Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

132goals1958
14 hours ago, jambocub said:

You think the ones that suggest stopping pledges don't pledge? 

What would give you that idea?

You don’t have to be too perceptive to suss out that some who are suggesting stopping their pledge are at it.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

3fingersreid

Tipping point in the backing/sacking/move him back upstairs situation has been reached for me  , it’s never healthy for the club when the majority of the support * don’t back the manager/head coach . 

I was in the backing camp but the players clearly don’t respond to him ,so now I’d  like to see him move back upstairs and let someone else try ( and with no interference) . 

* I don’t have figures it’s just what I read and hear that brings me to this conclusion 

hibsarepants

I would be very surprised if Levein doesn't at the end of the season agree with the Board that he should come out of front line management. Not just for football / club reasons but quite frankly his personal health. I have no problems with him going back to DoF but not to be replaced with any of the current back room team. New (modern) invigorated manager required but not one learning his trade - we tried Cathro didn't work. 

38 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

You don’t have to be too perceptive to suss out that some who are suggesting stopping their pledge are at it.

That's not what I asked . Fans are not happy right now the way the team is performing if you think that won't lead to a drop in foh contribution your of your rocker 

132goals1958
2 minutes ago, jambocub said:

That's not what I asked . Fans are not happy right now the way the team is performing if you think that won't lead to a drop in foh contribution your of your rocker 

Keep trying.

HeartofHartley
1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

Spoken like a true hibby or at the very least a spectacularly immature, ungrateful dick.

She is working for **** all and has turned this club around with assured stewardship. There's also pretty good evidence she has already put additional money into the club. A small interest charge on normal terms is **** all. 

Less name calling and me and you wont have an issue. 

A multi millionaire who expects interest back on her loan to the club she apparently loves isn't exactly showing her to be the best. 

If I had her money and hearts needed it I've give them it and not expect a penny back let alone actually making money. 

Now before this gets ugly I suggest you dont reply with any more name calling like a petulant little girl.

Alex Kintner
4 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

Less name calling and me and you wont have an issue. 

A multi millionaire who expects interest back on her loan to the club she apparently loves isn't exactly showing her to be the best. 

If I had her money and hearts needed it I've give them it and not expect a penny back let alone actually making money. 

Now before this gets ugly I suggest you dont reply with any more name calling like a petulant little girl.

7727984fa559878cdcee29c1a8d111d5.jpg

Hampden Demolition

I’m not having a pop at Ann as I fully appreciate what she has done for us and I sincerely hope she stays on after 2020. Does her close relationship with CL cause a bigger issue however? It’s okay for a person in a senior position to get on with their direct reports but im concerned that the bond they both seem to have is preventing her from taking action. I don’t think there is any doubt that if someone else had been in charge that had the same record this season as CL, they would be out by the end of February.

Hampden Demolition
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Oh great, another Levein Out thread.  Just what the front page of this forum really needs.

:cornette:

Nobody forced you to read it. 

No she doesn't, she would rather see us in the bottom six, or even in a relegation battle than sack Levein.

Hampden Demolition
6 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

No she doesn't, she would rather see us in the bottom six, or even in a relegation battle than sack Levein.

I have a feeling he will he invited back upstairs if/once he goes. For what it’s worth, I wouldn’t be against that but get rid of John Murray, bring in a new chief scout and have Levein control the academy, nothing more.

Ok I like many others on here am not to happy with the football being dished up by the Hearts team over the last three  months or more. I , like many others, think that CL and his backroom team have a lot to do with what is being dished up. What I find difficult is that the solution is giving him the heave now. We are at a critical point in the season and we would have to replace him with a manager who is capable of getting instant results. I honestly think that that is a tall order, not impossible but it would be difficult. The other thing I find a bit perplexing is ... who do we get in to get the job done... who is available that we can offer a meaningful contract to so we do not find ourselves in the same position twenty months down the line ? Firing people can be the easiest thing in the world getting a successful manager in to do the job is the difficult part. On the basis of all that I think we should wait until thew season is over and then take stock... but CL should know himself if he needs to make way for someone new. I would be absolutely against anybody from the backroom taking the job, the manager of Hearts should be someone with some previous history at a decent sized club . In many ways our whole situation is related to hiring someone with no experience of management when Robbie left.

2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

One thing that would unite this forum would be if Mr Levein walked away. 

?

Famous 1874

Has blatantly lost the dressing room. Players aren’t playing for him and haven’t been for sometime.No coming back from that. Get rid.

46 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Ok I like many others on here am not to happy with the football being dished up by the Hearts team over the last three  months or more. I , like many others, think that CL and his backroom team have a lot to do with what is being dished up. What I find difficult is that the solution is giving him the heave now. We are at a critical point in the season and we would have to replace him with a manager who is capable of getting instant results. I honestly think that that is a tall order, not impossible but it would be difficult. The other thing I find a bit perplexing is ... who do we get in to get the job done... who is available that we can offer a meaningful contract to so we do not find ourselves in the same position twenty months down the line ? Firing people can be the easiest thing in the world getting a successful manager in to do the job is the difficult part. On the basis of all that I think we should wait until thew season is over and then take stock... but CL should know himself if he needs to make way for someone new. I would be absolutely against anybody from the backroom taking the job, the manager of Hearts should be someone with some previous history at a decent sized club . In many ways our whole situation is related to hiring someone with no experience of management when Robbie left.

14 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

?

2 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Has blatantly lost the dressing room. Players aren’t playing for him and haven’t been for sometime.No coming back from that. Get rid.

From what he says it sounds as if he is not with the players all that much to lose them, two days a week is all  he works with them unless we have midweel fixtures.

He may well be at Riccarton but as far as I am aware the day to day training is down to McPhee, Daly and Fox. CL appears to have a look and then discuss tactics which shouldn't take too long as it's the same old hoof it up to Uche most games.

It's a difficult time of the season to change but the way we are going it would be good to get the ball rolling and try to find his replacement so he could bring in the new players we need rather than CL.

51 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

I have a feeling he will he invited back upstairs if/once he goes. For what it’s worth, I wouldn’t be against that but get rid of John Murray, bring in a new chief scout and have Levein control the academy, nothing more.

I’d like a manager of quality who has bags of experience and is still hungry for success.

Managers are out there in work and out of work it’s just a matter of employing the right 

person. If clubs like Aberdeen, Hibs, Kilmarnock, Motherwell plus many managers who 

have managed in the English leagues can be a success what is stopping our club getting

the management in. 

Even his post match comments are starting to worry me. Talking about banana skins after Partick first tie and congratulating Hamilton yesterday. Should be angry at his players and angry at those performances. 

4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

If clubs like Aberdeen, Hibs, Kilmarnock, Motherwell plus many managers who 

have managed in the English leagues can be a success what is stopping our club getting

the management in. 

How are they any more successful than Hearts?

10 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

From what he says it sounds as if he is not with the players all that much to lose them, two days a week is all  he works with them unless we have midweel fixtures.

He may well be at Riccarton but as far as I am aware the day to day training is down to McPhee, Daly and Fox. CL appears to have a look and then discuss tactics which shouldn't take too long as it's the same old hoof it up to Uche most games.

It's a difficult time of the season to change but the way we are going it would be good to get the ball rolling and try to find his replacement so he could bring in the new players we need rather than CL.

Levein is a part-time manager as he said about 6 weeks ago in an interview. He leaves most 

of the work to his so called Bootroom who he wants to leave in total charge when he moves 

on, wherever that may be to. Is this really good enough for a team of Hearts stature? Our fans 

are being short changed by what goes on with our team. Ann Budge and her board need to 

start listening to our fans not yes people who don’t want to rock the boat.

3 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Just having a quick gander after last visiting yesterday morning.

It's hilarious some folk actually spent their Saturday evenings still arguing the same points as months ago, repeating themselves over and over...

Saturday night

Spending it arguing on KB. 

:rofl:

Mon lads, eh... Go get your hole, (ladies too) go see friends, have a pint, maybe a wee dance but FFS give yourselves a break.

It's a pretty poor show when an adult openly encourages under 12's to indulge in sex and the consumption of alcohol. What's wrong with cannabis?

Levein can be held responsible for a lot. Useless players brought in, negative tactics at times and weird selections. Having said all of that the players have let the club down. Regardless of Levein they should perform to a higher level. Where apart from Naismith is their any evidence of fight on the park. Berra as captain never seems to give the kick up the arse that is needed. Maybe his own form at the moment makes that difficult.

In any event Levein ain't going to be sacked, he would need to step down.

15 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I’d like a manager of quality who has bags of experience and is still hungry for success.

Managers are out there in work and out of work it’s just a matter of employing the right 

person. If clubs like Aberdeen, Hibs, Kilmarnock, Motherwell plus many managers who 

the management in. 

Motherwell and Hibs are below us in the league.

However I take your point .

I would hope arrangements are already in place for a seamless handover to a new manager as I believe CL will retire from management at the end of the season.

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, JohnB said:

It's a pretty poor show when an adult openly encourages under 12's to indulge in sex and the consumption of alcohol. What's wrong with cannabis?

:rofl:

Since taking 25 points in our opening 10 league games, we have managed just 22 more in the following TWENTY matches. Awful.

One more window, said Levein .

He’s  had more windows than CR Smith , got more coaches than Parks  of Hamilton . Couldn’t motivate a goldfish to open its mouth . 

Budge has said repeatedly the day Levein leaves is the day she leaves .... the mind boggles . 

David McCaig
25 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Levein is a part-time manager as he said about 6 weeks ago in an interview. He leaves most 

of the work to his so called Bootroom who he wants to leave in total charge when he moves 

on, wherever that may be to. Is this really good enough for a team of Hearts stature? Our fans 

are being short changed by what goes on with our team. Ann Budge and her board need to 

start listening to our fans not yes people who don’t want to rock the boat.

The crux of this is that the only input he has is tinkering with the team, which is why he is completely incapable of picking the same side two weeks running.

JamboGraham
8 minutes ago, Meadows said:

Budge has said repeatedly the day Levein leaves is the day she leaves .... the mind boggles . 

When did she say that?

21 minutes ago, Mort said:

Since taking 25 points in our opening 10 league games, we have managed just 22 more in the following TWENTY matches. Awful.

Extrapolated over a whole season, that would put us around 9th in the league.  Surely that can't be acceptable to anyone.

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Nobody forced you to read it. 

Exactly.

Looks like the Happy Clappers are feeling the pressure.

12 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

When did she say that?

She has said it several times I’ve heard personally . Different dinners / nights at Tynecastle. 

JamboGraham
4 minutes ago, Meadows said:

She has said it several times I’ve heard personally . Different dinners / nights at Tynecastle. 

Did she apply any context? I.e. will she resign her position at the club if Craig Levein chooses to leave? 

7 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Did she apply any context? I.e. will she resign her position at the club if Craig Levein chooses to leave? 

No... it was more of a ringing endorsement of how much faith she has in Levein . She wouldn’t have got involved if it wasn’t for CL . 

North Berwick Jambo

I have been one of Levein’s biggest supporters but it’s obviously not working out. For me it is simple now, if he wants to be in charge next season the only way he can  achieve that & redeem himself is to win the Scottish Cup! 

JamboGraham
7 minutes ago, Meadows said:

No... it was more of a ringing endorsement of how much faith she has in Levein . She wouldn’t have got involved if it wasn’t for CL . 

Ok, that sounds similar to many comments she has made about Levein. Did she actually say “the day Levein leaves is the day I leave” or did you just interpret her comments to mean that?

2 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Ok, that sounds similar to many comments she has made about Levein. Did she actually say “the day Levein leaves is the day I leave” or did you just interpret her comments to mean that?

Exact words, no paraphrase from me ?

1 hour ago, Cynic said:

Levein can be held responsible for a lot. Useless players brought in, negative tactics at times and weird selections. Having said all of that the players have let the club down. Regardless of Levein they should perform to a higher level. Where apart from Naismith is their any evidence of fight on the park. Berra as captain never seems to give the kick up the arse that is needed. Maybe his own form at the moment makes that difficult.

Have you ever thought that the players are playing to instructions. I watched the rugby yesterday in preference to going to Hamiltom (seemed like a good choice) and I was amazed at the turnaround in Scotland's play and it seems after reading today's match reports that Finn Russell had an argument about tactics with Townsend at the half time break.

So there was an example of players playing to the Coaches instructions and going in at the break 31 - 0 down. The end result was 38 -38 mainly due to that argument and a change of tactic resulting in a huge resurgence in the Scots style of play.

I believe that we have a decent squad of players at Hearts and they are showing by the way they are playing that they don't like or agree with the way he wants them to play. Short of coming out and saying we don't like him as our Coach what else can they do.

One of his comments after yesterday's game was  he is at a loss to understand the players performance. I think a large number of the fans know where the problem lies and it is not with the players.

CL is the master of excuses so if he were to go I think we all know that it would be put down to his health situation.

1 hour ago, Cynic said:

It's a fair point. Naismith, Souttar and Michael Smith manage to be very consistent. Haring, pre-op as well. Perhaps they have the luxury of rarely being dropped but then, you could flip that round and say Levein keeps his trust in them because of that consistency.

It's the negative approach that gets me. We beat hibs at Easter Road, fairly and deservedly so. Why did that result not give the players a big confidence boost and the appetite/belief they could beat anyone?

It must be coached into them, this safety first, timid approach. And then the tinkering with the starting 11 then just erodes confidence in individuals who might have played ok and yet get dropped, sometimes out of the squad completely. 

1 hour ago, Mort said:

Just been having a wee count up of our points total so far this season and it is pretty scary.

25 points from first ten games (W8 D1 L1) then the LCSF at Murrayfield.

After that we gained 11 points from the next 10 games up to the winter break.  Which is regarded as the worst point in the injury crisis.

Since then we have collected 11 points from 9 games with a team that has most of the injured players back.  We were sitting on 43 points on 6th Feb.  We have gained a mighty 4 points since then.

The whole academy production line of talent has seem to have stopped.  The whole idea was that all the teams from u-12 upwards played the same way.  Therefore when somebody in the first team got injured or lost form, there was somebody ready to slot into their place and knew how to play in that position.

I think we should continue as we are until the end of the season (unless we lose to ICT).  At the end of the season there should be an objective review of the whole footballing side of the club.  This should include academy performance & scouting performance as well as a first team performance review.  Something isn't working right.

Since my dad took me to sit on the Wheatfield benches in 1983,  Hearts' seasons have almost followed a 2 year cycle of good season (eg 1985/86; 1997/98) followed by bad or "meh" season (1986/87; 1997/98).  It usually goes good season - qualify for Europe - good players get snaffled away - bad season - search for hidden gems/youth players emerge - good season - qualify for Europe and repeat.  I don't expect Hearts to be 3rd every season but I do expect a "good" season every 2-3 years.  This is the third "meh" season in a row at a point where our income is greater than it ever has been and is increasing every year.

11 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Is he away yet? 

Press conference booked for 9am tomorrow Gorgie Suite.

J.T.F.Robertson
8 minutes ago, Ibiza Jambo said:

I have been one of Levein’s biggest supporters but it’s obviously not working out. For me it is simple now, if he wants to be in charge next season the only way he can  achieve that & redeem himself is to win the Scottish Cup! 

In that highly unlikely event, what then? It still wouldn't vindicate the mess he's made of the past few years.

I've never been an anti-Levein guy but have finally given up any hope of progression while he remains in charge. 

I doubt anything will change though.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Press conference booked for 9am tomorrow Gorgie Suite.

Saying he has justed signed a 3 year deal.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic