General Election 2019

Shanks said no

6 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Why now? Why did this Rabbi choose now?

Gone are the days when priests indicated how congregations should vote.

What would the chief Rabbi think of the leading Muslim, Catholic, Sikh, or C of E leaders all got involved indicating how people should vote? What would the Rabbi think if Allama Qamaruzzaman Azmi, Leader of World Islamic Mission indicated how muslims should vote against the Tory Party.It seems Muslim leaders have more sense Keep religion out of politics particularly during an election. Its about time there was a law against it. It is counter productive and hypocritical for any religious leader who values social inclusivity and cohesion.

Exactly. A religion with a tiny percentage of adherents in the UK is given a platform by the msm to influence the election. 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Justin Z

• dobmisterdobster

• Mikey1874

4 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

What would the chief Rabbi think of the leading Muslim, Catholic, Sikh, or C of E leaders all got involved indicating how people should vote? What would the Rabbi think if Allama Qamaruzzaman Azmi, Leader of World Islamic Mission indicated how muslims should vote against the Tory Party.It seems Muslim leaders have more sense Keep religion out of politics particularly during an election. Its about time there was a law against it. It is counter productive and hypocritical for any religious leader who values social inclusivity and cohesion.

It's certainly questionable based on debatable objectivity,    vested interests and inherently biased beliefs.      Charitable organisations are not permitted to campaign for a party and I would argue that charities are actually much better qualified and less likely to be impaired by prejudice than any religious group.      

Brighton Jambo
7 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Sorry to break it to you but the Muslim Council came out today to criticise islamaphobia in Tories.

then the Archbishop of Cantebury endorses rabbis comments and said Jews should be afraid.

They are all at and BJ and JC are as bad as each other .  Better off rid of both of them.  

8 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Pure whataboutery with Boris Islamic slurs - Labour getting as desperate as snp 

How are the SNP desperate? Most MPs, MSPs, MEPs and Councillors in Scotland . Some Scots know what they're doing and would love to get rid of Johnson and Corbyn. My daughter is voting for the first time and loathes Johnson and likes Corbyn. My persuasion has pointed to the SNP so a relief! 

Just spoke with my daughter's boyfriend and he registered today. He's also voting for first time and another SNP convert. Brilliant. 

Edited by Roxy Hearts

8 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Sorry to break it to you but the Muslim Council came out today to criticise islamaphobia in Tories.

then the Archbishop of Cantebury endorses rabbis comments and said Jews should be afraid.

They are all at and BJ and JC are as bad as each other .  Better off rid of both of them.  

Lead item BBC Breakfast News Tory Rabbi
Lead item BBC Lunchtime News Tory Rabbi

Lead item BBC Evening News Tory Rabbi

Muslim Council mentioned in the evening news, no interview given certainly no equivalent time or prominence

Anti semitism accusations against Labour seem to basically be evidence free
Islamophobic accusations against the Tories come straight from Boris Johnson's mouth and writings.

Well done to Swinson for her court victory to prevent the SNP posting out leaflets regarding her receipt of a donation from a fracking company.     A great achievement... saving the SNP a fair few quid in postal costs.

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

See Justin's link. And in the event of Indy, I'd like a border. So yes, I want immigration from the UK, curbed. All no voters given a British passport and put on a watch list.

But isn't Nicola talking about devolution within the UK not a post independence situation?  It's Ok on your past form this is a rhetorical question and I don't expect an answer.

Edited by Francis Albert

The answer should have been limited to "it's totally unrealistic that large numbers would leave and I believe they wont leave".       

Really shite question but short answers are required with this guy.

5 minutes ago, Cade said:

"Aye but everybody who pays tax will leave"

:vrface:

Andrew Neil spouting old tropes and pish as per usual

He owned him. Steptoe was floundering. Fantasy economics written on the back of a fag packet 

Trapper John McIntyre

Well thats two down. Both absolutely ripped.

Three to go.

What a masterclass of political interviewing. Laying bare the charlatans that lead political life in Britain.

Neil will hardly break sweat destroying Farage, Jo and Boris. That's why he left them for last!

Edited by Trapper John McIntyre

manaliveits105
33 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Well done to Swinson for her court victory to prevent the SNP posting out leaflets regarding her receipt of a donation from a fracking company.     A great achievement... saving the SNP a fair few quid in postal costs.

Nice touch by Libdems to put pics of Sturgeon and Salmond on their  canvassing leaflets :cornette:

3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

You just don't dither with Neil.    Should have been better prepared.

I think I said yesterday that these interviews will show how bad the politicians / politics in this country are. The options available to us are truly scary.

Just now, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Two to go.

What a masterclass of political interviewing. Laying bare the charlatans that lead political life in Britain.

Neil will hardly break sweat destroying Jo and Boris. That's why he left them for last!

Actually it's not a masterclass of political scrutiny.     It's a masterclass of personality scrutiny.      It's a very tough examination of how a leader handles tough questioning.     The political content is completely secondary.

Trapper John McIntyre
Just now, Victorian said:

Actually it's not a masterclass of political scrutiny.     It's a masterclass of personality scrutiny.      It's a very tough examination of how a leader handles tough questioning.     The political content is completely secondary.

I'd say more than anything its and exercise in  laying bare how little these so called leaders understand theirown  policies and how to sell them. Can you imagine Harold Wilson or Margaret Thatcher being so unprepared? Never in a million years.

Trapper John McIntyre
6 minutes ago, jamb0_1874 said:

I think I said yesterday that these interviews will show how bad the politicians / politics in this country are. The options available to us are truly scary.

Correct. Its a case of picking the least bad and praying for the best. Nothing more.

Just now, Trapper John McIntyre said:

I'd say more than anything its and exercise in  laying bare how little these so called leaders understand theirown  policies and how to sell them. Can you imagine Harold Wilson or Margaret Thatcher being so unprepared? Never in a million years.

There's no problem not being able to provide a particular fact or figure.    It is remarkable to be under prepared regarding how to answer his questions.     Hesitation and repetition will be devoured.    Short and to the point is all that's needed.

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

There's no problem not being able to provide a particular fact or figure.    It is remarkable to be under prepared regarding how to answer his questions.     Hesitation and repetition will be devoured.    Short and to the point is all that's needed.

Got to say I was pretty disapointed. Expected Corbyn to have a bit more fight about him, not end up cowed, there's 9 years of austerity to clean up, 3.5 years of Brexit dithering, barely even mentioned th NHS. C'mon Jeremy, needs to do better!

Trapper John McIntyre
6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

There is a problem because it seems to be de rigeur in political life now for sound bites and catch phrases to be used and hidden behind in place of substance because so many politicians are neither trained in economics or have had 'real' jobs before they entered politics. People like Roy Jenkins, Dennis Healey etc would be fully in charge of their briefs and never be seen to flounder. We've now got used to it that when we watch someone like Neil revert to the forensic style of yesteryear e.g. Brian Walden it just looks different to what we're now accustomed to.

Or are we as a society become just so dumbed down?

Edited by Trapper John McIntyre

9 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Got to say I was pretty disapointed. Expected Corbyn to have a bit more fight about him, not end up cowed, there's 9 years of austerity to clean up, 3.5 years of Brexit dithering, barely even mentioned th NHS. C'mon Jeremy, needs to do better!

And a country to ruin 

Francis Albert

I have no time for Corbyn but Neill's last attack about some hypothetical terrorist was ridiculous. In fact Andrew Neill generally is ridiculous. Should have stuck to editing the Hibsman.

Trapper John McIntyre
Andrew Neil's interview with Jeremy Corbyn airs at 7.00 Here's the message going around Labour activists' whatsapp groups
Apparently it's "truly horrific". "Like, awful" They're planning to "flood all the hashtags" to "push images and stories with positive message"
ImageImage

Trapper John McIntyre
Just now, Francis Albert said:

I have no time for Corbyn but Neill's last attack about some hypothetical terrorist was ridiculous. In fact Andrew Neill generally is ridiculous. Should have stuck to editing the Hibsman.

The real issue is that this is a potential leader that actually has to be asked such a question.

Trapper John McIntyre
3 minutes ago, weehammy said:

The forensic style of interview has long been out of fashion. Neil is maybe the last survivor of the Robin Day, Brian Walden type.

What we get now is the Question Time reality game show format of ‘debate’ , complete with audience participation.

Yes.

You'd have to honest with yourself and admit that compared to Day, Walden and Paxman, Andrew Neil is a big softie!

3 minutes ago, weehammy said:

The forensic style of interview has long been out of fashion. Neil is maybe the last survivor of the Robin Day, Brian Walden type.

What we get now is the Question Time reality game show format of ‘debate’ , complete with audience participation.

You should look up "Head to Head" with Mehdi Hasan on AJ English.

He's absolutely brutal and takes zero shit.

Trapper John McIntyre
9 minutes ago, Cade said:

He's an overly aggressive, bigoted t**t.

9 minutes ago, Cade said:

He’s a legend.  Thoroughly recommend his interview with Richard Tice.  He ****ing ruins him.

Francis Albert
17 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

The real issue is that this is a potential leader that actually has to be asked such a question.

While I tend to agree I think comparimg  Neil with Day Walden or even Paxman is over generous

I thought Neil came across as an arse in that interview, didn’t let Corbyn get a word in.  Hope he questions where the Tories are getting their magic money tree from as well when he interviews Boris.

dobmisterdobster
9 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I thought Neil came across as an arse in that interview, didn’t let Corbyn get a word in.  Hope he questions where the Tories are getting their magic money tree from as well when he interviews Boris.

That's because he wouldn't answer the questions and kept trying to change the subject.

He refused to apologise over the antisemitism issue because he is not sorry.

Psychedelicropcircle

Some chringy [Mod Edit]servative party political broadcast on ch4 right now😂

stragic questions like Sunday roast or fish & chips!

dobmisterdobster
5 minutes ago, weehammy said:

The Tory tree is a mere sapling compared to the Giant Redwood Labour plan to use.

Labour has an entire orchard.

1 hour ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Three to go.

Neil will hardly break sweat destroying Farage, Jo and Boris. That's why he left them for last!

Sturgeon wasn't ripped. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/50552295

Trapper John McIntyre

Dear Mr A F Neil,

I write to advise that my son has been up all night with sickness and diarrhoea and may be contagious. Accordingly, he will not be in school today.

Yours sincerely,

Mr Stanley Johnson

2 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Dear Mr A F Neil,

I write to advise that my son has been up all night with sickness and diarrhoea and may be contagious. Accordingly, he will not be in school today.

Yours sincerely,

Mr Stanley Johnson

:rofl:

I don't like Neil either and I think his purpose of interrogation is often pointless but it takes a lot of skill to do what he does.     He's incredibly good at keeping the trajectory of the discussion on his agenda.    Literally makes his victim's head spin.    They have no chance whatsoever to build up to an answer / non answer.     

It's only successful purpose (intended or not) is to display who can survive the interview without looking like a fish out of water.     You don't get proper scrutiny in terms of detailed answers.     It has it's place but it says very little for the actual details.

7 hours ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Three to go.

:rofl:

Neil is a total fraud. He flat out lied about the growth commission and the FM took him to cleaners.

Anyway, he'll probably die of a heart attack by the end of the week just before he takes it up the arse from BJ. Oh and how can a wig be receding. 

4 hours ago, indianajones said:

Some of the Tories on here with their postal votes while being outraged about anti-semitism. 

DkGJp8VWsAEhsVm.jpg

Na, The Scottish Tories are all bona fide Presbyterian. They only vote in Church of Sc... Wait a minute!?!? 

7 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

:spoton: