Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

Captain Sausage
5 hours ago, jackal said:

maybe in the 20 games but not overall

image.png.7be8c9b2bc36d1c99640b22f80ea1617.png

Sorry mate. Those facts are clearly lying as they don’t fit the narrative. 

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, jackal said:

maybe in the 20 games but not overall

image.png.7be8c9b2bc36d1c99640b22f80ea1617.png

How consistent was Robbie Neilson. Could have been very different if we'd convinced him to stay and a section of fans hadn't lost their shit over one derby cup defeat. Gary Locke also did a very fine job in very bad circumstances. 

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

We punched above or at our weight in 14/15, 15/16 and the first half of 16/17 under Neilson and for a glorious couple of months under Levein last season, so it's not all grass is greener stuff.

We had Levein, Neilson and Crawford all working together in the championship with zero debt and money to spend, we signed premiership players to do the job. We didn't punch above our weight there. Levein has done nothing on a limited budget. He's had a very good budget all the way. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Sagan said:

We had Levein, Neilson and Crawford all working together in the championship with zero debt and money to spend, we signed premiership players to do the job. We didn't punch above our weight there. Levein has done nothing on a limited budget. He's had a very good budget all the way. 

We did. Our budget was well below Hibs and Rangers. The following seasons it was well below Aberdeen.

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We did. Our budget was well below Hibs and Rangers. The following seasons it was well below Aberdeen.

I'd be surprised if our budget was well below hibs but i'll take your word for it. 

Levein doesn't have what we need now.  He's signed a million players and still can't get a team playing. 

He's gone all out now with the signings, probably well above our budget but still on the level due to the anonymous donors. 

People just hope he comes good, he might for a while but it won't last. He's not the answer. 

1 hour ago, Sagan said:

Easiest route to the final in the history of man kind but the happy clappers always have a way of spinning it to their liking. 

Like England fans creaming their pants over getting to the world cup semi.  Fluked the draw.

Just now, Longshanks said:

Like England fans creaming their pants over getting to the world cup semi.  Fluked the draw.

It was exactly like that!

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Sagan said:

I'd be surprised if our budget was well below hibs but i'll take your word for it. 

Levein doesn't have what we need now.  He's signed a million players and still can't get a team playing. 

He's gone all out now with the signings, probably well above our budget but still on the level due to the anonymous donors. 

People just hope he comes good, he might for a while but it won't last. He's not the answer. 

For the first time in a. while our budget is above Hibs and closer to Aberdeen's so we need to see that reflected in the league and/or a cup this season.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Longshanks said:

Imagine getting excited about being one game away from a WC final!

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

For the first time in a. while our budget is above Hibs and closer to Aberdeen's so we need to see that reflected in the league and/or a cup this season.

Yes. 

This is his last season. He's got to make something magic happen or all hell will break loose. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Sagan said:

Easiest route to the final in the history of man kind but the happy clappers always have a way of spinning it to their liking. 

Like JJ in 98? Actually JJ's draw was easier - no Premier opposition until the final and all home draws, unlike Levein who had the hardest draw of any top 6 Premiership club in the 4th round.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Like JJ in 98? Actually JJ's draw was easier - no Premier opposition until the final, unlike Levein who had the hardest draw of any top 6 Premiership club in the 4th round.

We can't compare now with the past. 

We're on another level now, just not on the field. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Sagan said:

We can't compare now with the past. 

We're on another level now, just not on the field. 

Well you said it was the easiest route to the final in history. 98 was much easier and we had a much better team in 98.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Well you said it was the easiest route to the final in history. 98 was much easier and we had a much better team in 98.

Fair play, it was just to make a point. 

It just grinds me how far ahead we were of hibs and rangers and now we're absolutely shit. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Sagan said:

Fair play, it was just to make a point. 

It just grinds me how far ahead we were of hibs and rangers and now we're absolutely shit. 

I think we'll be well ahead of Hibs. Rangers were always going to pull away although they've yet to achieve anything tangible. We'll always have the season we kept them in the Championship though. No-one else did that.

Edited by ToqueJambo

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think we'll be well ahead of Hibs. Rangers were always going to pull away. We'll always have the season we kept them in the Championship though. No-one else did that.

That season in the championship has already been forgotten by everyone else mate, it was the championship.

We should of kicked on from then and been a force up the top of the premiership, Europe, the lot. 

That's another thing that does my nut in, the acceptance of mediocrity, just because of our past history. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Sagan said:

That season in the championship has already been forgotten by everyone else mate, it was the championship.

We should of kicked on from then and been a force up the top of the premiership, Europe, the lot. 

That's another thing that does my nut in, the acceptance of mediocrity, just because of our past history. 

We did kick on. Then Neilson left.

" This team is nearly there, we just need a bit more from everybody"

300 players later. 

It's not the players fault anymore mate. 

Edited by Sagan

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We did kick on. Then Neilson left.

I'll admit that Neilson would probably be doing a better job than levein right now, but most of us could see that we were going down hill in his last year. 

Aye, he got a great result in his last game and we were in 2nd position but that doesn't show the full picture. 

The league was so much weaker. The game against hibs done it.#

What's he done since he left? Naff all. 

He seems to be starting all over again with more money than the rest of the league.  Who else could of afforded shankland? 

Edited by Sagan

i wish jj was my dad
9 hours ago, Iamborg said:

For a man of your age you are incredibly  childish .

As opposed to a tiresome troll who comes onto a Hearts supporters forum  with the sole intention of slagging the club. The guy's weekend is ruined when we win

13 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Not forgotten by me, and never will.

Hibs joining us in the Championship after gloating about our relegation, then staying there for three years as we came straight back up.

It was glorious and should bring a guffaw at any point now, or in the future !

Oh, Hibs !

😂

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Not forgotten by me, and never will.

Hibs joining us in the Championship after gloating about our relegation, then staying there for three years as we came straight back up.

It was glorious and should bring a guffaw at any point now, or in the future !

Oh, Hibs !

😂

Don't get me wrong it was amazing. 

I meant it has been forgotten by everyone else that isn't a Hearts fan. 

4 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Don't get me wrong it was amazing. 

I meant it has been forgotten by everyone else that isn't a Hearts fan. 

It’s branded into Hibs fans’ heads...regardless of what’s said.

It destroyed them !

i wish jj was my dad
8 minutes ago, Boab said:

It destroyed them !

We have destroyed them so many times since the early 80s. That's what we do 

36 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Said before that part of the lingering resentment against Levein is that we blew a perfect opportunity to make our mark without hibs and rangers and we blew it with a succession of shit decisions that he was responsible for and seems incapable of reversing. 

12 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Said before that part of the lingering resentment against Levein is that we blew a perfect opportunity to make our mark without hibs and rangers and we blew it with a succession of shit decisions that he was responsible for and seems incapable of reversing. 

Totally this. Seriously frustrating. We lost all the momentum and good feeling following the championship winning season

5 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

I was not a Cathro fan BUT the first 65 mins of the 3-2 defeat to Dundee under the lights at Dens was absolutely brilliant!

A real sliding doors moment for the Cathro reign. We played the best football I've seen us play since the Burley days. Utterly dominant and then oddly an injury to Don Cowie knocked us and then Liam Smith sold the jerseys.  Might have worked out differently had we closed that game out as we should have.

20 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

This.  Even if we finish 3rd this season Levein will only of scored a 'par'.  We need to take into consideration how far backwards he has taken us and the huge amount of money he's wasted on experiments and duds.  For me he has to do a lot more than just finish 3rd to make up for 3 years of mediocrity.

18 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

What decisions were these ?

Just another airy-fairy post to try and put the boot in

Anything at the club is used to beat him with and trying to debate is a waste of time if this is all we get

This dream of dominating/making our mark after promotion is based on nothing..promoted in 2015, 3rd in 2016 (seems that was not making our mark !!) then the return of Rangers the following season.  One season without Rangers and Hibs and we were 3rd so get your facts right

Of course mistakes have been made but some nonsense is spouted by the anti Levein brigade

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

This.  Even if we finish 3rd this season Levein will only of scored a 'par'.  We need to take into consideration how far backwards he has taken us and the huge amount of money he's wasted on experiments and duds.  For me he has to do a lot more than just finish 3rd to make up for 3 years of mediocrity.

Eh???so we should be 1st or 2nd?The old firm have spent fortunes,3rd at this present time would be great.We haven't went backwards,we were in the 1st division  when Anne brought Craig in.

17 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

What decisions were these ?

Just another airy-fairy post to try and put the boot in

Anything at the club is used to beat him with and trying to debate is a waste of time if this is all we get

This dream of dominating/making our mark after promotion is based on nothing..promoted in 2015, 3rd in 2016 (seems that was not making our mark !!) then the return of Rangers the following season.  One season without Rangers and Hibs and we were 3rd so get your facts right

Of course mistakes have been made but some nonsense is spouted by the anti Levein brigade

We were promoted with a strong group of players. Experienced leaders and some promising talent. When Robbie left it was an opportunity to push on. 

But...Appointing a Head Coach who would not have got past the initial interview anywhere else. 

Failing to sack him soon enough. 

His own contribution as Head Coach since has been underwhelming for 75% of the time and the 2019 form is relegation material.

Whatever momentum we had under Robbie has gone and now we are a club that looks at a 10-game run without a win and says “oh but look, most of those games were against Top 6 sides”. Diddy Team Mentality. 

You know whats “airy fairy”? Chat of “we are about to turn a corner”, “some team is due a hammering off us”, “we will be better when one certain player is fit” etc etc  

i wish jj was my dad
18 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Even by Jkb standards this is pish. We we started in the championship with a squad of laddies. We have rebuilt the entire infrastructure of the club, an academy of players running from bairns to u21s with the likes of Hickey, Harry and Irving all having a big impact already and have signed guys like Naismith, Berra, Souttar and Whelan. Compare that to what we had on Budgement Day.

17 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Eh???so we should be 1st or 2nd?The old firm have spent fortunes,3rd at this present time would be great.We haven't went backwards,we were in the 1st division  when Anne brought Craig in.

No that's not realistic to finish 1st or 2nd.  Winning the a cup is.  Or even making some progress in the Europa League for a change.  We finished 3rd just a few points behind Aberdeen in our first season back up so we have gone backwards.

1 hour ago, Boab said:

It destroyed them !

I doubt it. They managed to win the cup after a million years and it was party down to Neilson. 

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

No that's not realistic to finish 1st or 2nd.  Winning the a cup is.  Or even making some progress in the Europa League for a change.  We finished 3rd just a few points behind Aberdeen in our first season back up so we have gone backwards.

Yes but we have spent £18 million on a new stand,£4 million on the academy and £1 million on the pitch,you get that eh?

3 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Even by Jkb standards this is pish. We we started in the championship with a squad of laddies. We have rebuilt the entire infrastructure of the club, an academy of players running from bairns to u21s with the likes of Hickey, Harry and Irving all having a big impact already and have signed guys like Naismith, Berra, Souttar and Whelan. Compare that to what we had on Budgement Day.

Neil Alexander, Gomis, Eckersley, Pallardo,  Bauben and Sow were not young laddies.  So you are talking pish.

6 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Yes but we have spent £18 million on a new stand,£4 million on the academy and £1 million on the pitch,you get that eh?

Yeah I do.  It's just an easy excuse to blame our horrific form over the last 3 seasons.  The fact is Budge has still backed Levein superbly during this time.  

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Yeah I do.  It's just an easy excuse to blame our horrific form over the last 3 seasons.  The fact is Budge has still backed Levein superbly during this time.  

It's not an excuse its £23 million that could've been spent signing quality players.

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

It's not an excuse its £23 million that could've been spent signing quality players.

:lol:

i wish jj was my dad
13 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Neil Alexander, Gomis, Eckersley, Pallardo,  Bauben and Sow were not young laddies.  So you are talking pish.

Were they were at the club before Levein arrived?  He can't be blamed for our recruitment policy without getting credit for recruiting a squad built from scratch. 

Which is it?

1 minute ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Were they were at the club before Levein arrived?  He can't be blamed for our recruitment policy without getting credit for recruiting a squad built from scratch. 

Which is it?

I give credit to Robbie Neilson for the excellent recruitment and getting a great balance with experience and youth.  Even into the 2015-16 he recruited well (Rossi and Juanma etc).   It's been shocking since then.

4 hours ago, Sagan said:

Craig is surviving on what he's done behind the scenes. 

Cathro had one job, one job! and failed. 

Unfortunately Craig has taken on that same job and even with better players and Ann backing him no end, he's not doing much better. 

We need a new head coach. I'd say manager but that's not realistic with Levein still on board. 

Exactly. Posters hiding behind Levein"s so called glorious "past record" and the "run" to the Cup Final where we beat lower league opposition. The minute we come up against a top 6 team we are pumped out. The same will likely happen next month against Aberdeen.

WheatfieldWarrior
2 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

I imagine he is referring to Budgement day, where we started building for that season with just 12 players retained from the relegation squad. Those players were then recruited in the first wave.

i wish jj was my dad
6 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Exactly. Posters hiding behind Levein"s so called glorious "past record" and the "run" to the Cup Final where we beat lower league opposition. The minute we come up against a top 6 team we are pumped out. The same will likely happen next month against Aberdeen.

And your month will be ruined when we beat them.

25 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

And your month will be ruined when we beat them.

You seem to have a fixation about my "weekend/month/night/day being ruined by our results. Under the present regime, I couldn't care less about results .

i wish jj was my dad
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You seem to have a fixation about my "weekend/month/night/day being ruined by our results. Under the present regime, I couldn't care less about results .

You clearly don't care enough about results to support the club but you certainly show plenty of interest when results aren't good. Far more interest than you did when we were top of the league and flying. 

If, and I appreciate it is a big if, the squad gels and we have the season we are capable of it will be interesting to see if you are still all over this board or if you retreat back into your shell like you did last year. 

Just now, i wish jj was my dad said:

You clearly don't care enough about results to support the club but you certainly show plenty of interest when results aren't good. Far more interest than you did when we were top of the league and flying. 

If, and I appreciate it is a big if, the squad gels and we have the season we are capable of it will be interesting to see if you are still all over this board or if you retreat back into your shell like you did last year. 

I saw the spell when we were "flying " as being temporary. We had a great run of fixtures to start with which helped and some games were won by a fine margin.  We did have a good start no doubt but I stated on here that the test would come in October...and it did. Some were deluded enough to talk of title challenges but 15mins at Ibrox, with a full squad, put paid to that. Motherwell also had a great run of wins mid season  You judge a team over a full season and we were dire. You can chop and change players, bring in droves of them , let others go without kicking a ball....but if the same guy is in charge then , unsurprisingly,  you get the same outcome. 

The Real Maroonblood
28 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I saw the spell when we were "flying " as being temporary. We had a great run of fixtures to start with which helped and some games were won by a fine margin.  We did have a good start no doubt but I stated on here that the test would come in October...and it did. Some were deluded enough to talk of title challenges but 15mins at Ibrox, with a full squad, put paid to that. Motherwell also had a great run of wins mid season  You judge a team over a full season and we were dire. You can chop and change players, bring in droves of them , let others go without kicking a ball....but if the same guy is in charge then , unsurprisingly,  you get the same outcome. 

Chill out mate after a win today everything will be fantastic again.

11 hours ago, bistokid said:

A real sliding doors moment for the Cathro reign. We played the best football I've seen us play since the Burley days. Utterly dominant and then oddly an injury to Don Cowie knocked us and then Liam Smith sold the jerseys.  Might have worked out differently had we closed that game out as we should have.

I have said exactly the same to many people that it was the best performance since Burley. Don’t blame Liam Smith I blame the club for years of signing right footed defenders to play left back!

Think today could be D day for levein. A poor result today will be the final straw for many. And it wont be easy against a Hamilton side that will sit in to frustrate us. 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic