• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Justin Z

• dobmisterdobster

• Mikey1874

"Everybody earning more than £80k will leave"

Ok fine, someone else who doesn't mind paying tax will take their vacated job and we all benefit.

Moaning arseholes emigrate, treasury gets more money.

6 minutes ago, Cade said:

"Everybody earning more than £80k will leave"

Ok fine, someone else who doesn't mind paying tax will take their vacated job and we all benefit.

Moaning arseholes emigrate, treasury gets more money.

Where do they plan to move to?
Post Brexit their right to freedom of movement will have been taken away from them.

4 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Where do they plan to move to?
Post Brexit their right to freedom of movement will have been taken away from them.

Turkey and The Middle East, or maybe Pakistan and North Korea when they demand freedom of movement in their trade deals.

Freedom of movement with the US, Canada, Australia and NZ would be good.

Edited by ri Alban

20 hours ago, Cade said:

Three quarters of Universal Credit claimants have had this month's payments reduced for a variety of reasons.

Recouping of emergency loans awarded to last the 5 week delay before the first regular payments begin is the main one.

Others have reductions due to increased sanctions rules.

More than a third of households which receive Universal Credit have seen a reduction of 20% or more.

There was no advance notification of these payments being reduced.

Foodbanks across the country have been put on high alert.

Vote tory though eh?

According to the good Doctor that's not an excuse for not paying the same tax as him.

Then we would all be equal says he.

Feckin unbelievable. 

4 hours ago, Smithee said:

Has anyone actually said that like?

I'm not a labour supporter, I just dont like the attitude from some of the very well off who think they're above tightening their belt by a few quid a month.

I haven't really followed much of the election coverage. Has there been a large outcry from people earning over £80K about paying an extra couple hundred in tax? 

Tory manifesto: "Re-hiring all the cops and nurses we fired over the last ten years but also cutting tax so the only way to pay for this is to destroy the entire social care system"

9 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

I haven't really followed much of the election coverage. Has there been a large outcry from people earning over £80K about paying an extra couple hundred in tax? 

Couldn't tell you the extent of any outcry, I dont know any myself and I don't consume a lot of right wing media but I've seen it here and on Facebook.

I don't feel particularly well placed to gauge the extent of public opinion TBH, why do you ask?

Trapper John McIntyre

Tories up 7 points in a week in Scotland.

More reasons for discomfort for the Belle of Bute House.

SNP: 40% (+1)

CON: 28% (+7)

LAB: 20% (+1)

LDM: 11% (-2)

Via

, 20-22 Nov. Changes w/ 9-11 Oct.

Edited by Trapper John McIntyre

Trapper John McIntyre

Did anyone view Ms Freeman's abysmal performance on Sunday Politics?

More details of the hospital shambles. And our Health Minister hadnt even read a report about it. Didn't need to as she's not a 'clinician'.

What are you then?

Just now, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Tories up 7 poinys in a week in Scotland.

More reasons for discomfort for the Belle of Bute House.

SNP: 40% (+1)

CON: 28% (+7)

LAB: 20% (+1)

LDM: 11% (-2)

Via

, 20-22 Nov. Changes w/ 9-11 Oct.

Funny you didn't post the analysis 

BREAKING: First Scottish poll of the campaign. Labour forecast to lose all but one of its Scots seats. SNP up six to 41, Tories down one to 12, and Lib Dem’s up one to five.

Bet they're shitting themselves.

Trapper John McIntyre
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Funny you didn't post the analysis 

Bet they're shitting themselves.

So much for a Nat clean sweep. Just means the 60%+ unionist vote is coalescing around one party.

Not quite the 60% that Nats are looking for.

Trapper John McIntyre
2 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Wow S Lab getting one seat with 20% of the vote.

No surprise there.

1 minute ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

So much for a Nat clean sweep. Just means the 60%+ unionist vote is coalescing around one party.

Not quite the 60% that Nats are looking for.

:laugh: you actually would be giving it big licks if the snp got all but 1 seat with 59% of the vote eh?

"Haha where's your clean sweep now??"

Trapper John McIntyre
10 minutes ago, Smithee said:

:laugh: you actually would be giving it big licks if the snp got all but 1 seat with 59% of the vote eh?

"Haha where's your clean sweep now??"

Its quite possible  of course. Then again, anything is. If 59% of a population vote for a divisive, bigoted, lying shower like the SNP,  then who am I to diss the democratic process?

4 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Its quite possible  of course. Then again, anything is. If 59% of a population vote for a divisive, bigoted, lying shower like the SNP,  then who am I to diss the democratic process?

Says a Tory voting Brexiter.

1 minute ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

You're an interesting chap, you pop up, attack for a bit, then **** off again, but I cant think I've ever actually seen you talking about thoughts and beliefs. 

Attacking's easy, give us some pearls john!

Just now, Smithee said:

You're an interesting chap, you pop up, attack for a bit, then **** off again, but I cant think I've ever actually seen you talking about thoughts and beliefs. 

Go to the comments section of the Scotsman.

Trapper John McIntyre
13 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Hi Smithee. Like the avatar.

I would join along with you with the cheese grater regarding the Scotsman columns. Dear Aussie is fixated on it and is convinced I'm a regular contributor. Can't think of anything worse to do with my time.

39 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

I'm glad the SNP wind you up. Give it a rest! If you're looking for bigots, there are none bigger than a certain Unionist team from the West. Utter moronic behaviour, maybe you're best suited to them as it fits your pathetic outlook. 

Boris "50,000 new nurses"

5,000 Apprenticeships

14,000 Undergrad students

12,000 immigrants (yes, really)

19,000 current nurses who want to leave but will be encouraged to stay on

So it's not 50,000 new nurses then, is it?

2 minutes ago, Cade said:

Boris "50,000 new nurses"

5,000 Apprenticeships

14,000 Undergrad students

12,000 immigrants (yes, really)

19,000 current nurses who want to leave but will be encouraged to stay on

So it's not 50,000 new nurses then, is it?

Does it matter as long as there are 50,000 more nurses. 

Trapper John McIntyre
29 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I'm glad the SNP wind you up. Give it a rest! If you're looking for bigots, there are none bigger than a certain Unionist team from the West. Utter moronic behaviour, maybe you're best suited to them as it fits your pathetic outlook. 

I would never associate myself with such vulgarians.

How'd the Party leaders get on, in these polls. Oh Lord Ashcroft , what was his Indy poll results, when Boris was up in The North of North Britannia?

27 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Does it matter as long as there are 50,000 more nurses

" 19,000 current nurses who want to leave but will be encouraged to stay on "
image.png.c2c2cee95ed8421c3ee2a48beb09fbb4.png

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

Couldn't tell you the extent of any outcry, I dont know any myself and I don't consume a lot of right wing media but I've seen it here and on Facebook.

I don't feel particularly well placed to gauge the extent of public opinion TBH, why do you ask?

The screen shot you posted on the previous page suggested high earners are “soiling themselves with rage” at the thought of paying an extra £100 a year or whatever of tax. 

Just wondered if there genuinely is a public outcry with people soiling themselves with rage, or just angry people on FB creating straw man arguments for likes and re-post purposes. 

Either way sounds like neither of us really know if there is any truth behind it. 

I'm still waiting for every high earner in Scotland to leave, as they said they would when the Scottish tax system deviated from the UK-wide one.

:whistling:

In fact, come to think of it, I'm still waiting for the ultra-rich to quit the UK entirely, as they said they would if Labour won in 1997.

:rofl:

Edited by Cade

3 minutes ago, RobboM said:

" 19,000 current nurses who want to leave but will be encouraged to stay on "
image.png.c2c2cee95ed8421c3ee2a48beb09fbb4.png

But party sources later confirmed that the 50,000 figure includes an estimated 18,500 existing nurses who will be encouraged to remain within the NHS or attracted back after leaving by new measures to improve career development opportunities.

So it’s not that cut and clear. The bottom line for NHS England is there will be more nurses. 

3 minutes ago, Cade said:

I'm still waiting for every high earner in Scotland to leave, as they said they would when the Scottish tax system deviated from the UK-wide one.

In fact, come to think of it, I'm still waiting for the ultra-rich to quit the UK entirely, as they said they would if Labour won in 1997.

Your pushing it there calling Blair and Mendelhson Labour.

57 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

The screen shot you posted on the previous page suggested high earners are “soiling themselves with rage” at the thought of paying an extra £100 a year or whatever of tax. 

Just wondered if there genuinely is a public outcry with people soiling themselves with rage, or just angry people on FB creating straw man arguments for likes and re-post purposes. 

Either way sounds like neither of us really know if there is any truth behind it. 

Well we do know, it's happening, it's been on this thread. Is there a lot of it? I don't know.

I posted that picture for the figures from a normally reliable source, I thought that was clear from the context of the thread TBH

1 hour ago, Cade said:

How many of these, presumably  many thousands of, high earners do you know to be so definitive about their intentions?

Brighton Jambo

So scrapping Trident is a red line for Nicola Sturgeon to form a supply and demand relationship with Labour.

understandable position given her lifelong dislike of nuclear weapons.

Interesting to see how labour responds.  10,000 jobs right in labour hearts lands immediately on the table plus the supply chain impacts across the UK.  

Can’t see how he could ever agree to this demand in reality as economic impact, billions in sunk costs lost, NATO impact, job losses, etc.

For the Tory voters on here:

Without reference to other parties and their shortcomings; can you give me a top 3 of significant and positive achievements whilst they have been in government and the 3 most exciting policy pledges in their manifesto that you feel will enhance the country going forward. 

Thanks in advance.

15 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Without reference to other parties and their shortcomings; can you give me a top 3 of significant and positive achievements whilst they have been in government and the 3 most exciting policy pledges in their manifesto that you feel will enhance the country going forward. 

Thanks in advance.

Significant and positive:
1. Crushing Oiks

2. Crushing Oiks

3. Crushing Oiks

Exciting policy:

1. Crushing Oiks

2. Crushing Oiks

3. Crushing Oiks

52 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Similar to what?

That mob from the West that have the anti Scottish, bigoted point of view about unionism 

This election is such a mess that for the first time I have no idea who to vote for. Too much focus on another Scottish referendum up here and about Brexit all over the UK that for about the third election in a row, we just seem to be going on about one issue rather than actually talking about policies. Don't want to vote SNP but in my constituency it's either them or the Tories, who I could never bring myself to even consider voting for. 

Could vote Labour but feel like I'd be wasting my time completely. Sooner its over the better tbh

9 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Significant and positive:
1. Crushing Oiks

2. Crushing Oiks

3. Crushing Oiks

Exciting policy:

1. Crushing Oiks

2. Crushing Oiks

3. Crushing Oiks

😅Consistency of policy I guess.

dobmisterdobster
10 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

This election is such a mess that for the first time I have no idea who to vote for. Too much focus on another Scottish referendum up here and about Brexit all over the UK that for about the third election in a row, we just seem to be going on about one issue rather than actually talking about policies. Don't want to vote SNP but in my constituency it's either them or the Tories, who I could never bring myself to even consider voting for. 

Could vote Labour but feel like I'd be wasting my time completely. Sooner its over the better tbh

Tory to stop a second independence referendum.

Labour is a wasted vote.

Brighton Jambo
24 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Thanks in advance.

1.  Made it law that 0.7% of GDP is given to department of international development for foreign aid

2.  Took the global lead in making a commitment to zero carbon omissions by 2050.  The first major world economy to do so.

3.  Unemployment is at record low levels. 

Manifesto in no order (based on highlights I haven’t read it)

1.  Commitment to get brexit done.  To be clear I am no leaver and voted remain but this uncertainty is crippling the country, we need to move on and I personally think a second referendum on it just exacerbates the disruption and paralysis.  

2.  Childcare offering.  Not just a pledge for more spaces or more money but a new type of offering that helps during school holidays as that’s where most people struggle.  I suspect it’s an English and Welsh only policy but if it works it could be a game changer up here too.  

3  Approach to social care.  Not only promise that no one will need to sell home but commitment to cross party consensus on the topic.  I think his is desperately needed as social care is a ticking time bomb that can’t be a political hot potato, they need to work together to resolve and that’s a mature offering.

50,000 new/retained nurses isn’t bad either.  Could be said if they hadn’t made cuts might not be needed but better to correct a mistake than double down on it.  

Trapper John McIntyre
22 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

That mob from the West that have the anti Scottish, bigoted point of view about unionism 

Celtic FC?

22 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Tory to stop a second independence referendum.

Labour is a wasted vote.

Thats kind of proving my point. I don't want to vote to stop a second referendum, or stop Brexit etc. I want to vote for a party with policies that I and the people around me will benefit from. Nobody really seems to be talking about that however 

1 minute ago, Thommo414 said:

Thats kind of proving my point. I don't want to vote to stop a second referendum, or stop Brexit etc. I want to vote for a party with policies that I and the people around me will benefit from. Nobody really seems to be talking about that however 

Isn't it frustrating? 

42 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

1.  Made it law that 0.7% of GDP is given to department of international development for foreign aid

2.  Took the global lead in making a commitment to zero carbon omissions by 2050.  The first major world economy to do so.

3.  Unemployment is at record low levels. 

Manifesto in no order (based on highlights I haven’t read it)

1.  Commitment to get brexit done.  To be clear I am no leaver and voted remain but this uncertainty is crippling the country, we need to move on and I personally think a second referendum on it just exacerbates the disruption and paralysis.  

2.  Childcare offering.  Not just a pledge for more spaces or more money but a new type of offering that helps during school holidays as that’s where most people struggle.  I suspect it’s an English and Welsh only policy but if it works it could be a game changer up here too.  

3  Approach to social care.  Not only promise that no one will need to sell home but commitment to cross party consensus on the topic.  I think his is desperately needed as social care is a ticking time bomb that can’t be a political hot potato, they need to work together to resolve and that’s a mature offering.

50,000 new/retained nurses isn’t bad either.  Could be said if they hadn’t made cuts might not be needed but better to correct a mistake than double down on it.  

Honestly you believe them..total madness to do so

Lies and false promises abound from all of the parties in this race

All of them seem to treat the electorate as idiots promising billions on all sorts of nonsense without any explanation of how it is to be paid for

The party that admits you can't do everything and to do even some of what they will propose (means no tax cuts and it should mean tax rises) would get my vote

They won't and we are to blame for that as well taking a I'm all right attitude summed up by that audience member on question time having no clue about what the top 5% of earners do earn and telling us all £80,000 means he is not well off and there's no way he is in the top 5%

Just admit you are a tory voter and frankly are kiss... Boris's backside with your post

He is a disgrace, a liar, a cheat, a man who follows the prevailing winds and trying to lecture us about family when he doesn't even stay in touch with his own just beggars belief

Corbyn ?..well words fail me . A man living in the 60's and 70's with total nonsense policy claims backed by  a left wing who try to rule with an iron rod getting rid of anyone who dares question them backed by joke union leaders like McClusky who cannot forget his past..a man who has not done a days work since 1979 being backed by a members turnout of just over 15%..no mandate for me that.

Again the figures do not stack up re spending promises

1 hour ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Celtic FC?

The other half, as you well know. Blinkered bigots. GSTQ, "we are the people" and all the other garbage. Brain dead fools, most of them.