Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, Artful Dodger said:

I doubt any club in country would sack a manager heading into a Semi Final of the cup and only a few points away from the target European place set at the beginning of the season. 

Take a deep breath lads Ffs. 

We've done it before,  between the SF and Final.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

17 minutes ago, Section Q said:

He'd have been sacked by now...!

Let him be sporting director/academy director, or whatever, but we need a first team coach with drive and ambition...!

Mad long as Levein remains at our Club in any senior capacity the football will be industrial, defensive and boring.

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

That worked out well.

William H. Bonney
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Who was that? 

Shooter McGavin

The fact that we’ve got a great opportunity to make the Scottish Cup Final yet all I feel is apathy towards this team & manager says a lot. 

Struggling to think of anything duller than another below average league campaign with p*** football being played week in, week out.

4 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Nope. Levein himself said he wouldn’t if manager didn’t work out. That’s probably why he was given a three year deal - a bit of financial security for him as he’s completely out if the manager gig doesn’t work out. 

As for the the original post, no-one outwith the old firm would sack a manager who had got them to two semi finals and top 6 (however cringeworthy the phrase ‘top 6’ is). 

I honestly can’t see him surviving a defeat from Inverness in the semi though. We get beat, the fans really turn and there’s no way back from that point on. 

I take your point on two semi finals but considering who we beat to get there wasn't that hard. Since the first dozen games of the season we have been sh1te......!!

Enzo Chiefo

That worked out well.

Not condoning it or suggesting we do the same again. Just pointing out that it has happened. 

It's a cross between bad recruitment and bad coaching.. the quality but most importantly the attitude of the signings in the main had left a lot to be desired . There is no fight and an exceptence of mediocrity from both the coaching staff and he players which is alarming. 

Add that to the basic lack of skill and tactical nous from both the players  and the management and it really is a damnimg report card . 

siegementality
3 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

I doubt any club in country would sack a manager heading into a Semi Final of the cup and only a few points away from the target European place set at the beginning of the season. 

Your continued defence of Levein is quite disturbing.

4 minutes ago, John Gentleman said:

"I've got to credit Hamilton - they made things difficult for us. After the last couple of games I was hopeful we were back on track but we were lacking today in focus and aggression and I don't know why."

Didn't he say much the same thing last season or is age catching up with me?

Change the name Hamilton to Inverness and that’s what we will

hear next month

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, Dino Velvet said:

Who was that? 

Back in 2013 we got rid of John McGlynn after the League Cup SF win against Inverness. Gary Locke was in charge, I think as permanent Head Coach, for the Final v St Mirren.

Just now, siegementality said:

Your continued defence of Levein is quite disturbing.

I defend the club, my only thoughts are for the good of the club.

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Back in 2013 we got rid of John McGlynn after the League Cup SF win against Inverness. Gary Locke was in charge, I think as permanent Head Coach, for the Final v St Mirren.

Worked out well eh.

1 minute ago, siegementality said:

Hearts manager Craig Levein: "Hell of a frustrating, particularly in the first half, we started the game really poorly. We were much better in the second half but we just didn't provide the quality to score.

"I've got to credit Hamilton - they made things difficult for us. After the last couple of games I was hopeful we were back on track but we were lacking today in focus and aggression and I don't know why."

The last sentence tells you he has lost it. He doesn’t know why? Well let’s get someone in who does know.

That's terrifying. Yes, we won both games but if those limp, lifeless performances are his idea of back on track, we're fecked. I've felt negative about our future for a while now and it's only getting worse.

I think what depresses me most is that while CL, surely, is unlikely to survive a change of leadership at the top, we are being condemned to a feeble footballing philosophy and wasted investment that, hopefully, has no long term future. In other words, we're stuck with this rubbish and treading water for the foreseeable. 

Things need to change but it won't until Ann's no longer calling the shots. If she needs CL to guide her through life thereafter, then that's her business. 

William H. Bonney
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Ah, of course. 

So what we're saying is a potential European spot and 2 semi finals is not goid enough for us anymore ?

siegementality

That worked out well.

Totally different financial climate the club was operating in then. There can’t have been a Hearts manager with the autonomy and finance behind them that Levein has had. It’s a fecking shambles. He needs to go.

Enzo Chiefo

Worked out well eh.

Well we lost, if that's what you mean. Whether McGlynn would have led us to victory is unknown.

siegementality
1 minute ago, Artful Dodger said:

Utter pish. You are in the very slim minority. Those with the good of the club at heart want rid. 

Fozzyonthefence

Why not, he’s doing a shite job, admits himself he doesn’t know what’s wrong and the football is absolutely eye bleeding.  You can’t use 2 semi finals as proof him doing a good job, given the draws we’ve been given in both it would have been an abject failure not to get to the semis.  We haven’t beaten one decent team to get there, open your eyes ffs, we’re going nowhere under Levein.

We have no chance of winning the cup with Levein in charge even if we reach the final.  The only chance we have is to make the change now, get someone in with fresh ideas and hopefully get that new manager bounce effect on the players.

Vlad would have sacked him long before now - Burley was sacked while unbeaten at the top of the league, Levein is struggling to make top 6.

Enzo Chiefo

So what we're saying is a potential European spot and 2 semi finals is not goid enough for us anymore ?

Get Stephen Robinson in and we turn 2 SF into 2 Finals, with the 3rd lowest budget in the SPL.

siegementality
2 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Correct.

Just now, siegementality said:

Utter pish. You are in the very slim minority. Those with the good of the club at heart want rid. 

Garbage, those with the good of the club at heart want Craig to succeed. 

Scott980612
21 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Hearts manager Craig Levein: "Hell of a frustrating, particularly in the first half, we started the game really poorly. We were much better in the second half but we just didn't provide the quality to score.

"I've got to credit Hamilton - they made things difficult for us. After the last couple of games I was hopeful we were back on track but we were lacking today in focus and aggression and I don't know why."

The last sentence tells you he has lost it. He doesn’t know why? Well let’s get someone in who does know.

That last sentence is conformation that he’s lost the dressing room. 

He “ doesn’t know why” 

deary me - let’s get a manager that f***** does know then 

3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Budge won't sack him and he's too stubborn to walk.

We're doomed

Correct he only thinks of himself his arrogance knows no bounds 

2 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

What a black and white world you inhabit, Dodger. Scratch the surface of these "achievements" and beneath there's very little to enthuse or be pleased about. The football, philosophy, tactics and, I cannot emphasise this enough, performances are horrific. 

What are you seeing that no one else can, bud? 

1 hour ago, Clark Griswold said:

if he is planning on retiring at the end of the season, the sooner he let's us know, the better. 

Those threatening to cancel FOH subs, if the above was announced, would that change your mind?

Yes. My FOH money will go into a seperate bank account until he moves on or is replaced, at which point i shall put the funds back in and resume my DD. 

1 hour ago, loveofthegame said:

He should go. Preferably now to give us some hope in the Scottish Cup.

I like Mr Levein and there is no doubt he is a PHM but it really is dreadful stuff. 

Take away our incredible first two months we'd be bottom 4. His failure to deal with the loss of Naismith has been his downfall.

Should walk this week.

This.

We all want that - but he’s not!  Results have been poor against Clubs we should be passing off the park - however we are subjected to Levein’s fear of losing football.

6 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

I absolutely agree mate and despite the fact I really want levein to succeed I think he’s actually gone beyond the point of no return. 

Once we’re out the cup he’ll have nowhere to turn 

Lets hope he wins us the cup and we're both wrong.....!

Season tickets are on sale already, but I can't see us shifting too many with him in the driving seat.

Life's cruel sometimes but maybe that will be the tipping point.

siegementality

Those with the good of the club want the manager - regardless of who it is - to succeed. Levein has lost it. I listen to his interviews and if you could listen to paint dry it would sound like him. The football is terrible. His tactics are terrible. He is yesterdays man. He is not good enough to manage Heart of Midlothian FC.

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Indeed, and surely even you would concede that for the good of the club we should look to get a better manager?  One that can do what CL is clearly incapable of doing and halt the horrendous slide we’re in.

Out of interest, when did you think it was time for Cathro to go?  Or were you still defending him after his last game?

Sticking up for a hopeless manager isn’t some badge of honour for defending your club.  

10 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Get Stephen Robinson in and we turn 2 SF into 2 Finals, with the 3rd lowest budget in the SPL.

Jesus ****ing christ. 

4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Why not, he’s doing a shite job, admits himself he doesn’t know what’s wrong and the football is absolutely eye bleeding.  You can’t use 2 semi finals as proof him doing a good job, given the draws we’ve been given in both it would have been an abject failure not to get to the semis.  We haven’t beaten one decent team to get there, open your eyes ffs, we’re going nowhere under Levein.

We have no chance of winning the cup with Levein in charge even if we reach the final.  The only chance we have is to make the change now, get someone in with fresh ideas and hopefully get that new manager bounce effect on the players.

Vlad would have sacked him long before now - Burley was sacked while unbeaten at the top of the league, Levein is struggling to make top 6.

Aye, let's use Vlad as a sage like beacon in all that is great in Football club ownership. Ffs.   :rofl:

I think getting to 2 Cup Semi finals when you can only win 3 trophys is quite a remarkable return for the season. That's what I signed up to at the start of the season, visits to Hampden and European football was this seasons target. So far its 2 out of 3. 

siegementality
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Indeed, and surely even you would concede that for the good of the club we should look to get a better manager?  One that can do what CL is clearly incapable of doing and halt the horrendous slide we’re in.

Out of interest, when did you think it was time for Cathro to go?  Or were you still defending him after his last game?

Sticking up for a hopeless manager isn’t some badge of honour for defending your club.  

Worth remembering that Cathro was Levein’s ‘chosen one’. Seems Levein is more like Sir Alex Ferguson than we thought.

G0rd0nM1lls

FFS, guys! 

Dire result, aye.

We're doing better with regard to realistic July expectations than a lot of other Premier clubs, not to mention clubs outwith the top flight. After last season, 5th was likely par for this season and we'd likely need Killie or the vermin to regress a wee bit to get there. We were never going to keep up the August/September pace. Fourth and a Cup final would be a B+ season. No way could we have realistically expected anything better than that. It's still on.

CL is maybe set in his ways and a mite stale, but who the hell are we going to take a chance on?

I'm not interested in other clubs, but we've certainly come closer to realistic expectations this term than Rangers. Definitely closer than the vermin. Arguably closer than the Sheep. Further down, look at the likes of the Arabs and Raith chopping managers. 

I'd give CL the summer transfer window.

What's the alternative? 

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, Gizmo said:

Jesus ****ing christ. 

Just providing a bit of perspective about the "achievement " of reaching 2 Semi Finals.  Fwiw,  I think Robinson would improve us.

1874Gorgie1874
27 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

She will need to change her plans 

Hopefully she does 

Everything points to him being a stubborn SOB but even he must be able to see this has ran away from him.

I have defended him previously and we have had a run of bad injuries this season but the constant fiddling, the strange comments in the press, the tactics and formations put out week on week just feels like he is trying to cling onto a situation he can’t get out of.

Mrs Budge has a big decision to make by April 13th. It shouldn’t come down to it, but if results go against us, we could be a bottom 6 club by the time of the cup semi final..

Between us, Hibs & Motherwell we have the harder 3 games. 

I don’t expect him to walk but as i have said previously on here today,  the only way he will go is if season ticket sales were really poor or FOH suddenly started dropping.

However we support the club, not just the man / men who are providing a poorer and poorer response every week. 

Mrs Budge has said previously that she has relied on Craig Levein with regards football matters at the club, now is her time to show her business side of the club before we become more of a laughing stock. Reaching two semi finals in a season should be the very minimum every year for Hearts. It shouldn’t be considered as progress. 

8 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Correct he only thinks of himself his arrogance knows no bounds 

Apart from yourself obviously

Do you not prefer whats going on at Easter Road - (quoting you) " with its fabulous atmosphere and facilities."and the brave Leanne Dumpster in charge?

3 minutes ago, G0rd0nM1lls said:

FFS, guys! 

Dire result, aye.

We're doing better with regard to realistic July expectations than a lot of other Premier clubs, not to mention clubs outwith the top flight. After last season, 5th was likely par for this season and we'd likely need Killie or the vermin to regress a wee bit to get there. We were never going to keep up the August/September pace. Fourth and a Cup final would be a B+ season. No way could we have realistically expected anything better than that. It's still on.

CL is maybe set in his ways and a mite stale, but who the hell are we going to take a chance on?

I'm not interested in other clubs, but we've certainly come closer to realistic expectations this term than Rangers. Definitely closer than the vermin. Arguably closer than the Sheep. Further down, look at the likes of the Arabs and Raith chopping managers. 

I'd give CL the summer transfer window.

What's the alternative? 

We were told that we had to give him the summer transfer window LAST SEASON!! ?

Fozzyonthefence
12 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Do you think reaching two semi finals this season is a wonderful achievement or just where we should have reached given the very kind draws we’ve had?  Ffs we needed a replay and dodgy refereeing decision in the last minute against the worst team in the championship - we would probably have got to 2 semis if I’d been the manager.

And European spot?  You’re having a laugh, we will finish 6th, no higher but we should be achieving European qualification most years as the 3rd biggest club.

Dagger Is Back

"I've got to credit Hamilton - they made things difficult for us. After the last couple of games I was hopeful we were back on track but we were lacking today in focus and aggression and I don't know why."

Last couple of games, back on track?

Don’t have a clue what he’s on about. We’ve been rank rotten.

His time is over. He will leave on medical grounds at the end of the season.

Who we bring in remains to be seen. It can’t be any of the boot room boys. If CL goes back upstairs it needs to be someone with the balls to tell him to keep his snout out of it 

Hearts man or not he’s made an absolute mess of it. Fortuitous draws in both cup competitions mean nothing. 

Some of our signings border on the ridiculous. 

Stip FOH contributions and ST renewals though? No chance. 

The club will be here long after CL has left

Levein is completely incompetent, if Budge still had her other business he would have been sacked a long time ago.

Serious question, why is she allowing his incompetence at our football club.

ford donald
30 minutes ago, John Gentleman said:

Didn't he say much the same thing last season or is age catching up with me?

We are now getting a proper centre forward, quote: CL refering to David Vanecek ! Mindboggling!

siegementality
4 minutes ago, suds66 said:

Levein is completely incompetent, if Budge still had her other business he would have been sacked a long time ago.

Serious question, why is she allowing his incompetence at our football club.

That is the crux of the matter. 

FERRY HEARTS
20 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Sorry Dodger if our last semi final and the performances over the last 4 months are anything to go by it will be pure Fluke if we gain a European spot 

I do agree with you though he will not be sacked BUT he should do the right thing 

As a big percentage of the support are starting to question his ability 

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, siegementality said:

That is the crux of the matter. 

Her business model is making money regardless of on the pitch.  That’s her job. On the pitch while selling the product is a bonus.

siegementality

Hearts manager Craig Levein: After the last couple of games I was hopeful we were back on track but we were lacking today in focus and aggression and I don't know why."

Just let that sink in.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic