Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

Andy Kirk is the obvious replacement as he is part of the coaching blue print. Outside Hearts I'm sure there's a yet to be discovered Gem. I would like Sergio to have a go with the current backing Craig has.

Edited by AJAMBO

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

This Michael O'Neill chat is feckin tedious.

I've got a great idea, let's start paying our managers 20k a week. 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Super_Hans said:

This Michael O'Neill chat is feckin tedious.

I've got a great idea, let's start paying hibs twats 20k a week. 

Ftfy

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 minutes ago, AJAMBO said:

Andy Kirk is the obvious replacement as he is part of the coaching blue print. Outside Hearts I'm sure there's a yet to be discovered Gem. I would like Sergio to have a go with the current backing Craig has.

WTF has Andy Kirk done precisely to get a managerial gig?

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Gary Rowett

Or, if we need a "name", why not try for Sol Campbell?

There's enough oddballs on Kickback. Don't need another in the dugout.

Its not a choice of mine. I stated he's the replacement if you go by the blueprint. Although he has the sides he manages playing good football. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, Super_Hans said:

There's enough oddballs on Kickback. Don't need another in the dugout.

See! There is actually no point in this thread as everyone suggested will be unacceptable to someone.

When you listen to his ridiculous ramblings about own goals on Sunday  you have to worry about his mental state. He’s lost the plot completely!!

1 hour ago, kingm616 said:

I have long been a supporter of Craig Levein, however our league form now suggests it’s time for a change. 

Question is who should we go after as his replacement? 

Who is available? 

Who would the fans choice be?

Personally i would go all out for Michael O’Neill. I think it would be hard to get him but we should do whatever it takes.

MO'N is on 600k with Northern Ireland. He would be a good choice but outwith our budget I think.

11 minutes ago, jambmoz said:

When you listen to his ridiculous ramblings about own goals on Sunday  you have to worry about his mental state. He’s lost the plot completely!!

Have you seen the 2 goals Craig mentions. I still can't tell who scored them . at the time I thought both were dodgey and schoolboy type errors. Both look like they could be  own goals

Edited by AJAMBO

5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

MO'N is on 600k with Northern Ireland. He would be a good choice but outwith our budget I think.

Does anyone know what the bold Craig is on ?

52 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Loved Craig Levein in his 1st stint as manager,a real tracksuit manager who kicked and headed every ball.That passion is gone,the fire in his belly has gone out.

Any good manager needs a strong team around him,I just dont see it with MacPhee,Daly and Fox.

His post game interviews are becoming more and more baffling with each passing game.The pressure is on Craig big time,it would be eternally sad to see a club legend have the fans turn on him.

This is an excellent post and it about sums Levein up at the moment. In my opinion the manager should be on the training ground every single day working on tactics and shape and he isn’t. 

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Does anyone know what the bold Craig is on ?

No, I don't Bob. I've not heard any figures mentioned. 

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

I’ve never seen any mention of it either, mate. Would be an interesting barometer for future coaches.

"This team are nearly there, but we need a little more from everybody," he told BBC Scotland.

Yet there is little evidence of any of this. 

Just now, Herbert said:

cant be more than 100k surely.

This convo has come up a few times im sure someone who is usually quite close with these things said it was about £130,000 for doing both. Mad when you think McInnes is on approaching 7figures

1 minute ago, sadj said:

This convo has come up a few times im sure someone who is usually quite close with these things said it was about £130,000 for doing both. Mad when you think McInnes is on approaching 7figures

That figure still seems low to me for his position(s) at the club.

16 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

He was on £800k an hour ago, another couple of hours and he'll be in our price range.

42 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Just heard on BBC Scotland that CL is saying he is "relaxed" about the situation. Now either some journo is taking the piss or he definitely needs to go because if I was relaxed about my work performance being as abysmal as his then I would be expecting the sack.

Financially I swithered before spending £500 for a season ticket that I couldn't really afford but I did it.  I really cannot be arsed about Saturday if we are going to have to watch that eye bleeding pish and I have just shelled out £20 for the save Levein's career game against Aberdeen.  Think I am the stupid one taking the piss out of myself.

No one is stupid, mate. I never renewed but will walk up as much as I can, regardless of him being there or not. 

I said it in another thread, if we don’t buck up, people will swerve games. The attendance may be given as 15k or whatever but it will be nothing like it in the ground. Hope it doesn’t come to that.

11 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

This is an excellent post and it about sums Levein up at the moment. In my opinion the manager should be on the training ground every single day working on tactics and shape and he isn’t. 

What days is he on the training ground?

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Would have thought it was a lot more than that Sadj tbh but, obviously, it's come from  a reliable source. And McInnes is on nearly 1m?? That's a huge disparity. If both we and Aberdeen were looking for a new manager at the same time, we would be shopping in completely different markets.

1 minute ago, graygo said:

He was on £800k an hour ago, another couple of hours and he'll be in our price range.

As I remember , he was on 500k until Scotland came calling. He signed a new contract and got another 100k, effectively thanks in part to his old nemesis Rod Petrie.

The Mercer Takeover

Lets just wait and see who applies.

Budge said the list of applicants the last time was outstanding.

Just a shame we then made a mess of it by employing the interviewer. What a shambles.

Would have thought it was a lot more than that Sadj tbh but, obviously, it's come from  a reliable source. And McInnes is on nearly 1m?? That's a huge disparity. If both we and Aberdeen were looking for a new manager at the same time, we would be shopping in completely different markets.

McInnes seems to use every opportunity or slight interest to get a new contract. Don’t hold me to this ( @Sir Gio maybe be able to give a more accurate account) but i believe it was roughly 750-800 then his nee contract in the summer bumped that up near 1mill.

i could be completely misremembering the info on CL i just remember it came up and a decent poster shot down rumours of the amount and it seemed less than you would expect but in the context of the clubs financial situation and Ann not taking a wage its entirely plausible. One thing people can’t throw at Levein is he doesn’t care about the club and its future. 

7 minutes ago, sadj said:

McInnes seems to use every opportunity or slight interest to get a new contract. Don’t hold me to this ( @Sir Gio maybe be able to give a more accurate account) but i believe it was roughly 750-800 then his nee contract in the summer bumped that up near 1mill.

i could be completely misremembering the info on CL i just remember it came up and a decent poster shot down rumours of the amount and it seemed less than you would expect but in the context of the clubs financial situation and Ann not taking a wage its entirely plausible. One thing people can’t throw at Levein is he doesn’t care about the club and its future. 

Yes, of course, I accept that Sadj.

1 hour ago, kingm616 said:

I have long been a supporter of Craig Levein, however our league form now suggests it’s time for a change. 

Who is available? 

Personally i would go all out for Michael O’Neill. I think it would be hard to get him but we should do whatever it takes.

NI still in Euro qualifiers.

Rumoured £800k a year salary.

Could always stop funding the womens team, who are amateurs,  and stop putting money in to the profitable events and hospitality section to fund.

Psychedelicropcircle

Craig says he just laughs at the criticism as there is nothing he can do about it.  I read that as he doesn’t have the skill set to manage this team to how we’d like to see them play. So aye he’s is right  

18 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Sorry but I had copyright on that one a few months back. 

My legal team will be in touch.

:wink:

😳  Obviously I need to read your posts more closely....

😉

been here before
2 hours ago, kingm616 said:

Who is available? 

Probably the same names that cropped up when this thread was last done about a fortnight ago. 

Just check there and you'll get your answer.

Horatio Caine
10 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Paulo Sergio. Would be humble enough to work under Levein and would give the place a lift. 

Back to the future eh?  Classic JKB

55 minutes ago, jambmoz said:

I mentioned the other week that I thought CL may be unwell like you have said and I got some serious abuse for being completely out of order and unacceptable behaviour on JKB.

I think you may be correct but keep it to yourself as it must not be mentioned, debated, thought about.

Edited by 7628mm

2 hours ago, kingm616 said:

Who is available? 

Big Sam 

ToadKiller Dog

He sounds like a manager who is wishing for good luck next time rather than full of confidence. 

The clamour for him to go is just going to grow ,he needs more than just wins next few games ,they need to be convincing if he is going to win back the more reasonably headed supporters who are now in the go camp.

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

LeylandJambo

Just to throw a name into the hat. I'd like to see Alex Neal considered. He seems to be doing a pretty decent job at Preston. 

Fire_At_The_Disco
Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

Inevitable sacking ?

When Levein does go it will be his decision 

Shouldn’t be the case, he’s a shite manager and shite managers get sacked all the time.

Personally not too happy with the form of the team but content with the overall success of the club in terms of sustainability. We are also attracting way higher calibre of players than before and just frustrating we are not getting the results. I don’t believe changing the manager is the right thing to do just now and although it will not be too popular I am resigned to another mediocre season to allow us to further stabilise and then install Naismith as player manager next year.....there are good times and bad times I believe our form is poor but we will come good

Gordon Ramsay
3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Inevitable sacking ?

Correct. 

Ann would follow Craig into the depths of League 1 before she acted. 

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Inevitable sacking ?

I seem to remember AB saying that CL was his own biggest critic and he would know when it was time for him to go.

Attention all JKBers and Hearts fans, under no circumstances hold your breath as your death will occur long before we get a new manager.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

6 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Relaxed is someone who really isn't that bothered 

And why wouldn't he be? He's got the type of job security any manager could dream of.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
4 minutes ago, salvo69 said:

Personally not too happy with the form of the team but content with the overall success of the club in terms of sustainability. We are also attracting way higher calibre of players than before and just frustrating we are not getting the results. I don’t believe changing the manager is the right thing to do just now and although it will not be too popular I am resigned to another mediocre season to allow us to further stabilise and then install Naismith as player manager next year.....there are good times and bad times I believe our form is poor but we will come good

I’m with you on this. I was very much in the  CL must go camp but I can see the bigger plan coming together nicely. Even tho’ Celtic won convincingly, two of their goals were fortunate and one screamer. That aside, our newly stitched together team played well. The components are all good and I think they’ll pick up momentum later as they start to gel.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
56 minutes ago, sadj said:

Info I got was 700k, but he has since extended, but no info as to what the new deal was, cant imagine it was any less.

This team needs to the end of September, a run of games, 22nd to 25th September will be pivotal for mood at least.

Naismith hasn't played yet, Whelan has played his first game and Damour is not familiar with the league just yet. It will take a few weeks, but its hard to imagine patience last past September if results are not markedly improved between now and then, with a run of games, this team has the ammunition to succeed in that period.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic