.

There are some really stupid people about !

Francis Albert
21 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

It wasn't a sarky question. Dude. Not "necessary" but what posts on this board are?

Anti-Semitism today is as much a top down as bottom up phenomenon. Probably more so. Same is true of Islamophobia.The people accused of ant-Semitism and Islamophobia  (and all the rest) in political parties and positions of power or seeking positions of power know the history.  

Labour still 13 pointed behind in the polls but where the same last time when May's arse collapsed due to dementia tax. 

I reckon the public will see through Boris and his lies and vote accordingly. I don't think he will get a majority.  The Lib Dems wont go into a pact with them u less the offer them their second referendum. The DUP wont go near the tories again. 

36 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

'at the end of the day, they will pay the price for being a fussy eater. If they could afford to emigrate, they could afford to eat at a modest restaurant.’

Just now, AlimOzturk said:

Labour still 13 pointed behind in the polls but where the same last time when May's arse collapsed due to dementia tax. 

I reckon the public will see through Boris and his lies and vote accordingly. I don't think he will get a majority.  The Lib Dems wont go into a pact with them u less the offer them their second referendum. The DUP wont go near the tories again. 

I think the Lib Dem’s will crash and burn under what is, quite possibly, the worst leader of a party you’re ever likely to see.

I wouldn’t underestimate the swing to the Tories with the Brexit party not putting up any candidates in seats with a Tory involved. 

56 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

But mate it wasn't about the fact that it's a minority government! No one I saw--least of all me--was taking issue with that. It was taking issue with the assertion that with the voting system in place and the additional members added from the lists, that the fact--yes, fact--that the SNP are in minority government has any negative political significance whatsoever. Quite the opposite, that any party has ever managed to win a majority, much less enter a coalition government with nearly 50% of the seats shortly thereafter, is remarkable in showing the nationwide strength of that party, in a system like this.

Sorry if that wasn't already abundantly clear--I have to admit I did not think this was terribly controversial stuff.

Mate not a problem. No issue. 

dobmisterdobster

'You have called for legislation to protect the NHS from Donald Trump. Maybe the NHS needs legislation to protect it from Nicola Sturgeon…’

Legendary stuff from Andrew Neil.

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Sorry if already mentioned and answered but I see Nicola also wants immigration policy to be devolved to Scotland as one of the conditions of a deal with Corbyn (or whoever). How would that  work?

It works perfectly well in Canada. And they're second biggest land mass on the planet and about 6 or 7 times bigger than us by population. But hey, immigration must be running oot.

3 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

'You have called for legislation to protect the NHS from Donald Trump. Maybe the NHS needs legislation to protect it from Nicola Sturgeon…’

Yet NHS England is horrendous. Any comment, caller? Naw! I didnae think sae.

9 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

A&E Patients seen in under 4 hours:

image.png.a0cdd55b51b83ef205ecc1828b5a81b1.png

Francis Albert
15 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

It works perfectly well in Canada. And they're second biggest land mass on the planet and about 6 or 7 times bigger than us by population. But hey, immigration must be running oot.

Would there be controls on people moving between Scotland and the rest of the UK? If not wouldn't the UK's entire immigration policy effectively be devolved to Holyrood?

54 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The Jews have been persecuted in Europe for most of the last 2000 years, since Roman times, and in almost every European country and major capital.

The Nazi's didn't invent the identication of Jews by wearing a yellow star, that was from the 12th Century and the segregation of Jews from the rest of the population in a ghetto dates back to the 13th Century, the nazi's only copied what other's had been doing to the Jews in Europe for centuries before the nazi's came along.

As for being common knowledge, I thought it was, I thought most people knew that anti-semitism goes back millennia.

Some reading material, this is only from the 1090's onwards but it'll give you good idea what went on in Europe.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/anti-Semitism/Anti-Semitism-in-medieval-Europe

50 minutes ago, Boab said:

I think the Lib Dem’s will crash and burn under what is, quite possibly, the worst leader of a party you’re ever likely to see.

I wouldn’t underestimate the swing to the Tories with the Brexit party not putting up any candidates in seats with a Tory involved. 

This, sadly.  As every day passes and Swinson’s  drone is heard on more doorsteps and in more interviews, the Lib Dem’s lose more support.  She’s their weak link.  Utterly hopeless.  Her approach is purely whining at a high pitch about what other parties are/aren’t doing.  I have no clue what her plan is other than to cancel Brexit.  

45 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

This, sadly.  As every day passes and Swinson’s  drone is heard on more doorsteps and in more interviews, the Lib Dem’s lose more support.  She’s their weak link.  Utterly hopeless.  Her approach is purely whining at a high pitch about what other parties are/aren’t doing.  I have no clue what her plan is other than to cancel Brexit.  

She can't exactly campaign to end the misery of austerity and benefits cuts... not having voted for all of it.

Just now, Victorian said:

She can't exactly campaign to end the misery of austerity and benefits cuts... not having voted for all of it.

Voted with the Tories more times than 72 Tory MPs. 
That last TV debate was painful to watch.

48 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

She wants to build a happy utopia land, flowing with milk & honey, well that's assuming she doesn't nuke the shit out of it first.  🤣

And it's true everytime that she's on TV the Lib Dems lose more and more support.

From the Tory manifesto:

"After Brexit we also need to look at the broader aspects of our constitution:

The relationship between the government, parliament and the courts;

The functioning of the royal prerogative;

The role of the House of Lords;

And access to justice for ordinary people.

We will ensure that judicial review is available to protect the rights of the individuals against an overbearing state, while ensuring that it is not abused to conduct politics by another means or to create needless delays."

Tories not happy at being constantly beaten in the Supreme court over constitutional matters and want to either get around it or simply prevent cases making it that far.

Planning to buff the royal prerogative so that Rees-Mogg can simply tell the Queen what to do and she'll force it through Parliament.

Curbing the Lords even more so there is even less scrutiny of Parliament.

Massive attack on the judiciary and democracy as a whole.

Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

She wants to build a happy utopia land, flowing with milk & honey, well that's assuming she doesn't nuke the shit out of it first.  🤣

And it's true everytime that she's on TV the Lib Dems lose more and more support.

Spin is vital in an election campaign. Unfortunately for the Lib Dem’s, she is their leader and they can’t lock her in a cupboard, save she may something ridiculous. 
The Tories have Gove and Rees Mogg tied up somewhere for very good reasons.

2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

A&E Patients seen in under 4 hours:

image.png.a0cdd55b51b83ef205ecc1828b5a81b1.png

Always thought the targets were an utter nonsense for A&E.

They should exclude everyone who was not supposed to be there.

If you attend with nonsense ,you should not be accorded a target but should wait - effective triage.

See those who need seen first regardless.

All nations would hit their times,

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Would there be controls on people moving between Scotland and the rest of the UK? If not wouldn't the UK's entire immigration policy effectively be devolved to Holyrood?

Why? Say an EU citizen registered in Scotland turns up down south, he'll be papped home, end of.

Passport at all times.

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Why? Say an EU citizen registered in Scotland turns up down south, he'll be papped home, end of.

Passport at all times.

So yes is your answer. Controls on people moving between Scotland and "down south". As a result not even of independence but just devolution of powers to Holyrood. Scots moving south will have to prove they are not EU citizens and Holyrood will cooperate in papping home anyone can't. Home presumably in these circumstances being Scotland?

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

So yes is your answer. Controls on people moving between Scotland and "down south". As a result not even of independence but just devolution of powers to Holyrood. Scots moving south will have to prove they are not EU citizens and Holyrood will cooperate in papping home anyone can't. Home presumably in these circumstances being Scotland?

What you on about. They'll be immigration rules for non UK citizens. Home being where they're from. But hey, FA, knows different. Anyway, why should WM decide who stays up here.

26 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Passport at all times.

Sounds like a police state.

Presumably you would mean an end to free movement of Scots south as well, as we would need a passport to visit England too?

Or would we, as continuing EU members have a "scots EU " passport that had more rights than the other EU passports?

Don't see that working to be honest

Francis Albert
29 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

What you on about. They'll be immigration rules for non UK citizens. Home being where they're from. But hey, FA, knows different. Anyway, why should WM decide who stays up here.

I don't know different just trying to understand what the SNP position means. If immigration policy is devolved presumably that means Scotland can apply different criteria for those who come to the bit of the UK north of the border. So unless there is control over immigrants moving from Scotland south of the border Scotland has imposed its devolved immigration policy on the rest of the UK and Holyrood is deciding who can stay in the UK. How will this work?. How will people be required to show whether they are UK citizens or immigrants to Scotland. How will movement be policed?

These seems to me pretty obvious questions. Has the SNP provided an answer other than yours of  somehow the rest of the UK "papping people back" to wherever they come from.

Edited by Francis Albert

25 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Sounds like a police state.

Presumably you would mean an end to free movement of Scots south as well, as we would need a passport to visit England too?

Or would we, as continuing EU members have a "scots EU " passport that had more rights than the other EU passports?

Don't see that working to be honest

See Justin's link. And in the event of Indy, I'd like a border. So yes, I want immigration from the UK, curbed. All no voters given a British passport and put on a watch list.

Sawdust Caesar
6 hours ago, Boab said:

Not at all. Only anti-Semitic if you believe the spin !

The Rabbi is a homophobe. He has a nerve attempting to smear anyone else. As for Jewish voters being worried, many have spoken against the Rabbi’s views and, quite rightly, are more worried about the far right who are nowhere near Corbyn. I think you and I know exactly where they are hiding.

saw this on another football forum, I've not delved into any of it so some of it could be shoite. Apologies for the length.

1. In October 1936, Jeremy Corbyn’s mother participated in the battle of Cable Street indefence of British Jews after British fascists had staged an assault on the area. Corbyn was raised in a household passionately opposed to antisemitism in all its forms.
2. In 23rd April 1977, Corbyn organised a counter-demonstrationto protect Wood Green from a neo-nazi march through the district. The area had a significant Jewish population.
3. On 7 November 1990, Corbyn signed a motion condemning the rise of antisemitism in the UK
4. In 2002 Jeremy Corbyn led a clean-up and vigil at Finsbury Park Synagogue which had been vandalised in an anti-Semitic attack
5. On 30 April 2002, Corbyn tabled a motion in the House of Commons condemning ananti-Semitic attackon a London Synagogue
6. On 26 November 2003, Jeremy Corbyn signed a Parliamentary motion condemningterrorist attacks on two synagogues
7. In February 2009, Jeremy Corbyn signed a parliamentary motion condemning a fascist for establishing a website to host antisemitic materials
8. On 24th March 2009, Corbyn signed a Parliamentary motion praising British Jews who resisted the Holocaust by risking their lives to save potential victims
9. Nine years ago, Corbyn signed a Parliamentary motion praising “Jewish News”for its pioneering investigation into the spread ofAntisemitism on Facebook
10. On 9 February 2010, Corbyn signed a Parliamentary motion calling for an investigation into Facebook and its failure to prevent the spread of antisemitic materials on its site.
11. On 27 October 2010, Corbyn signed a Parliamentary motion praising the late Israeli Prime Minister for pursuing a two state solution to the Israel/Palestine question.
12. On 13 June 2012, Corbyn sponsored and signed a motion condemning the BBC for cutting a Jewish Community television programme from its schedule.
13. 1 October 2013, Corbyn appeared on the BBC to defend Ralph Miliband against vile antisemitic attacks by the UK press.
14. Five years ago Corbyn signed a Parliamentary motion condemning antisemitism in sport.
15. On 1 March 2013, Corbyn signed a Parliamentary motion condemning and expressing concern at growing levels of antisemitism in European football.
16. On 9 January 2014, Jeremy Corbyn signed a Parliamentary motion praising Holocaust education programmes that had taken 20,000 British students to Auschwitz.
17. On 22 June 2015, Corbyn signed a Parliamentary motion expressing concern at the neo-nazi march being planned for an area of London with a significant Jewish population.
18. On 9 October 2016, Corbyn, close to tears, commemorated the 1936 Battle of Cable Street and recalled the role his mother played in defending London’s Jewish community.
19. On 3 December 2016, Corbyn made a visit to Terezin Concentration Camp when Jewish people were murdered by the Nazis. It was Jeremy’s third visit to such a camp, all of which were largely unreported in the most read UK papers.
20. Last year, a widely-endorsed 2018 academic report found ninety-five serious reporting failures in the reporting of the Labour Antisemitism story with the worst offenders The Sun, the Mail & the BBC.
21. On 28 February 2016, five months after becoming leader, Jeremy Corbyn appointed Baroness Royall to investigate antisemitism at Oxford University Labour Club.
22. On 27 April 2016 Corbyn suspended an MP pending an investigation into antisemitism.
23. A day later, Corbyn suspended the three times Mayor of London after complaints of antisemitic comments. Party.
24. On 29 April 2016, Corbyn launched an inquiry into the prevalence of antisemitism in the Labour Party. In spite of later changes in how the inquiry was reported, it was initially praised by Jewish community organisations.
25. In Corbyn’s first seven months as leader of the Labour Party, just ten complaints were received about antisemitism. 90% of those were suspended from the Labour Party within 24 hours.
26. In September 2017, Corbyn backed a motion at Labour’s annual conference introducing a new set of rules regarding antisemitism.
27. In the six months that followed the introduction of the new code of conduct, to March 2018, 94% of the fifty-four people accused of antisemitism remained suspended or barred from Labour Party membership. Three of the fifty-four were exonerated.
28. When Jennie Formby became general secretary of the party last year, she appointed a highly-qualified in-house Counsel, as recommended in the Chakrabarti Report.
29. In 2018, Labour almost doubled the size of its staff team handling investigations and dispute processes.
30. Last year, to speed up the handling of antisemitism cases, smaller panels of 3-5 NEC members were established to enable cases to be heard more quickly.
31. Since 2018, every complaint made about antisemitism is allocated its own independent specialist barrister to ensure due process is followed.
32. The entire backlog of cases outstanding upon Jennie Formby becoming General Secretary of the Labour Party was cleared within 6 months of Jennie taking up her post.
33. Since September 2018, Labour has doubled the size of its National Constitutional Committee (NCC) – its senior disciplinary panel – from 11 to 25 members to enable it to process cases more quickly.
34. Under Formby and Labour’s left-run NEC, NCC arranged elections at short notice to ensure the NCC reached its new full capacity without delay.
35. Since later 2018, the NCC routinely convenes a greater number of hearing panels to allow cases to be heard and finalised without delay.
36. In 2018, the NEC established a ‘Procedures Working Group’ to lead reforms in the way disciplinary cases are handled.
37. The NEC adopted the IHRA working definition of antisemitism and all eleven examples of antisemitism attached to it.
38. A rule change agreed at Conference in 2018 means that all serious complaints, including antisemitism, are dealt with nationally to ensure consistency.
39. Last year, Jennie Formby wrote to the admins and moderators of Facebook groups about how they can effectively moderate online spaces and requested that any discriminatory content be reported to the Labour Party for investigation.
40. Since last year, no one outside Labour’s Governance and Legal Unit can be involved in decision-making on antisemitism investigations. This independence allows decisions free from political influence to be taken.

1 hour ago, Boab said:

Spin is vital in an election campaign. Unfortunately for the Lib Dem’s, she is their leader and they can’t lock her in a cupboard, save she may something ridiculous. 
The Tories have Gove and Rees Mogg tied up somewhere for very good reasons.

I think I seen Gove on TV today, but the moggie is still missing.

(Re Sawdust Caesar post above)

One of the key reasons Labour Deputy Leader Tom Watson, another public critic of anti-semitism in Labour lost support was because he tried to interfere in the work of Jennie Fornby setting himself up as better asking complaints to come to him directly instead of being investigated as per the new procedure. 

Edited by Mikey1874

5 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

This. It would all go away overnight.

So the anti semitism allegations are bullshit it's all about policy towards Israel!

5 hours ago, Cade said:

The Conservative party has a huge problem with antisemitism, islamophobia, homophobia, misogyny, racism, and anti-trans views and nothing at all has been done.

Of course not. You're talking about the core base. Besides nobody expects the Tories to be anything other than that.

Just now, Sawdust Caesar said:

saw this on another football forum, I've not delved into any of it so some of it could be shoite. Apologies for the length.

1. In October 1936, Jeremy Corbyn’s mother participated in the battle of Cable Street indefence of British Jews after British fascists had staged an assault on the area. Corbyn was raised in a household passionately opposed to antisemitism in all its forms.
2. In 23rd April 1977, Corbyn organised a counter-demonstrationto protect Wood Green from a neo-nazi march through the district. The area had a significant Jewish population.
3. On 7 November 1990, Corbyn signed a motion condemning the rise of antisemitism in the UK
4. In 2002 Jeremy Corbyn led a clean-up and vigil at Finsbury Park Synagogue which had been vandalised in an anti-Semitic attack
5. On 30 April 2002, Corbyn tabled a motion in the House of Commons condemning ananti-Semitic attackon a London Synagogue
6. On 26 November 2003, Jeremy Corbyn signed a Parliamentary motion condemningterrorist attacks on two synagogues
7. In February 2009, Jeremy Corbyn signed a parliamentary motion condemning a fascist for establishing a website to host antisemitic materials
8. On 24th March 2009, Corbyn signed a Parliamentary motion praising British Jews who resisted the Holocaust by risking their lives to save potential victims
9. Nine years ago, Corbyn signed a Parliamentary motion praising “Jewish News”for its pioneering investigation into the spread ofAntisemitism on Facebook
10. On 9 February 2010, Corbyn signed a Parliamentary motion calling for an investigation into Facebook and its failure to prevent the spread of antisemitic materials on its site.
11. On 27 October 2010, Corbyn signed a Parliamentary motion praising the late Israeli Prime Minister for pursuing a two state solution to the Israel/Palestine question.
12. On 13 June 2012, Corbyn sponsored and signed a motion condemning the BBC for cutting a Jewish Community television programme from its schedule.
13. 1 October 2013, Corbyn appeared on the BBC to defend Ralph Miliband against vile antisemitic attacks by the UK press.
14. Five years ago Corbyn signed a Parliamentary motion condemning antisemitism in sport.
15. On 1 March 2013, Corbyn signed a Parliamentary motion condemning and expressing concern at growing levels of antisemitism in European football.
16. On 9 January 2014, Jeremy Corbyn signed a Parliamentary motion praising Holocaust education programmes that had taken 20,000 British students to Auschwitz.
17. On 22 June 2015, Corbyn signed a Parliamentary motion expressing concern at the neo-nazi march being planned for an area of London with a significant Jewish population.
18. On 9 October 2016, Corbyn, close to tears, commemorated the 1936 Battle of Cable Street and recalled the role his mother played in defending London’s Jewish community.
19. On 3 December 2016, Corbyn made a visit to Terezin Concentration Camp when Jewish people were murdered by the Nazis. It was Jeremy’s third visit to such a camp, all of which were largely unreported in the most read UK papers.
20. Last year, a widely-endorsed 2018 academic report found ninety-five serious reporting failures in the reporting of the Labour Antisemitism story with the worst offenders The Sun, the Mail & the BBC.
21. On 28 February 2016, five months after becoming leader, Jeremy Corbyn appointed Baroness Royall to investigate antisemitism at Oxford University Labour Club.
22. On 27 April 2016 Corbyn suspended an MP pending an investigation into antisemitism.
23. A day later, Corbyn suspended the three times Mayor of London after complaints of antisemitic comments. Party.
24. On 29 April 2016, Corbyn launched an inquiry into the prevalence of antisemitism in the Labour Party. In spite of later changes in how the inquiry was reported, it was initially praised by Jewish community organisations.
25. In Corbyn’s first seven months as leader of the Labour Party, just ten complaints were received about antisemitism. 90% of those were suspended from the Labour Party within 24 hours.
26. In September 2017, Corbyn backed a motion at Labour’s annual conference introducing a new set of rules regarding antisemitism.
27. In the six months that followed the introduction of the new code of conduct, to March 2018, 94% of the fifty-four people accused of antisemitism remained suspended or barred from Labour Party membership. Three of the fifty-four were exonerated.
28. When Jennie Formby became general secretary of the party last year, she appointed a highly-qualified in-house Counsel, as recommended in the Chakrabarti Report.
29. In 2018, Labour almost doubled the size of its staff team handling investigations and dispute processes.
30. Last year, to speed up the handling of antisemitism cases, smaller panels of 3-5 NEC members were established to enable cases to be heard more quickly.
31. Since 2018, every complaint made about antisemitism is allocated its own independent specialist barrister to ensure due process is followed.
32. The entire backlog of cases outstanding upon Jennie Formby becoming General Secretary of the Labour Party was cleared within 6 months of Jennie taking up her post.
33. Since September 2018, Labour has doubled the size of its National Constitutional Committee (NCC) – its senior disciplinary panel – from 11 to 25 members to enable it to process cases more quickly.
34. Under Formby and Labour’s left-run NEC, NCC arranged elections at short notice to ensure the NCC reached its new full capacity without delay.
35. Since later 2018, the NCC routinely convenes a greater number of hearing panels to allow cases to be heard and finalised without delay.
36. In 2018, the NEC established a ‘Procedures Working Group’ to lead reforms in the way disciplinary cases are handled.
37. The NEC adopted the IHRA working definition of antisemitism and all eleven examples of antisemitism attached to it.
38. A rule change agreed at Conference in 2018 means that all serious complaints, including antisemitism, are dealt with nationally to ensure consistency.
39. Last year, Jennie Formby wrote to the admins and moderators of Facebook groups about how they can effectively moderate online spaces and requested that any discriminatory content be reported to the Labour Party for investigation.
40. Since last year, no one outside Labour’s Governance and Legal Unit can be involved in decision-making on antisemitism investigations. This independence allows decisions free from political influence to be taken.

“ No, that can’t be right. He’s an anti-Semite. 
The BBC said so ! “

” Can I use a crayon to cast my vote ? “

Boris to reporters:

"What we do in the Tory party is, when anybody is guilty of any kind of prejudice or discrimination against another group, then they’re out first bounce"

giphy.giftenor.gif?itemid=5684543

maroonlegions
5 hours ago, Justin Z said:

YES--thank you. Personally, even as I see eye-to-eye on him economically on a fair bit of stuff, I think he's a terrible politician and he would make a terrible leader. His complete lack of nous and savvy is a large part of why. Not because he is something he isn't (antisemitic).

Look no further than the current PM for unacceptable comments made in PUBLIC.

Comments that if uttered from another voice   would be rightly condemned as racist .

Those casting the first Tory stone at Corbyn really need to look  closer to home at the state of antisemitism, homophobic and racists within the Tory party..

Rearing its ugly head just in time for the election from a Rabbi that congratulated Boris on becoming the nasty parties new leader.

77422167_156526915719044_6139306061984694272_n.jpg

16 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

You @Roxy Hearts should 'Uncle Tom' away to your hearts content.

Thank you for your endorsement. I presume you understand this better, now? In context of course, wouldn't want it being misconstrued or misunderstood! 

Johnson has been (sort of) challenged before on his previous comments whilst a 'journalist'.      He seems to be able to disassociate himself from criticism by saying that he said tons of other stuff that wasn't abusive and discriminatory and that people will find something if they look closely enough.

Perhaps he is trying to have us believe that discriminatory / hate speech content occured via an unfortunate act of randomness as a result of him writing an infinite number of articles.

Well... I wrote an infinite number of things so it is inevitable that some of them were Islamaphobic.     

Some member of the public with no hidden agenda whatsoever just said on TV that Corbyn is an anti-semite and the Labour party is wholly anti-semitic.

Well that's ignorant,  abusive bullshit and wildly hysterical fairy stories.

The BBC must have thought it was Christmas (other religious festivals are available).    

maroonlegions
12 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Johnson has been (sort of) challenged before on his previous comments whilst a 'journalist'.      He seems to be able to disassociate himself from criticism by saying that he said tons of other stuff that wasn't abusive and discriminatory and that people will find something if they look closely enough.

Perhaps he is trying to have us believe that discriminatory / hate speech content occured via an unfortunate act of randomness as a result of him writing an infinite number of articles.

Well... I wrote an infinite number of things so it is inevitable that some of them were Islamaphobic.     

Why now? Why did this Rabbi choose now?

Gone are the days when priests indicated how congregations should vote.

What would the chief Rabbi think of the leading Muslim, Catholic, Sikh, or C of E leaders all got involved indicating how people should vote? What would the Rabbi think if Allama Qamaruzzaman Azmi, Leader of World Islamic Mission indicated how muslims should vote against the Tory Party.It seems Muslim leaders have more sense Keep religion out of politics particularly during an election. Its about time there was a law against it. It is counter productive and hypocritical for any religious leader who values social inclusivity and cohesion.