Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

There is a lot of talk about the injuries, but for me this is masking a very unbalanced squad. We have far too many players who want to play as a No 10, behind a striker.

Naismith, Walker, Meshino, Clare, Wighton, McLean and (arguably) Mulraney are all best played as the No 10 in a 4-2-3-1 or similar shape. Consequently our width is provided by players not yet ready (Morrison) or without the quality (Mulraney, Clare). 

Jamming our returning players into the team would leave is without width. It's an unbalanced squad, because our manager/DoF has recruited poorly, again. 

Id also just like to agree with others who have mentioned that Naismith, Walker, Wighton, Souttar, Ikpeazu etc have poor injury records. We should have been prepared for injuries. 

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

All joking aside are we just going to completely ignore the horrendous injury crisis? 

Whatever you think of Levein he must be given some leeway at this time. 

Just now, Des Lynam said:

All joking aside are we just going to completely ignore the horrendous injury crisis? 

We should be more than capable of getting more than 2 points from 4 games at home to Ross county, Hamilton, Motherwell and killie irrespective of our injuries.

1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

We should be more than capable of getting more than 2 points from 4 games at home to Ross county, Hamilton, Motherwell and killie irrespective of our injuries.

Yes in normal circumstances. 

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

If you believe that this is just bad luck then you are as thick and naive as Craig Levein.

Who signed these injury prone crocks?When people on here stated the risks with having too many players with a history of long term injuries.

You can get away with 1 unlucky season but with the level of injuries we have had its not just bad luck.

Our squad in an unbalanced mess of old pros like Berra,Maclean etc peak players who look unfit like Walker Damour and young players not good enough (Hickey aside)

The goalkeeper situation is a shambles.

Heart has f Midlothian with 17000 on Saturday started without a striker on the field!!Let that sink in,the guy is a complete tool.

5 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

In normal circumstances, the form at the start of this season would have any manager in trouble. But these aren't normal circumstances, this is a man who has led our football team to chronic under performance for years. There is no leeway left. His performance in both roles has been a disgrace to those who fund his contract (us). He must be removed. 

2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

If you believe that this is just bad luck then you are as thick and naive as Craig Levein.

Who signed these injury prone crocks?When people on here stated the risks with having too many players with a history of long term injuries.

You can get away with 1 unlucky season but with the level of injuries we have had its not just bad luck.

Our squad in an unbalanced mess of old pros like Berra,Maclean etc peak players who look unfit like Walker Damour and young players not good enough (Hickey aside)

The goalkeeper situation is a shambles.

Heart has f Midlothian with 17000 on Saturday started without a striker on the field!!Let that sink in,the guy is a complete tool.

Most of these injuries occurred during a game. That’s Levein’s fault? 

Leveins Battalion

Most of these injuries occurred during a game. That’s Levein’s fault? 

Did you see any other teams running up and down sand dunes for pre season?

If we actually trained with a ball it might make a difference to our performance and injury record 👍

11 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Are we back in October 2018? 

All this talk of injuries is all we ever hear. Levein has assembled this squad, he deserves no leeway whatsoever even in the midst of these injuries we should have enough about us to have amassed at least 7-10 points at home with the fixtures we’ve had so far.

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Did you see any other teams running up and down sand dunes for pre season?

If we actually trained with a ball it might make a difference to our performance and injury record 👍

So it’s the sand dunes fault? 

:gok: 

If Craig Levein has no prior history with hearts he’d have been gone a long time ago and the posters on here supporting him would have been at the front of the queue demanding his removal(apart from the Hibs fan ones) 

take away his hearts legend status and look at his record in isolation and ask yourself is it good enough.

if you answer yes then you’re a cock and there’s no hope for you.

1 minute ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Are we back in October 2018? 

All this talk of injuries is all we ever hear. Levein has assembled this squad, he deserves no leeway whatsoever even in the midst of these injuries we should have enough about us to have amassed at least 7-10 points at home with the fixtures we’ve had so far.

Halkett, Naismith, Walker, Washington, Haring, Souttar.....

Leveins Battalion

So it’s the sand dunes fault? 

:gok: 

Yes that’s it,answer the question did you see another professional club run players around a beach for pre season?Then answer if any other club has injuries like ours?

Injuries like Washington’s are completely Leveins fault,hadn’t trained all week,felt his hamstring tight then thrown on because we were struggling,now out long term.

Stevie Naismith (remember him) he’s played 45 minutes all season,yet we let him go away with Scotland.Good management.

2 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

Anyone defending the manager wasn't there on Saturday. 

Correct which is why I asked des the question that he failed to answer.

Keep on happy clapping.

You ignored my point regarding our points total to date.

Just now, 1874robbo said:

Correct which is why I asked des the question that he failed to answer.

Because Des is a slaver that’s why.

Fozzyonthefence
11 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Yes in normal circumstances. 

No, we should be capable of that in any circumstances.  We’re not the only team that gets injuries.  The number we have may be unusual but we have far greater resources than Hamilton, Ross Co, Motherwell and Killie, yet we can’t beat any of them at home.  We can’t beat East Fife away or Dundee Utd at home, almost lost at home to Stenhousemuir. There can’t be any more excuses for this and CL should not be given any more leeway - he’s had 2 years of leeway and should have been sacked a long time ago as he’s not up to the job.

I’ve been having a serious think to myself re what has gone wrong. To start last season the way we did and play good football was just brilliant. But then what? What caused us to combust and never recover. This isn’t an anti Levein comment - I’m just totally baffled by it. Because of where we are I don’t think it’s possible to turn it around without change. But what happened? I know we were hammered by injuries but it doesn’t add up. I want to be a happy jambo again

Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

Yes that’s it,answer the question did you see another professional club run players around a beach for pre season?Then answer if any other club has injuries like ours?

Injuries like Washington’s are completely Leveins fault,hadn’t trained all week,felt his hamstring tight then thrown on because we were struggling,now out long term.

Stevie Naismith (remember him) he’s played 45 minutes all season,yet we let him go away with Scotland.Good management.

We’re not the only club or sport that runs up sand dunes. 

Leveins Battalion

We’re not the only club or sport that runs up sand dunes. 

Name another I’m still waiting.

1 minute ago, Baxfee said:

I’ve been having a serious think to myself re what has gone wrong. To start last season the way we did and play good football was just brilliant. But then what? What caused us to combust and never recover. This isn’t an anti Levein comment - I’m just totally baffled by it. Because of where we are I don’t think it’s possible to turn it around without change. But what happened? I know we were hammered by injuries but it doesn’t add up. I want to be a happy jambo again

Injuries Baxfee.

It didn’t take long for the Levein happy clappers to come out with the usual lame excuses. It’s his squad, it’s his tactics that has got us into this position. The reason he was sacked from his other jobs is he’s bloody useless and arrogant to boot. This nonsense about he only has to speak to the players a day or two  just before each game as the coaching staff have everything in order, is nothing short of the ramblings of clueless idiot.

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

It’s part of football, it’s why we have a (shite) squad, it’s CL’s job to deal with the injuries as it is with every other manager.  He’s failing miserably.  And we should be able to beat Hamilton, Ross Co, East Fife, etc without these players.  In fact, some of them played against these teams.

No more excuses about injuries ffs!  It’s pathetic.

Yes. 

Do you accept that even with players missing, the manager got the formation completely wrong and should have changed it much sooner than half time? 

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It’s part of football, it’s why we have a (shite) squad, it’s CL’s job to deal with the injuries as it is with every other manager.  He’s failing miserably.  And we should be able to beat Hamilton, Ross Co, East Fife, etc without these players.  In fact, some of them played against these teams.

No more excuses about injuries ffs!  It’s pathetic.

Yip.

Some of them did, indeed, play against those teams. Look at the team v East Fife for example. 

Time’s up. Saveable season if we act now.

Can’t wait any longer.

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Injuries Baxfee.

So why were we still shite last season when the injuries cleared up?

4 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Name another I’m still waiting.

Cardiff, Everton, Dunfermline, Ospreys, NFL teams, NRL teams...

5 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

Do you accept that even with players missing, the manager got the formation completely wrong and should have changed it much sooner than half time? 

He made a mistake with the formation no doubt. 

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Cardiff, Everton, Dunfermline, Ospreys, NFL teams, NRL teams...

Utter drivel. 

Hampden Demolition

I’m now past the point of moaning about Levein as we are not being listened to anyway. Unfortunately I think we need to accept he is here until at least the end of the season. Fans can either choose to go to the games or not, it won’t make a blind bit of difference to Budge. The way she probably sees it is she just needs to ride the storm until the end of the season then she’s off anyway.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Hampden Demolition said:

I’m now past the point of moaning about Levein as we are not being listened to anyway. Unfortunately I think we need to accept he is here until at least the end of the season. Fans can either choose to go to the games or not, it won’t make a blind bit of difference to Budge. The way she probably sees it is she just needs to ride the storm until the end of the season then she’s off anyway.

I absolutely refuse to accept that. He should be nowhere near this club by the end of the season.

It’s not even just the results. It’s the shocking recruitment over a sustained period which has left us with no foundations, no spine in the team, no long serving players who know the score and no proper leadership. 

Our team is a a reflection of the regime - Zero ambition and zero expectations. I’m so disappointed in Budge. I always thought she’d have more about her than this. 

We_are_the_Hearts
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I absolutely refuse to accept that. He should be nowhere near this club by the end of the season.

It’s not even just the results. It’s the shocking recruitment over a sustained period which has left us with no foundations, no spine in the team, no long serving players who know the score and no proper leadership. 

Our team is a a reflection of the regime - Zero ambition and zero expectations. I’m so disappointed in Budge. I always thought she’d have more about her than this. 

Yip, her legacy will be nowhere near that of Mercer or Romanov for allowing this shambles to continue.

Hampden Demolition
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Agreed but I feel if she was going to do it, it would’ve been done by now. No point holding out for an announcement. Budge is watching the same as us and quite frankly is giving the impression that she is satisfied with how things are going.

20 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

He made a mistake with the formation no doubt. 

Yes, and I'm fairly sure a simple back 4 with a proper left back would have stood up to the goal we conceded. 

To simply make a like for like sub when darmour got Injured was just criminal. 

We_are_the_Hearts
5 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

Yes, and I'm fairly sure a simple back 4 with a proper left back would have stood up to the goal we conceded. 

To simply make a like for like sub when darmour got Injured was just criminal. 

What did you expect? He is a stubborn *****.

15 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Yip, her legacy will be nowhere near that of Mercer or Romanov for allowing this shambles to continue.

It’s a shame but you are bang on it’s diminishing by the week 

Reckon if it was polled most would want her gone 

Mid Calder Jambo
17 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

It’s a shame but you are bang on it’s diminishing by the week 

Reckon if it was polled most would want her gone 

Her time to go arrived with that last statement of nonsense a couple of weeks ago.  She is now treating the fans the same way Levein is and this is that they don't give a tom tit about them.

1 hour ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

:rofl:

All roads lead to Gorgie

So Monday has arrived and he is still in a job. Another miserable week ahead folks! :(

We_are_the_Hearts
Just now, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

So Monday has arrived and he is still in a job. Another miserable week ahead folks! :(

Yip, expect some statement about the Women's team or something arriving in your email soon.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic