Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

Fozzyonthefence
28 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Garbage, those with the good of the club at heart want Craig to succeed. 

Everyone wanted Cathro to succeed.  It soon become very obvious that he was out of his depth and for the good of the club he had to go.  We’re in the same position again.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Inch Hearts
20 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Aye, let's use Vlad as a sage like beacon in all that is great in Football club ownership. Ffs.   :rofl:

I think getting to 2 Cup Semi finals when you can only win 3 trophys is quite a remarkable return for the season. That's what I signed up to at the start of the season, visits to Hampden and European football was this seasons target. So far its 2 out of 3. 

No, what is remarkable is how kind the draws have been.

im convinced you’re at the wind up.

Everyone wants Levein to be successful but many now believe it's not going to happen.

My hopes for a barnstorming end to the season have started with a totally inept performance against one of the lowest sides in the league.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

No, what is remarkable is how kind the draws have been.

im convinced you’re at the wind up.

I think he is.

siegementality
3 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Her business model is making money regardless of on the pitch.  That’s her job. On the pitch while selling the product is a bonus.

They go hand in hand. The product on the pitch is starting to affect the money being made off it. Supporter loyalty to a football club is far stronger than customer loyalty to a brand. That said, she’ll feel the difference in season tickets sales, I have no doubt about that.

11 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Do you think reaching two semi finals this season is a wonderful achievement or just where we should have reached given the very kind draws we’ve had?  Ffs we needed a replay and dodgy refereeing decision in the last minute against the worst team in the championship - we would probably have got to 2 semis if I’d been the manager.

And European spot?  You’re having a laugh, we will finish 6th, no higher but we should be achieving European qualification most years as the 3rd biggest club.

Yes, reaching 2 Semi finals is a decent return, that was the aim at the start of the season. The 3rd aim was European Football next season, we're 2 games away from that and if Celtic go through then I believe we qualify for the Europa League no matter the result. 

All boxes ticked.

46 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Hearts manager Craig Levein: "Hell of a frustrating, particularly in the first half, we started the game really poorly. We were much better in the second half but we just didn't provide the quality to score.

"I've got to credit Hamilton - they made things difficult for us. After the last couple of games I was hopeful we were back on track but we were lacking today in focus and aggression and I don't know why."

The last sentence tells you he has lost it. He doesn’t know why? Well let’s get someone in who does know.

There is a lot there 

the inconsistency in performances is woeful at the moment - u just can’t predict from game to game what’s going to happen 

from game to game there are a lot of changes still being made and which can also affect consistency levels so obviously CL recognises that - the question is why 

are the players :

1/ buying into the way they are being asked to play?

2/ do they actually want to play for the club ?

3/have they just given up? 

I would suspect or I would hope that it would be somewhere around Point 1 than it being the others 

I think a big part of our playing issues is the obsession with wing back play - it takes an age getting wing backs up the park to get balls over from the wings - unless u have the quality of wing backs that Barcelona have that is ! - unfortunately we are not Barcelona we are hearts 

we always had good players or wingers at the club before - maybe we need to shelve the wing backs idea and go back to wingers and full backs in all games 

with the recent signing of aidy white u can see it’s CL’s preferred option 

for me wing back formations are far to defensive and I would rather see us having quick pacy wingers going at defences as I actually think we have a solid spine in the middle but although players like bosanic/Cochrane/djoum etc have qualities they won’t/can’t create the same amount of chances as we would with pace on the wings 

the reluctance for us to try this type of system as we never seem to bring in the type of player for it considering the amount of players we have bought in recent times concerns me 

siegementality
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

:cornette:

Oh good, another thread repeating something posted elsewhere.

Worth its own thread. A manager admits he doesn’t know what is going wrong. If that’s not thread worthy then I don’t know what is!

Fozzyonthefence
26 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Aye, let's use Vlad as a sage like beacon in all that is great in Football club ownership. Ffs.   :rofl:

I think getting to 2 Cup Semi finals when you can only win 3 trophys is quite a remarkable return for the season. That's what I signed up to at the start of the season, visits to Hampden and European football was this seasons target. So far its 2 out of 3. 

Just stop.  Trolling is against forum rules last time I checked.

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, siegementality said:

They go hand in hand. The product on the pitch is starting to affect the money being made off it. Supporter loyalty to a football club is far stronger than customer loyalty to a brand. That said, she’ll feel the difference in season tickets sales, I have no doubt about that.

Perhaps, she’s making a lot of money and bringing a lot in regardless of supporter power, check the Shan away top to get some funding from the Dalmeny castle guys for example.  Point being I don’t think she cares about success on the pitch as much as the average owner if her business model is working, in which it clearly is.  We lose season ticket holders but still have contempt benefactors, will it make any difference?

19 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

"I've got to credit Hamilton - they made things difficult for us. After the last couple of games I was hopeful we were back on track but we were lacking today in focus and aggression and I don't know why."

Last couple of games, back on track?

Don’t have a clue what he’s on about. We’ve been rank rotten.

His time is over. He will leave on medical grounds at the end of the season.

Who we bring in remains to be seen. It can’t be any of the boot room boys. If CL goes back upstairs it needs to be someone with the balls to tell him to keep his snout out of it 

Hearts man or not he’s made an absolute mess of it. Fortuitous draws in both cup competitions mean nothing. 

Some of our signings border on the ridiculous. 

Stip FOH contributions and ST renewals though? No chance. 

The club will be here long after CL has left

Well said bud. 

Inch Hearts
2 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Yes, reaching 2 Semi finals is a decent return, that was the aim at the start of the season. The 3rd aim was European Football next season, we're 2 games away from that and if Celtic go through then I believe we qualify for the Europa League no matter the result. 

All boxes ticked.

Well you haven’t a clue then because

the finalist no longer gets a European place if pumped against the champions.

Again, you’re totally at the wind up. 

Whilst not a fan of this walk now/leave tonight rhetoric Cup finals don't come round that often for us. With him at the helm Inverness is a risky game and the final, I'd give us little hope. Would a new manager give us a better shot at a trophy, I'm inclined to say yes. For that reason, I think the club needs to act. 

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Just stop.  Trolling is against forum rules last time I checked.

The guy is actually revelling against everyone being angry.  Weirdo behaviour.

1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

Well you haven’t a clue then because

the finalist no longer gets a European place if pumped against the champions.

Again, you’re totally at the wind up. 

If that's correct then we're 180 minutes away from European Football. 

Would've taken that at the start of the season as well. 

1 hour ago, siegementality said:

Hearts manager Craig Levein: "Hell of a frustrating, particularly in the first half, we started the game really poorly. We were much better in the second half but we just didn't provide the quality to score.

"I've got to credit Hamilton - they made things difficult for us. After the last couple of games I was hopeful we were back on track but we were lacking today in focus and aggression and I don't know why."

The last sentence tells you he has lost it. He doesn’t know why? Well let’s get someone in who does know.

I thought we were worse in the 2nd half. Utterly horseshit in the 2nd, 

but what do I know 

I can’t bear going to Hampden with Levein in charge.

I should be fantasising about how we’ll rip Caley apart but instead all I can think about is how Levein will **** it up.

Edited by kila

48 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

I defend the club, my only thoughts are for the good of the club.

CL isn't for the good of the club it'd be better If he was away.

1 hour ago, loveofthegame said:

Plenty of evidence that majority of fans want him gone. You been at a game recently? Spoken to your mates? Looked on this forum? Looked on other forms of social media? 

I go to games every week. Don’t think any evidence that a majority want him to go. 

39 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Correct he only thinks of himself his arrogance knows no bounds 

I think those that think Levein will be there long term if this continues are wrong.  He is a Hearts man and I don't doubt that he wants the best for Hearts. If he thinks as many on here do, that he isnt the man for the job I am sure he will step aside, my concern would be where he steps too and his influence thereafter. 

Plenty good managers to go for but not many that would tolerate any undue influence he may retain. 

I think things will change in the summer. Certainly not before. 

Walter Bishop
1 minute ago, McCrae said:

I go to games every week. Don’t think any evidence that a majority want him to go. 

You dont to games then. ?

siegementality
7 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Perhaps, she’s making a lot of money and bringing a lot in regardless of supporter power, check the Shan away top to get some funding from the Dalmeny castle guys for example.  Point being I don’t think she cares about success on the pitch as much as the average owner if her business model is working, in which it clearly is.  We lose season ticket holders but still have contempt benefactors, will it make any difference?

Will the benefactors bang a drum and sing when we eventually cross the half way line? In fact will they even be in the ground?

1 hour ago, hearts00 said:

This is a huge huge concern. 

However we are still within touching distance of killie  and Aberdeen which is incredible really. 

I just dont don’t see any progress whatsoever. We are no better than last season in my opinion. And we we were rank last year as well. 

We have improved. 2 cup semi’s make that clear

8 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Worth its own thread. A manager admits he doesn’t know what is going wrong. If that’s not thread worthy then I don’t know what is!

There is already about 3 or 4 with that quote so no, your thread isn't worth another one.

1 minute ago, Walter Bishop said:

Always been a group of pant wetters wanting CL out... but this year has hardly been a disaster.

Edited by McCrae

28 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Apart from yourself obviously

Do you not prefer whats going on at Easter Road - (quoting you) " with its fabulous atmosphere and facilities."and the brave Leanne Dumpster in charge?

I was referring to Easter Road as I thought it may have been an ideal venue

for the semi final but realise it falls short on attendance 

as regards to Leanne Dempster she shows more bravery of getting rid

of under performing managers 

We have improved. 2 cup semi’s make that clear

We've been handed a semi in the cup and still nearly managed to screw it up

indianajones

Clearly not the right man for the job. 

He might not even be the right man for whatever upstairs job is being touted. 

Sounds harsh but its a business and their should be little room for emotion. 

Walter Bishop
Just now, McCrae said:

Always been a group of pant wet tees wanting CL out... but this year has hardly been a disaster.

???

Ok. Thanks Craig.?

siegementality
11 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

There is a lot there 

the inconsistency in performances is woeful at the moment - u just can’t predict from game to game what’s going to happen 

from game to game there are a lot of changes still being made and which can also affect consistency levels so obviously CL recognises that - the question is why 

are the players :

1/ buying into the way they are being asked to play?

2/ do they actually want to play for the club ?

3/have they just given up? 

I would suspect or I would hope that it would be somewhere around Point 1 than it being the others 

I think a big part of our playing issues is the obsession with wing back play - it takes an age getting wing backs up the park to get balls over from the wings - unless u have the quality of wing backs that Barcelona have that is ! - unfortunately we are not Barcelona we are hearts 

we always had good players or wingers at the club before - maybe we need to shelve the wing backs idea and go back to wingers and full backs in all games 

with the recent signing of aidy white u can see it’s CL’s preferred option 

for me wing back formations are far to defensive and I would rather see us having quick pacy wingers going at defences as I actually think we have a solid spine in the middle but although players like bosanic/Cochrane/djoum etc have qualities they won’t/can’t create the same amount of chances as we would with pace on the wings 

the reluctance for us to try this type of system as we never seem to bring in the type of player for it considering the amount of players we have bought in recent times concerns me 

If Levein’s preferred option is to sign a player in his late 20’s who hasn’t played for two years then I’m out!

1 minute ago, Walter Bishop said:

Judging by threads bumped earlier you have been posting negative shite about a succession of managers going back well before Ann Budge took control of the club.

Therefore your opinion is clearly laughable and that of a child with persistent tantrums and knee-jerk reactions.

13 minutes ago, siegementality said:

No its not .

Still it gets you a bit of attention.

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

I am on the turn, too many games lately have been just like the majority of cathros games, just like some of the poorer games neilson was in charge for. Defender to defender to full back to midfield to defender to keeper. I don't remember this type of play before this era but I might be wrong. Our attackers are so static it's like watching a game of subutteo. 

We are better in league, cups and derby which is what most wanted, why we can't beat the league dross I don't know.

I'm beginning to think he has lost the dressing room or the team of coaches aren't on board. I'm sure I saw he turn to fox and ask his opinion on something, who said I don't know. We shouldn't be managing by committee. I don't believe we have a bad squad on the whole. Players like mulrainey should never be near our first 11. We deffo have better quality than all of bottom 6  but we are playing like a team fighting relegation.

We shouldn’t forget the impact of the over spend on the main stand. It has hit the  budget available for players.

He’s said that a few times this season I’m sure.

We have a squadron of coaches who either are also clueless, or shackled to Levein’s philosophy and can’t break free.

**** box soccer, **** Levein’s principles of play, **** whatever Austin does. Whole setup is flatlining.  

Inch Hearts
6 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Will the benefactors bang a drum and sing when we eventually cross the half way line? In fact will they even be in the ground?

Of course not.  But that matters not much. ?

2 minutes ago, McCrae said:

The place is like a morgue with his eye bleeding football. Utterly depressing stuff. Even the game today the atmosphere was that of depression which is unlike an away game tbf.

I think that it’s looking like even the vermin could overtake us in the league (certainly on current form they will) and that’s unforgivable given the lead we had over them.

he can take that imposter Mcphee with him as well, as he is undoubtedly playing a large part in this bore/shite fest being served up. In fact McPhee is summed up by his penalty agreement with Uche last week. I didn’t find that very funny with the rain pelting my face on Tuesday night.

the life has been drained from the stands with this crap now. Next 4 games will determine his future. Lose them and there will be plenty vocal shouts for him to go. 

siegementality
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

There is already about 3 or 4 with that quote so no, your thread isn't worth another one.

I was the person who used the quote on the threads. I started this thread to highlight how fecking idiotic and clueless our manager is. There is an easy way for Levein to stop threads like this. Play decent football, win against some of the worst teams in the league, and shut the feck up!

3 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

???

Ok. Thanks Craig.?

2 cup semi’s how is that a bad year Michael?

Walter Bishop
Just now, frankblack said:

Judging by threads bumped earlier you have been posting negative shite about a succession of managers going back well before Ann Budge took control of the club.

Therefore your opinion is clearly laughable and that of a child with persistent tantrums and knee-jerk reactions.

My opinion has the same entitlement as yours.

The difference is im not happy sit back and accept mediocrity like you and thankfully the minority are just now. ?

siegementality
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

No its not .

Still it gets you a bit of attention.

Aye, cos I’m the one who gave the quote right enough.

Inch Hearts
11 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

If that's correct then we're 180 minutes away from European Football. 

Would've taken that at the start of the season as well. 

Were also 180 mins away from another shite season despite having the luckiest draws in history. 

indianajones

Aberdeen, Rangers and Hibs.

3pts from 9 and he'll still be in a job*.

Based on the fact we very rarely ever lose to Hibs at Tynecastle. 

We shouldn’t forget the impact of the over spend on the main stand. It has hit the  budget available for players.

????

Yes, like Levein, you are blaming the players. Not the coaches, tactics, manager etc. 

The new stand is really not eating into our budget to the point we struggle to beat ****ing second tier Partick Thistle at home in the big cup.

Just now, Walter Bishop said:

My opinion has the same entitlement as yours.

The difference is im not happy sit back and accept mediocrity like you and thankfully the minority are just now. ?

You clearly are not happy to sit back and accept "mediocrity" as you create a post on here after every game to get the manager sacked going as far back as at least 2008.

Your grasp on reality seems thin at best.

1 minute ago, indianajones said:

Aberdeen, Rangers and Hibs.

3pts from 9 and he'll still be in a job*.

Based on the fact we very rarely ever lose to Hibs at Tynecastle. 

One point from that lot I’d imagine

Walter Bishop
Just now, McCrae said:

2 cup semi’s how is that a bad year Michael?

Come on, that is the benchmark? What about the performances week in week out? Would take a 2nd place and a team performing well over 2 semi finals all day long. 

Look at the struggle we had in the easiest cup run for years, debatable whether or not we deserved to beat the team at bottom of the championship! 

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

The place is like a morgue with his eye bleeding football. Utterly depressing stuff. Even the game today the atmosphere was that of depression which is unlike an away game tbf.

I think that it’s looking like even the vermin could overtake us in the league (certainly on current form they will) and that’s unforgivable given the lead we had over them.

he can take that imposter Mcphee with him as well, as he is undoubtedly playing a large part in this bore/shite fest being served up. In fact McPhee is summed up by his penalty agreement with Uche last week. I didn’t find that very funny with the rain pelting my face on Tuesday night.

the life has been drained from the stands with this crap now. Next 4 games will determine his future. Lose them and there will be plenty vocal shouts for him to go. 

I agree, recent games have been rotten.  We have and are still plagued by injuries.

We have overall seen an improvement from last year.

If we get to the SC final this year, CL is very clearly safe.

16 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

The guy is actually revelling against everyone being angry.  Weirdo behaviour.

That's how it is on here now and it has been for a long time. 

2 minutes ago, kila said:

????

Yes, like Levein, you are blaming the players. Not the coaches, tactics, manager etc. 

The new stand is really not eating into our budget to the point we struggle to beat ****ing second tier Partick Thistle at home in the big cup.

I disagree. I think it has impacted on the quality of player we could sign.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic