Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

16 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

This thread should be closed immediately, Craig says we haven't got a clue as we've never done his job.  Everyone is to shut up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49436319

"Thankfully, most of the owners aren't quite as jumpy as sometimes the punters can be," said the Hearts boss. "I'm not sure how much of it is actually your everyday supporter. I'm not sure how much it involves them. I think they just get on with their lives."

The growing influence of social media also has to be taken into account, according to Levein.

"You are always dealing with the extremes in football and in particular with social media," he added.

Levein's Hearts travel to Celtic Park on Premiership duty on Sunday

"So I think everybody needs just to take a breath and just wait and see. Normally you would get halfway through a season before you would be judged on how things are going. You don't even get to the start of the season now. It's crazy.

"Anybody who has been in the managerial position and done it understands that. Ones who haven't, who just open their mouth and let a load of crap come out. You have to have been in that position, worn somebody's shoes before I think you have the right to criticise. A lot of it just now is just noise from people who are experts at making noise. 

"Why do I do it? It's a bug. It's a drug. It's just what I do and without it it's just not the same. But it's getting worse. And I laugh about because I don't see what I can change."

Jesus **** not this again 🙈

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

At least Ann and Craig do their talking on camera. Not like the pigeon chests frequent these parts. The amount of self called business and expert football technicaly minded Jambos here do all the whining moaning foaming frothing point scores and posse backed simpletons . would imagine you could do a video and gain support. I would be interested in analysing you know f all's 

41 minutes ago, sam? said:

Probably because he’s won 4 league games in 2019 and none in ten 

Shocking record. 

2 hours ago, AJAMBO said:

Ann has the birds eye view a very smart acute person won't give anything up easily. Don't kid yourself on regarding football matter's plenty people around her know how passionate she is there's a good eye there. The fact it's a female who is more ept at business than the art of football doesn't mean there's a clueless footie fan who doesn't know the game . Ann knows more than any of us the inside workings of a football club and all it's departments. It's time for the first team we are seeing the early signs of more expensive talent there's more to come. Hearts value on the squad to investment is around £10M at the moment that doesn't include the potential sell on . Don't need to invent stuff when you haven't been told officially.

I am sure that it is not just me but I am seriously struggling to decipher what you are actually trying to say in some of your posts.

It is a bit like Hagar who put a question mark at the end of each sentence.

John mcCartney
3 hours ago, graygo said:

We're in the exact same place we were before the weekend.

:cornette:

5 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

I am sure

I am sure that it is not just me but I am seriously struggling to decipher what you are actually trying to say in some of your posts.

that it is not just me but I am seriously struggling to decipher what you are actually trying to say in some of your posts.

Aw really . here's a surprise. I do not care what you think or am I interested

Edited by AJAMBO

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, graygo said:

We're in the exact same place we were before the weekend.

Correct.

We are still shite.

14 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Also Hagar didn't do anything was the creator / artist. Try harder . the gauntlet would test you

Dusk_Till_Dawn

We are shite.

we been shite for ages.

if you can’t see this, **** off and follow some sport you understand.

13 minutes ago, AJAMBO said:

Also Hagar didn't do anything was the creator / artist. Try harder . the gauntlet would test you

Thats me well and truly felt then eh?

I suggest you stop now before it is too late.

Perhaps another JKBer can inform our new member who Hagar was as I cannot be bothered.

You have much to learn new one

Thats me well and truly felt then eh?

I suggest you stop now before it is too late.

Perhaps another JKBer can inform our new member who Hagar was as I cannot be bothered.

You have much to learn new one

Just saying. Before what's too late ????????????????????????

Edited by AJAMBO

3 minutes ago, AJAMBO said:

Just saying

All that is required now is for you to find a suitable emoji to negate the use of any text in your posts.

1 hour ago, AJAMBO said:

Not worth the bet. Sarcasm is good. FOH money badly invested. It's Our Money Ya Plant. Ooft

Eh? 

Just now, 7628mm said:

All that is required now is for you to find a suitable emoji to negate the use of any text in your posts.

Swearing here won't be good on me I've already had a red face Posted for the f word . So what's your problem here right now with me seeing as your trying to be smart on your device ?

35 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

We are shite.

we been shite for ages.

if you can’t see this, **** off and follow some sport you understand.

You should be directing that at Budge

Guest ToqueJambo

If his time wasn't up before playing Celtic away it's not going to be up afterwards. Lose the next few games and things might be different.

The bookies are just making money off the fact that Levein is getting the most public stick from some Hearts fans. If I had to, I'd put my money on Heckingbottom personally. They're playing worse than us and have made worse signings than us plus they have a new owner who wasn't there when he was hired. Either him or Tommy Wright. 

7 minutes ago, AJAMBO said:

Swearing here won't be good on me I've already had a red face Posted for the f word . So what's your problem here right now with me seeing as your trying to be smart on your device ?

Look I am trying to help you here as you are very new to the board.

2 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Look I am trying to help you here as you are very new to the board.

Educate me then let it out

Big Slim Stylee
2 minutes ago, AJAMBO said:

Educate me then let it out

Have you just discovered Social Media?

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

If his time wasn't up before playing Celtic away it's not going to be up afterwards. Lose the next few games and things might be different.

The bookies are just making money off the fact that Levein is getting the most public stick from some Hearts fans. If I had to, I'd put my money on Heckingbottom personally. They're playing worse than us and have made worse signings than us plus they have a new owner who wasn't there when he was hired. Either him or Tommy Wright. 

Need exciting bright coaches from  our system Austin kirk and outside Ferguson . that's only my opinion a guy like David Robertson without the public swearing would be great as I feel he and they have hunger and strong winning football ways and vision.

2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

I suspect we will see a very different Hearts on Saturday. Our season starts now. Can’t change what happened yesterday and no amount of moaning on here is gonna get rid of Levein.  Anything that had to be said has been said and all agreements had. For that reason am looking forward to Saturday and giving the management team the benefit of doubt. By the end of September we should be sitting closer to 3rd and in a semi final again. 3 home games and a derby. I suspect we will see a big improvement on Saturday. 

Based on what exactly?

2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

I suspect we will see a very different Hearts on Saturday. Our season starts now. Can’t change what happened yesterday and no amount of moaning on here is gonna get rid of Levein.  Anything that had to be said has been said and all agreements had. For that reason am looking forward to Saturday and giving the management team the benefit of doubt. By the end of September we should be sitting closer to 3rd and in a semi final again. 3 home games and a derby. I suspect we will see a big improvement on Saturday. 

It's this kind of attitude that has led to Levein being in charge for so long. There was an opportunity for us to enter our first league game on the back of four comprehensive wins with some wind in our sails and high confidence among the team after our league cup group. I'm certain if we had won those games comfortably then we would have beaten Aberdeen and then beaten Ross County. That coupled with the win against Motherwell should have put us in a position to have a real go at Celtic, who I genuinely feel are weaker than they were last season. Instead we stuttered in our league cup group, lost to Aberdeen, drew luckily with County. It looked like a very small corner was beginning to turn after the Motherwell game, yet Sunday's performance reminded us that Levein is unable to set up a team to play well in Glasgow and doesn't have the faith to be more adventurous and as such quite possibly has knocked any confidence that we gained in the league cup win. 

I would rather we went to parkhead or ibrox and had a go at the two of them and ended up losing rather than setting a team up to try and get a draw, lose an early goal and look almost impossible to get anything out of the game because our set up and tactics aren't for us to try and score and win a match. We're still getting beat but at least we are trying to play and win. 

Levein should have been sacked months ago and the longer he stays the worse it's going to get for the fans especially when results don't go our way, which we know can happen easily even if you are on a good run of form.

This it starts now rubbish needs to stop. It should have started against Dundee United for this season and it didn't.  The fact it didn't and didn't get started against 3 worse sides than Dundee United says all you need to about Levein and his management style. 

10 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Have you just discovered Social Media?

5 minutes ago, AJAMBO said:

Yes about two months ago

BSS can you give AJ any assistance here as I am probably not the best person to help?

Thanking you in advance

1 hour ago, AJAMBO said:

At least Ann and Craig do their talking on camera. Not like the pigeon chests frequent these parts. The amount of self called business and expert football technicaly minded Jambos here do all the whining moaning foaming frothing point scores and posse backed simpletons . would imagine you could do a video and gain support. I would be interested in analysing you know f all's 

4 league wins this year. Whos the one that really knows F all?

Just now, dougal said:

It's this kind of attitude that has led to Levein being in charge for so long. There was an opportunity for us to enter our first league game on the back of four comprehensive wins with some wind in our sails and high confidence among the team after our league cup group. I'm certain if we had won those games comfortably then we would have beaten Aberdeen and then beaten Ross County. That coupled with the win against Motherwell should have put us in a position to have a real go at Celtic, who I genuinely feel are weaker than they were last season. Instead we stuttered in our league cup group, lost to Aberdeen, drew luckily with County. It looked like a very small corner was beginning to turn after the Motherwell game, yet Sunday's performance reminded us that Levein is unable to set up a team to play well in Glasgow and doesn't have the faith to be more adventurous and as such quite possibly has knocked any confidence that we gained in the league cup win. 

I would rather we went to parkhead or ibrox and had a go at the two of them and ended up losing rather than setting a team up to try and get a draw, lose an early goal and look almost impossible to get anything out of the game because our set up and tactics aren't for us to try and score and win a match. We're still getting beat but at least we are trying to play and win. 

Levein should have been sacked months ago and the longer he stays the worse it's going to get for the fans especially when results don't go our way, which we know can happen easily even if you are on a good run of form.

This it starts now rubbish needs to stop. It should have started against Dundee United for this season and it didn't.  The fact it didn't and didn't get started against 3 worse sides than Dundee United says all you need to about Levein and his management style. 

Am a serial Levein doubter. My point was more aimed at going over and over again about the same points. Levein will be in charge on a Saturday, sadly in my opinion, and will no doubt be in charge win lose or draw on Saturday for the Motherwell game. All the points have been made, you make some great points yourself, ones that I’ve made myself. No matter how many times we say it on here, it’s not changed a thing and that was more my point. So come Saturday I expect to see an improvement on what we saw yesterday, against my better judgement, I am happy to trust the management team to get it right this Saturday. If they fail to get things any better by full time of the Motherwell game id be very surprised if he was still in charge. 

He's hardly going to get the bullet any time soon after the backing he has had in the transfer market of late. 

2 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

BSS can you give AJ any assistance here as I am probably not the best person to help?

Thanking you in advance

I'm still trying to get used to using a phone its very different from paper and doesn't have a doodle pencil 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, TheStig said:

4 league wins this year. Whos the one that really knows F all?

What is this obsession with seasons flowing into each other!? It's a new season with half a new team FFS. So that's no league wins thank you very much but I'm sure that will change soon. The squad is much stronger even though we seem to have a continuation of our injury problems. If Levein can't put together a  competitive team from our squad this season then he won't have a hiding place. I'm still confident we'll start picking up points with 2 of our 3 hardest games of the first round of fixtures out the way.

9 minutes ago, AJAMBO said:

I'm still trying to get used to using a phone its very different from paper and doesn't have a doodle pencil 

I use a PC in the main for posting on JKB and look on my phone but try not to post as I find it a pain and too easy to make mistakes 

After every game simply say our season starts now. Then listen to the latest excuse and supporter bashing session from CL. Sorted!

1 minute ago, 7628mm said:

I use a PC in the main for posting on JKB and look on my phone but try not to post as I find it a pain and too easy to make mistakes 

Its difficult. My vevobook is needing fixed and I'm skint spending money on Hearts 

26 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Am a serial Levein doubter. My point was more aimed at going over and over again about the same points. Levein will be in charge on a Saturday, sadly in my opinion, and will no doubt be in charge win lose or draw on Saturday for the Motherwell game. All the points have been made, you make some great points yourself, ones that I’ve made myself. No matter how many times we say it on here, it’s not changed a thing and that was more my point. So come Saturday I expect to see an improvement on what we saw yesterday, against my better judgement, I am happy to trust the management team to get it right this Saturday. If they fail to get things any better by full time of the Motherwell game id be very surprised if he was still in charge. 

I hope you're right one way or another. 

12 minutes ago, AJAMBO said:

Its difficult. My vevobook is needing fixed and I'm skint spending money on Hearts 

it was easier in the old days with less items, especially technology, taking away the footie funds

Big Slim Stylee
39 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Thanking you in advance

As an officially certified social media guru, and despite his madly creative username, my professional advice to @AJAMBO is "Stop it. Stop it now." 

41 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

What is this obsession with seasons flowing into each other!? It's a new season with half a new team FFS. So that's no league wins thank you very much but I'm sure that will change soon. The squad is much stronger even though we seem to have a continuation of our injury problems. If Levein can't put together a  competitive team from our squad this season then he won't have a hiding place. I'm still confident we'll start picking up points with 2 of our 3 hardest games of the first round of fixtures out the way.

New season same old shit out on the park.

58 minutes ago, dougal said:

The bit in bold followed by Then we would win all our home games by at least 3 goals and beat everyone away from home bar a last minute equaliser against Rangers. This would have given us the league title and a record points tally. If only we had got rid of Levein.

Never read the rest of your blurb but you really should have added this.

There is a really good Terrace podcast done by Craig Fowler about Levein prior to and after the Motherwell game. Unlike here it is very well balanced and makes a lot of sense. Sense spoken both by Craig and by the supporters he interviews in the podcast. If you can check it out. 

Premise below:

The second SFL of the new season sees Craig Fowler take in Motherwell v Hearts and talk to supporters before and after the game about Craig Levein's management of the club.

Edited by sadj

Guest ToqueJambo
48 minutes ago, TheStig said:

New season same old shit out on the park.

Fair enough. Two decent performances vs Well and Aberdeen, even though we lost to Aberdeen, one stinker vs County and one pretty predictable Parkhead performance for me, plus we're still in the LC with a winnable next tie. Far from the worst start to a season.

Forever Hearts
10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Fair enough. Two decent performances vs Well and Aberdeen, even though we lost to Aberdeen, one stinker vs County and one pretty predictable Parkhead performance for me, plus we're still in the LC with a winnable next tie. Far from the worst start to a season.

Erm, we're bottom of the league. How much worse could it get exactly?

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Decent performance v well i agree, we were pretty poor v aberdeen until naismith came on. Less said about RC game the better. Celtic away is not worth while  getting up set about that. LC performances extremely poor considering the calibre of the opposition. Far from a convincing start too.

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think most fans are willing to start afresh with a new season, especially after a much better cup final than we anticipated. 

But the fact remains that Levein is under pressure to deliver this season and needed to hit the ground strongly. A poor League Cup group didn’t bode well as 4 out of 4 would have sent a message out that we were a force. Follow it up with a poor display at Pittodrie, 20 minutes aside, a disgrace at home to Ross County and our usual defeat at celtic. 

Levein started the season in deficit and, over 8 games so far, only one or two have given us reason to believe things are different. 

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Erm...... one home game , away to Celtic , Sheep , R County was a disaster granted , but a little harsh  

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Getintaethem said:

This thread should be closed immediately, Craig says we haven't got a clue as we've never done his job.  Everyone is to shut up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49436319

"Thankfully, most of the owners aren't quite as jumpy as sometimes the punters can be," said the Hearts boss. "I'm not sure how much of it is actually your everyday supporter. I'm not sure how much it involves them. I think they just get on with their lives."

The growing influence of social media also has to be taken into account, according to Levein.

"You are always dealing with the extremes in football and in particular with social media," he added.

Levein's Hearts travel to Celtic Park on Premiership duty on Sunday

"So I think everybody needs just to take a breath and just wait and see. Normally you would get halfway through a season before you would be judged on how things are going. You don't even get to the start of the season now. It's crazy.

"Anybody who has been in the managerial position and done it understands that. Ones who haven't, who just open their mouth and let a load of crap come out. You have to have been in that position, worn somebody's shoes before I think you have the right to criticise. A lot of it just now is just noise from people who are experts at making noise. 

"Why do I do it? It's a bug. It's a drug. It's just what I do and without it it's just not the same. But it's getting worse. And I laugh about because I don't see what I can change."

Has he ever been a referee or a TV pundit or a politician?

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Did you no start a thread the other week saying you’d give it time? 🤔

1 hour ago, sadj said:

There is a really good Terrace podcast done by Craig Fowler about Levein prior to and after the Motherwell game. Unlike here it is very well balanced and makes a lot of sense. Sense spoken both by Craig and by the supporters he interviews in the podcast. If you can check it out. 

Premise below:

The second SFL of the new season sees Craig Fowler take in Motherwell v Hearts and talk to supporters before and after the game about Craig Levein's management of the club.

Where’s this podcast Sadj? Is it on Craig’s Twitter page and posted today? 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic