Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

Inch Hearts

He’s never going to leave just now before the Semi final and even if he was no longer head coach he would still have control of sorts.  End of the season is time to address everything, not at this stage of the season, it would be completely pointless.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

rick witter
14 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Will be our best player next season. Support the lad instead of scapegoating him.

If you look at my comments before the game I said he was very good but only when he can be bothered. 

I still think that’s the case. 

No consistency and I can’t see that changing in him enough for you to suggest he will be our best player. 

Edited by rick witter

rick witter
Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

No surprise you weren't at Hamilton today.

I wasn’t there no. I’ve not been back to an away game since the Livingston disgrace. Still at every home game without fail though. 

What did you think of the performance today? 

It is only from a very few on here that I hear any support for Levein, even they are putting expectations in the way of that support.

Is that how we really want fans to go into a free pass to a cup final.

Time for Ms Budge to make hard decisions.

2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

He’s never going to leave just now before the Semi final and even if he was no longer head coach he would still have control of sorts.  End of the season is time to address everything, not at this stage of the season, it would be completely pointless.

I wish he would leave now the last team he left won the scottish cup

not long after

HillmanHearts

As a basically pro Levein bloke, I have to say I can see the middle ground shifting away from him.

I was gutted when he left the last time and was delighted when he came back.

We still have the passion and drive on certain games but the problem at the moment is that there are just too many shitty performances and results like today.

Craig saying today that he doesn't know why there was no focus or intensity is worrying.

He/We still have a chance at a decent season.

So for me - we judge a bit later on.

40 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Me neither. I would guess some of those suggesting stopping payments don,t pledge anyway.

Out of 8000 pledges do you actually  think there are not fans who are not happy with the way the team is going and may consider whether to keep pledging or not is worth it

Inch Hearts
7 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

I wish he would leave now the last team he left won the scottish cup

not long after

The last team he left didn’t play a team going for the treble treble they faced Ross County.  We have as much chance against Celtic or Sheep in the final with Craig in charge as anyone else. 

2 hours ago, Calebs Grandad said:

I love my club. But sorry I’m not going to stop following them as I’ve seen truly atrocious Hearts sides who played before 2,000 crowds at Tynecastle, got relegated more than once through season long dire performances. Your team are part of your life and walking away just doesn’t happen.

This is where I am at. Hurt but still in love. 

132goals1958
3 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Out of 8000 pledges do you actually  think there are not fans who are not happy with the way the team is going and may consider whether to keep pledging or not is worth it

Maybe you should read my post again.

55 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Majority of Hearts fans want him gone. There's always a few special cases. Same ones who wanted to give Cathro the start of last season and we all know how that worked out. 

No evidence for this

Blackshades

His comment about the hearts job is his labour of love and he doesn't look on it as his job sums it up me .it should be his job .if he wants a labour of love go and build the empire state building out of ****ing matches.

maroongoals
55 minutes ago, indianajones said:

If you stop pledges you need your head examined. 

agreed

2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Was just wondering if it was the usual wrist-slitting reaction to a loss. Yup

Well,  come on,  it's a bit more than that.   We've been limping along for weeks,  now.   I can't remember or last convincing performance.   The football is not only ineffective results wise,  it's really boring to watch.   In fact,  it's worse than boring,  it's frustrating.   And posters - not necessarily you - coming out with patronising nonsense and clashing everything is rosy in tbe background either don't attend games,  are employed by the club,  or are related to Levein. 

Cruyff Turn
17 minutes ago, HillmanHearts said:

As a basically pro Levein bloke, I have to say I can see the middle ground shifting away from him.

I was gutted when he left the last time and was delighted when he came back.

We still have the passion and drive on certain games but the problem at the moment is that there are just too many shitty performances and results like today.

Craig saying today that he doesn't know why there was no focus or intensity is worrying.

He/We still have a chance at a decent season.

So for me - we judge a bit later on.

Very much this. It’s big games all the way until the end of the season so this will be the games where we should judge what level we are at and of course if we do well in these games, we take points from our rivals. 

loveofthegame
11 minutes ago, McCrae said:

No evidence for this

Plenty of evidence that majority of fans want him gone. You been at a game recently? Spoken to your mates? Looked on this forum? Looked on other forms of social media? 

21 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Maybe you should read my post again.

You think the ones that suggest stopping pledges don't pledge? 

What would give you that idea?

Central Belt 1874
35 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

Neilson > Levein.

Great start, changed tactics, signings become dreadful, substitutions become bizarre, fall down the table, 5 year plan, needs another window, we don't have any cash, sign another 10 players.

If the rumours are true that he is retiring at end of season, would you give him more time if he came out and told the fans instead of wanting rid now

12 minutes ago, Haken said:

Well,  come on,  it's a bit more than that.   We've been limping along for weeks,  now.   I can't remember or last convincing performance.   The football is not only ineffective results wise,  it's really boring to watch.   In fact,  it's worse than boring,  it's frustrating.   And posters - not necessarily you - coming out with patronising nonsense and clashing everything is rosy in tbe background either don't attend games,  are employed by the club,  or are related to Levein. 

Sure it isn't great and I think Budge may have a decision to make in the summer. However, league season was ruined by injuries. The cups have been reasonably successful for first year in 6...Have we improved? Yes. Have we reached where we want to be? No. Should we rip it all up and start again? Well I think this will be decided by whether we bet ICT in the semi or not...

siegementality

Only a matter of time before even the most ardent Levein fan turns:

1 - When Hibs go above us (probably next week).

2 - When Hibs pump us in the next derby.

3 - ICT knock us out the cup.

Given that Levein can’t explain why we were shite today please just feck off, preferably before 1,2 and 3.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

Sure it isn't great and I think Budge may have a decision to make in the summer. However, league season was ruined by injuries. The cups have been reasonably successful for first year in 6...Have we improved? Yes. Have we reached where we want to be? No. Should we rip it all up and start again? Well I think this will be decided by whether we bet ICT in the semi or not...

Why should it be based on a game against a Championship club in the Scottish Cup? That’s bollocks. You need to take a wider view of what Levein is doing - and what he’s done is create a very mediocre squad with mediocre tactics and mediocre mentality. This has been going on for a long, long time but some on here are too clueless to accept it.

I’ll tell you this. Craig Levein will leave this club before I do. Managers come and go. We stay

He'd have been sacked by now...!

Let him be sporting director/academy director, or whatever, but we need a first team coach with drive and ambition...!

I am on the turn, too many games lately have been just like the majority of cathros games, just like some of the poorer games neilson was in charge for. Defender to defender to full back to midfield to defender to keeper. I don't remember this type of play before this era but I might be wrong. Our attackers are so static it's like watching a game of subutteo. 

We are better in league, cups and derby which is what most wanted, why we can't beat the league dross I don't know.

I'm beginning to think he has lost the dressing room or the team of coaches aren't on board. I'm sure I saw he turn to fox and ask his opinion on something, who said I don't know. We shouldn't be managing by committee. I don't believe we have a bad squad on the whole. Players like mulrainey should never be near our first 11. We deffo have better quality than all of bottom 6  but we are playing like a team fighting relegation.

Edited by jambopilms

Torry Jambo
1 minute ago, Section Q said:

Let him be sporting director/academy director, or whatever, but we need a first team coach with drive and ambition...!

He would need to be kept well away from any new Management Team and that would be hard

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Sporting director :rofl:

is there some reason why Levein has to be part of this set up? Will be collapse and die the moment he leaves?

1874Gorgie1874

I’m sure budge mentioned he’d go back upstairs when he’s done managing. So it won’t be getting much better any time soon 

siegementality

Hearts manager Craig Levein: "Hell of a frustrating, particularly in the first half, we started the game really poorly. We were much better in the second half but we just didn't provide the quality to score.

"I've got to credit Hamilton - they made things difficult for us. After the last couple of games I was hopeful we were back on track but we were lacking today in focus and aggression and I don't know why."

The last sentence tells you he has lost it. He doesn’t know why? Well let’s get someone in who does know.

Inch Hearts
7 minutes ago, Section Q said:

A first team coach with drive and ambition wouldn’t work under Levein. 

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, siegementality said:

Hearts manager Craig Levein: "Hell of a frustrating, particularly in the first half, we started the game really poorly. We were much better in the second half but we just didn't provide the quality to score.

"I've got to credit Hamilton - they made things difficult for us. After the last couple of games I was hopeful we were back on track but we were lacking today in focus and aggression and I don't know why."

The last sentence tells you he has lost it. He doesn’t know why? Well let’s get someone in who does know.

After the last couple of games?  They where rank rotten too. **** sake man. 

6 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I am on the turn, too many games lately have been just like the majority of cathros games, just like some of the poorer games neilson was in charge for. Defender to defender to full back to midfield to defender to keeper. I don't remember this type of play before this era but I might be wrong. Our attackers are so static it's like watching a game of subutteo. 

We are better in league, cups and derby which is what most wanted, why we can't beat the league dross I don't know.

I'm beginning to think he has lost the dressing room or the team of coaches aren't on board. I'm sure I saw he turn to fox and ask his opinion on something, who said I don't know. We shouldn't be managing by committee. I don't believe we have a bad squad on the whole. Players like mulrainey should never be near our first 11. We deffo have better quality than all of bottom 6  but we are playing like a team fighting relegation.

You honestly think we are playing like a team fighting relegation?

what fight do we have in us exactly?

bunch of pussies who lack any real desire or fight.

Jambof3tornado

The longer Levein remains in charge of our 1st team the less I want him to remain in any role at the club when he steps down

FERRY HEARTS

The support of any other club would not accept the Football we have been producing . We are blinded by Craig’s affiliation and many years involvement with the club  Affraid to say time to Go 

shambolic. Management must take blame  

14 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Why should it be based on a game against a Championship club in the Scottish Cup? That’s bollocks. You need to take a wider view of what Levein is doing - and what he’s done is create a very mediocre squad with mediocre tactics and mediocre mentality. This has been going on for a long, long time but some on here are too clueless to accept it.

Why? because failing to beat a Championship side to get to a Cup final, along with the LC semi will prove that they are mediocre.  It would be foolish to sack a manager who got the club to a cup final, and a semi, and top of the league for a while.

Anyway you and me don't get to make that decision or what makes that decision. Budge does.

16 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Only a matter of time before even the most ardent Levein fan turns:

1 - When Hibs go above us (probably next week).

2 - When Hibs pump us in the next derby.

3 - ICT knock us out the cup.

Given that Levein can’t explain why we were shite today please just feck off, preferably before 1,2 and 3.

This is a huge huge concern. 

However we are still within touching distance of killie  and Aberdeen which is incredible really. 

I just dont don’t see any progress whatsoever. We are no better than last season in my opinion. And we we were rank last year as well. 

Forever Hearts

If he loves Hearts as much as he says he does then his resignation should be sitting on Ann Budge's desk first thing Monday morning. Unfortunately his ego won't allow it. 

Enzo Chiefo
8 minutes ago, 1874Gorgie1874 said:

I’m sure budge mentioned he’d go back upstairs when he’s done managing. So it won’t be getting much better any time soon 

She will need to change her plans 

To think we are going into a semi final/final with a free pass and this is how the fans are thinking.

Ms Budge, do the right thing.

6 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

You honestly think we are playing like a team fighting relegation?

what fight do we have in us exactly?

bunch of pussies who lack any real desire or fight.

No I meant we are playing like we are the worst team in the league. 

John Gentleman

Didn't he say much the same thing last season or is age catching up with me?

I doubt any club in country would sack a manager heading into a Semi Final of the cup and only a few points away from the target European place set at the beginning of the season. 

Take a deep breath lads Ffs. 

Enzo Chiefo
15 minutes ago, Section Q said:

This is as good an argument as any against ex players, especially legendary ones, going on to manage the club. They get far too much slack cut by some fans who are still infatuated by their playing abilities.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic