Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

I have long sympathised with CL's injury plight but with players due back etc I would hope he will go voluntarily around mid-November if we are still hovering down there.  That gives someone new a chance to get bedded in to some extent before the Jan window.

Your capacity for delusion is absolutely endless. Defending the inept management team when this has been going on for 11 months and now thinking he will go of his own accord! His hubris is without limit, he will never think it's time for him to go. 

Edited by Jodami

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Just now, JamboAl said:

If you want him to go does it matter how he goes - or do you specifically want blood on the carpet?

The oft used term is "by mutual agreement".

I don’t think anyone really cares how it’s done, just that it needs done now. Still in early Oct, the season is saveable. Just need action, preferably Monday !

57 minutes ago, leginten said:

It is tragic. Since it became clear that the club was about to go down the tubes after Romanov, we have enjoyed a period of massive support and goodwill from the fans. I would say almost unprecedented. The fact that there are 8000-odd people putting extra cash into the club every month is almost unbelievable.

Yet in this period of solid foundations and financial security, we are almost at the stage of the club sticking two fingers up at the support. The goodwill and the legacy of the last six or seven years are being pissed up against the wall. It is a disgrace that people are being turned off going to Tynecastle and are talking about not going through to a semi-final because they’ve seen enough. An absolute disgrace.

That's my frustration, bud. We are set up right now to succeed. ST's, FOH, benefactors...off the pitch we've got it cracked. Everything a football club needs for success both today and tomorrow. 

But no. We must have a lame duck calling the shots, picking the team and setting out the tactics (try not to laugh) because the owner gave him, and continues to give him, so much power.

You're right. Goodwill, legacy, plus money and time is being pissed up against the wall. The difference between where we could/should be to where we actually are is shocking. The valuable time just slipping through our fingers is heartbreaking. 

The only good thing is that Levein and his boot room Gaurdiolas are really the only problem. Remove them, make a sound decision when appointing a successor, and we're away. 

Edited by martoon

56 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

I think the phrase is disengaged. Usually borne out of being ignored, repeatedly and consistently. Wonder if club considers you guys " genuine fans"

Seriously though, concerning times!

They certainly are, bud. 

And it's all so fixable. Never felt so frustrated and angry regarding Hearts. Quite an achievement by CL considering what I/we have witnessed over the decades. 

3 minutes ago, martoon said:

That's my frustration, bud. We are set up right now to succeed. ST's, FOH, benefactors...off the pitch we've got it cracked. Everything a football club needs for success both today and tomorrow. 

But no. We must have a lame duck calling the shots, picking the team and setting out the tactics (try not to laugh) because the owner game him, and continues to give him, so much power.

You're right. Goodwill, legacy, plus money and time is being pissed up against the wall. The difference between where we could/should be to where we actually are is shocking. The valuable time just slipping through our fingers is heartbreaking. 

The only good thing is that Levein and his boot room Gaurdiolas are really the only problem. Remove them, make a sound decision when appointing a successor, and we're away. 

We never quite seem to get it right, do we? Under Romanov we underachieved massively in the league after the first season. Obviously the reasons for that were the polar opposite of what we have now. The only common theme is the obstinacy of the owner.

There almost seems to be a fear of admitting that things aren’t working. We’ve even had people saying that things might get worse under a new manager, so we had better stick with what we’ve got. Well, they just might get worse (no giggling at the back). But if this philosophy of despair was adopted everywhere, no failing manager would ever be replaced.

pettigrewsstylist

Im actually, historically, a big CL supporter.

- Was at Cowdenbeath on night he first came to our attention as an 18 yr old CB. (was a young 13 yr old)

- Present throughout all through his playing career and first mgmt soiree at club and had plenty of top memories.

- Was amazed to see him sing whole Hearts song in pub karaoke start to finish unaided ( not many club mgrs can do that lads, i guess 400+ appearances helped the memory lol)

etc etc

However,,,  he clearly believes in the Craigy superclub masterplan. As most will know, he tried to get it of the ground on Tayside before he  was sidetracked by project Scotland. It was clear by the 5 yr plan unveiling upon arrival that it was unfinished business, he had convince Ann Budge with it,  and that Hearts were going to be the new guinea pig.

It has failed spectacularly with Robbie/ Cathro/ himself; I'm completely unsure if it still exists and we are firefighting till resumption, or if it has been binned altogether. Its sad to see the current situation. Ann Budges perseverance suggests to me masterplan is still live.

I don't doubt his intentions or affections for HMFC ( as stubborn as he might be)

I do worry about his ongoing health and stress levels ( stubbornness contributing of course)

Its for ANN Budge to protect him and lift him from the firing line. Its for him to help her and not throw teddy out pram and walk off.

Heading into relegation battle waters would be sheer negligence on all parts.

2 minutes ago, leginten said:

We never quite seem to get it right, do we? Under Romanov we underachieved massively in the league after the first season. Obviously the reasons for that were the polar opposite of what we have now. The only common theme is the obstinacy of the owner.

There almost seems to be a fear of admitting that things aren’t working. We’ve even had people saying that things might get worse under a new manager, so we had better stick with what we’ve got. Well, they just might get worse (no giggling at the back). But if this philosophy of despair was adopted everywhere, no failing manager would ever be replaced.

"He should have gone after the final, but he didn't, so we can't get rid of him now" is a belter. Used often, which is sort of troubling. 

Gorgie Boys are in town.
1 hour ago, leginten said:

It is tragic. Since it became clear that the club was about to go down the tubes after Romanov, we have enjoyed a period of massive support and goodwill from the fans. I would say almost unprecedented. The fact that there are 8000-odd people putting extra cash into the club every month is almost unbelievable.

Yet in this period of solid foundations and financial security, we are almost at the stage of the club sticking two fingers up at the support. The goodwill and the legacy of the last six or seven years are being pissed up against the wall. It is a disgrace that people are being turned off going to Tynecastle and are talking about not going through to a semi-final because they’ve seen enough. An absolute disgrace.

Excellent summary.  Agree 100%.

1 minute ago, Jodami said:

Your capacity for delusion is absolutely endless. Defending the inept management team for months when this has been going on for 11 months and now thinking he will go of his own accord! His hubris is without limit, he will never think it's time for him to go. 

Sympathising with our injury predicament and "defending" the management team are totally different concepts. 

Only delusional and biased individuals would fail to acknowledge this.  Even (some of) the summer additions we made to alleviate the problem have been lost to longish-term injury. (Walker, Washington, Halkett).  Looking at the team yesterday (and this is not being put forward as a total excuse/reason for the defeat) we were without these 3 plus Uche, Souttar and Naisy and I'd guess all would 6 would be 1st team picks for most fans.  That's more than half a team missing against a side who finished above us last season.

After the international break I would expect to see Haring, Naisy and Uche back in the team and although they all may not immediately be able to hit the ground running, I would hope to see much better football, if not results, from the team and a continuous improvement.  If it doesn't happen, all things being equal, then I would hope CL would do the honourable thing.

10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Sympathising with our injury predicament and "defending" the management team are totally different concepts. 

Only delusional and biased individuals would fail to acknowledge this.  Even (some of) the summer additions we made to alleviate the problem have been lost to longish-term injury. (Walker, Washington, Halkett).  Looking at the team yesterday (and this is not being put forward as a total excuse/reason for the defeat) we were without these 3 plus Uche, Souttar and Naisy and I'd guess all would 6 would be 1st team picks for most fans.  That's more than half a team missing against a side who finished above us last season.

After the international break I would expect to see Haring, Naisy and Uche back in the team and although they all may not immediately be able to hit the ground running, I would hope to see much better football, if not results, from the team and a continuous improvement.  If it doesn't happen, all things being equal, then I would hope CL would do the honourable thing.

Hi mrs budge 

Yesterday’s Post match comments, we’ve heard it all before.  

Livi 5-0 last year “ it won’t happen again”   

How many awful performances and results has there been since then.....

10 months on from that horror show we’ve went backwards, spent a lot of money and got nothing to show for it. 

Now is the time to act and make a change.

Not next month after the semi final - new manager before it gives a huge boost.

Not in January when the season is wasted and survival from relegation  is genuinely on the cards  

Not at end of season when it’s too late.. 

Worrying times ahead.  

Levein & Budge can’t see it. 

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

I have long sympathised with CL's injury plight but with players due back etc I would hope he will go voluntarily around mid-November if we are still hovering down there.  That gives someone new a chance to get bedded in to some extent before the Jan window.

I wonder if there is budget to still get more players in?

We ended up quite busy in the summer and it looks like we’ve got a few players on long term deals now we might need to stick with.  Damour is worrying, he looks nowhere near good enough and on a 4 year deal.  I hope he can kick on under a new boss when/if he comes in. 

6 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Hi mrs budge 

That was a highly intelligent response.  Well done.

Oh BTW, what did you find incorrect about my post?

I’ve been a ST holder for over 30 years. I won’t be next season if CL is still in charge. 

1 minute ago, Morph said:

I wonder if there is budget to still get more players in?

We ended up quite busy in the summer and it looks like we’ve got a few players on long term deals now we might need to stick with.  Damour is worrying, he looks nowhere near good enough and on a 4 year deal.  I hope he can kick on under a new boss when/if he comes in. 

Good point re budget but I would hope we have some money available from our League Cup exploits to maybe even get in a couple of decent loan players if CL or a new man thought fit.  It would also be helpful if we could move on a couple.

Re Damour the evidence so far does not suggest he is worth a 4 year deal, or even a 2 year deal, but he may just prove me wrong.

13 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That was a highly intelligent response.  Well done.

Oh BTW, what did you find incorrect about my post?

Just all of it 

24 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Al you have went after posters criticising the management team left, right and centre for months. Put yourself out of your misery, put your hands up and admit you're wrong. It's fine, show the humility that our manager sorely lacks. The entire coaching team are inept and we were dug out by quality players at the start of last season. When they have had to coach, manage and develop they have failed spectacularly. The evidence is conclusive. 

As for Levein, he completely lost the plot yesterday 5 minutes after shaking the hands of every player. He is all over the place and knows the end is nigh. What is certain is he is only interested in himself, clearly has control issues and will never admit that it's time to go. He has cutely positioned himself so that he is extremely difficult to get rid of which has bought him months but if you repeatedly fail there is only one outcome. I am actually happy that going on for so long has made him so toxic that he will have to be completely removed now, he could have persuaded Budge to put him back upstairs after the final easily.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Tell us how Messi once had a bad game or something m8

1 hour ago, Jodami said:

Al you have went after posters criticising the management team left, right and centre for months. Put yourself out of your misery, put your hands up and admit you're wrong. It's fine, show the humility that our manager sorely lacks. The entire coaching team are inept and we were dug out by quality players at the start of last season. When they have had to coach, manage and develop they have failed spectacularly. The evidence is conclusive. 

As for Levein, he completely lost the plot yesterday 5 minutes after shaking the hands of every player. He is all over the place and knows the end is nigh. What is certain is he is only interested in himself, clearly has control issues and will never admit that it's time to go. He has cutely positioned himself so that he is extremely difficult to get rid of which has bought him months but if you repeatedly fail there is only one outcome. I am actually happy that going on for so long has made him so toxic that he will have to be completely removed now, he could have persuaded Budge to put him back upstairs after the final easily.

If that's what you think. please yourself.

I am sorry I have pointed out the injury facts.  Maybe you think they did not happen

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Tell us how Messi once had a bad game or something m8

WTF has this got to do with anything re Hearts?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Scott980612 said:

10 months on from that horror show we’ve went backwards, spent a lot of money and got nothing to show for it. 

Not in January when the season is wasted and survival from relegation  is genuinely on the cards  

Worrying times ahead.  

Levein talks shite.

The players talk shite.

Budge talks shite.

No-one - literally no-one - is accountable.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, JamboAl said:

WTF has this got to do with anything re Hearts?

Is the point I’ve been making to you for weeks as you banged on about Ferguson having a bad start at Man Utd etc.

15 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Is the point I’ve been making to you for weeks as you banged on about Ferguson having a bad start at Man Utd etc.

But what is the point?

Is it a secret?

1 hour ago, Jodami said:

Bang on the money.

Walter Bishop
2 hours ago, Jodami said:

Great post. 

You second paragraph is bang on, He shakes all the players hands then goes for his readio interview and says they lack balls etc He lost it yesterday, completely. 

Its up to Ann Budge now to do the right thing, it`s the right time aswell with the international break. One thing is for sure, Levein wont walk, he is only interested in Craig Levein.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
47 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

But what is the point?

Is it a secret?

No, no. The point is that there is nothing you and others won’t use to justify Levein’s continuing employment, no matter how irrelevant it is. 

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

No, no. The point is that there is nothing you and others won’t use to justify Levein’s continuing employment, no matter how irrelevant it is. 

So your point is  a secret - or nonsense.

3 hours ago, Scott980612 said:

Worrying times ahead.  

That 5 nil fron livi still makes me shudder, for that alone he should have been sent packing.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, JamboAl said:

So your point is  a secret - or nonsense.

Look, it was perfectly obvious that at some point you’d have to start backtracking and pretending that you weren’t actually backing this no hoper. I assume this is it 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, TheStig said:

That 5 nil fron livi still makes me shudder, for that alone he should have been sent packing.

We should revisit that match thread because loads of us were absolutely calling for him to go. Staggering that he’s been allowed to continue so long.

Genuine Hearts fans know Levein will have to present the football department's results at the Board meeting ... a Board made up of eminent businessmen with no history of running a football club successfully ... and ... they should believe in the Plan because they just should ... and with a trip to Hampden secured by Craig ... It is time for all genuine hearts supporters to support the team! 

Dr Budge (honorary)

13 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

We should revisit that match thread because loads of us were absolutely calling for him to go. Staggering that he’s been allowed to continue so long.

Anyone else they 100% would have been and thats the annoying part. The fans know he's doing shit, he knows, budge knows it yet here we are. Every game he remains feels like a kick in the balls.

42 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Look, it was perfectly obvious that at some point you’d have to start backtracking and pretending that you weren’t actually backing this no hoper. I assume this is it 

WTF has all this to do with Messi?

I am not aware I have either backed the manager or not backed him.

As I said above, sympathising with the injury predicament and backing the manager are two different things.

Mid Calder Jambo
30 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Anyone else they 100% would have been and thats the annoying part. The fans know he's doing shit, he knows, budge knows it yet here we are. Every game he remains feels like a kick in the balls.

Yes and mines are aching now. Time to kick someome elses hee haws.

2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I would have sacked him before we had even left the stadium :lol:

Nothing has changed since then to suggest that would have been a mistake, mind. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I would have sacked him before we had even left the stadium :lol:

Nothing has changed since then to suggest that would have been a mistake, mind. 

This is it though. We seem to have a fan base who in part are swayed by the odd 1-0 win at home to Hamilton. The lack of ambition is staggering and fairly worrying considering that we’re about to be fan owned. The last thing we need is bottle jobs running the club.

Ignoring the Romanov era the best 2 teams from my era were the team JJ had in 96/97/98 and Doddies team from 85/86/87.

They were built on a decent goalkeeper/solid back 4 and 2 up front. The key to both those teams was the midfield. In 85/86/87 we had 

The Enforcer - Kenny Black

The Pass Picker - Iain Jardine

The Box to Box - Gary Mackay

The Outlet Ball/winger - the legendary JC

Jardine and Colquhoun also chipped in with a decent amount of goals

in the 90’s it was

Salvatori

Fulton

Cameron

McCann

Football is a simple game. We have when fit a solid back 4. Even using Berra and Dikamona, it’s a decent back 4. Front 2, even as things stand, I’d happily give Uche and Keena a shot. I thought they worked well in the Semi and should maybe be given the opportunity. The problem is and continues to be CL not sorting the midfield. Blueprint Celtic and Rangers and they play the 4/4/2 system. It works. For it to work, you need the personnel. We don’t have a winger who we could use as an outlet ball and we don’t have a box to box midfielder. We have a lot of similar players who are defensively minded but we don’t have the 2 key elements. His policy is a scattergun approach and we are struggling because he has too many similar type players and continually chops and changes their positions.

A major issue I think we are is Hickey renewing his contract. He’s continually being played in different positions. He’s being courted by bigger clubs and if I was looking after him, at present there is zero chance I would be getting him to sign a new contract. Why would he want to. To lose him for a development fee would be criminal 

Leveins Battalion
7 minutes ago, kila said:

Sportscene was a fun watch, stronger words from the panel on Levein 

Missed it what were they saying?

Surely the international break is the sensible time to male the change. Act decisively and potentially have a new manager in place before our next game.

Yesterday the tactical ineptness was far worse than any of the individual displays and the major factor in us losing. That Levein failed to acknowledge this and instead blamed the players was the latest sign that he needs replaced.

2 weeks of breathing space should give Budge the time to make the decision. Not at all convinced it is going to happen.

24 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

Levein oot brigade in good company with the Man City fans demanding Pep should go

shocking!!!  Levein’s managerial career is right up there with Pep’s......

maroonsgotop
7 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

shocking!!!  Levein’s managerial career is right up there with Pep’s......

Nothing to do with levels it's keyboard fans showing they are unhappy with a result(s) demanding the manager must go. If the Internet was about when Fergie was toiling at Man Utd they would have missed out on all the success he gave them. Klopp was also getting grief a couple of years ago.

Yesterday we had arguably 7 first choice players missing (Halkett, Souttar, Haring, Walker, Naismith, Uche, Washington, not that would have any impact on the performance or result of course

22 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

Nothing to do with levels it's keyboard fans showing they are unhappy with a result(s) demanding the manager must go. If the Internet was about when Fergie was toiling at Man Utd they would have missed out on all the success he gave them. Klopp was also getting grief a couple of years ago.

Yesterday we had arguably 7 first choice players missing (Halkett, Souttar, Haring, Walker, Naismith, Uche, Washington, not that would have any impact on the performance or result of course

I know - I’ve tried really hard to cut Levein some slack with the injury situation, but his insistence of playing Clare, and playing without a recognised striker with Keena and McLean on the bench against Killie, and his ramblings after the game, just makes my blood boil.

Jambof3tornado
5 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I do wonder what it would take for CL to quit or AB to pull the trigger?

Horrendous runs of form, embarrassing results, fans protests and massive underperformance doesn’t seem to have been enough. 

I could see Rangers giving us a right thumping but I doubt that would do it. I do wonder how bad this will be allowed to get. 

We've taken many a rogering from the huns so the result wont matter one jot on the levein front.

Unfortunately, coz we are going to get battered.

1 hour ago, maroonsgotop said:

I agree this has had a massive impact on the team and performances, but do you genuinely believe that the performances and results are at a level that should be expected from the players that are available? I look at Saturday's performance and the tactics were appalling. The formation was all wrong, with the back 3/5 not working, we were over congested in the middle, had a small non-forward isolated up front, were ponderous in possession, didn't have much attacking ambition, and most significantly were completely giving up play on our left hand-side when they were in possession allowing them to repeatedly bring the ball forward on that side. On top of that, was the total lack of intensity in the first-half, a recurring pattern against everyone other than the Old Firm, Hibs and Aberdeen.

Even with the injuries, I look through the players we had available yesterday and I see the makings of a team that should be able to get more than 2 points from 4 games at home to Killie, Motherwell, Hamilton and Ross County. If we were sitting in 5th or 6th place a few points off the race for third I'd say that it was injuries that was the issue. But as it stands my worry is that Levein is getting less out of the team than the sum of its parts.

Apologies I realise this another Levein thread but I genuinely believe we’re past the point where there can be no redemption for Levein.

Every win we have now with him in charge will merely be buying him a very limited spell of goodwill but every loss and then the support will rightly be calling for his sacking.

Realistically we could easily lose our next 3 games and be bottom of the table then what? Will Budge eventually act or is she wanting to give her loser pal another shot at winning a trophy with a semi final looming?

Geoff Kilpatrick

At this rate of going, the second Rangers thread will get its wish of Sevco going bust before Levein is emptied.

Sigh.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic