General Election 2019

Shanks said no

Just now, frankblack said:

No it is lazy and tedious posting by one maroon poster in particular and spams the thread.

Ah. Welllll, I jumped that one a bit then :thumbsup:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Justin Z

• dobmisterdobster

• Mikey1874

10 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

No offence meant, but can you speak for yourself without relying on the thinking of propaganda? 

There isn't a single one of us unaffected by what we see, read and hear.

Infographics are used heavily by all sides these days.

Just now, Smithee said:

There isn't a single one of us unaffected by what we see, read and hear.

Infographics are used heavily by all sides these days.

It's true though, they do need to be actually discussed and not just left to stand on their own.

But yes, they're extremely useful when used properly.

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

No it is lazy and tedious posting by one maroon poster in particular and spams the thread.

It's an easy way to express agreement and no different to those who regurgitate nasty right wing shite verbatim. 

1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

It's true though, they do need to be actually discussed and not just left to stand on their own.

But yes, they're extremely useful when used properly.

The message is clear and there to be discussed, attacking the delivery method is what's lazy and tedious.

Just now, Smithee said:

The message is clear and there to be discussed, attacking the delivery method is what's lazy and tedious.

To be fair I think it can go either way. If someone does indeed post none of their own thoughts and just endlessly puts images in, that's also lazy and tedious. "Drive by posting" it used to be called on a forum I frequented, when a person posted an image or a link with no discussion and shirked the entire burden of making anything of it.

1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

To be fair I think it can go either way. If someone does indeed post none of their own thoughts and just endlessly puts images in, that's also lazy and tedious. "Drive by posting" it used to be called on a forum I frequented, when a person posted an image or a link with no discussion and shirked the entire burden of making anything of it.

Would it actually be any different if he'd typed it out?

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Would it actually be any different if he'd typed it out?

What I'm saying is, one ought to post one's own thoughts with the images.

Take this for example:

image.png.8a152df859c3a866e789ad4ae277d299.png

Now this would rightly be called propaganda. Pure, unadulterated, filthy, Express propaganda. The other stuff being complained about as "propaganda" may be in the strictest sense, but it is not slanted, biased or any of those other pejoratives to anywhere near the degree of this.

--

Now could all of my thoughts have been truly apprehended if I hadn't shared them underneath the image? Probably not, and burdening the viewer with the responsibility of divining my intent is not cool anyway.

Edited by Justin Z

Just now, Justin Z said:

Take this for example:

Now this would rightly be called propaganda. Pure, unadulterated, filthy, Express propaganda. The other stuff being complained about as "propaganda" may be in the strictest sense, but it is not slanted, biased or any of those other pejoratives to anywhere near the degree of this.

--

Now could all of my thoughts been truly apprehended if I hadn't shared them underneath the image? Probably not, and burdening the viewer with the responsibility of divining my intent is not cool anyway.

That might be your ideal but people can post what they want. There's nothing wrong with what PJ posted,  it was clear, succinct and didnt need expanded on.

If someone who opposes it wants to discuss it, they should go for it. If they just want to attack the means of delivery, it shows how little they have to answer with.

11 hours ago, frankblack said:

Its truly tedious to see threads littered with copy and paste propoganda memes and soundbites from biased sources as some form of gospel.  One of the worst is on the past couple of pages.

Notice you totally ignored the fact you were shown up as lying about any inquiry over the sick kids fiasco. As usual when caught out you just go on to your next SNP bad post

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Never support tories. EVER.

Labour could and should be a moderate left voice of reason but Corbyn has dug his own grave with his wishy washy "will he wont he" approach. Its a real shame. And in any case, Labour in Scotland are just a joke. 

Currently, theres only 1 show in town in Scotland but that should change for the better after Indy IMO.

Anyway, thats got heehaw to do with my lovely picture I posted.

I agree Corbyn isn't popular (subject to him actually getting some proper coverage during election campaign / debates).

But Labour still remains a broad left of centre party. It was under Blair too. We await the manifestos. But most of the policies are broad mainstream mainly focusing on investment and thinking a bit more of the middle to low income groups.

On other policies that are somehow 'controversial' nationalisation for example is a choice. Right wing governments nationalise too. 

Blair took Britain to war. Corbyn opposed that war. Is Corbyn the extremist? Current Labour policy is to support Trident renewal too. 

Edited by Mikey1874

On 11/11/2019 at 11:33, Pans Jambo said:

Theres no accountability in the press. I'm all for freedom of speech and opinion but they just take the piss now.

We are discussing this on here but who else will be? They know they can get away with shite like this.

£10.50/hour is "more ambitions" as its the nasty lizard party but Labour's £10 an hour will "cost millions of Britons their jobs and destroy the efforts to get employment levels to record highs"

Tories and their supporters - Hypocrites.

Again, not enough of these: :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

Take this for example:

--

Now could all of my thoughts have been truly apprehended if I hadn't shared them underneath the image? Probably not, and burdening the viewer with the responsibility of divining my intent is not cool anyway.

You mean like this (I quoted that very thing 2 days ago).

The point here is the tory apologists just dont like being called out and when its all there in front of them then they resort to calling folk "morons"

You couldnt make it up.

Horrible nasty party dont like it up them!

& BTW, folk have been using giffs, links and emoji's for as long as I can remember. Suddenly, theres a problem!

Edited by Pans Jambo

2 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Farage stated on LBC yesterday he would not be refunding any of the candidates who paid £100 to run and who have now had their legs taken out from under them by his decision not to stand candidates against strong Tory constituencies.

Unreal.

Honestly laughed at that! Couldn't have happened to a nicer, more gullible and deserving bunch of halfwits. Brilliant. What a con man, utter charlatan and brazen with it. Bravo 😂

The Mighty Thor

Farage stated on LBC yesterday he would not be refunding any of the candidates who paid £100 to run and who have now had their legs taken out from under them by his decision not to stand candidates against strong Tory constituencies.

And it's not just that money. As one such candidate stated, "I employed a full time campaign coordinator last week on a 2 month contract which has cost me thousands. I also have an outbuilding FULL of Brexit Party leaflets and signs ready for next weeks launch. Nigel owes me over TEN GRAND."

Has there ever been a bigger shyster in the history of British politics?

Said Farage, "Of course [we're] not [going to refund them]. We're a political party set up to deliver a proper Brexit. We have reset the political agenda this year in the most astonishing way." Eddie Mair replied, "Well, it is astonishing, isn't it? Last week, you took their money and, last week, you said they would stand for your party and this week you changed your mind?"

Unreal.

Exactly the same thing Patrick Harvie did by not standing a candidate against Pete wishart apparently.

So I read on here. 

Fuddery. 

Unadulterated fuddery. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Notice you totally ignored the fact you were shown up as lying about any inquiry over the sick kids fiasco. As usual when caught out you just go on to your next SNP bad post

:laugh:

Brighton Jambo
2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Perhaps but she doesnt kill pensioners, homeless ex-servicemen, disabled, sick or the poor so I dont get your point.

This isn’t a route I want to go down but given the very public failings in newly built NHS hospitals in Scotland recently in which children died I would suggest people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.  Nicola sturgeon was Health secretary and now first minister the failings over the new QE hospital and the sick kids not even being opened sit squarely at her door.  

1 hour ago, RobboM said:

Honestly laughed at that! Couldn't have happened to a nicer, more gullible and deserving bunch of halfwits. Brilliant. What a con man, utter charlatan and brazen with it. Bravo 😂

Has he pocketed over 30 grand?

11 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

This isn’t a route I want to go down but given the very public failings in newly built NHS hospitals in Scotland recently in which children died I would suggest people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.  Nicola sturgeon was Health secretary and now first minister the failings over the new QE hospital and the sick kids not even being opened sit squarely at her door.  

They are. Agreed.

If it's "whatabootery" you're fishing for I could suggest over £10Billions spent by Westminster on an NHS software system that eventually got scrapped,  A recent one is in the link below and on it goes & on it goes & on it goes.

Futile point scoring but again I say, over 2000 foodbanks opened up since the tories came to power and theyre killing more folk than theyre even admitting.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/nhs-never-events-patients-wrong-body-part-amputated_uk_5d7f50d5e4b03b5fc88656b6?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAFD06XJrJ6uSec7HJs04yOOvH4jTKPdTeIFgcsfW89mlWlhw5197HGcunkOlbWB9j2BXLvQqm92Aw_BiEnEj3rTaH46sbR8o_ZKH-C97kGAl3dMHOzxeuyF3PRZNIpTsgIr8BBmjZJK8LU6yrRa8oU9qY9xZh6sn-QYU3Qe_k6Jw

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

You mean like this (I quoted that very thing 2 days ago).

The point here is the tory apologists just dont like being called out and when its all there in front of them then they resort to calling folk "morons"

You couldnt make it up.

Horrible nasty party dont like it up them!

& BTW, folk have been using giffs, links and emoji's for as long as I can remember. Suddenly, theres a problem!

Any of my posts just now about putting your thoughts with the images--that definitely wasn't directed at you. You share your thoughts quite freely :lol: :thumbsup:

Just now, Justin Z said:

Any of my posts just now about putting your thoughts with the images--that definitely wasn't directed at you. You share your thoughts quite freely :lol: :thumbsup:

No probs mate.

Boils ma piss that Gifs, and Emojis are now below some folk. They seem to be getting all "uppity" about them unyet theyre the first to post this: :cornette_dog:

It like we are all newspaper editors or something! It's a thread on a feckin football forum :laugh2:

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

That might be your ideal but people can post what they want. There's nothing wrong with what PJ posted,  it was clear, succinct and didnt need expanded on.

If someone who opposes it wants to discuss it, they should go for it. If they just want to attack the means of delivery, it shows how little they have to answer with.

Of course they can. That's a two-way street.

That said you're absolutely right that attacking the means or source, with nothing else to go on, is a pretty good sign that they're lacking in strength of debate material.

28 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Sturgeon hardly oversaw the construction and design of those buildings.

Brighton Jambo
16 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

They are. Agreed.

If it's "whatabootery" you're fishing for I could suggest over £10Billions spent by Westminster on an NHS software system that eventually got scrapped,  A recent one is in the link below and on it goes & on it goes & on it goes.

Futile point scoring but again I say, over 2000 foodbanks opened up since the tories came to power and theyre killing more folk than theyre even admitting.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/nhs-never-events-patients-wrong-body-part-amputated_uk_5d7f50d5e4b03b5fc88656b6?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAFD06XJrJ6uSec7HJs04yOOvH4jTKPdTeIFgcsfW89mlWlhw5197HGcunkOlbWB9j2BXLvQqm92Aw_BiEnEj3rTaH46sbR8o_ZKH-C97kGAl3dMHOzxeuyF3PRZNIpTsgIr8BBmjZJK8LU6yrRa8oU9qY9xZh6sn-QYU3Qe_k6Jw

Futile point scoring as you say but all fair game:

The use of food banks in Scotlandhas hit a record high after soaring by 17 per cent in the past year, according to research published today. Food banksacross the nation distributed 170,625 three-day emergency food packages to people in crisis in the year to April, of which more than 55,000 went to children.24 Apr 2018

Of course this will all be the Westminster governments fault as always.  Even though the setting of income tax rates and many of the benefits that would alleviate this have been devolved to Scottish government.  But that’s right they won’t be ready to take ownership of those benefits until 2024.   

Edited by Brighton Jambo

4 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Of course this will all be the Westminster governments fault as always.  Even though the setting of income tax rates and many of the benefits that would alleviate this have been devolved to Scottish government.  But that’s right they won’t be ready to take ownership of those benefits until 2024.   

Correct. If you devolve a bunch of austerity-laden shit and only give back a fraction of the tax receipts you're paid along with that power, what the **** is the devolved authority meant to do with it?

Brighton Jambo
10 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Correct. If you devolve a bunch of austerity-laden shit and only give back a fraction of the tax receipts you're paid along with that power, what the **** is the devolved authority meant to do with it?

Get your shit together and take ownership of the benefits powers devolved to you so that you can address this imbalance.  But they aren’t capable of that seemingly.  

7 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Get your shit together and take ownership of the benefits powers devolved to you so that you can address this imbalance.  But they aren’t capable of that seemingly.  

Ah okay, so once again it's only the devolved Scottish government that will get pelters from you if the way they choose to handle the crap on a plate they're served doesn't meet with your standards. But Westminster "won't always be like this".

Or maaaaaaybe it's that the Scottish government has done a reasonable job for the past nine years with these jokers pulling the strings, and you need to have a long think about that.

25 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

The use of food banks in Scotlandhas hit a record high after soaring by 17 per cent in the past year, according to research published today. Food banksacross the nation distributed 170,625 three-day emergency food packages to people in crisis in the year to April, of which more than 55,000 went to children.24 Apr 2018

A range of factors. Low wages not keeping up with prices.

But a major factor is benefits including the benefits freeze (which mainly hurts children) and how Universal Credit has been introduced including long waits. 

The Scottish Government has introduced or is introducing various benefits including extra money for children. But its fairly small scale. 

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

They’re a trap imo. You need all the tax levers. See what happened when they did change the tax and it was barely noticeable to most people either yet made to look like people up here are hammered for tax. 
I’ve asked numerous people to tell me how much extra they’re paying and I’ve not had an answer yet. 
It’s like “use the powers available” then it’s “how dare you use those powers and make it different to rUK”

Cant win. 

Brighton Jambo
4 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Ah okay, so once again it's only the devolved Scottish government that will get pelters from you if the way they choose to handle the crap on a plate they're served doesn't meet with your standards. But Westminster "won't always be like this".

Or maaaaaaybe it's that the Scottish government has done a reasonable job for the past nine years with these jokers pulling the strings, and you need to have a long think about that.

Or maybe the Westminster government is due a huge amount of criticism for the past few years and so do the Scottish government.  Maybe not to the same extent but god forbid you ever except some of their failings.  

56 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

300 grand.

How many candidates and how much did he take.

I thought it was  333 X 100 £33 300. No?

14 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

How many candidates and how much did he take.

I thought it was  333 X 100 £33 300. No?

And I thought it was 317 x £100 = £31,700.

We need to be told. Who are these accountants?!

Edit: I stand corrected. Further reading shows that 3,000 individuals applied to be candidates and provided a £100 non-refundable deposit. As Justin, said, that coins in £300,000. Loads a money!

Edited by redjambo

21 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Edit: I stand corrected. Further reading shows that 3,000 individuals applied to be candidates and provided a £100 non-refundable deposit. As Justin, said, that coins in £300,000. Loads a money!

£300,000 you say.

image.jpeg.5f5cdc48ce1786ef18ba979972a31203.jpeg

But it's still your round next.

1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Thats pish.

Social security is not a devolved power its reserved to Westminster and in any case, the Scottish Government spends hundreds of millions per annum mitigating shite imposed on the rest of the UK by the tory government at Westminster.

If ScotGov had full Social security, pension and tax powers including VAT etc I am sure it would be a completely different scenario.

2000 foodbanks lie squarely at the feet of the tory government so you can quit trying to deflect!

Edited by Pans Jambo

57 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Or maybe the Westminster government is due a huge amount of criticism for the past few years and so do the Scottish government.  Maybe not to the same extent but god forbid you ever except some of their failings.  

Off the top of my head: Named Person, minimum alcohol pricing, failing to abolish council tax as promised, and as a lawyer, many parts of the Criminal Justice and Licensing Act (Scotland) 2010. Took me about 45 seconds to bring these to mind.

Not sure I've ever talked about that latter two on here. The first two, the search function is ready and waiting.

9 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Thats pish.

Social security is not a devolved power its reserved to Westminster and in any case, the Scottish Government spends hundreds of millions per annum mitigating shite imposed on the rest of the UK by the tory government at Westminster.

If ScotGov had full Social security, pension and tax powers including VAT etc I am sure it would be a completely different scenario.

2000 foodbanks lie squarely at the feet of the tory government so you can quit trying to deflect!

Yup. Well done criticising those actually responsible.

3 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Who are you blaming for not stopping the tories in England?

maroonlegions
3 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

You really need to take of your blue tinted specs mate.  It's interesting  though ,that people like you ,who flock together ,to either support ,justify ,or protect this governments record over the last ten years are doing so with utter arrogance. 

This government in Westminster  over the last ten years in office has been worse than Thatchers junta.

This government HAVE inflicted unseen misery on millions of poor people, in fact they have not stopped at just the poor, the old, mentally and physically handicapped have been targeted too. It says a lot about a person that  will STILL support a government who have willfully inflicted   such policies on the VULNERABLE and sick. 

Look closer to the Tory millionaire cabinet and who they really serve, for its as plain as day they are not in any way giving a feck about the poor or less well off or the old, their 10 year record says it all mate but you knew that anyway. 

74930986_1026963377641117_1785778089494577152_n.png

Edited by maroonlegions

maroonlegions

Off the top of my head: Named Person, minimum alcohol pricing, failing to abolish council tax as promised, and as a lawyer, many parts of the Criminal Justice and Licensing Act (Scotland) 2010. Took me about 45 seconds to bring these to mind.

Not sure I've ever talked about that latter two on here. The first two, the search function is ready and waiting.

Yup. Well done criticising those actually responsible.

BBC will keep the Tory spin in tact for you,  dont worry , when shiotting it  from  reality of a possible Corbyn government  just turn  over to the BBC news..the gullible Tory voter do.

75380245_150967279608341_5464728499791069184_n.jpg

75262167_2371632216296640_3400170392420089856_n.jpg

Edited by maroonlegions

maroonlegions

How about this for propaganda since some Tories are getting pissed off for not liking memes with facts ,seems to getting  right up them and  also they dont like being called out for STILL backing this utter bunch of selfservatives in power for the last ten fecking years.

Oh and the yellow tories in disguise should also take head that their leader is in BED with the Tories and has been  since she manipulated her way to LIB DEM leader.. One look at her previous history of voting is all one needs to know that she is not what she seems.

74604466_10221594781525995_2392159791595126784_n.jpg

75424786_153410089393597_6358418504399454208_n.jpg

Edited by maroonlegions

3 hours ago, redjambo said:

3 fecking thousand people and he's keeping the monies. I think someone will be knocking his door. :policeman:

Brighton Jambo
48 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

You really need to take of your blue tinted specs mate.  It's interesting  though ,that people like you ,who flock together ,to either support ,justify ,or protect this governments record over the last ten years are doing so with utter arrogance. 

This government in Westminster  over the last ten years in office has been worse than Thatchers junta.

This government HAVE inflicted unseen misery on millions of poor people, in fact they have not stopped at just the poor, the old, mentally and physically handicapped have been targeted too. It says a lot about a person that  will STILL support a government who have willfully inflicted   such policies on the VULNERABLE and sick. 

Look closer to the Tory millionaire cabinet and who they really serve, for its as plain as day they are not in any way giving a feck about the poor or less well off or the old, their 10 year record says it all mate but you knew that anyway. 

74930986_1026963377641117_1785778089494577152_n.png

You need to read my posts and not project your views of conservatives onto me.  I have said numerous times including on here today that I have huge issues with the current conservative government and will not be voting for them in their current form.

what I am absolutely fed up with is the relentless defence of the Scottish government who have failed in nearly every major target and policy initiative they have set themselves.  They have been a shambles.  Yet the standard response is always well they aren’t as bad as the Westminster government (which is fair) but given the points you and others have made is an absurdly low standard.  And yet some people will not hear a word of criticism about them.  

Brighton Jambo

This BBC bias stuff is laughable and the postings of the paranoid.  For months and months leave voters have been screaming that the BBC is biased towards remain and now suddenly they are supporting the conservatives who advocate leaving.

clearly someone is wrong.  

Brighton Jambo
Just now, Smithee said:

The tories and those that voted for them?

You asked me who I blame for not stopping the Tories??  I don’t think the Tories will be the ones to stop the Tories. 

Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

You asked me who I blame for not stopping the Tories??  I don’t think the Tories will be the ones to stop the Tories. 

Yeah it was untidy, but for the sake of clarity my point is that you're pointing the finger at the snp for not mitigating the damage caused by the party you voted for.