Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

Probably cause we are bottom I would have thought. 

We're in the exact same place we were before the weekend.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Leveins after match interviews are boring and embarrassing tbh.

They only had 5 shots on goal, two were own goals, the goals were soft, blah blah blah.

We got beat and with half an hour to go when they were 3 up they took their foot off the gas thankfully and were in second gear for most of the game anyway.

Fed up with his constant, boring ******** excuses.

16 minutes ago, graygo said:

Now favourite for the sack because we lost at Parkhead?

Hardly. Have you had a look at the other posts showing how poor his record has been since the middle of last season.

We always lose at Parkhead especially with the mindset of Levein it is bound to transmit to the players how negative he is.

It is not because of one defeat at Parkhead but a string of unacceptable performances and an equally unacceptable string of excuses as to why.

His time is up.

56 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Craig now bookies favourite to be the 1st manager to be sacked this season.

He's actually in the bookies the now, putting money on him staying. 

annushorribilis III
1 hour ago, sadj said:

You actually believe there is no discussions or plan for moving forward? I can tell you for a fact it was discussed prior to summer and has been many times. How many times have you seen people on here say oh god we will get Daly and people who have connections at the club (not talking about me) say Daly lolllllll not a ****ing chance - him and Fox are not seen as being capable of taking over as it stands. 

I believe what AB tells me - which is,  she is only "now" doing a review of the "football dept". Those are her exact words from just a few weeks ago, no ?  I couldn't care less what other posters say about Daly/Fox but if they are not seen as capable of taking over , that's a start. 

PS Is it true CL was  offered a 2 year extension - BEFORE she's completed her review ? 

Edit - yes, I do believe there is no plan for moving forwards. I believed it when CL was appointed as manager and I believe I it now.  

Edited by annushorribilis III

13 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

I believe what AB tells me - which is,  she is only "now" doing a review of the "football dept". Those are her exact words from just a few weeks ago, no ?  I couldn't care less what other posters say about Daly/Fox but if they are not seen as capable of taking over , that's a start. 

PS Is it true CL was  offered a 2 year extension - BEFORE she's completed her review ? 

Edit - yes, I do believe there is no plan for moving forwards. I believed it when CL was appointed as manager and I believe I it now.  

Ann doing a thorough review of the football department is not relevant to “is there a plan in place moving forward” she is a businesswoman so no matter what it is something that will of been discussed and outlined. Football is ever changing and that may be something that caught her on her heels but i’ll bet it wouldn’t for long. Levein is doing a good job away from the first team arguing that is crazy - though many do it. However at first team level offering him a new two year contract would be stupid and won’t of happened. Behind the scenes for that role  possibly - I would think his family would have a big say in whether that is taken or not. The first team managers job and DoF need seperated when looking at things and they also need imo to be done separately because they are both massive jobs. While the focus is split the chances of success are reduced

Edited by sadj

13 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Thats what we have come too 🙈

1 hour ago, Boab said:

Has anyone got a link to this supposed 2 year extension ?

I don’t recall any of this shit.

I think it's refering to Ann Budge on sky sports Scotland over 2 weeks ago a talk and walk from outside stand to the champions league dressing room. Ann indicated an extension offer with FOH over 2 years. The manager extention story is themed from Ann and Craigs working / friendship relations .2 + 2 = guff

Edited by AJAMBO

Is Budge carrying out a review of the football department herself?  Would genuinely be interested to see how this review looks.  

She hasn't got a clue about what a good football department looks like so I wonder how she's carrying out this review?  Levein doing it for her? :lol:

22 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

The review AB was talking about sounded to me to be more about the structure of the Department and who reports to who etc rather than anything football.

By her own admission she knows little about the game other than being a fan and that is becoming more obvious the longer she keeps Levein as Manager.

annushorribilis III
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Ann doing a thorough review of the football department is not relevant to “is there a plan in place moving forward she is a businesswoman so no matter what it is something that will of been discussed and outlined. Football is ever changing and that may be something that caught her on her heels but i’ll bet it wouldn’t for long. Levein is doing a good job away from the first team arguing that is crazy - though many do it. However at first team level offering him a new two year contract would be stupid and won’t of happened. Behind the scenes for that role  possibly - I would think his family would have a big say in whether that is taken or not. The first team managers job and DoF need seperated when looking at things and they also need imo to be done separately because they are both massive jobs. While the focus is split the chances of success are reduced

You can't be serious. How can you have a plan to move forward when the review hasn't been completed ?  The review would include any new structure/suitability of incumbents to carry it through/performance reviews of incumbents/identify any new recruitment required to meet any new structure. Given that AB says the review isn't complete then the club doesn't have  a plan - yet. 

annushorribilis III
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

The review AB was talking about sounded to me to be more about the structure of the Department and who reports to who etc rather than anything football.

By her own admission she knows little about the game other than being a fan and that is becoming more obvious the longer she keeps Levein as Manager.

You may well be right and if that is true then she is trying to be cute with her wording. 

18 minutes ago, sadj said:

Ann doing a thorough review of the football department is not relevant to “is there a plan in place moving forward” she is a businesswoman so no matter what it is something that will of been discussed and outlined. Football is ever changing and that may be something that caught her on her heels but i’ll bet it wouldn’t for long. Levein is doing a good job away from the first team arguing that is crazy - though many do it. However at first team level offering him a new two year contract would be stupid and won’t of happened. Behind the scenes for that role  possibly - I would think his family would have a big say in whether that is taken or not. The first team managers job and DoF need seperated when looking at things and they also need imo to be done separately because they are both massive jobs. While the focus is split the chances of

success are reduced

This is similar tones as the wait for stand to be built we know funds for players would suffer. We found out how much yet today we have a EC type squad. Its going to crank up a notch again soon

Edited by AJAMBO

9 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Is Budge carrying out a review of the football department herself?  Would genuinely be interested to see how this review looks.  

She hasn't got a clue about what a good football department looks like so I wonder how she's carrying out this review?  Levein doing it for her? :lol:

Ann has the birds eye view a very smart acute person won't give anything up easily. Don't kid yourself on regarding football matter's plenty people around her know how passionate she is there's a good eye there. The fact it's a female who is more ept at business than the art of football doesn't mean there's a clueless footie fan who doesn't know the game . Ann knows more than any of us the inside workings of a football club and all it's departments. It's time for the first team we are seeing the early signs of more expensive talent there's more to come. Hearts value on the squad to investment is around £10M at the moment that doesn't include the potential sell on . Don't need to invent stuff when you haven't been told officially.

I take it folk are lumping on Levein in the sack race then? I’d be willing to have a bet he doesn’t get sacked before the other names on that list, if anyone wants to take that up. 👍

36 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

You can't be serious. How can you have a plan to move forward when the review hasn't been completed ?  The review would include any new structure/suitability of incumbents to carry it through/performance reviews of incumbents/identify any new recruitment required to meet any new structure. Given that AB says the review isn't complete then the club doesn't have  a plan - yet. 

no point in arguing with TH stupidity i guess

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

Probably cause we are bottom I would have thought. 

And because we’ve only taken 16 points from our last 20 games, when a whole load of previous managers were sacked for having a better recent record than that.

3 hours ago, graygo said:

There you go making up pish again.

You can keep repeating it but it doesn't make it true.

Craig Levein is answerable to the board of directors and ultimately Ann Budge, she has already said recently that he is not "bombproof".

Do you believe that?

35 minutes ago, AJAMBO said:

This is similar tones as the wait for stand to be built we know funds for players would suffer. We found out how much yet today we have a EC type squad. Its going to crank up a notch again soon

I would imagine that the plan at the moment is being scrutinised and harsher questions asked in terms of structure. The overall plan is unlikely to be different at the end. There were plenty of discussions prior to the summer about the way forward. It may be that with the knowledge Levein is putting more direct time to first team affairs there has been a lot of structural changes to allow that even if they are temporary measures. People saying we have no plan and it won’t be discussed because AB hasn’t done her review are either trolling or can’t comprehend how a business works. I think her looking more deeply at the structure and moving parts to get it running better will as you say do just that. 

I would like to know if anybody who thinks CL needs more time, more pre-seasons, the first round of games, suffer less injuries blah, blah, blah thinks that any of the previous managers who were sacked whilst gaining more points in a similar period were sacked too early? I don’t.

2 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

I would like to know if anybody who thinks CL needs more time, more pre-seasons, the first round of games, suffer less injuries blah, blah, blah thinks that any of the previous managers who were sacked whilst gaining more points in a similar period were sacked too early? I don’t.

You’d need to list who those managers were in order to facilitate that debate. 

Each manager would be different circumstances or have different credit in the bank. 

YouLetYourClubDie

The way Budge sees it in my opinion is that since 2014 every year she has been in charge and had Levein running the football department revenue has increased. In fact trebled since she took over. To her that is success and is the reason she still regards Levein so highly.

7 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

What is your solution?

Once Levein goes you'll have a masterplan with names of our saviours.

Who  for example would be your choice as a replacement?

Should we also fire other coaches and who?

How much would this cost to fire them all?

Do you think that would be money well spent or do you think it could have been better spent on players?

If this puts the club into debt would that be a wise thing to do before FoH take over?

Edited by JamboAl

1 hour ago, graygo said:

No,his present and past performances,common sense really.

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

I would imagine that the plan at the moment is being scrutinised and harsher questions asked in terms of structure. The overall plan is unlikely to be different at the end. There were plenty of discussions prior to the summer about the way forward. It may be that with the knowledge Levein is putting more direct time to first team affairs there has been a lot of structural changes to allow that even if they are temporary measures. People saying we have no plan and it won’t be discussed because AB hasn’t done her review are either trolling or can’t comprehend how a business works. I think her looking more deeply at the structure and moving parts to get it running better will as you say do just that. 

Thank you. It isn't fair to judge when side's are facing liquidation or deadco. I'm affronted so many complaints are made up or just ignore the past. Craig didn't want the job and why isn't Austin up for slaughter. Because he is a lovely down to earth mind magician. Anyways thanks for not biting my face off or trying to lay me down like an old urine stained manky matress . still trying to think what a Hearts plant is... Or why one would venture here. .. There a famous image of me at Hearts end easter road when I'm 17 I'm also on hearts video of games at Killie and D Untd when I was a livi Jambo. 

annushorribilis III
7 minutes ago, sadj said:

Ha ha.You ignore my points above and slag me off here. 

So, for clarity - as you yet again allude to "discussions prior to the summer" : what was the outcome(Fox & Daly not fit for purpose and to be binned at season end ?)/was there any outcome ? What was the scope of those discussions  - clearly not the "football dept" because AB explicitly said that has not been reviewed ? And if the "football dept" hasn't been reviewed then how could CLs role be reviewed - right now he literally IS the football dept.   

20 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I take it folk are lumping on Levein in the sack race then? I’d be willing to have a bet he doesn’t get sacked before the other names on that list, if anyone wants to take that up. 👍

There's a lot of people on here myself included who think that Levein is well past his sell y date and would like him replaced however there is a difference between those hoping he will go and the reality of it.

Personally I don't think AB will sack him even if we lose our next couple of games she will find a way to try and keep him and appease the angry fans.

How she does it I have no idea but she is a smart women and will find a way. 

8 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Ha ha.You ignore my points above and slag me off here. 

So, for clarity - as you yet again allude to "discussions prior to the summer" : what was the outcome(Fox & Daly not fit for purpose and to be binned at season end ?)/was there any outcome ? What was the scope of those discussions  - clearly not the "football dept" because AB explicitly said that has not been reviewed ? And if the "football dept" hasn't been reviewed then how could CLs role be reviewed - right now he literally IS the football dept.   

If the cap fits...not getting into a debate with you for the reasons i gave in my reply to you. Scurry off back across the road and talk lunacy there....

10 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

There's a lot of people on here myself included who think that Levein is well past his sell y date and would like him replaced however there is a difference between those hoping he will go and the reality of it.

Personally I don't think AB will sack him even if we lose our next couple of games she will find a way to try and keep him and appease the angry fans.

2 hours ago, graygo said:

Probably because he’s won 4 league games in 2019 and none in ten 

annushorribilis III
Just now, sadj said:

If the cap fits...not getting into a debate with you for the reasons i gave in my reply to you. Scurry off back across the road and talk lunacy there....

You did get into a debate and you can't /won't argue my points. Never mind, eh. 

3 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

You did get into a debate and you can't /won't argue my points. Never mind, eh. 

Yes i got in a debate stupidly assuming you could debate sensibly , then you completely missed the boat , train and plane therefore I won’t for the reasons I gave. Feel free to continue to try with someone else though👍🏻

Edited by sadj

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Hardly. Have you had a look at the other posts showing how poor his record has been since the middle of last season.

We always lose at Parkhead especially with the mindset of Levein it is bound to transmit to the players how negative he is.

It is not because of one defeat at Parkhead but a string of unacceptable performances and an equally unacceptable string of excuses as to why.

His time is up.

You're missing the point, why wasn't he favourite to be first sacked last week? Getting beat by Celtic surely didn't change anything.

I suspect we will see a very different Hearts on Saturday. Our season starts now. Can’t change what happened yesterday and no amount of moaning on here is gonna get rid of Levein.  Anything that had to be said has been said and all agreements had. For that reason am looking forward to Saturday and giving the management team the benefit of doubt. By the end of September we should be sitting closer to 3rd and in a semi final again. 3 home games and a derby. I suspect we will see a big improvement on Saturday. 

annushorribilis III
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Yes i got in a debate stupidly assuming you could debate sensibly , then you completely missed the boat , train and plane therefore I won’t for the reasons I gave. Feel free to continue to try with someone else though👍🏻

Bye. 

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

You're missing the point, why wasn't he favourite to be first sacked last week? Getting beat by Celtic surely didn't change anything.

No , if you looked at results and interviews this weekend , you would move Feckingbottom to the most likely to be sacked both for on the pitch and interview reasons. Levein possibly after him for peoples take on his interview same with Alessio. Wright would move out if that after their point. McInnes won’t get sacked as it would cost Aberdeen an absolute fortune. 

Think Al said who would replace CL if he went and wouldn’t it cost us a fortune. I think of the four top 6teams from last year who could be in that position it would cost us far less to bin our team.

Getintaethem

This thread should be closed immediately, Craig says we haven't got a clue as we've never done his job.  Everyone is to shut up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49436319

"Thankfully, most of the owners aren't quite as jumpy as sometimes the punters can be," said the Hearts boss. "I'm not sure how much of it is actually your everyday supporter. I'm not sure how much it involves them. I think they just get on with their lives."

The growing influence of social media also has to be taken into account, according to Levein.

"You are always dealing with the extremes in football and in particular with social media," he added.

Levein's Hearts travel to Celtic Park on Premiership duty on Sunday

"So I think everybody needs just to take a breath and just wait and see. Normally you would get halfway through a season before you would be judged on how things are going. You don't even get to the start of the season now. It's crazy.

"Anybody who has been in the managerial position and done it understands that. Ones who haven't, who just open their mouth and let a load of crap come out. You have to have been in that position, worn somebody's shoes before I think you have the right to criticise. A lot of it just now is just noise from people who are experts at making noise. 

"Why do I do it? It's a bug. It's a drug. It's just what I do and without it it's just not the same. But it's getting worse. And I laugh about because I don't see what I can change."

1 hour ago, Sagan said:

Not worth the bet. Sarcasm is good. FOH money badly invested. It's Our Money Ya Plant. Ooft

34 minutes ago, ford donald said:

No,his present and past performances,common sense really.

I mustn't be making myself clear.

I am not surprised he is the bookies favourite for the sack, I am surprised that it seems to be on the back of a defeat to Celtic in Glasgow. 

3 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

This thread should be closed immediately, Craig says we haven't got a clue as we've never done his job.  Everyone is to shut up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49436319

"Thankfully, most of the owners aren't quite as jumpy as sometimes the punters can be," said the Hearts boss. "I'm not sure how much of it is actually your everyday supporter. I'm not sure how much it involves them. I think they just get on with their lives."

The growing influence of social media also has to be taken into account, according to Levein.

"You are always dealing with the extremes in football and in particular with social media," he added.

Levein's Hearts travel to Celtic Park on Premiership duty on Sunday

"So I think everybody needs just to take a breath and just wait and see. Normally you would get halfway through a season before you would be judged on how things are going. You don't even get to the start of the season now. It's crazy.

"Anybody who has been in the managerial position and done it understands that. Ones who haven't, who just open their mouth and let a load of crap come out. You have to have been in that position, worn somebody's shoes before I think you have the right to criticise. A lot of it just now is just noise from people who are experts at making noise. 

"Why do I do it? It's a bug. It's a drug. It's just what I do and without it it's just not the same. But it's getting worse. And I laugh about because I don't see what I can change."

Well said my wee Craigy. Aw Yooz Frothers can Shut it. The foam isn't any good rebrand yourselves Frothing Foamers United. Set up a side fund buy a deer hound and do one. I'm not amused PMSL. 

37 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Very much my thinking.  Levein has his uses to Mrs Budge but Head Coach/Manager is not it.  He needs to head upstairs and revert to his DoF role. 

Of course, wishful think.  Hearts would need to be getting a tanking every week for AB to take notice and do something before it is too late. 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic