Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

I have always been a Levein fan, both as a player and a manager. There's no avoidng the fact that the football at the moment is simply awful. A change in direction is needed, a hungry manager with something to prove.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

Sorry for not being moved by his post. 

If Hearts being successful is a prerequisite for putting money in the club, he’s following the wrong team. 

Not successful.........

just not utter crap. Read his post again, and don't attempt to dramatize everything just because it doesn't suit your agenda.

Walter Bishop
54 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

I pledge £200 a month to the FOH. have done for the previous 2 seasons.

I travel down from Ullapool  have also purchased season tickets, fuel money, accomodation for evening kick off's, food etc. 

I buy the home and away top every season as well as various other bits and pieces.

I'm sick of doing 8-10 hour round trips at a great cost to myself to go and watch this mediocre week in week out. Excuse after excuse. I have missed games due to car breakdowns, punctures on the A9 and all sorts. 

So don't dare say my loyality or anything like that has gone. The expense I give up each month for Hearts through all of the above means I want my journey to be worth it.

Simple as that. If I want to stop paying that every month because i am not happy with the direction the club is going in. I feel i'm perfectly entitled to do that. Until CL leaves I shall not be putting another penny into the club.

100% respect your choice. Something has to change or you wont be the only one. 

15 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You sir are, respectfully, a naive,  deluded fool.

Hearts season ticket holder, unlike you. 

No need for the abuse either, I'm not alone in my opinion and you should respect that.

Phil Dunphy
Just now, innerjambo said:

Not successful.........

just not utter crap. Read his post again, and don't attempt to dramatize everything just because it doesn't suit your agenda.

I’m not the one saying “I’m not putting another penny into the club under Levein”. That’s drama for you. 

Don’t expect people to get misty eyed over a stranger saying he’s cancelling his pledge because he doesn’t like the manager just because you clearly have. 

Nookie Bear

This is one of those nights you wish JKB would crash so we can all enjoy our weekends without arguing over Hearts ?

One of the Mods fancy pulling a plug out?

I have wanted to give him time and the benefit of the doubt. I didnt agree earlier in the season, when we went on a bad run that it was his fault as the injuries really cost us. But since the turn of the year, with his signings and players back fit, we have been woeful. 
The lack of attacking intent is so frustrating. He is just too cautious, he is naturally defensive and it is costing us. People talked about Man Utd under Morinho playing with the handbrake on and that is what i think we are like. 
The players look like they are going through the motions. A change is needed

GorgieRules22

Can the Foundation not represent the fans here and let Ann Budge know we’re not overly impressed with the management ? She seems to live in a bubble and think everything is rosey. Iv noticed that there’s been no updates or statements for a good wee while. I don’t want a witch hunt on Craig Levein because he’s one of us but he’s got us playing some eye bleeding shit.

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

This is one of those nights you wish JKB would crash so we can all enjoy our weekends without arguing over Hearts ?

One of the Mods fancy pulling a plug out?

It's ok to express opinions, whether that'll be the case when the bevvy kicks in later is another thing.

It's a shame the haters don't come out to play when we win though.

1 hour ago, Pants Shaton said:

End of the day I'd rather see us relegated and beaten 8-0 by Hibs than have Levein as manager.

Working hard on being a bell-end, can some of the veterans give me any pointers?

No you wouldn’t. You know you wouldn’t. 

It’s quite alarming how many are stopping the foh payment 

once stopped I only hope they will reconsider if things improve 

Respect to Artful Dodger and To Be Frank for consistently supporting the management team, many people banging that drum this week nowhere to be seen tonight. I suspect though that if either of them were Levein they would have enough love and respect for the club to accept they weren't the right person for the job. Levein seems great at everything else except managing the team, he's in the wrong job. If it hadn't have been for the Cathro fiasco then you would be inclined to maybe keep him at the club but it's time to move on. 

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

It's ok to express opinions, whether that'll be the case when the bevvy kicks in later is another thing.

It's a shame the haters don't come out to play when we win though.

It usually takes us by surprise :P

I’m outta here for a while. Will settle down to watch Wolves hopefully beat Man Utd and then hopefully there will be a Richard Curtis romcom on Channel 4 for me to enjoy !

1 hour ago, Pants Shaton said:

End of the day I'd rather see us relegated and beaten 8-0 by Hibs than have Levein as manager.

Working hard on being a bell-end, can some of the veterans give me any pointers?

You missed the “Am I doing this right” for true authenticity.....

45 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

That’ll free up a ticket for the Scottish Cup Final once we get there then. 

Splendid.

What an utterly pointless comment to make regarding a heartfelt point made by an obviously staunch and loyal supporter.

3 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Respect to Artful Dodger and To Be Frank for consistently supporting the management team, many people banging that drum this week nowhere to be seen tonight. I suspect though that if either of them were Levein they would have enough love and respect for the club to accept they weren't the right person for the job. Levein seems great at everything else except managing the team, he's in the wrong job. If it hadn't have been for the Cathro fiasco then you would be inclined to maybe keep him at the club but it's time to move on. 

I agree to a certain extent but to change the entire coaching staff and management team now is just not in the best interests on the club. 

History is riddled with clubs that pull the trigger because of an upset fan base. It rarely bares fruit. 

See out the season, regroup, maybe bring in another experienced head, there's lot of options. Pulling the trigger now will only satisfy a disgruntled support. That's not in the best interests of Heart of Midlothian FC in my book.

John mcCartney
7 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Respect to Artful Dodger and To Be Frank for consistently supporting the management team, many people banging that drum this week nowhere to be seen tonight.

Show no respect to those people mate,dont waste your good energy on mugs like that.
if theyre not abusing people on here or putting them down with smug garbage they`re resorting to dregs of the barrel like the ****ing racist card.

Show them no mercy,they themselves are part of the problems at HMFC

Howdy Doody Jambo

It has to be a clean sweep  McPhee, Daly and Fox just as responsible as CL for very poor football for months, have they ever watched a video of us playing against the lesser teams  they should be ashamed of our so called style of fitbaw 

34 minutes ago, The Doc said:

For those cancelling pledges, I’ll never agree with it but I’d suggest emailing the club and the FOH and explaining your reasons why.

Otherwise you’re just another number.

You’re a moron if you cancel your pledge for footballing reasons.

1 minute ago, John mcCartney said:

Show no respect to those people mate,dont waste your good energy on mugs like that.
if theyre not abusing people on here or putting them down with smug garbage they`re resorting to dregs of the barrel like the ****ing racist card.

Show them no mercy,they themselves are part of the problems at HMFC

I think you're being rather unfair and unkind there tbh.

Phil Dunphy
4 minutes ago, phjambo said:

What an utterly pointless comment to make regarding a heartfelt point made by an obviously staunch and loyal supporter.

I treated his “not another penny until Levein is gone” comment with the contempt it deserved. 

1 hour ago, Artful Dodger said:

No doubts at all.

90 minutes of football isn't going to change my mind. 

Levein is the best man for the job under the current circumstances.

:vrface:

4 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

I agree to a certain extent but to change the entire coaching staff and management team now is just not in the best interests on the club. 

History is riddled with clubs that pull the trigger because of an upset fan base. It rarely bares fruit. 

See out the season, regroup, maybe bring in another experienced head, there's lot of options. Pulling the trigger now will only satisfy a disgruntled support. That's not in the best interests of Heart of Midlothian FC in my book.

I've consistently said he should go in the summer for a while. The only concern about that is we are making plans for next season and the board are 100% reliant on Levein for everything football related. That is a real worry. 

6 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

You’re a moron if you cancel your pledge for footballing reasons.

You wont find me disagreeing 

rick witter
20 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Can the Foundation not represent the fans here and let Ann Budge know we’re not overly impressed with the management ? She seems to live in a bubble and think everything is rosey. Iv noticed that there’s been no updates or statements for a good wee while. I don’t want a witch hunt on Craig Levein because he’s one of us but he’s got us playing some eye bleeding shit.

Think that’s a good idea. 

Either that or we as fans have to do something to make it known that the level of performance we are watching is not acceptable. We may not get results but we sure as hell should be capable of better effort and performances than we are getting. A protest of some sort is required 

25 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I’m not the one saying “I’m not putting another penny into the club under Levein”. That’s drama for you. 

Don’t expect people to get misty eyed over a stranger saying he’s cancelling his pledge because he doesn’t like the manager just because you clearly have. 

:leveinnaturalorder:

49 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I appreciate the work behind the scenes but I don’t believe any of that explains air justifies poor signings, a timid mentality and poor tactics. And I don’t believe Levein has the ability to turn it around on the pitch. 

Edit: and I should add that, even though I respect the effort in rebuilding the youth academy I am concerned that Leveins approach to the game will be utilised across all our age groups and that out Academy will not be as effective as it could be. 

Is it even leveins approach for the academy  the way it looks to me is that he's let box soccer take over the development of the academy.

I'd love nothing more than to see us produce exciting home grown players ,and we've been told that our crop of youngsters are better than most  but I'm yet to see it 

Berra, driver ,walker, Paterson ,Wallace and gordon all came through  before the new academy structure was put in place 

I'm not holding my breath on the next batch coming through being any better than some of the players I've mentioned

It's not in anyway a criticism of the players coming through more an observation of the levels they need to get to to justify the big spend and hype if the academy.

Enzo Chiefo
29 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Hearts season ticket holder, unlike you. 

No need for the abuse either, I'm not alone in my opinion and you should respect that.

That was not abuse AD. Which was why i used the verb "respect". On a board like this where real abuse is thrown about like confetti,  and posters like you, post ridiculous pictures rather than engage in debate, quite frankly I don't know what you're whinging about.

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

Stopping payments to FOH just doesn’t enter into the equation for me. As pissed off as I am with the team right now, no way will I ever stop my payments. Thats the one direct debit I’m happy to pay every month. To do so, on the back of some horrendous defeats is churlish. We are the lifeblood of the club. I’d be dishonouring the players that laid down their lives for this great club by doing so. We are the greatest club in the world and have the greatest fans by a country mile. We saved our club against  the odds and I never want to go through that again. We’ll still have a few more rough seasons until we reap the benefits and fruits of our labours. Let’s all pull together as we have so much left still to play for! HHGH

Just now, The Doc said:

You wont find me disagreeing 

Following Hearts you’re going to have a lot of cancelling and setting up of DDs in your lifetime if you go by their logic. 

Just now, Calebs Grandad said:

I love my club. But sorry I’m not going to stop following them as I’ve seen truly atrocious Hearts sides who played before 2,000 crowds at Tynecastle, got relegated more than once through season long dire performances. Your team are part of your life and walking away just doesn’t happen.

Yup i'm one of these guys as well mate but if you keep screwing your job up you get the boot it really is that simple oh and i love the Hearts as well

JamboJimmyB

Perhaps fans who want the management structure at the club changed and are through association perpetuating the

problem by contributing to FOH should ask FOH to put their donation into a separate bank account to be held in trust until the club invests is a new coaching team.

HeartofHartley
13 minutes ago, Old Castle Rock said:

It has to be a clean sweep  McPhee, Daly and Fox just as responsible as CL for very poor football for months, have they ever watched a video of us playing against the lesser teams  they should be ashamed of our so called style of fitbaw 

Spot on

Sexton Hardcastle

Sadly for CL he needs to depart from the club in full. Going back upstairs won’t sit well with anyone. Shame it’s not worked out as genuinely like the bloke. 

What could have been this season. Do the honourable thing Craig and announce it soon so we can plan fully for next season.

4 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Is it even leveins approach for the academy  the way it looks to me is that he's let box soccer take over the development of the academy.

I'd love nothing more than to see us produce exciting home grown players ,and we've been told that our crop of youngsters are better than most  but I'm yet to see it 

Berra, driver ,walker, Paterson ,Wallace and gordon all came through  before the new academy structure was put in place 

I'm not holding my breath on the next batch coming through being any better than some of the players I've mentioned

It's not in anyway a criticism of the players coming through more an observation of the levels they need to get to to justify the big spend and hype if the academy.

The quality of youngsters coming through our academy has been dreadful . 

Keep hearing the next batch are great . Utter bolloks imo . 

Levein is a charlatan playing Ann like a fiddle 

Look how Man Utd have turned around. I see great comparisons between us and them with a dour defensive manager and look where they are now. 

They are are obviously on a completely different level to us but players that were playing in to themselves have been revitalised with belief and a change in approach. 

The chance we have in the Scottish cup cannot be left to Levein, it would be such a waste. 

Alex Kintner

44 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Sorry for not being moved by his post. 

If Hearts being successful is a prerequisite for putting money in the club, he’s following the wrong team. 

Spot on. When I started my FoH subscription it was with the intent it would continue till the day i die and without any daft caveats about how the team is performing or who the manager is.

29 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Thanks Jodami. Today was indefensible. Nowehere near good enough. I suspect though that even if Levein thought he couldn’t take us any further he wouldn’t step down right now, he would do it in the summer.

24 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

He moved Clare to RB today ffs!!!!!!!

Was a good move in my opinion. Clare wasn’t having his usual impact in midfield and it gave us a more attacking option from that area of the pitch while allowing another striker to come on. One of very few things the manager got right today.

9 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

That was not abuse AD. Which was why i used the verb "respect". On a board like this where real abuse is thrown about like confetti,  and posters like you, post ridiculous pictures rather than engage in debate, quite frankly I don't know what your whinging about.

Calling someone deluded and a fool is abuse and quite frankly not something I’d expect from someone who was banging on earlier about how he treats other posters with respect and treats others as he likes to be treated. ?

Edited by To Be Frank

7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

That was not abuse AD. Which was why i used the verb "respect". On a board like this where real abuse is thrown about like confetti,  and posters like you, post ridiculous pictures rather than engage in debate, quite frankly I don't know what your whinging 

It was abuse and you know it, if you didn't give me so much entertainment on here I'd probably report it. 

Paisley Jambo

Continuing with pledges is how we will truly own the club and move Levein from Manager to upstairs.

Disappointing if they are cancelled as it will do no good.

Season tickets is the way to make a point.

Alex Kintner
9 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Stopping payments to FOH just doesn’t enter into the equation for me. As pissed off as I am with the team right now, no way will I ever stop my payments. Thats the one direct debit I’m happy to pay every month. To do so, on the back of some horrendous defeats is churlish. We are the lifeblood of the club. I’d be dishonouring the players that laid down their lives for this great club by doing so. We are the greatest club in the world and have the greatest fans by a country mile. We saved our club against  the odds and I never want to go through that again. We’ll still have a few more rough seasons until we reap the benefits and fruits of our labours. Let’s all pull together as we have so much left still to play for! HHGH

:spoton:

Gibson_HMFC
32 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Could do a job. 

People seem to forget how well off we are just now.

Johnny no mates could do a better job right now. 

Would be an expensive business to move Levein and his coterie on.  MacPhee (who has been a key factor in both the Cathro and Levein eras), Daly and Foxy to pay off.  Goalie coach Gallacher who is presumably responsible for our two mediocre goalies.

Given the failure of the Academy to provide a regular first team starter beyond the mediocre Morrison 5 seasons in I'd be asking questions about the people running it too.

And then there is the trammelled squad for next season too.  What room would any new manager have to bring in strikers for example.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic