Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

36 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nope, read up I responded to another poster. 

You're just acting like a chicken dinner because you completely missed my point and when you tried to be a smarty pants and correct me, you were the one that was away on a tangent and due to whatever reason, cannot grasp the comparison I made. 

Quite an easy and logical one as well. 

You need help son, serious help if you think that you post logical responses to other JKB members.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

We need results. 

I said min 2/4 before well. 

That is now 3/4 as we beat them. 

If we don't win our next two home games we're in trouble. 

In all honesty I think in 4  weeks we'll have won 2 or 3 league games and be in the sf of the league Cup. 

He needs results tho. 

Defeat of Hamilton and/ or Motherwell isn't an option. 

Seriously. What the **** are you actually watching ?? If we don’t win our next two home games we’re in trouble ?? Staggering. 

indianajones
5 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Seriously. What the **** are you actually watching ?? If we don’t win our next two home games we’re in trouble ?? Staggering. 

He's either trolling or just completely stupid. 

Some Levein fan boys are probably just Hobos trolling us.

Don't feed the troll...

Edited by innerjambo

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

The result today changes nothing from yesterday. 

The same arguments to and for have not changed. 

It's just a bit repetitive and boring now. 

Yup, nothing's changed. We are still getting beat with ease in Glasgow. 

You are correct, its repetitive and boring not to mention hugely frustrating that we keep going down heavily through there without so much as a whimper. 

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Stupid you say? 

I Knew the pk rules tho. 

👍

Alex Kintner

Today doesn’t change anything for me. Still has the first round of fixtures to convince me he is the right man for the job.

A real hammering today might have shortened that to me giving him the next four games only. A win today might have stretched it out to be giving him till Christmas.

MaroonTorres
4 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Today doesn’t change anything for me. Still has the first round of fixtures to convince me he is the right man for the job.

A real hammering today might have shortened that to me giving him the next four games only. A win today might have stretched it out to be giving him till Christmas.

The last two years of the CL project & being 'almost there' haven't convinced you otherwise yet?

45 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Said it I don't know how many times the boy is a troll!

Alex Kintner
12 minutes ago, MaroonTorres said:

The last two years of the CL project & being 'almost there' haven't convinced you otherwise yet?

Been back and forth. Before cup final I wanted him gone. After cup final was giving him till Christmas. Now I’m giving him first round of fixtures. 

12 months ago did you want him gone?

MaroonTorres
1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

Been back and forth. Before cup final I wanted him gone. After cup final was giving him till Christmas. Now I’m giving him first round of fixtures. 

12 months ago did you want him gone?

I've never been an avid supporter of his, from day 1. When things are going well, he seems to be able to keep momentum. However his ability to change a game, or stop the rot on a bad run, seems to be non existent.

Always believed there to be a better option than CL out there, with regards to on-field related matters. I was honestly hoping he would step down after the cup final last season to end on, somewhat, of a high. 

Regardless of the results after the next 3 to 4 games, first round of fixtures or the end of season; I realistically don't see his current position as recoverable. Most markedly after comments recently made, in angst & frustration, directing disdain towards the fans. I feel as though time after time that the debate resurfaces, we're delaying the inevitable.

We might be a fickle, demanding & impatient support, but it's hard to defend his record over the past year when reviewed as a whole.

4 hours ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Lets just see how we get on after one round of fixtures two of the hardest games in the league Aberdeen away and Celtic away is not enough to be judged on fair enough Ross county could have been better but I’m confident we’ve got the quality there for a turn around 

Wait after this, wait after that. It's always the same response from the happy clappers. he's had plenty time.

Alex Kintner
9 minutes ago, MaroonTorres said:

I've never been an avid supporter of his, from day 1. When things are going well, he seems to be able to keep momentum. However his ability to change a game, or stop the rot on a bad run, seems to be non existent.

Always believed there to be a better option than CL out there, with regards to on-field related matters. I was honestly hoping he would step down after the cup final last season to end on, somewhat, of a high. 

Regardless of the results after the next 3 to 4 games, first round of fixtures or the end of season; I realistically don't see his current position as recoverable. Most markedly after comments recently made, in angst & frustration, directing disdain towards the fans. I feel as though time after time that the debate resurfaces, we're delaying the inevitable.

We might be a fickle, demanding & impatient support, but it's hard to defend his record over the past year when reviewed as a whole.

Qualify for Europe and reach a semi final and he’ll have recovered imo

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Said it I don't know how many times the boy is a troll!

Report me then or shut the **** up

Trolling is against jkb rules, take it with up them. 

Calling folk a troll repeatedly is also trolling, mods have a word in Mr shites earhole, please. 

He's like toothache, a dull, constant pain.

Eddie The Eagle

1 minute ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

Lose to Hamilton and its all over for Craig Levein as manager 

May i add that's my opinion and not fact 

Just now, Eddie The Eagle said:

Lose to Hamilton and its all over for Craig Levein as manager 

Budge won't fire him unless there is some kind of revolt. I think he will get the derby and manage a draw as they leak goals all over the place. 

14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Report me then or shut the **** up

Trolling is against jkb rules, take it with up them. 

Calling folk a troll repeatedly is also trolling, mods have a word in Mr shites earhole, please. 

He's like toothache, a dull, constant pain.

Some folk eh. Trying to push your button get red faced for replying with f word. 

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

I don’t think it would cause disruption. Levein himself, in his first spell in the early noughties, said that players are durable and handle change more than anyone. They just want to play. 

Imo, We are crying out for a natural motivator who keeps things simple. We have some good attacking players who need a bit freedom. Who feel good about themselves and are bursting to get on the park. We just seem stifled and have done for months.  

Completely

indianajones
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Stupid you say? 

I Knew the pk rules tho. 

👍

You got me there... 

I've tended to avoid reading on penalties seen as we are absolutely shite at them. 

okay can we all just get real we are NEVER going to win anything with this man sailing the ship

Away up in Gorgie
Just now, tntjambo said:

okay can we all just get real we are NEVER going to win anything with this man sailing the ship

C’mon man give him some more time, don’t be so impatient. We’ve won 4 league games in 2019 and “we are nearly there and just need a little more from everybody”!!! :rofl:

Can't believe his perception of the game as communicated in his post match interview. It really highlights just how out of touch he has actually become.

I actually thought he was taking the piss then realised he's been doing just that for the last 3 seasons.

Strong leadership reauired!

rudi must stay
47 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

Can't believe his perception of the game as communicated in his post match interview. It really highlights just how out of touch he has actually become.

I actually thought he was taking the piss then realised he's been doing just that for the last 3 seasons.

Strong leadership reauired!

Levein has always been a sore loser, I don't think he learns anything from defeat. What is it they say about insanity, doing the same thing again without results, well that's sort of him 

7 hours ago, everton_jambo said:

I’ve been in the Levein out camp for over a year now, but don’t see any point in swinging the axe right now. The time to do it was the summer (or indeed the summer before). Unless we continue to fail to win games over the next few weeks or an outstanding candidate becomes available, I think we persevere until January.

Its not that he really deserves a stay of execution but my feeling is the squad actually seem to like working for him and he attracts decent players like Naismith, Washington and Halkett, so must command some respect. Getting rid of him now might just cause more disruption.

I do think results will improve over the next few weeks, but unless there is a dramatic change in style of play and performance levels that is maintained until January, we surely have to look to bring in a whole new management/coaching team at that point. Not sure I can see him turning it round but hope I’m proved wrong.

I don’t understand why a squad that apparently likes the manager continually fails to put in the required effort during a game.

4 hours ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

May i add that's my opinion and not fact 

That would be the opinion of most.

Cant see us losing to Hamilton. We better not. Hopefully we score a few goals and go on a nice run of wins.

MaroonTorres
7 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Qualify for Europe and reach a semi final and he’ll have recovered imo

That's seems a long, long way off going on the performances of this season alone. I do agree, he will be deemed to have 'turned things around' if he manages to pull that off. I still wouldn't be convinced that he is the right man for the job that he currently occupies though.

Sourcing & signing quality players seems to be his bag; getting them to play good or effective football in a team unit is not.

Seymour M Hersh
5 hours ago, tntjambo said:

So in keeping with the vast majority of our history then. 

46 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

So in keeping with the vast majority of our history then. 

Apparently Craig is relaxed about our current situation. Christ this doesn't look  good. 

sandylejambo

If it's true that Ann Budge has offered him another two years then SHE should go before HE accepts and someone who knows football take over, this is F****** seriously damaging what she has done. The same shit week after week and no signs that it's going to change, enough is enough, it seems he'll only go if we stop contributing, I don't want to do that but if that's what it takes I'm in.

I have long been a supporter of Craig Levein, however our league form now suggests it’s time for a change. 

Question is who should we go after as his replacement? 

Who is available? 

Who would the fans choice be?

Personally i would go all out for Michael O’Neill. I think it would be hard to get him but we should do whatever it takes.

9 minutes ago, kingm616 said:

I have long been a supporter of Craig Levein, however our league form now suggests it’s time for a change. 

Question is who should we go after as his replacement? 

Who is available? 

Who would the fans choice be?

Personally i would go all out for Michael O’Neill. I think it would be hard to get him but we should do whatever it takes.

O'Neil is on a reported 800k a year.

Secondly, we will not change manager any time soon.

Thirdly, can we just have a stick on threat for slating Levein and the players each week rather than starting a new thread for each every week. Then we can easily copy and paste the same posts every week.

Thanks.

Finlay James

Don't want to dampen your spirits but he won't be getting sacked anytime soon.  Even if he does leave his 1st team duties, he will go back to his DOF role.

However, for the sake of the OP's question, I agree, O'Neill would be a great choice.  I just want a manager who gets the best out of everyone and have them believing they are going to win every trophy that they play for.

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, MaroonTorres said:

That's seems a long, long way off going on the performances of this season alone. I do agree, he will be deemed to have 'turned things around' if he manages to pull that off. I still wouldn't be convinced that he is the right man for the job that he currently occupies though.

Sourcing & signing quality players seems to be his bag; getting them to play good or effective football in a team unit is not.

It does and it doesn’t. Win our next two we’ll be sitting top four probably.

In the current set up I can't see Craig Levein being sacked. Rightly or wrongly Anne Budge likes the work he is doing. Having run businesses successfully and made millions she won't remove somebody from a position where she perceives that they are doing a good job. Basically Craig can write his on ticket so to speak.

Football has moved on massively and we see a younger breed of manager succeeding. I watched a great interview with the Norwich technical director where he talks about a mentality of player who will run through brick walls for you to bring success and not spending millions. Really interesting theory tine will tell if it pans out.

But theoretically if Craig did go you have to get for me a younger guy with fresh ideas in to lead from the front.

But all hypotheticals and I don't think he's leaving anytime soon

53 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

If it's true that Ann Budge has offered him another two years then SHE should go before HE accepts and someone who knows football take over, this is F****** seriously damaging what she has done. The same shit week after week and no signs that it's going to change, enough is enough, it seems he'll only go if we stop contributing, I don't want to do that but if that's what it takes I'm in.

Surely not another 2 years!

Leveins Battalion

Loved Craig Levein in his 1st stint as manager,a real tracksuit manager who kicked and headed every ball.That passion is gone,the fire in his belly has gone out.

Any good manager needs a strong team around him,I just dont see it with MacPhee,Daly and Fox.

His post game interviews are becoming more and more baffling with each passing game.The pressure is on Craig big time,it would be eternally sad to see a club legend have the fans turn on him.

sandylejambo
10 minutes ago, kila said:

Surely not another 2 years!

Someone put that on in here somewhere, let's hope it's a lie.

1 hour ago, sandylejambo said:

You are aware of the deal with Ann Budge right? She’s going nowhere until we pay her what’s she is due. Regardless she’s transformed the club beyond recognition, despite the manager situation I’m dreading the day she leaves the club. Not only that until he took over as manager CL was doing a very good job as part of her board. 

I just wish they’d take the easy option here and stick Levein back upstairs it’s a win win for all of us.

Clerry Jambo

I would like to think the gaffer will walk before he’s pushed. I honestly believe he knows the club comes first and will know when his time is up. Would love the team to go on a run for his sake aswell as the supporters but I can’t see where it’s coming from.

I'd love someone like the guy at Norwich or like a Klopp, obviously these guys are great managers and we probably wouldn't get someone of the same standard but I mean a young manager with personality, 

a clear vision of how they want to play and someone who will engage with the fans and get everyone onside.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

I'd like Levein to quit, but clearly he needs  pushed. Last seasons form, continuing into this season means we'll be in a relegation fight. 

Mid Calder Jambo

Just heard on BBC Scotland that CL is saying he is "relaxed" about the situation. Now either some journo is taking the piss or he definitely needs to go because if I was relaxed about my work performance being as abysmal as his then I would be expecting the sack.

Financially I swithered before spending £500 for a season ticket that I couldn't really afford but I did it.  I really cannot be arsed about Saturday if we are going to have to watch that eye bleeding pish and I have just shelled out £20 for the save Levein's career game against Aberdeen.  Think I am the stupid one taking the piss out of myself.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic