Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

Dusk_Till_Dawn
12 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

God, this thread will be delightful when we win the Cup! :laugh:

Zero chance of that happening. @ me when it does.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

18 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Dunno, mate. I have no time for spoofs or childish lampoons.

I'm all about the deadly serious.

Come on, everyone has time for Blazing Saddles.

Edited by ri Alban

rick witter
12 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

:laugh:

We've beaten all of the other teams left in the competition already this season. Was Levein "full-time" on any of those occasions?

Whilst they were all great results they were all at Tynecastle. We should make the final obviously because of weaker opposition but I can’t see how we can beat Celtic or Aberdeen away from Tynecastle. 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Come on, everyone has time for Blazing Saddles.

10 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Whilst they were all great results they were all at Tynecastle. We should make the final obviously because of weaker opposition but I can’t see how we can beat Celtic or Aberdeen away from Tynecastle. 

We could go 6-4-0 and play for penalties 

The next 4 games are crucial as to whether or not he survives to fight another day. He is at the moment stumbling from game to game, trying to find a winning formula, and failing miserably. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 hours ago, rick witter said:

We only have to do it once. That's the thing. Levein could lose every other game this season but if he wins those two he'll be a legend.

A bit like Paulo Sergio in fact whose league season was mediocre as well.

Geoff Kilpatrick
28 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

The next 4 games are crucial as to whether or not he survives to fight another day. He is at the moment stumbling from game to game, trying to find a winning formula, and failing miserably. 

Incorrect. Only one of those games is now crucial, the last of the four. In addition, there is no way the vermin are winning at Tynecastle. Levein won't stand for that.

Edited by Geoff Kilpatrick

17 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Incorrect. Only one of those games is now crucial, the last of the four. In addition, there is no way the vermin are winning at Tynecastle. Levein won't stand for that.

So what do you think the outcome will be if the unthinkable happens and we do lose to Hibs?

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

So what do you think the outcome will be if the unthinkable happens and we do lose to Hibs?

A lot of seethe on here and a lot of hypocrisy when we win the following week. Suddenly all that "eye bleeding" football will be forgotten about in the loyalty point willy waving contest for tickets!

3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

A lot of seethe on here and a lot of hypocrisy when we win the following week. Suddenly all that "eye bleeding" football will be forgotten about in the loyalty point willy waving contest for tickets!

So does that mean you think Levein will still be in a job?

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

We only have to do it once. That's the thing. Levein could lose every other game this season but if he wins those two he'll be a legend.

So would you want Sergio back? 

Does anyone think that if Berra looks for a player to pass to he'd ignore him. He hoofs the ball up the park when no one is in space to receive the ball.

Governor Tarkin
16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I wouldn't.

I prefer to remember him fondly for cleaning Lennon's clock in that semi-final.

Our league form was mediocre and he should have insisted on more goals in the final.

I also see that there is absolutely no update from the club on season ticket sales. Should sales take a big hit in the next 3 or 4 weeks due to disappointing results, will AB's hand be forced to act?

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

I also see that there is absolutely no update from the club on season ticket sales. Should sales take a big hit in the next 3 or 4 weeks due to disappointing results, will AB's hand be forced to act?

I doubt there will be an update until the end of April when the ‘retention’ period ends. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I doubt there will be an update until the end of April when the ‘retention’ period ends. 

I'm sure if sales were going well, there would have been...

28 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Why would she care, she's smart enough to realise who is impacted most by torn pussed arseholes not renewing.

31 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Forced to act in what way - and why?

Jambof3tornado
4 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Why would she care, she's smart enough to realise who is impacted most by torn pussed arseholes not renewing.

Lol,torn pussed arseholes...

On 21/03/2019 at 10:51, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

God, this thread will be delightful when we win the Cup! :laugh:

Better bookmark it for 2030

48 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Superb answer yet again from the number 1 troller on this site. There was a quick update from the club last year on sales. My point was a valid one, nothing but tumbleweed at the moment. 

48 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Forced to act in what way - and why?

Forced to act and get rid of our clueless manager, and his equally clueless assistants?

Just now, innerjambo said:

Forced to act and get rid of our clueless manager, and his equally clueless assistants?

Sorry but I don't know anyone except Hibs supporters who'll not be renewing.

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Why would a Hibs supporter have a season ticket to renew?

Just now, JamboAl said:

I guess we will both know the situation in a few weeks time. The Hobbos are of no interest to me, why would they have anything to do with our sales?

10 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Does anyone think that if Berra looks for a player to pass to he'd ignore him. He hoofs the ball up the park when no one is in space to receive the ball.

The odd time he does pass the ball to a full back it is usually behind the player making him either have to turn back to recieve the ball or make him stop his run making it more difficult to create an attack.

3 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

In fairness to Sergio, he wasn't allowed to sign any of the players he wanted. We'll never really how good (or even bad) Sergio would've been so not really a fair comparison. The only player he was eventually allowed to bring in was Craig Beattie who became a player with one of the shortest contracts at the club with legendary status purely on his goal against Celtic in the semi.

The odd time he does pass the ball to a full back it is usually behind the player making him either have to turn back to recieve the ball or make him stop his run making it more difficult to create an attack.

All very basic stuff really. You would think a professional footballer at this level could grasp something so simple.

All very basic stuff really. You would think a professional footballer at this level could grasp something so simple.

1 minute ago, innerjambo said:

You would be in all honesty his passing game has never been very good which is probably what stopeed him playing at a higher level than he did.

Great defender in the middle of the defense and gives his all but he should not be asked to pass a ball. That's where if we had a really good central mid that wanted the ball from him would  improve us greatly. The options we currently have are just not good enough or brave enough to come and demand the ball.

We would then be less dependant on the long ball.

53 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Superb answer yet again from the number 1 troller on this site. There was a quick update from the club last year on sales. My point was a valid one, nothing but tumbleweed at the moment. 

Pathetic but equally amusing from someone who has trolled every thread on here for weeks. As for the abomination that this thread has become, change your name to rash.

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

You would be in all honesty his passing game has never been very good which is probably what stopeed him playing at a higher level than he did.

Great defender in the middle of the defense and gives his all but he should not be asked to pass a ball. That's where if we had a really good central mid that wanted the ball from him would  improve us greatly. The options we currently have are just not good enough or brave enough to come and demand the ball.

The players we have, have been hand picked by the manager to play a certain style of football, and a style that is very outdated. It's also one of the reasons why we are making little or no progress.

2 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

The players we have, have been hand picked by the manager to play a certain style of football, and a style that is very outdated. It's also one of the reasons why we are making little or no progress.

I know. Levein is just like Theresa May doesn't have a plan B.

5 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Pathetic but equally amusing from someone who has trolled every thread on here for weeks. As for the abomination that this thread has become, change your name to rash.

So, after all the drama and insults, no update on season ticket sales then?

3 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

So, after all the drama and insults, no update on season ticket sales then?

Got mine, not particularly interested in anybody else if I'm honest.

Geoff the Mince
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Always knew you were Hibs .

1 hour ago, innerjambo said:

I guess we will both know the situation in a few weeks time. The Hobbos are of no interest to me, why would they have anything to do with our sales?

Quite frankly I could not give a sh*t about ST sales in a few weeks time - that's for malcontents and Hibs infiltrators on here to worry about.

I shall renew irrespective of who is the manager as I support the club through thick and thin, not like fair-weather supporters and continual obsessive moaners.

Governor Tarkin
7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I shall renew irrespective of who is the manager as I support the club through thick and thin, not like fair-weather supporters and continual obsessive moaners.

:wub:

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I wouldn't.

I prefer to remember him fondly for cleaning Lennon's clock in that semi-final.

Our league form was mediocre and he should have insisted on more goals in the final.

There were good reasons for the poor league form.

I agree about the final, I was screaming for 8 as soon as Grainger scored the penalty. I would put the blame on the PHM like Black and Locke who know about 7 nil and should’ve pushed us on, all Black had to do was pass it to Rudi a bit more.

I was only asking to see if he is a Levein fan that thinks he should carry on next season if we win the cup and the league form is poor until May, but wouldn’t want Sergio back. 

15 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Quite frankly I could not give a sh*t about ST sales in a few weeks time - that's for malcontents and Hibs infiltrators on here to worry about.

Malcontents and continual obsessive moaners V Levein's content Happy Clappers...........

:kirklol:

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

He doesn’t really look at the midfield to take it off him, Djoum shows for him but eventually gives up (Lee/Haring/Bozanic don’t). Teams let him have the ball in the same way they used to let Neilson have it. Nobody on the bench ever shouts at him to play it short or moans when he aimlessly hoods it.

Edited by Pasquale for King

davemclaren
3 hours ago, jambonian said:

In fairness to Sergio, he wasn't allowed to sign any of the players he wanted. We'll never really how good (or even bad) Sergio would've been so not really a fair comparison. The only player he was eventually allowed to bring in was Craig Beattie who became a player with one of the shortest contracts at the club with legendary status purely on his goal against Celtic in the semi.

He did have Rudi though. 

2 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Malcontents and continual obsessive moaners V Levein's content Happy Clappers...........

:kirklol:

Not a happy clapper mate but I don't pee my breeks whenever we go through a bad spell.  If I did, I would have given up supporting Hearts many moons ago.

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 hours ago, wavydavy said:

So does that mean you think Levein will still be in a job?

I thought that was obvious. The only game that could cost him his job before the end of the season is Inverness.

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I'd take him back.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic