• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Has he ever been a referee or a TV pundit or a politician?

It’s pretty offensive stuff from him and shows how detached from reality he has become. He’s living in his own little bubble where time and patience (other people’s, naturally) are infinite commodities to be offered up to him as of right, despite the fact that his managerial record long ago became the stuff of routine sackings.

If he doesn’t recognise the incredible patience the Hearts support has shown over the past few years, he doesn’t deserve to continue in his job. If he has lost touch with the realities of being a manager in a here-and-now business to the extent that he expects a free ride this season in terms of yet more tolerance of shite performances, ditto. Interestingly, while he expects us all to take (yet another) breath and wait and see, he has seemingly completely failed to absorb Ann Budge’s message that when things are not right, the club wants and expects criticism.

20 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Where’s this podcast Sadj? Is it on Craig’s Twitter page and posted today? 

Pm’d ya mate , its from the 19th August

43 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think most fans are willing to start afresh with a new season, especially after a much better cup final than we anticipated. 

But the fact remains that Levein is under pressure to deliver this season and needed to hit the ground strongly. A poor League Cup group didn’t bode well as 4 out of 4 would have sent a message out that we were a force. Follow it up with a poor display at Pittodrie, 20 minutes aside, a disgrace at home to Ross County and our usual defeat at celtic. 

Levein started the season in deficit and, over 8 games so far, only one or two have given us reason to believe things are different. 

He def has no credit in the bank. Some of the lunacy though is mad. Celtic wasn’t a bad performance 1-1 or 1-0 us wouldn’t of flattered us just as 3-1 didn’t flatter Celtic. Aberdeen the gameplan was superb but as with Celtic individual mistakes were punished. We should of won that no question. Ross County was a disgrace , a pissed up loss to Hibs in the 70s was less of a disgrace. Motherwell was a really good performance , a system that worked and Washington at the tip of it was superb. Levein has to keep that level of performance up home and away and get results or the position is untenable as head coach. That would mean a lot of continuity could go tits up before things change next year. Id rather we just got on with it and showed the capability of the squad which is without doubt the third best this season. 

4 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Got it, cheers. 👍🏼

Let me know your thoughts , i thought it was a cracker and very balanced and sensible opinions from both Craig and the fans. Though the fact it echoes my thoughts prob helps 😂

Edited by sadj

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, leginten said:

It’s pretty offensive stuff from him and shows how detached from reality he has become. He’s living in his own little bubble where time and patience (other people’s, naturally) are infinite commodities to be offered up to him as of right, despite the fact that his managerial record long ago became the stuff of routine sackings.

If he doesn’t recognise the incredible patience the Hearts support has shown over the past few years, he doesn’t deserve to continue in his job. If he has lost touch with the realities of being a manager in a here-and-now business to the extent that he expects a free ride this season in terms of yet more tolerance of shite performances, ditto. Interestingly, while he expects us all to take (yet another) breath and wait and see, he has seemingly completely failed to absorb Ann Budge’s message that when things are not right, the club wants and expects criticism.

Absolutely. Did you see the interview where he sat like a naughty schoolboy smirking about how Budge had told him off. Not many people would get away with mocking their boss is such a fashion in the media.

Craig is hardly qualified rarely went to a game last season. Mr Murray now theirs true Hearts fan let's just give him till Xmas at least. 

2 hours ago, 7628mm said:

it was easier in the old days with less items, especially technology, taking away the footie funds

I missed the smart technology boom 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely. Did you see the interview where he sat like a naughty schoolboy smirking about how Budge had told him off. Not many people would get away with mocking their boss is such a fashion in the media.

His assertion that people need to have been football managers before they can criticise is way beyond arrogance. It’s almost deranged. This is by far the most worrying stuff I’ve heard or read from him and it gives me the feeling that he has lost it completely. 

2 hours ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

As an officially certified social media guru, and despite his madly creative username, my professional advice to @AJAMBO is "Stop it. Stop it now." 

Stop what

Edited by AJAMBO

7 minutes ago, sadj said:

He def has no credit in the bank. Some of the lunacy though is mad. Celtic wasn’t a bad performance 1-1 or 1-0 us wouldn’t of flattered us just as 3-1 didn’t flatter Celtic. Aberdeen the gameplan was superb but as with Celtic individual mistakes were punished. We should of won that no question. Ross County was a disgrace , a pissed up loss to Hibs in the 70s was less of a disgrace. Motherwell was a really good performance , a system that worked and Washington at the tip of it was superb. Levein has to keep that level of performance up home and away and get results or the position is untenable as head coach. That would mean a lot of continuity could go tits up before things change next year. Id rather we just got on with it and showed the capability of the squad which is without doubt the third best this season. 

I never expect much through there at the best of times but, if you fail to take care of Ross County at home, you ramp up the pressure to get something in Glasgow. A draw would have carried on the good work of Motherwell - even losing to a dodgy Collum-inspired decision would have helped. 

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, leginten said:

His assertion that people need to have been football managers before they can criticise is way beyond arrogance. It’s almost deranged. This is by far the most worrying stuff I’ve heard or read from him and it gives me the feeling that he has lost it completely. 

I find it hard to watch any of his interviews now because of the amount of nonsense he spouts. I’m pretty sure most owners of football clubs haven’t been managers but will criticise and sack managers if they see fit. 

26 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I never expect much through there at the best of times but, if you fail to take care of Ross County at home, you ramp up the pressure to get something in Glasgow. A draw would have carried on the good work of Motherwell - even losing to a dodgy Collum-inspired decision would have helped. 

See thats fair but I don’t think yesterday wasn’t a continuation of Motherwell there were positives. The bad thing is the continual ****ing brainfarts. If we sort them we could have a good season and be in a great place to handover to FoH next year. If not its gonna be a ***** of a season and CL won’t be there and the continuity will be tits up. 

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Has he ever been a referee or a TV pundit or a politician?

Looking forward to the next time he criticises a referee now

See if he practices what he preaches.

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

Looking forward to the next time he criticises a referee now

See if he practices what he preaches.

Did he also hand down a decree about whether or not fans are allowed to offer praise?

Presumably we’re not qualified to do that either if we haven’t been managers.

37 minutes ago, leginten said:

See thats just being narrowminded in your view. Its clear it was an unsubtle dig at Stewart. He wasn’t talking about you and me but people in the media thowing their weight about when they haven’t been in that situation. He mentioned fans and said its not your normal punter the my get on with life. We all get pissed off at the games then go back expecting to win the next game.

Just now, sadj said:

See thats just being narrowminded in your view. Its clear it was an unsubtle dig at Stewart. He wasn’t talking about you and me but people in the media thowing their weight about when they haven’t been in that situation. He mentioned fans and said its not your normal punter the my get on with life. We all get pissed off at the games then go back expecting to win the next game.

It may be clear to you, but it’s not clear to me. I don’t think he can take any criticism, no matter where it’s from. His comments about social media would indicate to me that he’s not simply having a go at Michael Stewart or other pundits.

9 minutes ago, leginten said:

It may be clear to you, but it’s not clear to me. I don’t think he can take any criticism, no matter where it’s from. His comments about social media would indicate to me that he’s not simply having a go at Michael Stewart or other pundits.

Stewart is notorious on social media. Levein is a very stubborn man but he is not stupid and he is 💯 a maroon bleeding jambo.

Edited by sadj

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, sadj said:

He was having a go at Stewart but even that’s wrong, an ex player is uniquely qualified to criticise managers, especially if you’ve played under one of the best ever and Levein. He said normal fans go about their business and don’t carry it around, that’s nonsense too as they no doubt go to work and talk to friends and colleagues about football. Or did he just mean guys like you and me that come on here? 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Stewart is notorious on social media. Levein is a very stubborn man but he is not stupid and he is 💯 a maroon bleeding jambo.

So are we, we haven’t been made millionaires for the privilege though.

14 minutes ago, leginten said:

I think that's a fair take on what he said. The irony is that him and Stewart have exactly the same issue, hubris prevents them from realising that they often sound ridiculous. Not one fan isn't aware we have been poor for the whole of this calendar year so suggesting it's only the beginning of the season is transparently nonsense. In the current situation why say anything until the team has started to string together a few results and show genuine signs of recovery.

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, leginten said:

Did he also hand down a decree about whether or not fans are allowed to offer praise?

Presumably we’re not qualified to do that either if we haven’t been managers.

Good point, can’t give him praise eh 🤷🏾‍♂️.

3 hours ago, graygo said:

The bit in bold followed by Then we would win all our home games by at least 3 goals and beat everyone away from home bar a last minute equaliser against Rangers. This would have given us the league title and a record points tally. If only we had got rid of Levein.

Never read the rest of your blurb but you really should have added this.

Ok, just so I've got it right. Winning games doesn't improve confidence?? Should we not expect to be beating teams from the leagues below us?? Or at home to teams who have just won promotion??

You don't think that if we'd gone into the Aberdeen game on the back of 4 comfortable victories that we would more than likely held on for the win?? Or that if we were undefeated at the start of the season the fans would've been behind us in our first home league game and that the confidence gathered after a good start could've led to us winning that game. 

The bottom line is Levein failed the team and the fans at the start of the season and so far one half decent performance out of 8 is all we've got to show for ourselves and if not for a missed penalty we'd be sitting bottom of the league. How anyone can think this is acceptable really does amaze me.

Edited by dougal

56 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He was having a go at Stewart but even that’s wrong, an ex player is uniquely qualified to criticise managers, especially if you’ve played under one of the best ever and Levein. He said normal fans go about their business and don’t carry it around, that’s nonsense too as they no doubt go to work and talk to friends and colleagues about football. Or did he just mean guys like you and me that come on here? 

You may be right but you're stretching the point.  Anyone reading that phrase could easily believe he was one of Fergie's lynchpins.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, leginten said:

He was asked a question about the pressure on managers these days and he gave an honest answer. It's not like he released a statement or something!

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Did you no start a thread the other week saying you’d give it time? 🤔

He got behind the team for a little over a week. 

Defeat to celtic away and the baw is burst, again. 

Alex Kintner
9 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

:indeed:

Pasquale for King
13 hours ago, dougal said:

Ok, just so I've got it right. Winning games doesn't improve confidence?? Should we not expect to be beating teams from the leagues below us?? Or at home to teams who have just won promotion??

You don't think that if we'd gone into the Aberdeen game on the back of 4 comfortable victories that we would more than likely held on for the win?? Or that if we were undefeated at the start of the season the fans would've been behind us in our first home league game and that the confidence gathered after a good start could've led to us winning that game. 

The bottom line is Levein failed the team and the fans at the start of the season and so far one half decent performance out of 8 is all we've got to show for ourselves and if not for a missed penalty we'd be sitting bottom of the league. How anyone can think this is acceptable really does amaze me.

Well said, but beat Hamilton and everything is fine?

Fan boys have arrived en masse as per.

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Well said, but beat Hamilton and everything is fine?

Fan boys have arrived en masse as per.

:laugh:

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:laugh:

Craig Levein has "been given everything" as Hearts manager but failed to maximise his resources, says former Tynecastle midfielder Michael Stewart, while BBC Scotland's chief sports writer Tom English believes the Gorgie club are in a "very bad place" with no league wins in 10 matches.

The Real Maroonblood
30 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Craig Levein has "been given everything" as Hearts manager but failed to maximise his resources, says former Tynecastle midfielder Michael Stewart, while BBC Scotland's chief sports writer Tom English believes the Gorgie club are in a "very bad place" with no league wins in 10 matches.

Fair comment.

Forever Hearts
20 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I am giving it time. But the fact is we are bottom of the feckin league so therefore things could not get any worse. 

Guest ToqueJambo
14 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I am giving it time. But the fact is we are bottom of the feckin league so therefore things could not get any worse. 

We’re second bottom so it could get worse. Relegation decider this weekend?

Seriously we’ve started badly but do you think livi will finish 3rd, Aberdeen 5th and hibs 7th? Plenty time to turn things around

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Seriously we’ve started badly but do you think livi will finish 3rd, Aberdeen 5th and hibs 7th? Plenty time to turn things around

Aberdeen finishing 5th possibly and Hibs 7th could well be what happens to be honest.

Forever Hearts
23 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Ok, second bottom on goal difference sounds so much better. As for we've started badly, have you been asleep for the past ten months? 

im not bothered He is a loser i will not go back till he is gone money in my pocket 2 kids  with me

Has a Hearts manager ever had it better?

A fully supportive owner (almost like parent to child unconditional support)

Endless signings and carte blanche with it

Top of the range facilities

And we underperform every week.

Enough is enough unless you are Budge who thinks 3 SPL wins out of 18 is doing a "great job".

Edited by i8hibsh

It is all ABs doing. If she put pressure on then CL would produce better results. CL is working in a pressure free environment. No-one ever produced an 'A' game in that.

CloustonHMFC

Arguably played two of the hardest fixtures in our league season already and one poor result against Ross County. We won’t be anywhere near bottom after the next 8 league games.

12 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Ok, second bottom on goal difference sounds so much better. As for we've started badly, have you been asleep for the past ten months? 

16 points in our last 20 games, is it?

Thats around 31-ish for a 38 game season. Should see us involved in a money  spinna of a Play-Off 👍🏻

Bazzas right boot
55 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It is all ABs doing. If she put pressure on then CL would produce better results. CL is working in a pressure free environment. No-one ever produced an 'A' game in that.

Absolute shite. 

Anyone that is competent or ambitious, never mind interested and passionate will put pressure on themselves, they won't need baby sitted. 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 hour ago, DarioHMFC said:

Arguably played two of the hardest fixtures in our league season already and one poor result against Ross County. We won’t be anywhere near bottom after the next 8 league games.

Good that you’re full of confidence that a turnaround is round the corner but one poor result?! What the **** are you talking about man?! The dreadful form stretches back nearly a ****ing YEAR! 

Article on the beeb today.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49477027

The Tynecastle side have failed to emulate last season's quick start, but their poor run stretches back quite some time. In fact, after taking 25 points from the first 30 available in the Premiership last term, they won only 14 of their next 42 games - and five of those were against lower-league teams.

A dominant performance at Motherwell earned Hearts a place in the League Cup quarter-finals but only after a shaky group campaign in which they lost to League One part-timers East Fife on penalties.

The last 10 league games make particularly grim reading and are a far cry from the "hunger and ambition" of early last season. However, it is worth noting that Ross County are the only team from outside last season's top five that they have faced in that time.

1 minute ago, Section Q said:

Article on the beeb today.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49477027

The Tynecastle side have failed to emulate last season's quick start, but their poor run stretches back quite some time. In fact, after taking 25 points from the first 30 available in the Premiership last term, they won only 14 of their next 42 games - and five of those were against lower-league teams.

A dominant performance at Motherwell earned Hearts a place in the League Cup quarter-finals but only after a shaky group campaign in which they lost to League One part-timers East Fife on penalties.

The last 10 league games make particularly grim reading and are a far cry from the "hunger and ambition" of early last season. However, it is worth noting that Ross County are the only team from outside last season's top five that they have faced in that time.

I see this is the latest argument: "but we have played teams in the Top 5!!"

Bottom-6 mentality, akin to something you would find on the St Johnstone message board.

Wee team mentality has well and truly set in throughout the club.

However, it is interesting to note that the only major personnel change at the back is Christophe Berra, who only played two of the unbeaten 10 games last season but started all 10 of this recent dire run. On that evidence, might Levein be better partnering new recruit Craig Halkett with John Souttar when the latter returns from injury?

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

CL is working in a pressure free environment.

Levein’s office is above the Kármán line?

:wow:

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic