Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

This thread is becoming an absolute disgrace with posters making up blatant lies to suit their agendas. 

Not sure if that is against JKB rules but it should be.

Point out one of the lies? 

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

4 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

This thread is becoming an absolute disgrace with posters making up blatant lies to suit their agendas. 

Not sure if that is against JKB rules but it should be.

As soon as you stopped your vigil all hell  broke loose. 

Edited by GinRummy

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Al, the coaches are the constant issue, nothing changes until new ideas are implemented. On the subject of player fitness I suggest you look at the line ups we fielded in the league cup group struggles. The only player guaranteed a start unavailable was Naismith and we also looked as unimpressive in games where Berra didn't play. 

Souttar and Haring were also unavailable. Had we signed Washington, Whelan, Walker and Damour? Were they all match fit? A number of others building match fitness after injury or layoff and others bedding in. Youngsters were tried out. Aberdeen and Hibs were similarly unimpressive.

Using the LC qualifiers as an indicator is nonsense. Didn’t we bomb out of the LC at the first stage under Burley and Neilson in two otherwise great seasons?

Leven has actually taken the LC seriously for a change. Strange stick to beat him with.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, FruitJuice said:

No it's not nonsense!  Our coaching set up was supposed to be about signing players and improving them and that hasn't happened.  In five years we haven't sold a player and made a profit, apart from Sow.  Who out of the players that we have signed from lower league Scottish clubs have went on to do well for us?  I cant name one, and if we haven't improved any players that we have signed in that period then it doesn't say much for our coaches. 

Can anyone in here name any player that has become better with our coaches?  

How many other teams have sold a player for serious money? 

Sow for us. Lafferty? 

Mcginn for Hibs 

Killie  boy to rangers. 

Motherwell - guy to celtic. 

Aberdeen - Hayes? 

It's not that common. 

If you expect us to be rolling off £3m players left right and centre then I do not know what to tell you tbh. 

I'd say injuries have kept Souttar here as well. 

Hickey is very Likley to be the next. 

So, again being relative  to our league we are on par. 

A couple of big transfers.

I named 3 players who I felt have improved. 

I really don't get your point at all. 

Whatever it is, it is probably secondary to our poor form and league position in determining CL's future tho so with that in mind I'll end my part in this. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Point out one of the lies? 

Locke had a better record as manager than CL is the whopper on this thread tbh. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Sow for us. Lafferty? 

Mcginn for Hibs 

Killie  boy to rangers. 

Aberdeen - Hayes? 

It's not that common. 

If you expect us to be rolling off £3m players left right and centre then I do not know what to tell you tbh. 

Whatever it is, it is probably secondary to our poor form and league position in determining CL's future tho so with that in mind I'll end my part in this. 

I said apart from Sow.  I'll give you lafferty as we made a profit.  My main point is about profit, it's about us signing players from lower league Scottish clubs and them then doing well for us. It would show that our coaching set up aren't producing the goods.  I cant remember their names just now but the goal scorer from Queen of the south and the hearts fan from raith.  We haven't benefited from any of these lower league signings.  

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Locke had a better record as manager than CL is the whopper on thid thread tbh. 

We're not comparing their whole careers.  Locke couldn't have done worse with the resources available now.  

11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Sow for us. Lafferty? 

Mcginn for Hibs 

Killie  boy to rangers. 

Aberdeen - Hayes? 

It's not that common. 

I see you began your post with more whataboutery...  

12 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Time wasn't built in a day, but you'd expect after five years, our coaching set up to be good at improving the players that we've signed from other teams.  

There isn't any.  Pretty pathetic. 

2 questions

Do you believe, or not, that we would be a far better team if it contained Haring, Souttar, Halkett, Walker, Naismith and Washington?

You said project players were players from lower leagues.

Who exactly do you mean?

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Souttar and Haring were also unavailable. Had we signed Washington, Whelan, Walker and Damour? Were they all match fit? A number of others building match fitness after injury or layoff and others bedding in. Youngsters were tried out. Aberdeen and Hibs were similarly unimpressive.

Using the LC qualifiers as an indicator is nonsense. Didn’t we bomb out of the LC at the first stage under Burley and Neilson in two otherwise great seasons?

Leven has actually taken the LC seriously for a change. Strange stick to beat him with.

Souttar played the first 3 games of the league cup campaign, Washington and Walker also played. Are you suggesting we need Haring and Naismith for these games? The point I was making and continue to make is that the set up, tactics and lack of coaching any attacking transition is a joke. It doesn't matter whether the opposition are lower league or top flight every game is a struggle. 

Leveins Battalion

After 6 years and a lot of deliberation I have cancelled my pledge to the FOH,my reason for this is that I feel we (the fans) have no representation at the club,no voice,no leader and no one is listening.

The last remaining handfull of supporters of the current regime at Hearts seem to me only be on JKB,in the 'real' world I do not 1 Hearts supporter who is 1 happy and 2 does not want change.

I will still buy my season ticket and support the club,I will support the club financially in terms of merchandise etc .

For me Ann Budge,Craig Levein and the FOH have handled this situation appallingly .

I will re-start my pledge once I believe in them again.(might take some convincing)

Just now, JamboAl said:

2 questions

Do you believe, or not, that we would be a far better team if it contained Haring, Souttar, Halkett, Walker, Naismith and Washington?

You said project players were players from lower leagues.

Who exactly do you mean?

Sorry I've forgot their names but, the goal scorer from queen of the south, the jambo from raith, keatings etc.  Name the players that our coaching set up have improved.  I was asked what point I was trying to make.  It's to show that nothing will change if levein goes back upstairs and we need a complete clear out.

So we haven't improved any of the players that we've signed from other Scottish sides? 

2 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Souttar played the first 3 games of the league cup campaign, Washington and Walker also played. Are you suggesting we need Haring and Naismith for these games? The point I was making and continue to make is that the set up, tactics and lack of coaching any attacking transition is a joke. It doesn't matter whether the opposition are lower league or top flight every game is a struggle

League cup v M'well?

The apologists and excuse makers really need to stand back for a moment, detach from their screens, bin their statto books and go and watch what's being served up.

Hearts had a great chance 5 months ago to lift silverware, but the in action of our CEO meant we were consigned to runners up, don't keep us all weighed down any longer with more what ifs and buts. Olly Lee's left boot or foot kept it going right up to the final on here trying to convince the majority about Levein's credentials, hang out on a Saturday at Tynecastle and witness what's currently going on, that should tell you everything you require about his ability to be successful.

Just now, JamboAl said:

League cup v M'well?

Is that it? One result against Motherwell in the cup is all you can come up with?

We Are shite and have been shite for two and a half years and some fans think that it'll suddenly come good.  There is nothing to show that is the case.  

3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

After 6 years and a lot of deliberation I have cancelled my pledge to the FOH,my reason for this is that I feel we (the fans) have no representation at the club,no voice,no leader and no one is listening.

The last remaining handfull of supporters of the current regime at Hearts seem to me only be on JKB,in the 'real' world I do not 1 Hearts supporter who is 1 happy and 2 does not want change.

I will still buy my season ticket and support the club,I will support the club financially in terms of merchandise etc .

For me Ann Budge,Craig Levein and the FOH have handled this situation appallingly .

I will re-start my pledge once I believe in them again.(might take some convincing)

I think this is the only way the message will get thru. I cancelled during the last international break when it was clear nothing was changing. I’ve heard the argument about the bigger picture  but from the statement and Levein interviews it is purely status quo despite our form over the last year

1 minute ago, thewiseone said:

The apologists and excuse makers really need to stand back for a moment, detach from their screens, bin their statto books and go and watch what's being served up.

Hearts had a great chance 5 months ago to lift silverware, but the in action of our CEO meant we were consigned to runners up, don't keep us all weighed down any longer with more what ifs and buts. Olly Lee's left boot or foot kept it going right up to the final on here trying to convince the majority about Levein's credentials, hang out on a Saturday at Tynecastle and witness what's currently going on, that should tell you everything you require about his ability to be successful.

It's a fecking joke! Our football 'dept' is fecking ru6and still some in here want him to stay in some capacity.  If he had the ability to improve signings you could see something positive, but we can't even do that.  Two decent cup results seem to excuse three years of watching shite!   Sick of our whole club being about what's good for Craig levein.  Any chance they could thin of what's good for the fans.  Ann budge said she would leave if that's what fans wanted, why isn't that the same for levein?  90% want him gone and we dont feckinf matter!  

I'm really starting to hate what he is doing to this club.  He should've been fired the day he said he didn't know what to do.  Just go!

14 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

FOH don't run the club and we are all currently pledging so that by the time next season comes around FOH will be in control of the club.

Sure they have some representation on the board but I would imagine any power they hold at this time will be minimal. They certainly won't be looking to rock the boat at the moment as we are reaching a critical stage of the take over process. 

This time next year FOH will be the primary shareholder in Hearts and that will be the time to protest via withdrawal of pledges etc if the current trend at Tynecastle remains the same. 

10 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Sorry I've forgot their names but, the goal scorer from queen of the south, the jambo from raith, keatings etc.  Name the players that our coaching set up have improved.  I was asked what point I was trying to make.  It's to show that nothing will change if levein goes back upstairs and we need a complete clear out.

So we haven't improved any of the players that we've signed from other Scottish sides? 

But you sidestepped my first question so I'lll give you another crack at it.

On your 2nd part I wonder if you are even a Hearts supporter.  You FORGOT the names of Reilly and Callahan!  Dear me.

They and Keatings were all signed not as project players but to strengthen the squad as we rose from the ashes.  They were probably the best we could afford at the time.  Now, who are these players you talk of?

11 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I think this is the only way the message will get thru. I cancelled during the last international break when it was clear nothing was changing. I’ve heard the argument about the bigger picture  but from the statement and Levein interviews it is purely status quo despite our form over the last year

They are going to ride this out until the handover and it seems we just have to accept it because what levein wants more important than what the fans want.  Even though it's the fans who are funding things.  We no longer matter!  

6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

League cup v M'well?

You mean the one game in the 13 competive games we have played this season. Don't even mention the rest of the league and Cup games this calendar year. The only other games we have been dominant are St Johnstone at home and the Auchinleck Cup tie. Motherwell is unquestionably the best we have played this season yet we still conceded a goal after looking comfortable. The second half we were unimpressive. I cannot remember watching a team that struggles so much to put together 2 consistently good halves of football as the current side. 

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

On your 2nd part I wonder if you are even a Hearts supporter.  You FORGOT the names of Reilly and Callahan!  Dear me.

They and Keatings were all signed not as project players but to strengthen the squad as we rose from the ashes.  They were probably the best we could afford at the time.  Now, who are these players you talk of?

Of course we would've but, as I pointed out, three of them weren't here last season and souttar wasnt injured then.  So that only leaves Naismith out last year.  What 2as the reason for finishing sixth then?  So levein doesn't take any blame for last season?  We are shite and have been so fir two years.  

8 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

It’s Callachan mate. 

Cant believe you got his name wrong. You must not be a Hearts fan either!!! 

17 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I just couldn't remember them.  You think I'd be putting this effort in if I supported another team? Feck off! Better things to do than spend this much time posting about a team I don't support.  That's the players I'm talking about.  We never improved any of them through our wonderful coaching team.  

So we haven't improved any of them? We need a complete change now.  No back up the stairs,  just completely out of the picture.  If we improved the players we signed I could see an argument for keeping him/them on but there are none.

41 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Does Haring play just now?  In place of Whelan? Damour?   What we’ve done is add options to that position. Not all of those players will start at once.   Halkett was playing just a few weeks ago in a toiling team.

Walker, Naismith and Washington all started v RC and we were well off it.  

We have a lot of good players but they need new voices to hear, new ideas, a manager who can see through the mist and make these guys tick the way they should.  It’s not them, it’s the guidance behind them. Nothing clicks the way it should and I’m afraid, for right or wrong reasons, the situation is too poisonous now. 

When that infects the support and vibe of a club there’s only one thing to do. Quite often there’s no going back. 

Naismith was taken off at HT.  He was ineffective and maybe he should never have played but that's hindsight.

I do agree it was a dreadful performance.

Re your 1st sentence, yes we have signed Whelan and Damour but I would prefer Haring to either of them as they try to settle into our League.  Damour has been directly responsible for 2 goals lost and seems to struggle with ftrness issues at this stage.  I haven't quite got the Whalen love-in just yet but maybe that will come.

27 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Is that it? One result against Motherwell in the cup is all you can come up with?

We Are shite and have been shite for two and a half years and some fans think that it'll suddenly come good.  There is nothing to show that is the case.  

You said EVERY game!

2 minutes ago, rick witter said:

It’s Callachan mate. 

Cant believe you got his name wrong. You must not be a Hearts fan either!!! 

Maybe I couldn't remember their names because they never dine anything worthwhile.  Are we only down to three posters defending levein? 

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

You said EVERY game!

Ok, you win  we were good against Motherwell.  Give them all ten year contracts.  A wee bit desperately pedantic there?

I would ask any Hearts supporter to not stop their FOH subs.

Focus anywhere but here as a protest.

Because the FOH is long term 

It's bad but it's not an emergency and no where near imo stopping that payment.

Take it easy lads.

4 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Maybe I couldn't remember their names because they never dine anything worthwhile.  Are we only down to three posters defending levein? 

4 8 think.

One has a suspicious name 

One wanted hibs to win the cup

One is away with it

And the others no to bad

10 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Of course we would've but, as I pointed out, three of them weren't here last season and souttar wasnt injured then.  So that only leaves Naismith out last year.  What 2as the reason for finishing sixth then?  So levein doesn't take any blame for last season?  We are shite and have been so fir two years.  

Did you forget to say who were these project players you talk of?

Are you arguing about

a) the failure to advance project players?

or

b) Levein's culpability for last season?

or

c) something totally different?

16 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Did you forget to say who were these project players you talk of?

Are you arguing about

a) the failure to advance project players?

or

b) Levein's culpability for last season?

or

c) something totally different?

JamboAl is now the king of the Fanboys. He’s taken over from the boy who wants Hibs to win cups. There’s no way on earth he can go to the games and come out with the pish he spouts. 

1 minute ago, Hercules said:

JamboAl is now the king of the Fanboys. He’s taken over from the boy who wants Hibs to win cups. There’s no way on earth he can go to the games and come out with the pish he spouts. 

You don't have too many posts,

Just saying.

I thought you might even post on the subject but I suppose that is the nature of the man.

You couldn't make it up. 

You have folk bleating like children day after day, then you have people "supposedly" cancelling their FOH subscriptions and the tune changes and all of a sudden it's "not an emergency" and people should "take it easy".

Hopefully the pragmatists will save the day.

26 minutes ago, jake said:

I would ask any Hearts supporter to not stop their FOH subs.

Focus anywhere but here as a protest.

Because the FOH is long term 

It's bad but it's not an emergency and no where near imo stopping that payment.

Take it easy lads.

I got shot down last night for suggesting this would happen. We’re a couple of defeats away from this being the course of action many start to take to show their displeasure. Not because we’re rubbish and fans are that fickle but because they are so frustrated they feel it’s the only message the board will take notice of. 

Like you I’ve said not too and think about the potential consequences long term but I can certainly understand a lot of the frustrations.

27 minutes ago, jake said:

4 8 think.

One is away with it

And the others no to bad

It's the last line that makes it.  Brilliant!

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, jake said:

4 8 think.

One is away with it

And the others no to bad

Must be 5.

You missed the one that is Intelligent, funny, handsome and is a extremely skilled lover. 

😎

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

I got shot down last night for suggesting this would happen. We’re a couple of defeats away from this being the course of action many start to take to show their displeasure. Not because we’re rubbish and fans are that fickle but because they are so frustrated they feel it’s the only message the board will take notice of. 

Like you I’ve said not too and think about the potential consequences long term but I can certainly understand a lot of the frustrations.

Perhaps you got shot down because you are part of the problem. Have you considered that?

7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You don't have too many posts,

Just saying.

I thought you might even post on the subject but I suppose that is the nature of the man.

Posts on here are a gauge of exactly what, JamboAl ?

1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

Perhaps you got shot down because you are part of the problem. Have you considered that?

Oh the irony.

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Must be 5.

You missed the one that is Intelligent, funny, handsome and is a extremely skilled lover. 

😎

You outed me as a levein hater months ago so it couldn't be that one...

Cancelling FoH subs. 

:cornette_dog:

Kind of ‘I want regime change so I’ll do the thing that will mean the regime is in place for a bit longer than planned’.  Assuming there was a sub to cancel in the first place, of course.

3 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

You outed me as a levein hater months ago so it couldn't be that one...

Months ago?

You signed up on September the 4th.

Just now, Haken said:

Cancelling FoH subs. 

:cornette_dog:

Kind of ‘I want regime change so I’ll do the thing that will mean the regime is in place for a bit longer than planned’.  Assuming there was a sub to cancel in the first place, of course.

You calling the poster a liar?  Maybe some fans are just frustrated funding the club but getting treated like they don't matter.  For a club that is getting as much money as they do from fans, there aren't really making them feel part of it. Everyone's got a breaking point. 

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Must be 5.

😎

Forgot about you bud

Just now, Morgan said:

Months ago?

You signed up on September the 4th.

It was a joke!  Have you just checked my profile because of a joke? Sake! 

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Several of the “new” low post count levein defence committee  don’t do irony eh! 

Don't do or do do?

"levein defence committee" indeed. Hilarious, in a childish kind of way.

Anyway I thought it was the Levein Defence Force? Is there more than one faction on the go?

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic