General Election 2019

Shanks said no

jack D and coke

I see the posters who rip the Scottish Government for waiting times etc. England has just announced the worst waiting times since their proper records began 15 years ago. 
Not something to gloat about at all incidentally but just for parity. Here’s a wee video about The NHS and that Tory filth again. 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Justin Z

• dobmisterdobster

• Mikey1874

Dusk_Till_Dawn
37 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I like the way it is. The electorate! 

I just don't get the no referendum mantra. If the union think Scotland will vote no again, what are the scared of. We've had 3 GEs in 4 years. The Indyref was over 5 years ago and things have changed, to an extreme. Time to ask again. Call it a confirmation vote. 

Scotland are you sure you want to remain? Are you Positive? Nip, Nipsies, nae Nipsies back!

I don’t mind if there’s another referendum, provided there’s actually a proper appetite for it -  it just the SNP trying to justify their existence 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
5 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I don’t think for one second Scotland will vote to leave the union in the first place but if we do it will be by a very small margin.  In the exact same way as with brexit the ‘losers’ will not just give up and if once the full ramifications of leaving the Uk are fully understood a confirmatory referendum could easily see people deciding they have changed their mind.   It won’t take many to do so to switch back.

I suppose there will always be someone wanting to rejoin the union. Very few, but some. Especially when the older generation dies off.

Brighton Jambo
10 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I suppose there will always be someone wanting to rejoin the union. Very few, but some. Especially when the older generation dies off.

Straight after the referendum it won’t be very few it will be nearly 50% of people in exactly the same way we have seen with Brexit.  Hard to see how SNP could reject notion of a confirmatory referendum given how hard they have pushed for one for Brexit.  

All irrelevant anyway hopefully there is no real indication a second referendum would lead to a different result.  

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

Straight after the referendum it won’t be very few it will be nearly 50% of people in exactly the same way we have seen with Brexit.  Hard to see how SNP could reject notion of a confirmatory referendum given how hard they have pushed for one for Brexit.  

All irrelevant anyway hopefully there is no real indication a second referendum would lead to a different result.  

Suppose we'll find out when we're independent.

Brighton Jambo
8 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Suppose we'll find out when we're independent.

Don’t hold your breath, no real sign that’s happening anytime soon.  Can’t see why a second referendum would give a different outcome.  

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I don’t mind if there’s another referendum, provided there’s actually a proper appetite for it -  it just the SNP trying to justify their existence 

How many seats would it take? They have a independence majority at Holyrood aswell. So, How'd you gauge the appetite?

Edited by ri Alban

40 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Don’t hold your breath, no real sign that’s happening anytime soon.  Can’t see why a second referendum would give a different outcome.  

Delusional, Brighton. It'll be March 2020.

52 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

There wasn't one, was there? Bring it on, I say. It'll only add numbers to the Yes/Leave vote. :thumb:

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I see the ROASTERS who rip the Scottish Government for waiting times etc. England has just announced the worst waiting times since their proper records began 15 years ago. 
Not something to gloat about at all incidentally but just for parity. Here’s a wee video about The NHS and that Tory filth again. 

FTFY

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I suppose we'll find out after the second referendum is complete.

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Correct way to think. 
If a party campaigns on an issue and gets the necessary seats it’s on. 
That is democracy. 
Not this “you’ve had one now pipe down”. 

Brighton Jambo
53 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Delusional, Brighton. It'll be March 2020.

In all seriousness I can’t see how that can happen.  A new prime minister or Boris needs to be elected with all the formalities then there’s the Christmas parliamentary shut down.  They then need to agree to pass the relevant laws, which they won’t, even Corbyn won’t agree to it that quickly.  Then the commission has to get invoked to set question agree rules etc then a date needs to be agreed that allows for all the relevant logistical preparations.  It seems crazily tight to achieve that between mid December and March with Xmas in the way.  

What is it that makes you so sure about that date,  genuine question! 

3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I see the posters who rip the Scottish Government for waiting times etc. England has just announced the worst waiting times since their proper records began 15 years ago. 

Which shows Scotland does better out of the Union. 

jack D and coke
Just now, SE16 3LN said:

Which shows Scotland does better out of the Union. 

How so? When we get another conservative government we don’t vote for how does that help Scotland? Unless you subscribe to the theory that we’re skint? 

Brighton Jambo
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Which shows the union up for what it is and always has been. The population was about 4 to 1 back then. Now it's 11 to one. Some union.

Oh let me point out, that if the EU ref voting rules had applied to the 2014 ref Scotland would be independent.

A few questions for you if that's ok?

1. Do you agree that EU citizens should have barred from voting in the EUref?

2. Do u think their votes would have won remain the vote?

3. How would you feel if non Scots were barred from Indyref2?

Brighton! feel free to answer. 👍

Don’t have a problem with ‘non scots’ not getting a vote but don’t know how you would classify it.  Does non Scot mean you have to be born here, or does it involve having a Scottish parent or grandparent.  At what point does residency rules apply etc.

No one has a Scottish passport so don’t know how it would work.  

I would guess a number of the British people in Scotland would qualify for a vote (I.e me via parentage) through the rules but barely any of the EU citizens would so that would harm the numbers voting yes.  In last census 10% identified as non Scottish or British and only 8% as other British only so I think we should push for this as it would reduce chance of independence.  

Great shout ri Alban.  

6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

How so? When we get another conservative government we don’t vote for how does that help Scotland? Unless you subscribe to the theory that we’re skint? 

Better health care, tens of thousands retiring by the time they're sixty, thousands owning more than one property, no need to work two jobs, csshing in on RTB. All good stuff.

45 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

In all seriousness I can’t see how that can happen.  A new prime minister or Boris needs to be elected with all the formalities then there’s the Christmas parliamentary shut down.  They then need to agree to pass the relevant laws, which they won’t, even Corbyn won’t agree to it that quickly.  Then the commission has to get invoked to set question agree rules etc then a date needs to be agreed that allows for all the relevant logistical preparations.  It seems crazily tight to achieve that between mid December and March with Xmas in the way.  

What is it that makes you so sure about that date,  genuine question! 

If Boris gains power and says it's a mandate for no deal Brexit. He cannot turn run and dismiss the SNPs mandate if the people of Scotland do the same.

9 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Don’t have a problem with ‘non scots’ not getting a vote but don’t know how you would classify it.  Does non Scot mean you have to be born here, or does it involve having a Scottish parent or grandparent.  At what point does residency rules apply etc.

No one has a Scottish passport so don’t know how it would work.  

I would guess a number of the British people in Scotland would qualify for a vote (I.e me via parentage) through the rules but barely any of the EU citizens would so that would harm the numbers voting yes.  In last census 10% identified as non Scottish or British and only 8% as other British only so I think we should push for this as it would reduce chance of independence.  

Great shout ri Alban.  

The people of Scots birth voted a majority of yes in 2014. But as it should, the electorate voted against. Both results were the same.

jack D and coke
20 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Better health care, tens of thousands retiring by the time they're sixty, thousands owning more than one property, no need to work two jobs, csshing in on RTB. All good stuff.

You’ve lost me bud...

This is a benefit for older ones? Worst pension in the developed world? That benefit? The health service getting worse? That benefit? 
Not every older person has more than one house you know. 
And are you saying none of this would happen if scot...ah right you’ve just said Scotland is skint. 
Cool no worries👍🏼

Fact is our NHS is better In every measurable way than it is in England not because of, but rather despite being in the union (not suggesting the Scot NHS is perfect, far from it). 

Its called, ‘getting on with the day job’. 

This obsession with English Nationalism has really hurt the NHS down South (That’ll be the tories then).

The sooner they concentrate on things that matter to everyday people like the NHS instead of all this English Nationalist dogma the better IMO. 

Edited by Pans Jambo

Brighton Jambo
9 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Fact is our NHS is better In every measurable way than it is in England not because of, but rather despite being in the union (not suggesting the Scot NHS is perfect, far from it). 

This obsession with English Nationalism has really hurt the NHS down South (That’ll be the tories then).

The sooner they concentrate on things that matter to everyday people like the NHS instead of all this English Nationalist dogma the better IMO. 

See in your last paragraph if you substitute the word English for Scottish that’s how all no voters feel about the Scottish government.  

8 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

See in your last paragraph if you substitute the word English for Scottish that’s how all no voters feel about the Scottish government.  

See if you have to explain things....

its called SARCASM. UKOK morons have been spouting that shite about the Scottish NHS for years.

Back at ye Brighton boy!

Brighton Jambo
10 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

See if you have to explain things....

its called SARCASM. UKOK morons have been spouting that shite about the Scottish NHS for years.

Back at ye Brighton boy!

im so confused! 

5 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Imo, I believe there is a clear correlation between GP appointment waiting times and the increased waiting times at A&E departments not just in England but the UK as a whole.

If people can't get a GP's appointment for two or three weeks many will just present themselves to A&E, most with really minor ailments which takes up precious time & resources, but others whose condition has now worsened because they couldn't see a GP sooner & now have to attend A&E for urgent or emergency treatment, when perhaps for example a course of antibiotics would have been enough to keep that person's condition from getting to the stage of needing A&E treatment.

Address the problems with GP's and the A&E problems will be sorted as well, that's just IMO.

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Imo, I believe there is a clear correlation between GP appointment waiting times and the increased waiting times at A&E departments not just in England but the UK as a whole.

If people can't get a GP's appointment for two or three weeks many will just present themselves to A&E, most with really minor ailments which takes up precious time & resources, but others whose condition has now worsened because they couldn't see a GP sooner & now have to attend A&E for urgent or emergency treatment, when perhaps for example a course of antibiotics would have been enough to keep that person's condition from getting to the stage of needing A&E treatment.

Address the problems with GP's and the A&E problems will be sorted as well, that's just IMO.

Yeah seems fair and a pretty common sense approach bud. 

4 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Should do what they did in Canada after the Quebec Referendum and make it 80% pass mark for leaving the Union. 

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Sorry to rain on your parade but have you checked today's Daily Record re the NHS in Scotland. Makes uncomfortable reading 

The Tories are blaming the unprecendented failures in the NHS on demand.   A simple,  glib reference to some kind of exceptional,  unreasonable scale of demand.

People are suffering from abject failure in the NHS.     Not our fault... too many people want to be treated.    Supply is quite sufficient.    Demand should be lower.     Let's add a price variable to the supply/demand curve and everything will be great.      

Overt political corruption happening regarding No10 efforts to buy off opponents with personal gain and position.     Peerages and knighthoods,  etc.     

Troublesome election opponent?    Buy them.     Give them stuff,   paid for by the poor,   so that we can carry on serving the wealthy.

jack D and coke
34 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Should do what they did in Canada after the Quebec Referendum and make it 80% pass mark for leaving the Union. 

:rofl: 

34 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Really??

Source please

32 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Sorry to rain on your parade but have you checked today's Daily Record re the NHS in Scotland. Makes uncomfortable reading 

Daily Record aye :muggy:

Are ye pure spewin' about being left to rot on a hospital trolley for a fortnight?     Don't worry... we'll stop Labour bringing in nurses and doctors and that.    Get Brexit done.

dobmisterdobster
14 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Really??

Source please

There is a law called the Clarity Act where the federal government has to agree on the question and percentage threshold of a future referendum.

There is no way its as high as 80%.

14 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Are ye pure spewin' about being left to rot on a hospital trolley for a fortnight?     Don't worry... we'll stop Labour bringing in nurses and doctors and that.    Get Brexit done.

Perhaps if we control immigration we could plan housing education  and the NHS so that the poorest were not squeezed.

But dont let that stop the screaming nonsense

Now associating rotting on hospital beds with brexit.

High levels pffft

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

You’ve lost me bud...

This is a benefit for older ones? Worst pension in the developed world? That benefit? The health service getting worse? That benefit? 
Not every older person has more than one house you know. 
And are you saying none of this would happen if scot...ah right you’ve just said Scotland is skint. 
Cool no worries👍🏼

Don't know what you're taking about bud. Where you see problems I see ordinary people enjoyng the best quality of life anyboby could ask for. 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, SE16 3LN said:

Don't know what you're taking about bud. Where you see problems I see ordinary people enjoyng the best quality of life anyboby could ask for. 

Cool. 
Not sure what you were getting at either tbh. 

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

The Tories are blaming the unprecendented failures in the NHS on demand.   A simple,  glib reference to some kind of exceptional,  unreasonable scale of demand.

People are suffering from abject failure in the NHS.     Not our fault... too many people want to be treated.    Supply is quite sufficient.    Demand should be lower.     Let's add a price variable to the supply/demand curve and everything will be great.      

It's very straightforward.

10 years of under investment. 

15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The NHS is unrecognisable from even 10 years ago.

You could throw bucket loads of cash at it.

Unfortunately for those who think a vote for Labour will solve this they are wrong.

You cant play at capitalism with a socialist hand.

Still it's funny to watch 

14 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It is,   not that one would expect them to admit it.     Only today,   Johnson seemed to suggest some sort of personal,  proactive response to their problem of over-demand on the NHS.     A "colossal" investment since he became PM.    The unspoken implications being that :

1.    He,   as a new PM,   bears no responsibility for the causes and effects of NHS decline to the date he became PM.

2.    His personal intervention occured so recently that it is too soon to see the benefits of his colossal investment.

The truth is that they only started talking about large investment in the NHS when an election was likely.     Doctors,  NHS trusts and the BMA all called them out about suddenly starting to listen.

There will be no real world large investment under the Tories.    Only talk and manipulated data.      Targets will be abolished as unnecessary and unhelpful.     The only targets being met will be a large reduction in the number of targets not met... because they'll be done away with.

Any working class man who votes for Labour need only refer to the mps as a guide to how much disdain they have for us.

Vote expected but they dont like us.

21 minutes ago, jake said:

The NHS is unrecognisable from even 10 years ago.

You could throw bucket loads of cash at it.

Unfortunately for those who think a vote for Labour will solve this they are wrong.

You cant play at capitalism with a socialist hand.

Still it's funny to watch 

Need someone to interpret that.

It's a basic thing. Of course money can be spent in efficiently. But the NHS is relatively good at the productivity thing due to investment in drugs and treatments. Massively under funded.