Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

14 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Here's a scenario for you all. 

Scotland are sitting on 1 win and 4 defeats in a qualifying campaign.

Scotland are sitting behind Cyprus and Kazakhstan in the table.

Scotland have scored 5 and conceded 17 sitting with a GD of -12.

Now imagine CL is the manager instead of Steve Clarke. 

What do you think the reaction would be?

Our campaign got off to a shocker under McCleish and was never going to recover.  Steve Clarke will be given time just like Levein did. Rightly so.  

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

4 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Notts is ITK,conversations have taken place 🤣🤣🤣 Exclusive.

It was said firmly in jest........of course conversations have taken place😂😂😂

The club plant stuff always makes me smile though.

9 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Jeez are you for real. 

I think you'll find that the majority of the hate speech, vitriol and disdain is coming from the Levein and Budge haters. Christ, just in the last couple of days on here CL has been referred to as a cancer, it has been suggested that physical violence is appropriate and that they are killing the club.

And you wonder why some people might take offence at that kind of behaviour?

And then you have those same "supporters" who are purported to love the club thinking up various ways of hurting the club and disrupting the team?

I think you're barking up the wrong tree.

I think you’re letting a few roasters cloud your thinking, mate.

I would say the majority of fans who are dissenting don’t hate anyone, only that CL is not the man to take us forward and should have left after the cup final. 

I would say CL is hurting the club as much as any pissed off fans staying away. Neither is intentional, both doing what they think is right.

Bazzas right boot
43 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Here's a scenario for you all. 

Scotland are sitting on 1 win and 4 defeats in a qualifying campaign.

Scotland are sitting behind Cyprus and Kazakhstan in the table.

Scotland have scored 5 and conceded 17 sitting with a GD of -12.

Now imagine CL is the manager instead of Steve Clarke. 

What do you think the reaction would be?

See the source image

Bazzas right boot
48 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Jeez are you for real. 

I think you'll find that the majority of the hate speech, vitriol and disdain is coming from the Levein and Budge haters. Christ, just in the last couple of days on here CL has been referred to as a cancer, it has been suggested that physical violence is appropriate and that they are killing the club.

And then you have those same "supporters" who are purported to love the club thinking up various ways of hurting the club and disrupting the team?

TBF that is a few posters on here, a select 8-10 posters or so that are rabid, many have been banned and then reformed, likely several times.

Posters that have been on here less than a few months attempting to wind me up,  some which happened 4 years ago.

Most are just concerned fans doing what they think is correct.

Boycotting, not attending etc is not my game but some seem to think it will force change that they think is in the best interests of the club. ( rightly or wrongly)

I've also found jkb a far better place since placing a few wind up merchants on ignore, most of the discussions have been quite constructive and light in nature and I've avoided the tit for tat nonsense that certain folk seem to be on here to ensure happens on every thread.

Even with folk that are in disagreement, the odd joke gets  thrown in now and then.

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
36 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

It was said firmly in jest........of course conversations have taken place😂😂😂

The club plant stuff always makes me smile though.

See the source image

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
38 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Our campaign got off to a shocker under McCleish and was never going to recover.  Steve Clarke will be given time just like Levein did. Rightly so.  

Hopefully he can make big changes in the transfer window......

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sorry to be a pedant but it was the Czech Republic , it became that in 1993 ,nearly 20 years before Levein as usual thought he was more clever than everyone else. Are you related?

You're clearly not sorry or you wouldn't have done it. You got my gist which is the main thing.

No, I don't think I'm related to you, not unless you're a daffodil, I'm a plant don't you know.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

You're clearly not sorry or you wouldn't have done it. You got my gist which is the main thing.

No, I don't think I'm related to you, not unless you're a daffodil, I'm a plant don't you know.

You didn’t get my point, I meant related to Levein 🙈😃. Sorry, not sorry 😃.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Because that's what I said?

Lets sign every player that scores a goal v us, let's sign the east Fife  lad too. 

This place is bat shit mental. 

You said he’s never scored in the top flight, he has scored against top flight teams. Cummings had never scored in the top flight and plenty of teams wanted him.I didn’t say we should sign him, just compared him to three injury prone guys on more money in our squad. Who knows where this boy will end up. I think it’s fair to ask if we might’ve had taken a chance on him last summer or the one before where we bought Wighton for the same fee it would've cost.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You said he’s never scored in the top flight, he has scored against top flight teams. Cummings had never scored in the top flight and plenty of teams wanted him.I didn’t say we should sign him, just compared him to three injury prone guys on more money in our squad. Who knows where this boy will end up. I think it’s fair to ask if we might’ve had taken a chance on him last summer or the one before where we bought Wighton for the same fee it would've cost.

So you are just arguing for the sake of it?

What a long winded way to say nothing tbh.

Yes, who knows where he will end up. We can agree on that.

1 hour ago, Spoleto said:

Jeez are you for real. 

Levein to a tee.

As for the rest, no one is suggesting physical violence and you know it. The post about physically removing Levein from the dugout was in jest. @Ron Burgundy's reference to cancer in his post was used as a turn of phrase rather than any comparison to the actual disease but, again, the few who pounced on it, knew that too, and pounced anyway.

Very few are "Levein and Budge haters". It suits posters like yourself to claim otherwise as it suggests that their discontent is personal or petty and can therefore be discarded as such. In reality, most supporters just hate the road, down which our beloved club is being driven, by a coach who can't drive and a back seat driver who's backing him to the hilt all the way to the inevitable car crash.

You might be happy or, if not, content to sit on your hands doing nothing, but many despair at the precious time and resources being wasted when we could be doing so much better if not hamstrung by a lame duck coach.

Forget the injuries for a moment, give yourself a shake and look at the bigger picture.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Which 3 are they?

What money were they on and how much did Cummings rake in?

25 minutes ago, martoon said:

Levein to a tee.

As for the rest, no one is suggesting physical violence and you know it. The post about physically removing Levein from the dugout was in jest. @Ron Burgundy's reference to cancer in his post was used as a turn of phrase rather than any comparison to the actual disease but, again, the few who pounced on it, knew that too, and pounced anyway.

Very few are "Levein and Budge haters". It suits posters like yourself to claim otherwise as it suggests that their discontent is personal or petty and can therefore be discarded as such. In reality, most supporters just hate the road, down which our beloved club is being driven, by a coach who can't drive and a back seat driver who's backing him to the hilt all the way to the inevitable car crash.

You might be happy or, if not, content to sit on your hands doing nothing, but many despair at the precious time and resources being wasted when we could be doing so much better if not hamstrung by a lame duck coach.

Forget the injuries for a moment, give yourself a shake and look at the bigger picture.

In jest? You obviously find humour in different places to me, there's been nothing even remotely funny about some of the posts on here. 

Forget the injuries? 

The injuries ARE the bigger picture. I suggest that you take your own advice and give yourself a shake.

2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

In jest? You obviously find humour in different places to me, there's been nothing even remotely funny about some of the posts on here. 

Forget the injuries? 

The injuries ARE the bigger picture. I suggest that you take your own advice and give yourself a shake.

Your posts are always funny.

You are the kickback clown for the month of October.

6 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Forget the injuries? 

Injuries are an issue, of course they are. I doubt anyone would argue that they haven't had an effect but would you not concede, even a little, that Levein's tactics and the consistently dreadful performances of the team suggest that there are other issues? Don't you think that we should still be playing a lot better and achieving better results with the players available?

9 minutes ago, Guffers said:

Yep, spot on for me. Think everyone can see that. Spoleto and Smith’s are best ignored. Wind up merchants (at best). ‘Smith’ not understanding the ‘batshit mental’ dig at him above says all you need to know about the IQ of these two plums.

Spoleto has just woken up from a 10 year coma.

Levein back on his usual chat. 

Naismith might be back for Rangers league game if all goes well. 

Covering himself nicely in case it doesn't come about AGAIN.

Must have learned from the Souttar lie fest from last week. 

That one even a pissed off a fair few players who knew the truth about Souttars operation last Friday. 

Haring could be back for the same game. No mention of Uche who only had a tight hamstring for the killie game.😏

No mention of Walker at all. 

That feeling of Deja vu once again flooding over me. 

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

Dusk_Till_Dawn
14 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

That one even a pissed off a fair few players who knew the truth about Souttars operation last Friday. 

Haring could be back for the same game. No mention of Uche who only had a tight hamstring for the killie game.😏

He’s just saying whatever mate. Total impunity at Tynecastle so it doesn’t matter. Blah fecking blah.

43 minutes ago, martoon said:

Injuries are an issue, of course they are. I doubt anyone would argue that they haven't had an effect but would you not concede, even a little, that Levein's tactics and the consistently dreadful performances of the team suggest that there are other issues? Don't you think that we should still be playing a lot better and achieving better results with the players available?

I think we've been inconsistent for sure, but again that has to come down to injuries. Look back to the Killie game - we had the possession, we created enough chances to win it and we get a sucker punch from a header that should never have been allowed to happen.

Levein isn't tinkering - he's hardly ever been able to field the same team two games in a row. 

We have had games were we've played some decent stuff. I've lost count of the number of times we've lost or drawn games because of ridiculous individual errors - that's not down to Levein. 

Of course I'm not happy, nobody is, but I'm not going to wet my pants over it. If we have a few of our key players back and performances and results don't improve then that is the time to take action, not now. 

Apart from anything else what decent manager are we likely to attract at the moment? It would be a poisoned chalice. Do we dump CL only to replace him with like, or worse?

My hope is that CL and AB are working in the background to find a quality manager to come in at the end of the season - that's what I'd be working on if I was them and I'm confident that is what they are doing.

16 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

The feeling of deja vu is there alright - from reading another one of your posts which says absolutely nothing.

9 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I think we've been inconsistent for sure, but again that has to come down to injuries. Look back to the Killie game - we had the possession, we created enough chances to win it and we get a sucker punch from a header that should never have been allowed to happen.

Levein isn't tinkering - he's hardly ever been able to field the same team two games in a row. 

We have had games were we've played some decent stuff. I've lost count of the number of times we've lost or drawn games because of ridiculous individual errors - that's not down to Levein. 

Of course I'm not happy, nobody is, but I'm not going to wet my pants over it. If we have a few of our key players back and performances and results don't improve then that is the time to take action, not now. 

Apart from anything else what decent manager are we likely to attract at the moment? It would be a poisoned chalice. Do we dump CL only to replace him with like, or worse?

My hope is that CL and AB are working in the background to find a quality manager to come in at the end of the season - that's what I'd be working on if I was them and I'm confident that is what they are doing.

My hope is Craig Levein has ZERO input into new manager choice.

5 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Levein should be nowhere near the recruitment of any new manager!!!

1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

Your posts are always funny.

You are the kickback clown for the month of October.

And there you go with the personal abuse again. 

It's a shame that you can't vocabularise your feelings in a more constructive way.

1 minute ago, Gambo said:

My hope is Craig Levein has ZERO input into new manager choice.

Why? 

Do you not think he knows more about football management than you do?

Who honestly cares if there have been meetings? What difference does it make if he hasn’t actually been sacked? He will get chance after chance as has been proved.

Utterly fed up with this regime and the lack of appetite for change on the park.

7 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Why? 

His last appointment was Ian Cathro. 

20 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He’s just saying whatever mate. Total impunity at Tynecastle so it doesn’t matter. Blah fecking blah.

He is actually a bare faced liar, bud. 

18 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

The feeling of deja vu is there alright - from reading another one of your posts which says absolutely nothing.

OK my friend explain what you know of the situation regarding Souttars operation and what our manager said about it. 

Really interested in that one. 

Also amazed you have lasted this long with your constant trolling. 

As you will be aware I am not the only one who wonders why you are still on JKB. 

Pretty shi*e chat on Hibs. net. at the moment I am presuming. 🤔

43 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Meant to say the players knew about the Souttars operation the Friday before the St Mirren game. 

Guest ToqueJambo
16 hours ago, Spoleto said:

That's a tricky one. 

I would probably opt for Clarke, he did do a remarkable job at Killie. 

The downside is that he is 56. I would hope that our next manager would have a few years less on the clock.

In saying that he's not covering himself in glory so far with Scotland is he? 

Leveins record for Scotland wasn't actually bad but he will always carry the stigma of the game against Czechoslovakia

I would have been interested to see how Clarke handled managing a bigger club like us. I suspect he’ll disappear for years after the inevitable punting from scotland, like most managers including Levein.

In any case Clarke isn’t exactly covering himself in glory. Dare I say it but a Levein Scotland side may not have won these games but probably wouldn’t have shipped so many goals.

Clarke so far is also making some strange selections - dropping odonnell vs russia, picking brophy then discarding him completely, randomly dropping mcginn and fraser, sticking with a goalie who is hemorrhaging goals  - and correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t he just pick a scotland team with no strikers a la Levein?

24 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

And there you go with the personal abuse again. 

It's a shame that you can't vocabularise your feelings in a more constructive way.

You bring out the worst in me.

Allowayjambo1874
8 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

OK my friend explain what you know of the situation regarding Souttars operation and what our manager said about it. 

Really interested in that one. 

Also amazed you have lasted this long with your constant trolling. 

As you will be aware I am not the only one who wonders why you are still on JKB. 

Pretty shi*e chat on Hibs. net. at the moment I am presuming. 🤔

100%.  how this guy continues to be allowed to remain on this forum beggars belief can you imagine this type of posting on dot.net or bearsden? Launched within seconds yet on here it’s allowed to go on and on. 

Come on admin how can you allow one poster to agitate and upset so many members without action? 

47 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Why? 

I'm not putting myself forward to pick the next manager.

Neither should the person who is failing in the managers job just now.

33 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

100%.  how this guy continues to be allowed to remain on this forum beggars belief can you imagine this type of posting on dot.net or bearsden? Launched within seconds yet on here it’s allowed to go on and on. 

Come on admin how can you allow one poster to agitate and upset so many members without action? 

You do have to wonder eh.

Scotland are shit and even when we were decent we were still pretty poor on the big main stage. Don't see how talking about Clark has anything to do with how levein is doing at our club, strange that its come to a completely irrelevant comparison. Is it some kind of last line in defense of him?

1 hour ago, Spoleto said:

Fair enough, Spoleto.  I don't agree with all you've said above but it's a viewpoint well made. Happy to leave it there. :)

47 minutes ago, martoon said:

Fair enough, Spoleto.  I don't agree with all you've said above but it's a viewpoint well made. Happy to leave it there. :)

👍

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

I'm not putting myself forward to pick the next manager.

Neither should the person who is failing in the managers job just now.

Really? The DoF shouldn't be involved in recruiting the new manager?

How strange!

1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

You do have to wonder eh.

I know eh!

Imagine having to consider that other people may have different opinions and points of view to you.

I get it - I should be banned because you don't agree with me.

1 hour ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

👍👍

30 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Really? The DoF shouldn't be involved in recruiting the new manager?

How strange!

He won’t be the Dof for long either though thankfully.

29 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I know eh!

Imagine having to consider that other people may have different opinions and points of view to you.

I get it - I should be banned because you don't agree with me.

You continually have a go with your snide remarks at people for having a different opinion and point of view from you.

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

You continually have a go with your snide remarks at people for having a different opinion and point of view from you.

There's another poster on this thread with an almost identical posting style.

3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

There's another poster on this thread with an almost identical posting style.

There’s a few.

pettigrewsstylist
14 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I saw him score against a top league side a few months back, had two chances and scored one. Washington, Uche and Walker had about 6 between them and missed them all 🤷🏾‍♂️?

😂😂😂 Booooom!!

pettigrewsstylist
3 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Shhh,, the majority are meant to be fooled by the spin doctor merry go round. 

Another fortnight bought cheaply.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic