Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

Eddie The Eagle
24 minutes ago, salvo69 said:

Personally not too happy with the form of the team but content with the overall success of the club in terms of sustainability. We are also attracting way higher calibre of players than before and just frustrating we are not getting the results. I don’t believe changing the manager is the right thing to do just now and although it will not be too popular I am resigned to another mediocre season to allow us to further stabilise and then install Naismith as player manager next year.....there are good times and bad times I believe our form is poor but we will come good

Agree with this 

The problem is,  when we do start to pick up points there is no consistency. It's long been a huge problem at this club under Mr Levein. We could go out and put 4 past Hamilton, then we'll draw at home to a bottom 6 side the next again week. Confidence in this squad seems very very low,  its almost like the players have given up on Craig's way of trying to play football. Its part of Craig's job to motivate the players week in week out, but he just doesn't deem to get a reaction unless the pressure mounts after a poor run of results. I dont seen that ever changing under Mr Levein. I don't think the players enjoy playing under his leadership and that's the problem

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

7 minutes ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

Agree with this 

The problem is,  when we do start to pick up points there is no consistency. It's long been a huge problem at this club under Mr Levein. We could go out and put 4 past Hamilton, then we'll draw at home to a bottom 6 side the next again week. Confidence in this squad seems very very low,  its almost like the players have given up on Craig's way of trying to play football. Its part of Craig's job to motivate the players week in week out, but he just doesn't deem to get a reaction unless the pressure mounts after a poor run of results. I dont seen that ever changing under Mr Levein. I don't think the players enjoy playing under his leadership and that's the problem

At the start of last season we were flying but hindered by injuries...Smith now out as well as walker and Naismith doesn’t help considering they are all first 11 players

Smoked-Glass

Off top of my heed can only think of a 1-0 end of season game at Ibrox 2004 that was meaningless.  

1 minute ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Off top of my heed can only think of a 1-0 end of season game at Ibrox 2004 that was meaningless.  

With Hearts, that is his only win versus the old firm. Obviously we have beaten Caley at hampden which would be classed as hampden. 

Before everyone starts shooting holes in this thread as another “anti CL” thread I’d like to point out that I don’t care about Hearts losing in Glasgow. Every Hearts manager has struggled in Glasgow. It’s the way in which we lose in Glasgow that annoys me with Levein. It is always the same. Passive, submissive, negative football that normally sees us lose a handful of goals. Almost an acceptance that we will lose. That’s what annoys me. Said it yesterday, there is getting beat in Glasgow then there is Levein’s getting beat in Glasgow. 

22 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Info I got was 700k, but he has since extended, but no info as to what the new deal was, cant imagine it was any less.

This team needs to the end of September, a run of games, 22nd to 25th September will be pivotal for mood at least.

Naismith hasn't played yet, Whelan has played his first game and Damour is not familiar with the league just yet. It will take a few weeks, but its hard to imagine patience last past September if results are not markedly improved between now and then, with a run of games, this team has the ammunition to succeed in that period.

I thought he got unfairly hammered for McGregors goal yesterday. He isn’t up to the speed of Scottish football yet but Whelan , Irving and him in midfield nullified Celtic a lot yesterday. Said yesterday that 1-0 or 1-1 wouldn’t of flattered us but at the same time 3-1 didn’t flatter Celtic. My biggest concern this season is we are beating ourselves. Halketts was unlucky yesterday but Berra and Pereria was piss poor. 

Meant to add I knew the 700 but i believe the new contract included a raise i did see around 9 quoted but not sure where or if it was reliable.

Edited by sadj

The good news is that CL now believes we are on the cusp of having a really good team. Yet another inane comment from someone who has clearly lost the plot.

What really surprises my about the pro Levein posters on here is the belief that suddenly after months if not years of abject miserable football things are suddenly going to alright... no not just alright... we are going to be challenging for top six Euro spots? I just do not see that happening... but lets keep plowing that furrow... it is going to be one hell of a long furrow :waiting:

BTW I am not absolutely certain that I am in the Levein oot party but I cannot help but think we must be able to do better than we are at present.

Just now, Prof said:

The good news is that CL now believes we are on the cusp of having a really good team. Yet another inane comment from someone who has clearly lost the plot.

Well he could be right and maybe we do have a good set of players... is he the man to make them play good football though ?

Serge Pizzorno
3 hours ago, FWJ said:

Nah.  He’s been gone too long.

My age is showing here, had to google that to understand it:biggrin2:

4 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Well he could be right and maybe we do have a good set of players... is he the man to make them play good football though ?

Thats the proper question and where they debate should lie without all the pathetic personal insults and trolling.

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, sadj said:

I thought he got unfairly hammered for McGregors goal yesterday. He isn’t up to the speed of Scottish football yet but Whelan , Irving and him in midfield nullified Celtic a lot yesterday. Said yesterday that 1-0 or 1-1 wouldn’t of flattered us but at the same time 3-1 didn’t flatter Celtic. My biggest concern this season is we are beating ourselves. Halketts was unlucky yesterday but Berra and Pereria was piss poor. 

Meant to add I knew the 700 but i believe the new contract included a raise i did see around 9 quoted but not sure where or if it was reliable.

We do have a habit of causing our own problems. 

Work really hard for our goals, then just chuck them in. 

Frustrating. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

We do have a habit of causing our own problems. 

Work really hard for our goals, then just chuck them in. 

Frustrating. 

We work too hard for them , we over complicate it at times yesterday there must of been 4 or 5 occasions someone could of just hit one or put it in the danger area and we want to beat an extra man to make it easier. Hickey and Irving both head up and ping when it broke. Something we have been lacking. Celtics third much as it was unfortunate and also way too easy was a good dangerous ball in.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, sadj said:

We work too hard for them , we over complicate it at times yesterday there must of been 4 or 5 occasions someone could of just hit one or put it in the danger area and we want to beat an extra man to make it easier. Hickey and Irving both head up and ping when it broke. Something we have been lacking. Celtics third much as it was unfortunate and also way too easy was a good dangerous ball in.

It is a theme. 

I was hoping Walker would help that as he likes a shot, maybe  our new man City loanee will help. 

Folk say we play no football, but imo we could be more direct, get in the final third, put a ball in, hit a shot. Stop ****ing about with it. 

Then ofc, stop throwing in goals. 

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, Bking9 said:

Big Sam 

I'd put the 2 ,Gary Naismith, & stevie Naismith, in charge, with naisy player manager role,think this would work ,,but do it right now ! After all I'm sure that was what the big contract,may have been for ?   Wouldnt give levein any more games , we have got time just now,time to move for the change,,,,

1 minute ago, Hectormasson said:

I'd put the 2 ,Gary Naismith, & stevie Naismith, in charge, with naisy player manager role,think this would work ,,but do it right now ! After all I'm sure that was what the big contract,may have been for ?   Wouldnt give levein any more games , we have got time just now,time to move for the change,,,,

Aberdeen away - gameplan spot on - 3stupid mistakes - red card and 2 goals

County home - abject - worst performance since we played hibs pissed in the 70s

Motherwell away - very good comfortable performance - Should of been more comfortable in score but never in damger of losing.

Celtic away - pretty much 6s across the board for players bar Berra / Pereria 5 for the first goal and was as comfortable as we have looked in ages at Celtic Park , nullified their midfield but very lacking up top to do anything with the possession we had. 2shit goals and one pearler. 

Its hard to see that as positive or negative taken without the context of Oct to May. 

Hectormasson
12 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Why does he continue to go to glasgow with the same tried  tested and failed tactics.

A mixture of non ambition & fear,,

51 minutes ago, salvo69 said:

At the start of last season we were flying but hindered by injuries...Smith now out as well as walker and Naismith doesn’t help considering they are all first 11 players

I've noticed on other posts Haring has been forgotten in any talk of missing first team starters when all fit and well.

Given I didn't want him back in the first place, and I thought he was very lucky to get to start this season and would not be upset if he goes... I'm going to defend him to some extent.

I think he has, clearly, assembled a much better squad than last season.  Arguably it's been quite a scattergun approach at times, but the players brought in over the summer are all guys with something to offer.  Unfortunately we're once again in chop and change mode thanks to yet more bad luck with injuries, but even with that the overall quality of the matchday 18 is definitely stronger than last year.

Results wise we've started poorly.  One objectively good result from 8 games is unacceptable.  The progress of the Motherwell game was good, but we didn't really build on that yesterday in any meaningful way.  I do think though we're clearly much more determined to play football through the midfield this season, often overplaying.

All that said, it's now the end of the line in terms of excuses.  We've got a favorable fixture run, and need points and performances in equal measure starting immediately.  Failure on Saturday must be the end of the line.

Edited by Diego10

8 minutes ago, skodef said:

I have heard on good authority that Craig will go when Anne Budge goes.

They are definetly working as a team and friend's

Edited by AJAMBO

25 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Why does he continue to go to glasgow with the same tried  tested and failed tactics.

What tactics were those ? His game plan was to sit deep soak up play and counter attack. Not many sides will get away with tactics at darkheed. Terrible imagining losing to a wonder strike and silly goals against a hot strike force. Dear me we may as well sack everyone apart from our favourites who are dwindling by the hr. 

2 minutes ago, AJAMBO said:

What tactics were those ? His game plan was to sit deep soak up play and counter attack. Not many sides will get away with tactics at darkheed. Terrible imagining losing to a wonder strike and silly goals against a hot strike force. Dear me we may as well sack everyone apart from our favourites who are dwindling by the hr. 

Exactly the same tactics he has used unsuccessfully for years and the same tactics that  saw him ridiculed and sacked as Scotland manager. 

downunder jambo
3 hours ago, salvo69 said:

Personally not too happy with the form of the team but content with the overall success of the club in terms of sustainability. We are also attracting way higher calibre of players than before and just frustrating we are not getting the results. I don’t believe changing the manager is the right thing to do just now and although it will not be too popular I am resigned to another mediocre season to allow us to further stabilise and then install Naismith as player manager next year.....there are good times and bad times I believe our form is poor but we will come good

I kind of agree with this. I feel we will come good too - just a gut feeling more than anything!

9 minutes ago, downunder jambo said:

I kind of agree with this. I feel we will come good too - just a gut feeling more than anything!

It feels like we’ve been saying this for about 2 years though.

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Zaba said:

I’d like Stephen Robinson from motherwell, please.

But what has he won? 

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Thats the proper question and where they debate should lie without all the pathetic personal insults and trolling.

Nailed it.

Maroon Sailor

It's all too cosy for Levein. He is his own boss and answerable to nobody at the club.

Every other manager is judged on results but not him apparently.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

It's all too cosy for Levein. He is his own boss and answerable to nobody at the club.

Every other manager is judged on results but not him apparently.

Of course he is answerable, Ann Budge has said so on many occasions. 

Why do folk make up pish?

Maroon Sailor
13 minutes ago, graygo said:

Of course he is answerable, Ann Budge has said so on many occasions. 

Why do folk make up pish?

Why do you believe he is answerable. He's his own boss

She won't sack him - he goes when he feels it's time for him to go

Do do you honestly believe it's not a cosy set up ?

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

Why do you believe he is answerable. He's his own boss

She won't sack him - he goes when he feels it's time for him to go

There you go making up pish again.

You can keep repeating it but it doesn't make it true.

Craig Levein is answerable to the board of directors and ultimately Ann Budge, she has already said recently that he is not "bombproof".

Maroon Sailor
6 minutes ago, graygo said:

There you go making up pish again.

You can keep repeating it but it doesn't make it true.

Craig Levein is answerable to the board of directors and ultimately Ann Budge, she has already said recently that he is not "bombproof".

Get real !

The friendship gets in the way of the professional or lack of professional approach to getting the team playing well and winning matches.

Levein has her wrapped round her finger as she wouldn't know who to turn to, like 2 years ago, She doesn't know the football side of the game that well and has put all her eggs in one basket with Levein as she trusts him implicitly.

That makes him "bombproof" in my eyes and when he goes it will be his decision under the mutual consent banner.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

4 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Get real !

The friendship gets in the way of the professional or lack of professional approach to getting the team playing well and winning matches.

Levein has her wrapped round her finger as she wouldn't know who to turn to, like 2 years ago, She doesn't know the football side of the game that well and has put all her eggs in one basket with Levein as she trusts him implicitly.

That makes him "bombproof" in my eyes and when he goes it will be his decision under the mutual consent banner.

Ann Budge is nobodies fool, if she felt it necessary then she wouldn't hesitate to get rid of Levein. Fortunately she won't do it because a few internet bams are demanding it.

At least this time you have used the words "in my eyes", much better than making out that it is a fact.

Maroon Sailor
6 minutes ago, graygo said:

Ann Budge is nobodies fool, if she felt it necessary then she wouldn't hesitate to get rid of Levein. Fortunately she won't do it because a few internet bams are demanding it.

At least this time you have used the words "in my eyes", much better than making out that it is a fact.

You can take my posts as fact or you can be intelligent and realise I'm posting an opinion like I do with the pish you spout.

4 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

You can take my posts as fact or you can be intelligent and realise I'm posting an opinion like I do with the pish you spout.

Pish is my word today, go find your own.

annushorribilis III
13 minutes ago, graygo said:

If she doesn't think the last 2 and a half years of poor results and abject performances doesn't demand his removal then what "internet bams" think is academic.  She's not getting rid of Levein because her & the board don't have a clue how to fix the problem - hence CL getting a 3 year deal in the first place (Did she REALLY offer him another 2 years back in April ?) , she STILL has not completed a review of "the football department" (in her own words, she's only "now" getting round to it). I'd have thought this should have been done as a priority over the summer with a  conversation  about CL staying on/succession planning. It seems none of this has happened - again, going on ABs own words, no review completed. 

28 minutes ago, graygo said:

Any manager who had result stats from the end of last year until now like Levein has had would have been shown the doors months ago. 

It will take something drastic to happen before Budge would sack Levein. 

23 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

If she doesn't think the last 2 and a half years of poor results and abject performances doesn't demand his removal then what "internet bams" think is academic.  She's not getting rid of Levein because her & the board don't have a clue how to fix the problem - hence CL getting a 3 year deal in the first place (Did she REALLY offer him another 2 years back in April ?) , she STILL has not completed a review of "the football department" (in her own words, she's only "now" getting round to it). I'd have thought this should have been done as a priority over the summer with a  conversation  about CL staying on/succession planning. It seems none of this has happened - again, going on ABs own words, no review completed. 

Has anyone got a link to this supposed 2 year extension ?

I don’t recall any of this shit.

38 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

You actually believe there is no discussions or plan for moving forward? I can tell you for a fact it was discussed prior to summer and has been many times. How many times have you seen people on here say oh god we will get Daly and people who have connections at the club (not talking about me) say Daly lolllllll not a ****ing chance - him and Fox are not seen as being capable of taking over as it stands. 

13 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Craig now bookies favourite to be the 1st manager to be sacked this season.

Screenshot_20190826-141619_Samsung Internet.jpg

21 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Craig now bookies favourite to be the 1st manager to be sacked this season.

Now favourite for the sack because we lost at Parkhead?

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Now favourite for the sack because we lost at Parkhead?

Probably cause we are bottom I would have thought. 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic