Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Justin Z

• dobmisterdobster

• Mikey1874

Just now, manaliveits105 said:

Labour brought in the act - FACT

Boris playing a blinder not allowing Marrs bumbling to deter him 

Who’s been in power to change those laws for the last 9 years?

7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Boris blaming Labour for the terrorist attack. You've been in power for 10 years ya scumbag.

I agree with you about him being a scumbag, but much of what we now reap was sown in the New Labour years, through a foreign policy that thought nothing of destabilising the world out of greed. That’s not to say that any other party would have stood up to the Bush administration or put lives before money and oil, but much of the damage was done done on Labour’s watch.

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

I agree with you about him being a scumbag, but much of what we now reap was sown in the New Labour years, through a foreign policy that thought nothing of destabilising the world out of greed. That’s not to say that any other party would have stood up to the Bush administration or put lives before money and oil, but much of the damage was done done on Labour’s watch.

I do agree, a bit. But I don't remember the Tories standing up to W's Da.

11 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Labour brought in the act - FACT

Boris playing a blinder not allowing Marrs bumbling to deter him 

The guy asked for help while in prison but was refused. Conservative government cuts. 

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I do agree, a bit. But I don't remember the Tories standing up to W's Da.

No. Indeed. Not when there was the prospect of contracts on the table.

5 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Its true that invading Iraq made England a target for terrorist attacks. 

Still unclear whether Boris Johnson will be interviewed by Andrew Neill.

Initially said being interviewed by Marr was enough. 

Edited by Mikey1874

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yes. As many experts warned at the time.

"It's Labour's fault"

"It's Labour's fault"

"It's Labour's fault"

But Boris, you've been in power for 9 years.

Certain policies may well indeed have been made by the last Labour government.

But if you've been unable to change them in the last 9 years then you were either happy with those policies or incompetent in not changing them.

Which is it?

What Andrew Marr tried to point out is the scale of the cuts. 

Boris as others have pointed out is offering something new.

But reversing cuts for example in probation or prison services isn't what any party is particularly offering. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Who’s been in power to change those laws for the last 9 years?

True but it was Lord Justice Leveson and two colleagues sitting in the Court of Appeal that quashed the "indeterminate" sentence which he was given to protect the public. This would mean he had to convince the parole board he was not  threat. Changing it to a determinate sentence meant he was eligible for early release on licence in December of last year. It is very likely he would still be in prison now had the original sentence not been quashed. 

On 29/11/2019 at 19:25, Gashauskis9 said:

Who’s this nippy wee posh schoolboy on the stage for the Tories tonight?  He’s hopeless.

He's back on tonight for the ITV leaders debate 7pm 

2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Lord Justice Leveson and two colleagues sitting in the Court of Appeal that quashed the "indeterminate" sentence which he was given to protect the public. 

An inconvenient truth.  

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

He's back on tonight for the ITV leaders debate 7pm 

He looks like a prefect who was abducted by robots and hasn’t been home since 6th year.

7 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

That was the case in the 00's (certainly the motivation for the 7/7 and Madrid bombings) but the most recent wave of terror activity wasn't based on who invaded Iraq or not. France didn't take part in Iraq and as a result, wasn't a victim of an attack until much later. ISIS didn't/don't discriminate in the same way Al Qaeda did, West is the West to them. 

Of course, there's the question about without our backing for Iraq, the invasion might never have went ahead. ISIS may never have happened etc, but that's a serious push etc now. And if we're going down that road, I'm fairly certain Corbyn was one of the few Labour MPs publicly criticising his own government for their position. 

Johnson simply has no shame and is actively trying to replicate the Trump/Bannon playbook of contesting everything and anything. You never apologise, never admit blame and never backdown. 

Edited by Toggie88

34 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

Johnson simply has no shame and is actively trying to replicate the Trump/Bannon playbook of contesting everything and anything. You never apologise, never admit blame and never backdown. 

Another part of that Trump playbook is refusing to put yourself to public scrutiny.

Johnson hiding from the C4 debate and Andrew Neil should be a key issue for the MSM. It's dangerous that it is not seen as an issue.

In the USA Trump holds press "conferences" to the background noise of the Marine One helicopter blades and the current White House press officer has never held a single press briefing. In the UK Johnson's chief puppet is Dominic Cummings but he is never subject to cross examination in spite of the fact his blog is reported unquestiongly on BBC news programmes.

Edited by RobboM

Jo Swinson again started tonight's ITV debate by attacking Boris Johnson.

After spending all her time as leader attacking Jeremy Corbyn, she has finally learnt the electoral reality. 

Tories are obsessed with this fear of Labour propped up by the SNP.  Bit rich coming from a minority government propped up by the DUP.

16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Jo Swinson again started tonight's ITV debate by attacking Boris Johnson.

After spending all her time as leader attacking Jeremy Corbyn, she has finally learnt the electoral reality. 

She’s defo had a makeover as well.  Looks like she’s had her teeth fixed and got rid of the tacky earrings at last.

Jo Swinson actually asked a good question there. 

(What deal can Labour obtain that is better than staying in the EU)

Edited by Mikey1874

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Jo Swinson actually asked a good question there. 

(What deal can Labour obtain that is better than staying in the EU)

I wonder if Labour would have been better just promising a referendum on Johnson's withdrawal agreement. The future deal is up for grabs anyway

Facebook have removed the Conservatives election adverts that have BBC news presenters talking about Brexit being delayed. Accepting the BBC complaint. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-12-01/facebook-removes-seven-u-k-tory-party-ads-after-bbc-complaint

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50624086

Edited by Mikey1874

Just now, RobboM said:

I wonder if Labour would have been better just promising a referendum on Johnson's withdrawal agreement. The future deal is up for grabs anyway

He should have answered the question by saying Labour's plan for Customs Union and single market access will be as close as possible to EU membership. 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

He should have answered the question by saying Labour's plan for Customs Union and single market access will be as close as possible to EU membership. 

CCan't see that flying at all. Accept all the rules without any voice in making them.

6 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Can't see that flying at all. Accept all the rules without any voice in making them.

1. Boris's deal (actually Teresa May's) is effectively a Customs Union anyway

2. EU is ready to approve Labour's deal quickly 

That is why Nigel Farage is correct in most of what he says. To get the true Brexit you pretty much need No Deal. (Mainly down to EU strong positions i.e. being in control of the whole process) 

Edited by Mikey1874

8 minutes ago, RobboM said:

If Jeremy wanted to remain that’s what he’d have done.  Because in his heart of hearts he wants to leave, he wants to shape his own deal to make this happen.

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

That is why Nigel Farage is correct in most of what he says. To get the true Brexit you pretty much need No Deal. (Mainly down to EU strong positions i.e. being in control of the whole process) 

No Deal is simply not viable.

At some point in the very immediate future we'd have to find some kind of deal with the EU and that means accepting their standards and regulations on imported products.

Only complete morons think we can exist on WTO rules alone.

22 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I don't think any Brexit deals are easy to sell or better than the terms we already have BUT I do think that had Labour said it would be Johnson's deal on the table for a referendum then that puts pressure back on the Tories to argue against their deal being endorsed by the public.

17 minutes ago, gjcc said:

85DC9F9E-685F-4603-BA1E-E5E4BE03266D.jpeg

Demonising and ridiculing the opposition. Puerile.

Edited by redjambo

17 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Jesus, is that what a 20 year old lassie from Airdrie looks like?  Some paper round that.

And she asked about people working together!

Just now, manaliveits105 said:

Sturgeon is a perfect example of empty vessels make most noise

And you are the perfect example of a poster who continually comes out with negative sound-bites that add nothing constructive to the debate (although I do admit that this post does exactly that too :)).

Seriously that labour guy was utterly hopeless in that debate. The country is a mess, the political system under greater scrutiny than ever before and every single answer was what the torries haven’t done rather than what a Labour would do. When are these politicians going to get their heads out their own arseholes and understand we’re sick of hearing the same tired pish. 

The indies and greens come out of that debate with real credibility, willing to talk cross party, looking to the future and solving the real issues people are concerned with.

Labour have made a total arse of this election.

the torries and Farage = Brexit

Lib Dems = another vote/remain 

SNP and Pliad = Independence / remain

Greens = climate change and remain

Labour = vote us and we’ll tell you later! That’s winning no votes and no confidence.

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Sturgeon is a perfect example of empty vessels make most noise

I'm presuming our First Minister is doing well as people like yourself keep whingeing on about her? If she was a nomark like Swinson, bores like you would keep your mouth shut. Ya....... 

Atest Polls and media coverage suggesting the Tories.lead is dropping. Combination of popularity In Labours manifesto and comments made by London bombing victims relative about Boris statement.