Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

5 minutes ago, TheStig said:

I didn't believe for a minute no one decent could take it on. More no one decent was willing to work under Craig's "plan". 

Yeah very possible that is the reason. 

There was something weird though because we had gone world wide and then just noticed the right person was sitting next to Mrs Budge all along 🤔🥴

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Maroon Sailor

They'll sit around the table discussing various things including the manager's position. They'll find out that it's just too difficult and nasty to sack him and try to work a way of removing him from his position amicably.

Levein pulls the wool over their eyes and says things will turn around once he has a fully fit squad and we are still in the League cup.

Meeting over

Let’s just hope they’re taking this opportunity to discuss options and look at coaches and have someone in place for our next game.

18 minutes ago, allanwilson1970 said:

I was gutted as I missed the game due to work, after the result and following Kickback I was gutted we were so bad. I really don’t know where to start.

I think we have 3 choices, that Levein is the right man and he needs to empty McPhee, Fox, Daly and bring in a new coaching structure, wither from within or outside or a combination. Personally I think Andy Kirk is destined for big things in coaching/management. He is ruthless and same time gets the players motivated whether it was U18s or reserves he wants to win and misses no one. 

Or we take the view Levein is poor and with the freedom McPhee, Fox, Daly step up and excel. Or we just empty every one of them and start again, I think this is the highest risk as we need stability from the academy upto first team.

I honestly don’t know what is best, I think to keep Levein somehow and if I was in his shoes I would be emptying McPhee, Fox, Daly to bring in some fresh ideas and then see if it works. He must knows he is in last chance saloon and in these cases it is better to act before others move. 

I can not believe Budge will allow status quo after yesterday, if she does she does not know the time of day.

I’d be looking to keep MacPhee tbh. 

When Cathro was given the bullet, I got the distinct impression it was against their wishes and better judgement. I'm getting the same feeling here. Those post match comments from Levein indicate that he has no intention of leaving, nor do I see Budge letting him go. It was only a very short time ago that she said he was doing a very good job. 

For what it's worth, during the Ross County game, there was a drinks break where most of the County players went to talk with the manager/coaches and get instructions. I think one Hearts player went to our manager/coaches, the rest just chatted or mooched around til the game restarted. 

At the time I thought it was odd. Now I think it's a symptom of a bigger problem and the players don't believe or trust what they are being told. 

With a manager taking part time interest in coaching, the players probably take a part time interest in listening. This whole coaching structure needs ripped up.

4 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

I give him the DoF role, CL can enjoy his retirement as a board member.

1 minute ago, Vansen said:

When Cathro was given the bullet, I got the distinct impression it was against their wishes and better judgement. I'm getting the same feeling here. Those post match comments from Levein indicate that he has no intention of leaving, nor do I see Budge letting him go. It was only a very short time ago that she said he was doing a very good job. 

For what it's worth, during the Ross County game, there was a drinks break where most of the County players went to talk with the manager/coaches and get instructions. I think one Hearts player went to our manager/coaches, the rest just chatted or mooched around til the game restarted. 

At the time I thought it was odd. Now I think it's a symptom of a bigger problem and the players don't believe or trust what they are being told. 

With a manager taking part time interest in coaching, the players probably take a part time interest in listening. This whole coaching structure needs ripped up.

I knew Cathro’s time was short when the same thing happened at Firhill during a break in play. 

William Wallace

Levein must know he’s lost the fans and that there’s no way back from it. He needs to leave and at least give us a fighting chance to progress otherwise he risks being more hated than Pressley the Snake.

53 minutes ago, TheStig said:

I didn't believe for a minute no one decent could take it on. More no one decent was willing to work under Craig's "plan". 

Nailed it!!!

Im wondering if there is some reluctance to sack CL due to financial issues?  He would be paid for the remainder of his contract surely and they money would need to be found for the new manager to replace him?

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Im wondering if there is some reluctance to sack CL due to financial issues?  He would be paid for the remainder of his contract surely and they money would need to be found for the new manager to replace him?

Fairly sure his contract expires next June?

Just now, jambogaza said:

Fairly sure his contract expires next June?

Im not sure 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
34 minutes ago, Vansen said:

Wait a minute is it still the case that this charlatan doesn’t take Training 5 days a week and only comes in after Tuesday???? FFS🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Nelly Terraces

Leveins time was about 1978 when in the late 70s boring, negative, ultra defensive, football took hold.

The bloke is so out date he's virtually prehistoric. He clearly believes in a 'lump it to the big gadgie' football that has seen Scotland turn into the footballing backwater it's become & I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he still think's that some players are 'too small' to make it. 

Get rid of him completely. The guy is just one massive joke.

He shouldn't get the chance to fix it because he was the one who broke it.

We should not be in this mess with the investment we have had in the squad.

We don't know what the problem is so get rid of the lot of them.

Edited by jambopilms

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

The right guy just happened to be sitting next to her but she never noticed. 

Basically he was forced into the job because we couldn't get anybody decent to take it on. 

Dont believe that party line, then or now.

12 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Leveins time was about 1978 when in the late 70s boring, negative, ultra defensive, football took hold.

The bloke is so out date he's virtually prehistoric. He clearly believes in a 'lump it to the big gadgie' football that has seen Scotland turn into the footballing backwater it's become & I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he still think's that some players are 'too small' to make it. 

Get rid of him completely. The guy is just one massive joke.

Was talking to an ex-pro I know. He was at a youth game, this was many months ago I admit.

Anyway CL is there. My mates description was there was a big tall boy up top who by his reckoning was hopeless.

CL turns to his sidekick and says the big lad looks a player.

Edited by Alan_R

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

I give him the DoF role, CL can enjoy his retirement as a board member.

Out of interest, does anyone know who all the board members are?

just want to get an idea if the names on it have the balls to pull the trigger so to speak.

20 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Was talking to an ex-pro I know. He was at a youth game, this was many months ago I admit.

Anyway CL is there. My mates description was there was a big tall boy up top who by his reckoning was hopeless.

CL turns to his sidekick and says the big lad looks a player.

Was it vanacek 

With almost two weeks till the next game this is the right time to make the change. No point waiting to see if things improve against Motherwell. That leaves us with very little time before the derby.

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

With almost two weeks till the next game this is the right time to make the change. No point waiting to see if things improve against Motherwell. That leaves us with very little time before the derby.

Absolutely. If something doesn’t happen this week, one can only presume AB is willing to let this nonsense drag on for a bit longer.

Now is the time for change.

An international break is as good as it’s going to get, timing wise, during a league campaign. 

He’s lost the support and I’m not convinced the players are playing for him either. 

No way back from this. 

His contract is up at the end of the season so paying him off shouldn’t be too much money. 

1 minute ago, farin said:

Board of Directors
  • Owner, CEO and Chairwoman. Ann Budge. ... 
  • Non-Executive Director. Eric Hogg. ... 
  • Manager, Director of Football. Craig Levein. ... 
  • Non-Executive Director. Donald Cumming. ... 
  • Non-Executive Director. Kevin Windram. ... 
  • Foundation of Hearts Chairman. Stuart Wallace. ... 
  • Finance Director. Jacqui Duncan

Cheers for that farin.

I think Tuesday will be the day. Budge was never gonna bullet him after the match. She’ll consult the board, speak with Levein and I’d bet she’ll speak to senior players as well before making the call. 

1 hour ago, DarioHMFC said:

Me too. After all we need a translator for the Japanese boy.

4 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

His contract is up at the end of the season so paying him off shouldn’t be too much money.

Hearts should not need to be paying CL of he should know himself that he is at rock bottom... problem is that when you are a gambler you are desperate for things to change to your favor... he is and he is !  

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

He made sure he got a 3 year contract before taking the job - that’s how confident he was he would cut the mustard!! 😏

Leveins Battalion

Cathro was an ambitious appointment,ended up a disaster,ironically Levein was brought in as a safe pair of hands.

38 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Out of interest, does anyone know who all the board members are?

just want to get an idea if the names on it have the balls to pull the trigger so to speak.

They don’t have a gun to pull the trigger!

Levein dominates Tynecastle with the loving backing of Ann!

29 minutes ago, farin said:

Board of Directors
  • Owner, CEO and Chairwoman. Ann Budge. ... 
  • Non-Executive Director. Eric Hogg. ... 
  • Manager, Director of Football. Craig Levein. ... 
  • Non-Executive Director. Donald Cumming. ... 
  • Non-Executive Director. Kevin Windram. ... 
  • Foundation of Hearts Chairman. Stuart Wallace. ... 
  • Finance Director. Jacqui Duncan

Apart from AB, Do any of these attend games. If so they must sit in the bar for 90 minutes.

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

They don’t have a gun to pull the trigger!

Levein dominates Tynecastle with the loving backing of Ann!

He certainly seems to be the immovable object.

1 minute ago, Prof said:

Apart from AB, Do any of these attend games. If so they must sit in the bar for 90 minutes.

Eric Hogg does for sure. I'm betting the others do too.

11 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Eric Hogg does for sure. I'm betting the others do too.

No way Eric will say boo to Ann or Levein!

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

No way Eric will say boo to Ann or Levein!

You suggesting she wears the troosers?

I’m hoping the delay is down to the complications of CL holding two positions and the severance of both is being ironed out.

13 minutes ago, Satsumo said:

I’m hoping the delay is down to the complications of CL holding two positions and the severance of both is being ironed out.

3 positions -

Head Coach

D of F

Board Director

30 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

32AD90EF-16C4-45EF-B748-20517C9891AB.jpeg

So long as no numpties cancel their FoH subs in some ill thought out protest, the entire board can be dispensed with long before this nightmare happens!

25 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

So long as no numpties cancel their FoH subs in some ill thought out protest, the entire board can be dispensed with long before this nightmare happens!

Good post. The long term future of the club depends on FOH contributions. Even with CL in place and the absolutely dire atmosphere at Tynecastle, it’s vital we keep contributing. 

6 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

"We're eleven games without a win... in the Lowland League. The fans are already on my back - it's ridiculous! Managers get no time at all these days. But don't worry: I can fix this. Mrs Budge says I'm doing a great job, and nobody knows more about these things than her.

Sorry, gotta go. Forgot to take my incontinence pills today, and I'd better rush!"

Edited by shaun.lawson

4 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

"We're eleven games without a win... in the Lowland League. The fans are already on my back - it's ridiculous! Managers get no time at all these days. But don't worry: I can fix this. Mrs Budge says I'm doing a great job, and nobody knows more about these things than her.

Sorry, gotta go. Forgot to take my incontinence pills today, and I'd better rush!"

#bantz

12 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

“I’m hoping to sign Aaron Hughes in time to bolster the defence for Saturday’s league match against Civil Service Strollers. We’re  just awaiting paperwork for his zimmer frame’s MOT and we should be ok.”

Berra imo is letting the board know in that article that the blame has to lie with the coaching.

its a thinly veiled dig at Levein and possibly a cry for help rather than just coming out and saying it straight.

interesting to note also that he doesn’t back the manager at any point in that article.

The players are not producing on the park there is no communication with the defence when steven naismith i could hear him shouting at hearts players from where i was sitting and could see him looking disgusted there is no motivation in the team

This is highly unlikely to change. There is a chronically entrenched mentality that will be difficult to lift without fresh leadership. This will need to happen, one way or another. I'd rather the decision was made now.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic