Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

3 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Aye, cos I’m the one who gave the quote right enough.

It will be merged into the Levein Out thread like the 7 or 8 others on the front page, so if your post appeared elsewhere its going to appear about 5 times in a couple of pages.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

3 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Were also 180 mins away from another shite season despite having the luckiest draws in history. 

It's already been a decent season. I've enjoyed it. I think I'll enjoy the rest of it as well.

22 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Yes, reaching 2 Semi finals is a decent return, that was the aim at the start of the season. The 3rd aim was European Football next season, we're 2 games away from that and if Celtic go through then I believe we qualify for the Europa League no matter the result. 

All boxes ticked.

An opinion dressed up as fact.  

Walter Bishop
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You clearly are not happy to sit back and accept "mediocrity" as you create a post on here after every game to get the manager sacked going as far back as at least 2008.

Your grasp on reality seems thin at best.

Do i yeah? 

Ok good one, you got me. 

Just now, Artful Dodger said:

It's already been a decent season. I've enjoyed it. I think I'll enjoy the rest of it as well.

Good for you. 

siegementality
2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Of course not.  But that matters not much. ?

Well it does actually. I’m sure that to some degree the ‘benefactors’ are fans of the club, or at least want to see the club be successful in a footballing sense. If I was handing a decent amount of money over to a football club I’d expect to see some footballing success. If I was handing money over merely for charitable reasons there are far better organisations to give it to than Hearts.

1 minute ago, Walter Bishop said:

Come on, that is the benchmark? What about the performances week in week out? Would take a 2nd place and a team performing well over 2 semi finals all day long. 

Look at the struggle we had in the easiest cup run for years, debatable whether or not we deserved to beat the team at bottom of the championship! 

Things are far from perfect, but we have seen an improvement.  We have a long way to go, but I still have faith that CL can achieve further progress next year. 

4 minutes ago, kila said:

????

Yes, like Levein, you are blaming the players. Not the coaches, tactics, manager etc. 

The new stand is really not eating into our budget to the point we struggle to beat ****ing second tier Partick Thistle at home in the big cup.

That is clearly bollocks.  The stand is still not paid off and finished, and we also had a new £1m hybrid pitch to pay for.  Just as well our budget must be comparable to Man City's according to you.

siegementality
1 minute ago, Artful Dodger said:

And with that post you blew it. You’ve had your money’s worth though so fair play.

NaturalOrder74

He’s got till the end of the season I don’t think any result could change that, we’ve just got to either suffer it or hope he can someone spark something special like he did at the start of the season 

Just now, McCrae said:

I disagree. I think it has impacted on the quality of player we could sign.

Levein’s choice to sign Mulraney and send MacDonald out on loan. Also his choice to sit Cochrane on the naughty step. Also his choice to play players out of position for no apparent reason.

Levein has pissed huge amounts of money away on players. New stand hardly impacted who he wants. Come on, we have FoH throwing money as well as benefactors at the stand.

You need to wake up if you are giving Levein more time to **** it up even more because of the new stand!

siegementality
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

It will be merged into the Levein Out thread like the 7 or 8 others on the front page, so if your post appeared elsewhere its going to appear about 5 times in a couple of pages.

Good. It’ll highlight how fecking clueless Levein is.

indianajones
5 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

One point from that lot I’d imagine

Wouldnt surprise me if its 0.

I just cant bare to think of losing THAT game at Tynecastle. 

What an utter shite sorry state of affairs we are in. Its easily fixed as well. 

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

That is clearly bollocks.  The stand is still not paid off and finished, and we also had a new £1m hybrid pitch to pay for.  Just as well our budget must be comparable to Man City's according to you.

Indeed it is. We DID struggle past PTFC and if you can't see that then you are just trolling.  Your Man City analogy is pure deflection from the shyte being served up, week in, week out. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Eh, I’m comparing our budget to the wee teams we consistently struggle to compete against.

The new stand is not finished because money is being put into the squad! 

Walter Bishop
3 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Things are far from perfect, but we have seen an improvement.  We have a long way to go, but I still have faith that CL can achieve further progress next year. 

God help us. Season tickets are on the decline as it, if Levein remains in charge they will decrease again.

Ticket sales for the semi will be telling, we wont sell anywhere near what we did for league cup semi, even though it is a much more winnable game. 

GorgieRules22

We’re not wanting a witch hunt here as the guy clearly loves the club but even he must know that it’s just not working and we need fresh ideas.

2 minutes ago, kila said:

Eh, I’m comparing our budget to the wee teams we consistently struggle to compete against.

Spot on

45 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Hearts manager Craig Levein: After the last couple of games I was hopeful we were back on track but we were lacking today in focus and aggression and I don't know why."

Just let that sink in.

I believe Craig 

Remarkable just how many of those who think Levein "needs to go NOW!!!111" find consolation in coming on here to post that he'll "never be sacked".

7 minutes ago, kila said:

I genuinely hope you are right. But if you are then it's quite depressing to think the current team could be even worse than it is.  Frankly if CL is going to be in charge next season then I hope all the available cash goes into paying off the stand because the last two seasons have been grim. 

10 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

God help us. Season tickets are on the decline as it, if Levein remains in charge they will decrease again.

Ticket sales for the semi will be telling, we wont sell anywhere near what we did for league cup semi, even though it is a much more winnable game. 

You don’t know what season tickets sales are like...you got it horribly wrong last year ...remember. 

Your predicitions suck .

2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I genuinely hope you are right. But if you are then it's quite depressing to think the current team could be even worse than it is.  Frankly if CL is going to be in charge next season then I hope all the available cash goes into paying off the stand because the last two seasons have been grim. 

at this moment I wouldn’t trust Levein and co to water my plants never mind give them a wad of cash to spend

16 minutes ago, kila said:

No. It’s because our Directors have decided to spend more than was originally budgeted.

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

at this moment I wouldn’t trust Levein and co to water my plants never mind give them a wad of cash to spend

Nor would I. His time/their time  is up. 

I know why. He sets up not to get beat no matter who we are playing. The end result is losses to every one of the bottom 3 and struggle to beat the team bottom of the league below us. We are a mid table team now for as long as the guy who doesn't know is in charge 

Inch Hearts
22 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Wouldnt surprise me if its 0.

I just cant bare to think of losing THAT game at Tynecastle. 

What an utter shite sorry state of affairs we are in. Its easily fixed as well. 

Pumped first two games.  Win the derby and the semi and everything will be all good again. 

Its a kind of predictable prediction in a way. 

Edited by Inch Hearts

Inch Hearts
5 minutes ago, McCrae said:

You don’t know what season tickets sales are like...you got it horribly wrong last year ...remember. 

Your predicitions suck .

What was your prediction for the match today?  Mines was a loss and got called a bed wetter.  Funny that eh? 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, John Gentleman said:

"I've got to credit Hamilton - they made things difficult for us. After the last couple of games I was hopeful we were back on track but we were lacking today in focus and aggression and I don't know why."

Didn't he say much the same thing last season or is age catching up with me?

I thought you were going to ask if that’s the kind of thing Cathro would’ve said, like it’s a shock that they would make it difficult for us. He says the same kind of thing after every poor result, that’s why you think heard it before . . . . you have.

15 minutes ago, kila said:

Yes, and we had to replace pretty much our first team and half our youth setup after Cathro wrecked them.  We haven't been able to source any decent wide players in January sadly, but perhaps the full back we signed this week will help once fit.

The more immediate problem seems to be the first team coaches who can't coach any wide players to cross a ball or beat a player.  They are supposed to prepare the players for the match and I think we need to look at their performance, and I think that is the first thing that is apparent from Levein's post-match interview.

2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

What was your prediction for the match today?  Mines was a loss and got called a bed wetter.  Funny that eh? 

What was your predictions for the Dundee and Partick games in the past week?

Inch Hearts

What was your predictions for the Dundee and Partick games in the past week?

1-0 win scrap at Dundee

1-1 win in extra time midweek.

feel free to go and have a look ?

Inch Hearts
4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Yes, and we had to replace pretty much our first team and half our youth setup after Cathro wrecked them.  We haven't been able to source any decent wide players in January sadly, but perhaps the full back we signed this week will help once fit.

The more immediate problem seems to be the first team coaches who can't coach any wide players to cross a ball or beat a player.  They are supposed to prepare the players for the match and I think we need to look at their performance, and I think that is the first thing that is apparent from Levein's post-match interview.

Blame Cathro ????

Pasquale for King
47 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I go to games every week. Don’t think any evidence that a majority want him to go. 

Would the booing today at HT&FT not indicate this. Have a look at this thread, there’s names I’ve not seen before coming out showing their disgust. Have a quick look at the clubs social media on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram and see even more complaints. Most of the Hearts fans I know want him to go, it’s quire a big number when I think about it. The tide has turned on him and it’s only a matter of time. 

Walter Bishop
14 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Your predicitions suck .

First to admit i was shocked we sold as many as we did. However it was less than year before and if nothing changes will be the same again. There is no attraction whatsoever to go and watch what is being served up right now.  

4 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Blame Cathro ????

:cornette_dog:

You think we had a decent squad last season after Cathro was sacked?

Pasquale for King
44 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Aberdeen, Rangers and Hibs.

3pts from 9 and he'll still be in a job*.

Based on the fact we very rarely ever lose to Hibs at Tynecastle. 

Usually draws though, three wins since Admin?

1 minute ago, Walter Bishop said:

First to admit i was shocked we sold as many as we did. However it was less than year before and if nothing changes will be the same again. There is no attraction whatsoever to go and watch what is being served up right now.  

It was a few hundred down, which is therefore negligible.

Walter Bishop
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Would the booing today at HT&FT not indicate this. Have a look at this thread, there’s names I’ve not seen before coming out showing their disgust. Have a quick look at the clubs social media on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram and see even more complaints. Most of the Hearts fans I know want him to go, it’s quire a big number when I think about it. The tide has turned on him and it’s only a matter of time. 

Correct, You can now almost count on one hand the posters on here that are still backing Levein.

And Personally i think from 2 or 3 of them its purely attention seeking/trolling call it what you want. 

Walter Bishop

Still less, no?

Pasquale for King
35 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

As they were the last time he was manager, coincidence surely ??‍♂️?

Just now, Walter Bishop said:

Still less, no?

Statistically negligible.

You need to compare 3 or 4 season sales to show a trend.

A few hundred could be accounted for in terms of factors like price rises.

4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

The perceived lack of season tickets is the only comfort blanket the doomongers can cling onto, last season's boot in the baws has silenced a good few, there's a few still hanging around but this season's sales will just about eradicate that pathetic argument.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

As they were the last time he was manager, coincidence surely ??‍♂️?

You got the figures to show the season ticket sales from before his first spell through to after Robertson's time?

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

:cornette_dog:

You think we had a decent squad last season after Cathro was sacked?

17 minutes ago, frankblack said:

How did Cathro wreck half our youth set up in 6 months of the job?

Levein has signed nearly 30 players since Cathro left whilst being left with Berra/Souttar/Djoum/Smith? We are still awful to watch and around the same place in the league.

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yep definitely a sea change it’s obvious. The atmosphere  in the stand today was not good. We’re we sat there was folk arguing with each other over Vanacek for instance.

hes losing the fans slowly but surely. Legend or not when that seed is sown it usually gathers momentum as we know and there’s no way back.

last thing anyone wants is for a Hearts great to get abuse and hounded out. He doesn’t deserve that so I do hope he gets us to the final etc obviously but then does the right thing. Love the guy but it’s not working

3 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

The perceived lack of season tickets is the only comfort blanket the doomongers can cling onto, last season's boot in the baws has silenced a good few, there's a few still hanging around but this season's sales will just about eradicate that pathetic argument.

Well that's bollocks. How many points from the last 20 games ? 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

Yep definitely a sea change it’s obvious. The atmosphere  in the stand today was not good. We’re we sat there was folk arguing with each other over Vanacek for instance.

hes losing the fans slowly but surely. Legend or not when that seed is sown it usually gathers momentum as we know and there’s no way back.

last thing anyone wants is for a Hearts great to get abuse and hounded out. He doesn’t deserve that so I do hope he gets us to the final etc obviously but then does the right thing. Love the guy but it’s not working

As someone said we are more likely to get to and win a final under a new manager. He will get to the summer I think unless we lose to ICT/Hibs and drop our top 6.

J.T.F.Robertson

I only hope it's down to his cluelessness and not the added factor that he's signed a team of dross. The first one is solvable,  (in theory, anyhow) combine it with the second and it's back to square one, or worse.

Edited by J.T.F.Robertson

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You got the figures to show the season ticket sales from before his first spell through to after Robertson's time?

They were put up on here last year, it’s a fact deal with it and move on.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic