Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

been here before
3 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Still not seen any real reasons to keep him. 

Funny that. 

Try reading the 100s of other Levein threads on the go. You might get your answers there.

Or doesnt that satisfy your boring need for attention?

Edited by been here before

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Just now, been here before said:

Try reading the 100s of other Levein threads on the go. You might get your answers there.

Bore.

This is a clear thread to make a point for our manager to stay. This is your chance and so far, it's failing badly.

been here before
5 minutes ago, Sagan said:

This is a clear thread to make a point for our manager to stay. This is your chance and so far, it's failing badly.

It most certainly is. Nevermind itll likely be merged soon enough and you can forget all about it.

1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

I like his beard.

He should definitely stay because of the beard.

Cathro should of grown a beard.

joondalupjambo
12 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

I prefer kiwi fruit over grapefruit 

Sweet rather than sour.

Intetesting.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Not another thread! Let's concentrate on getting right behind the manager and players for game in a couple of days 

2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Not another thread! Let's concentrate on getting right behind the manager and players for game in a couple of days 

👏🏻 and the future please

Howdy Doody Jambo

Experienced coach, director of football combo all in one saving us a  wage 

,continuity is always a positive in any football club 

style of free flowing attacking football on the horizon we have a good strong squad 

Knows our youth academy player's that are coming through 

Hates Hibs 

Sticks up for our club 

Says what he thinks 

Has eventually built his well balanced squad which is almost up to speed 

Conveyor belt of youth players attracting Man City 

Never afraid to give youngsters a chance 

The Future's Maroon thanks to CL and his good working relationships with good football contacts in the game 

Has a big presence and sets high standards 

He has rebuilt the footballing side of the club from the grass roots 

I could go and on 

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, Old Castle Rock said:

style of free flowing attacking football on the horizon we have a good strong squad 

Hates Hibs 

Sticks up for our club 

Says what he thinks 

The Future's Maroon thanks to CL and his good working relationships with good football contacts in the game 

I could go and on 

None of those are about the football though

We show no signs of wishing to dominate teams in my opinion, 2 at the most is enough. We dont play football that brings the best out of our creative players, and we play a safe game that excites noone and doesn't worry our opponents either 

He is yesterday's man. I appreciate his work but he's not the man to get us big results on the pitch. Austin McPhee is

1 hour ago, maggieb said:

Show us one affordable/reasonable alternative ? Everyone suggested bar the Scotland manager has duffed imo 

I agree.

31 minutes ago, Old Castle Rock said:

Hates Hibs 

Sticks up for our club 

Says what he thinks 

I could go and on 

I think the continuity moving toward FoH handover might be one of the main reasons he is there. Get through this season get to that hand everything over in a good place. Need to improve on the pitch though or we won’t get to that point.

As for attracting any manager outside the OF thats possible but we won’t be paying 15 to 20k a week as Aberdeen are I wouldn’t think. The potential of the club and squad would attract a lot of options though. That much is not in doubt. 

Special Agent Dale Cooper
1 hour ago, Sagan said:

No merge. 

Let's see it. 

Merge successful.

56 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Cathro should of grown a beard.

Sorry, you’ve just lost credibility.

1 minute ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Merge successful.

The merge removed my post about AM though 😤bloody mods 😂

Edited by sadj

39 minutes ago, Old Castle Rock said:

Hates Hibs 

Sticks up for our club 

Says what he thinks 

I could go and on 

:greatpost:

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Sorry, you’ve just lost credibility.

When did the contraction "should've" become "should of" in written English?

38 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

None of those are about the football though

We show no signs of wishing to dominate teams in my opinion, 2 at the most is enough. We dont play football that brings the best out of our creative players, and we play a safe game that excites noone and doesn't worry our opponents either 

He is yesterday's man. I appreciate his work but he's not the man to get us big results on the pitch. Austin McPhee is

Try again:

I go back on forth on this. I’m not sure if AM as DoF when CL retires is my preferred thought , a new manager in with AM focussed on analysis and set pieces etc or AM to get the gig and see what he has to offer. Its an intriguing question though. I thought the St Mirren game last season is one of the few we came out the traps fast in. However was that AM , was that the players playing for CL after his scare or just an anomaly. 🤔  

Edited by sadj

1 minute ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

When did the contraction "should've" become "should of" in written English?

I think it became a ‘thing’ a few years ago.

It’s absolutely horrendous.

Just now, Hercules said:

Inept. Dinosaur. Worse record than Cathro. 

If you want to go down that route if you remove the Championship cakewalk from Robbie’s record. Ie until the title was won his overall record is only a couple percent better than CL. So thats only Cup and Premiership matches. Stats can be used to say anything. 

Its more accurate to say that had we not got out the LC group then his record would be worse than Cathro over the same length of time. He needs to turn it on its head now or the last calendar years poor performances is a reason to go back upstairs. 

CloustonHMFC
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Try again:

I go back on forth on this. I’m not sure if AM as DoF when CL retires is my preferred thought , a new manager in with AM focussed on analysis and set pieces etc or AM to get the gig and see what he has to offer. Its an intriguing question though. I thought the St Mirren game last season is one of the few we came out the traps fast in. However was that AM was that the players playing for CL after his scare or just an anomaly. 🤔  

AM would make a good DoF, I think. His knowledge of football and contacts across the world stand him in good stead for that but I would also like to see him take overall control of the first team. If it doesn’t work out with CL this season we could maybe give it AM until end of the season and see what happens. 

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

I guess they are phonetically similar, but "should of" doesn't make any sense?!

Pah.

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Shut it you!!! 😤 I’ve explained why i’m bad for it. Others don’t have that excuse 😂

CloustonHMFC
Just now, sadj said:

If you want to go down that route if you remove the Championship cakewalk from Robbie’s record. Ie until the title was won his overall record is only a couple percent better than CL. So thats only Cup and Premiership matches. Stats can be used to say anything. 

Its more accurate to say that had we not got out the LC group then his record would be worse than Cathro over the same length of time. He needs to turn it on its head now or the last calendar years poor performances is a reason to go back upstairs. 

If it doesn’t work out this season then I’d like to see him move into an academy director role rather than back to DoF.

Just now, DarioHMFC said:

AM would make a good DoF, I think. His knowledge of football and contacts across the world stand him in good stead for that but I would also like to see him take overall control of the first team. If it doesn’t work out with CL this season we could maybe give it AM until end of the season and see what happens. 

Indeed , however if the plan is him upstairs and he can’t arrest the poor form it would be a very difficult thing to move him upstairs. If CL was to go upstairs early and the club said AM til the end of season as caretaker then he will move upstairs. It might get a bit if aggro but then its got months to settle into people’s thoughts. Communication from the club isn’t the greatest at times though.

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Shut it you!!! 😤 I’ve explained why i’m bad for it. Others don’t have that excuse 😂

:rofl: 

CloustonHMFC
4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Indeed , however if the plan is him upstairs and he can’t arrest the poor form it would be a very difficult thing to move him upstairs. If CL was to go upstairs early and the club said AM til the end of season as caretaker then he will move upstairs. It might get a bit if aggro but then its got months to settle into people’s thoughts. Communication from the club isn’t the greatest at times though.

I could see the club gambling tbh. Levein back upstairs, AM as manager, SN as player/assistant with a view of AM moving upstairs and SN being promoted to manager in a few years time. 

Edited by DarioHMFC

4 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

I could see the club gambling tbh. Levein back upstairs, AM as manager, SN as player/assistant with a view of AM moving upstairs and SN being promoted to manager in a few years time. 

Yh i could see that too , can you imagine the reaction. 🤪

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Is Austin even interested in being Head Coach? Although he does seem to be more prominent than Daly these days. Wonder if Daly has slipped down the pecking order.

The stars are definitely starting to align for Naismith to be a future Hearts manager though.

Guest ToqueJambo
19 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

If it doesn’t work out this season then I’d like to see him move into an academy director role rather than back to DoF.

I still think Levein is made for the DoF role. Even if we're not seeing progress on the pitch right now, his signings this year - more of a typical transfer window in terms of numbers needed - have been top drawer.

I think any head coach who went to Levein as DoF and said I need a CB, couple of central mids and a couple of attacking midfielders would have been delighted with the names put in front of him. Who knows who else we missed out on as well.

Edited by ToqueJambo

CloustonHMFC
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Is Austin even interested in being Head Coach? Although he does seem to be more prominent than Daly these days. Wonder if Daly has slipped down the pecking order.

The stars are definitely starting to align for Naismith to be a future Hearts manager though.

From what I was told, he is definitely interested in taking the step up at the right time (whether that’s at Hearts or somewhere else is his choice) and Daly is definitely further down the pecking order. He was earmarked as our next manager but that won’t be happening now unless AM says no and we don’t find someone else. I reckon Daly and Fox will be away to a league 1 or championship outfit at some point this season. 

4 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

From what I was told, he is definitely interested in taking the step up at the right time (whether that’s at Hearts or somewhere else is his choice) and Daly is definitely further down the pecking order. He was earmarked as our next manager but that won’t be happening now unless AM says no and we don’t find someone else. I reckon Daly and Fox will be away to a league 1 or championship outfit at some point this season. 

Agreed and also spot on with my understanding of the situation. 

rudi must stay
33 minutes ago, sadj said:

Try again:

I go back on forth on this. I’m not sure if AM as DoF when CL retires is my preferred thought , a new manager in with AM focussed on analysis and set pieces etc or AM to get the gig and see what he has to offer. Its an intriguing question though. I thought the St Mirren game last season is one of the few we came out the traps fast in. However was that AM , was that the players playing for CL after his scare or just an anomaly. 🤔  

A team plays like it's manager

An enthusiastic man with interesting knowledge of the modern game that will in my opinion change us completely

Or a negative fearful manager who criticises the team and players after a loss and frankly doesn't have a clue.

That's the choice in my opinion. 

9 hours ago, Old Castle Rock said:

Hates Hibs 

Sticks up for our club 

Says what he thinks 

I could go and on 

Yesterday's man. The club needs a fresh approach and he needs kicked out. Then, and obly then, will we progress on the footballing side.

8 hours ago, Morgan said:

Try over 100 years ago.

8 hours ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

I guess they are phonetically similar, but "should of" doesn't make any sense?!

Pah.

Should, of (add text)

I'll be watching to see if the grammar police use certain words, like, alright.

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Should, of (add text)

Ah I should, of known the comma would make a difference.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Should, of (add text)

TBF o and f do not appear in the word "have". Alright is an abbreviation of "all right" though. 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic