Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

Jam tomorrow honestly.

Big craig loves and bleeds the Hearts.

6 months isnae that long

Injuries an that ken .

It's an absolute disgrace the way hes allowed to continue this utter incompetence .

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

2 hours ago, McCrae said:

AB is showing a complete lack of leadership. 

Is there any example of her showing strong leadership? Fair enough emptying some of the arseholes in our support but the stadium was a farce albeit the end product is tremendous but cost us extra millions we don't have, and the coaching staff have the easiest ride in football. 

In any other form of employment it would almost feel like the staff are taking the piss out of her.

2 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

What game was that, which we won?

If you were there then you would know.

Which you weren't, so you don't know.

Any more questions you would like to ask?

What's the weather like tomorrow?

What's for tea?

You really need to do one.

Tynecastle used to be a fortress, particularly under levein in his first stint. Now it's a dream venue for nearly every team in the league. It's a disgrace. I have nothing against levein personally but he is a busted flush - his time is so clearly up and in order to move forward, he needs to go. 

Its a disgrace. But Budge has made it clear she won't act. 

This isn't changing folks. Levein won't turn this around either. 

Cheers Ann. Well and truly sucked any joy I have with football out. 

wattie exploited
34 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Wattie, your posts just aren't the same without :sterb032:or :rifle:.

Is the motivation-less crap we're going through getting to you, too?

ahaha it sure is and am thick skinned  but it is so depression now :rifle::rifle::rifle::rifle:

Just now, OTT said:

Its a disgrace. But Budge has made it clear she won't act. 

This isn't changing folks. Levein won't turn this around either. 

Cheers Ann. Well and truly sucked any joy I have with football out. 

He's like a terminal illness. Slowly killing the club and won't leave.

Horrible mess we are in, because the structure at the top couldn't be made up.

Seriously how can we get rid of this Stubborn fool of a manager cause he ain’t going to step down that’s for sure. Budge isn’t going to remove him either so how can we get our wish for him to go 

Do we plan mass walkouts .... desperate for him to go now this is beyond a joke 

Just now, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

He's like a terminal illness. Slowly killing the club and won't leave.

Horrible mess we are in, because the structure at the top couldn't be made up.

I honestly don't know what to say anymore. Are the rest of the directors so utterly spineless that they aren't pushing for his dismissal or has Budge got them so well tuned they won't even ask for it? 

I was going to stick our attendances since Levein took over into a chart to make some point about how his continued mediocrity is hurting us, but honestly, whats the point? Attendances in non big games in 2017 were around 17k, now they're down to 15k. The man is driving fans away. 

I wish he'd just step down and let someone come in and start afresh. The quicker we see the backs of his shitehouse coaching staff the better.

1 minute ago, NB GIN said:

Seriously how can we get rid of this Stubborn fool of a manager cause he ain’t going to step down that’s for sure. Budge isn’t going to remove him either so how can we get our wish for him to go 

Do we plan mass walkouts .... desperate for him to go now this is beyond a joke 

I've no idea mate but its bloody depressing. 

I think the whole "empty seats" idea is the only way the club are going to listen to us. Unfortunately I don't think enough people would get onboard with it. 

I dont think it's right that the how can we get rid of Levein was merged with his time is up.

It's obvious to anyone with an ounce of football nous that Leveins time is up and has been for 6 months.

So how do we get rid of him should have been a separate thread.

He sorted out defending in the last international break.  What is Cowdenbeath's worst ever manager Foxy going to work on with our players this time?

peebles jambo

The victories over hubs and the sheep just papered over the cracks, until he goes we are going to keep churning out utter crap week in week out

Handofgod2015
2 minutes ago, peebles jambo said:

The victories over hubs and the sheep just papered over the cracks, until he goes we are going to keep churning out utter crap week in week out

Nah.......we’re just about there man.....think we’ll come good soon. 😂

He is a master at ruining players that’s for sure

Any respect I had is gone now 

He isnt putting our club first he is putting his wages first and foremost couldn’t give a toss about the club 

There is zero chance he will get another job anywhere he is finished so won’t resign

The fact that killie have beaten us three times at tynecastle in a year shows that nothing has or will change. 

57 minutes ago, dougal said:

You just have to take a look at Millwall. Neil Harris a Millwall legend, resigned this week after their poor start to the season. And in the first game since that they beat Leeds. The guy like Levein loves his club but he was clever enough to know that he'd done all he can and for the good of the team he stepped down. That's what a manager who loves his team does. Their poor run of results hasn't been going on for more than year either, yet he recognised that he could be putting them into trouble if he stayed.

No he jumped before he was shoved! Look I am not defending CL I know  it is time he was gone BUT managers do not normally resign the get out when it suits them and wait until they decide to leave by mutual agreement... ie sacked by agreement! The thing is that CL it would appear is under no pressure from his line manager AB if he was then things would probably be different. I do not see him packing it in and as far as I can see she does not know how to sack him.

That’s the ones who turn up to see us out sung ,out thought , and out fought , in a sterile Tynecastle week in week out. Who leave the match with their heads down, demoralised , drained of anger and the will to live. They keep quiet and pay their dues into the biggest fan ownership scheme in the UK but have zero influence.

A CEO and Manager who mirror each other’s arrogance , who’ve buttoned down the hatch and are now mired in failure. Justifying the inexcusable with each press release. 

How much bloody worse is this going to get?

been here before

At times today, thanks to that Kilmarnock strip (socks apart), I pretended we were playing Brazil.

In the 2nd half I imagined no 14 for Kilmarnock was Carlos Alberto.

3 minutes ago, Rannoch said:

That’s the ones who turn up to see us out sung ,out thought , and out fought , in a sterile Tynecastle week in week out. Who leave the match with their heads down, demoralised , drained of anger and the will to live. They keep quiet and pay their dues into the biggest fan ownership scheme in the UK but have zero influence.

A CEO and Manager who mirror each other’s arrogance , who’ve buttoned down the hatch and are now mired in failure. Justifying the inexcusable with each press release. 

21 posts in and you're expounding this. Hmmm, I wonder...

What I would definitely like to see is a hatch with buttons though. I don't think it would stand up to a good storm at sea however.

Decent turnout today, probably on the back of three games unbeaten. Even my pre-match bar of choice was busier than it has been so far this season. And the crowd was patient; extremely responsive and encouraging when given anything at all to cheer.

But there’s nothing there. Absolutely nothing. I can cope with it. But you worry about young kids who’re being dragged along to these non-events. The supporters of the future. What is their lifestyle choice going to be once they’re old enough to decide for themselves?

3 minutes ago, Rannoch said:

Good post mate, that sums it up for many of us. Anger has dissipated and we are resigned to it being like this every week. Depressing. 

5 minutes ago, Forza Cuore said:

Yep that's me. Not going to the semi final. Fuxk it.

Me neither, my son doesn't want to go thank god! 

41 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

Tynecastle used to be a fortress, particularly under levein in his first stint. Now it's a dream venue for nearly every team in the league. It's a disgrace. I have nothing against levein personally but he is a busted flush - his time is so clearly up and in order to move forward, he needs to go. 

Nice pitch, under motivated home team, negative system, diluted home support watching their P’s and Q’s.

Perfect for the visiting side. 

8 minutes ago, Forza Cuore said:

Neither me not going back had enough 

49 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Is there any example of her showing strong leadership? Fair enough emptying some of the arseholes in our support but the stadium was a farce albeit the end product is tremendous but cost us extra millions we don't have, and the coaching staff have the easiest ride in football. 

In any other form of employment it would almost feel like the staff are taking the piss out of her.

The rescue of our club is the one area we have seen her demonstrate good leadership. 

13 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

No he jumped before he was shoved! Look I am not defending CL I know  it is time he was gone BUT managers do not normally resign the get out when it suits them and wait until they decide to leave by mutual agreement... ie sacked by agreement! The thing is that CL it would appear is under no pressure from his line manager AB if he was then things would probably be different. I do not see him packing it in and as far as I can see she does not know how to sack him.

The only one who I can recall doing so was Gordon Strachan who waived his right to compensation from Boro and resigned because, to paraphrase him he had not "done a good enough job and I don't deserve it". If only Levein had the same level of humility as Strachan. 

Just now, suds66 said:

Didn't take my nephew today, not sure if by doing so would constitute some kind of child cruelty!!!

It would have taught him fortitude in the face of adversity. ;)

He might not have wanted to go back though.

The Future's Maroon

I’ll get shot down for this I know, but for CL to keep some credibility with the fans he needs to resign as manager, accept and admit it isn’t and hasn’t been working. 

Stay with the club as say Academy manager or something similar, not DoF either as any new manager will just get classed as a puppet.

I like Craig, as a person, but this is ruining his reputation with Hearts.

Go for the advertise the job, interview and select best candidate for the job to do it their own way.

Levein has rebuilt the academy and has done that very well, it’s what he is good at.

Edited by The Future's Maroon

6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The only one who I can recall doing so was Gordon Strachan who waived his right to compensation from Boro and resigned because, to paraphrase him he had not "done a good enough job and I don't deserve it". If only Levein had the same level of humility as Strachan. 

Levein will not go quietly that’s for sure!

i just don't see Budge sacking him and there is the question of who comes in, don't need a dud like heckingbottom and a Robinson would cost. 

You've got to wonder how bad it has to get before Ann gets a wake up call and dons her business head.

She oversees a manager who, had he any dignity and self respect, would just go now.

If he can't do it on his own as it is , she should at least make the transition easy for him.

Biggest disconnect with the fans I've ever witnessed, and that's including the dark days in the 70s.

Edited by Busby8

Clerry Jambo
7 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

I’ll get shot down for this I know, but for CL to keep some credibility with the fans he needs to resign as manager, accept and admit it isn’t and hasn’t been working. 

Stay with the club as say Academy manager or something similar, not DoF either as any new manager will just get classed as a puppet.

Go for the advertise the job, interview and select best candidate for the job to do it their own way.

Levein has rebuilt the academy and has done that very well, it’s what he is good at.

100% spot on

28 minutes ago, Rannoch said:

post of the week. 👍

27 minutes ago, Forza Cuore said:

No point - Levein won’t lay a glove on Rangers!

27 minutes ago, Forza Cuore said:

Must admit, I'm starting to have seconds thoughrs about going. No doubt will but £35 to watch an insipid, gutless performance...it's a big ask. Levein's already pathetic record against Rangers doesn't help either.

Due to family commitments I usually end up missing one home game a season but wherever i have been in the world, the phone and the internet are checked constantly. Today was this seasons day.

I saw the team at 2pm and didn’t check it again till after 5pm. After the better part of 30 yrs as a season ticket holder. I just cant be bothered with it all at the moments. The talk from the boardroom is dire, the apathy from the coaches and the team is shocking. Even in the relegation season the guys at least looked it meant something. I find myself now suffering with that same apathy. I look at fixtures and expect a defeat. Can’t blame Levein for stupid individual mistakes on the pitch but he needs to take the blame for poor scouting/player purchases/tactics

29 minutes ago, Forza Cuore said:

I’m going. No idea why. Normally it’s more in hope than expectation against the arse cheeks at Hampden, but this time there’s no hope. It’ll be the usual training game for Rangers after 20 minutes.

Hope lunch is good.

On 23/02/2019 at 17:18, Bauld said:

Levein needs to find something. 

We have the players. It's **** all to do with width and formations etc. 

The players aren't playing with ideas. We don't need players who can sprint like Bolt we have players good enough to make the ball do the work. Pace is good and it's always a handy thing to have. We have some quick players. 

We should be able to win the ball back in our own box and put it in the opposition goal in 2-3 passes. No real pace required just an accuracy and an urgency to complete the move. 

First 8-10 games this season we weren't brilliant but we played with a plan. It worked and even if we were not on our game we were solid in defence and took our chances. 

It’s the manager no one else 

Guest ToqueJambo
18 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

This. The longer he carries on like this the harder it will be for him to stay in any capacity. Get him back to the academy asap. I preferred him to stay on longer rather than rush a new appointment on the basis that he'd be better than the coaches as caretakers. I thought the Hibs and Aberdeen games justified that decision. Now I'd rather we just handed things over to McPhee, Day and Fox and see what they can do. At the same time run a very thorough recruitment process - as long as it takes.

Levein has made it impossible to defend him. The injuries are a valid excuse in many ways. No-one would have batted an eyelid if he'd played Kenna and McLean up front today in a 4-4-2, with Clare wide right midfield or something. Or a 4-2-3-1 with Meshino, Mulraney and Clare behind a striker. Not great teams but Levein could have said well it's all we've got fit. Instead going with the two midfielders up front was terrible.

What point is he trying to prove here with some of these formations and player selections? A team of Pereira, Smith, Berra, Dikamona, Hickey; Mulraney, Meshino, Whelan, Clare/Morrison; MClean, Kenna surely wouldn't have done any worse today. Not a world beating team but the best he's got available. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

What happened to us signing players like Cameron, Hartley etc we used to sign from lower league clubs? Players we used to sign and make better.  we used to sign players from clubs like Raith, Dundee etc and improve them.  The difference is that we signed players like this when they were doing well with these teams, now we sign ones like Mulraney etc when they cant even get games for these teams.  Our coaching set up has failed with it's approach of getting these players and using what coaching abilities they have to get what other clubs couldn't get out of them.  Their are a few lower league players that have came to the club and failed in the last five years.  I only hope the youngsters coming through have a lot more 'potential' than those ones.  

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic