Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

5 minutes ago, Boab said:

We played a big part in relegating Hibs.

You would maybe want to revise that last line, bud.

Large parts were awful, aye, but I take the other poster’s view re; away supports. There was a terrific feeling at some, esp the last game of the season.

I am just telling you what it felt like to me mate. Hated that season. Relegation party obviously was fun. Beating Aberdeen too. What was not fun was the way we chucked in the towel. Can’t remember if it was the last game of the season or just the last home game, but I wasn’t interested in applauding Locke and Brown on their lap of honour. By that stage I was so pissed off with the willingness to accept relegation I just wanted them both launched. Just my opinion, but I was furious at the way that panned out.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I am just telling you what it felt like to me mate. Hated that season. Relegation party obviously was fun. Beating Aberdeen too. What was not fun was the way we chucked in the towel. Can’t remember if it was the last game of the season or just the last home game, but I wasn’t interested in applauding Locke and Brown on their lap of honour. By that stage I was so pissed off with the willingness to accept relegation I just wanted them both launched. Just my opinion, but I was furious at the way that panned out.

I hear that, mate. There were many games we could have maybe have done better, giving us a chance. I think as the realisation of relegation set in, the support got better. Not an appreciation of Lock and Brown, just a defiance, for want if a better word.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
50 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

That's correct... Sorts the real fans out from the others.... Following the team when things aren't going well. 

Oh I went to a lot of games that season and thoroughly enjoyed Locke throwing the towel in in October

Dusk_Till_Dawn
17 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

We can agree on this. Locke’s management was awful and for him to think he should have automatically stayed on full time was ridiculous.

I give Levein endless respect for biting the bullet back then.

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

We can agree on this. Locke’s management was awful and for him to think he should have automatically stayed on full time was ridiculous.

I give Levein endless respect for biting the bullet back then.

Nice to agree on something! 😄

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Nice to agree on something! 😄

:rofl:

had to happen eventually 

3 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

You said those backing Levein were “unwilling to compromise” but every one of us has agreed that the last six months has been unacceptable 🤷🏻‍♂️

Wrong, I said those who back Levein, like those who want him out, are unwilling to compromise.

Unknown user
16 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Wrong, I said those who back Levein, like those who want him out, are unwilling to compromise.

So you did say that those who back levein were unwilling to compromise then?

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yes I did, but that wasn't the point. I made the point that people still defended our poor form for the last 6 months, making one excuse after another to defend Craig Levein. 

Unknown user
Just now, innerjambo said:

Yes I did, but that wasn't the point. I made the point that people still defended our poor form for the last 6 months, making one excuse after another to defend Craig Levein. 

So the guy wasn't wrong!

That aside, Hearts fans supporting the team, defending the manager, even when going through some bad form - how is that a bad thing exactly?

"We'll support you ever more"

"OMG you refuse to compromise!"

Alex Kintner
4 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

You said those backing Levein were “unwilling to compromise” but every one of us has agreed that the last six months has been unacceptable 🤷🏻‍♂️

55 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

37 minutes ago, Smithee said:

29 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

:wtfvlad:

14 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

:wtfvlad:

Everyone has not accepted that the last 6 months have been acceptable on the pitch. Many have defended the performances with various excuses relating one thing or another, and in defence of the manager. It's really not that hard to grasp, although it looks like one or two are struggling tbf.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, innerjambo said:

Everyone has not accepted that the last 6 months have been acceptable on the pitch. Many have defended the performances with various excuses relating one thing or another, and in defence of the manager. It's really not that hard to grasp, although it looks like one or two are struggling tbf.

:what:

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

:what:

Not everyone thinks our performances have been unacceptable over the last 6 months. 

6 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Not everyone thinks our performances have been unacceptable over the last 6 months. 

Bollox not one person thinks they have been , there is a difference between looking at the big picture and thinking they should be better but there is maybe reasons and thinking nope not good enough bye.... the ones who do not compromise as you put it are Levein out ones as they have no willingness to concede there may be reasons or a bigger picture

Edited by sadj

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Bollox not one person thinks they have been there is a difference between looking at the big picture and thinking they should be better but there is maybe reasons and thinking nope not good enough bye.... the ones who do not compromise as you put it are Levein out ones as they have no willingness to concede there may be reasons or a bigger picture

Total bollox, reasons, excuses, more excuses.

1 minute ago, innerjambo said:

Total bollox, reasons, excuses, more excuses.

So because people see things differently they must think the performances and results have been acceptable?

Alex Kintner
20 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Examples of posters and posts...

There isn’t a single genuine Hearts fan who has been happy with the past six months.

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

So because people see things differently they must think the performances and results have been acceptable?

Some people think we play, average, good to average. If this happened, if that happened, we had a lot of possession, we were unlucky blah blah blah. There are those people, and there are other people who think we're absolutely horse shit.

3 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Examples of posters and posts...

There isn’t a single genuine Hearts fan who has been happy with the past six months.

Well I disagree, I've see plenty of arguments to the contrary over the last 6 months .

3 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Some people think we play, average, good to average. If this happened, if that happened, we had a lot of possession, we were unlucky blah blah blah. There are those people, and there are other people who think we're absolutely horse shit.

I don’t think anyone thinks we play good football every week. Average footie yeah at times , good footie occasionally , unlucky we have been unlucky. With some luck we would of picked up at least 10/12 points more. Some errors by our players , some reffing decisions and others injuries. Some think we should take that kinda thing into account but are not happy with performances and results.

Examples are - losing naismith - 1pt at Motherwell - keeper error , 2pts at home to Hibs - Dikamonas disallowed goal , 2pts at St Johnstone - ref error , 1pt at home to Rangers - ref error , 1/3pts at home to Hibs , ref error , 1pt at home to Celtic - red card/last minute goal - unlucky to lose that match and red card one many felt wasn’t as its not giving consistently including hibs v rangers not long after. Possible 3pts Killie at home - goal conceded that i would blame Zlamal for and then a disallowed goal for us. 

Thats off the top of my head. Thats a lot of points to drop that we could of avoided. Had we of done would the convo be the same. No it would be the perofrmance need to improve , creativity needs to improve but we are going in the right direction. 

There is others who think Levein = bad man end of convo

CloustonHMFC

Whether everyone agrees that the last 6 months were unacceptable or not, we’re heading into the start of a new season and for me, all of this should be left at the door. New season, new start. Time for everyone to get behind the team and the manager, it would go a long way to helping the team in the first few games of the season. If things remain unacceptable, then we can act but for now nothing is going to happening and to go round and round in circles is f*****g pointless. 

Edited by DarioHMFC

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Whether everyone agrees that the last 6 months were unacceptable or not, we’re heading into the start of a new season and for me, all of this should be left at the door. New season, new start. Time for everyone to get behind the team and the manager, it would go a long way to helping the team in the first few games of the season. If things remain unacceptable, then we can act but for now nothing is going to happening and to go round and round in circles is f*****g pointless. 

Spot on 

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

I don’t think anyone thinks we play good football every week. Average footie yeah at times , good footie occasionally , unlucky we have been unlucky. With some luck we would of picked up at least 10/12 points more. Some errors by our players , some reffing decisions and others injuries. Some think we should take that kinda thing into account but are not happy with performances and results.

Examples are - losing naismith - 1pt at Motherwell - keeper error , 2pts at home to Hibs - Dikamonas disallowed goal , 2pts at St Johnstone - ref error , 1pt at home to Rangers - ref error , 1/3pts at home to Hibs , ref error , 1pt at home to Celtic - red card/last minute goal - unlucky to lose that match and red card one many felt wasn’t as its not giving consistently including hibs v rangers not long after. Possible 3pts Killie at home - goal conceded that i would blame Zlamal for and then a disallowed goal for us. 

Thats off the top of my head. Thats a lot of points to drop that we could of avoided. Had we of done would the convo be the same. No it would be the perofrmance need to improve , creativity needs to improve but we are going in the right direction. 

There is others who think Levein = bad man end of convo

At this point in the evening, I've only got one more thing to say to you....... I'm having a whisky, enjoy the rest of your evening. 

Alex Kintner
22 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Well I disagree, I've see plenty of arguments to the contrary over the last 6 months .

Absolutely shite and your lack of evidence about something you claim is so blatant and prevalent speaks volumes.

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

Absolutely shite and your lack of evidence about something you claim is so blatant and prevalent speaks volumes.

I could name several posters who have defend our performances in one way or another over the last 6 months. And that sunshine, is a fact! 

CloustonHMFC
8 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

I could name several posters who have defend our performances in one way or another over the last 6 months. And that sunshine, is a fact! 

Defending and giving reasoning are two different things, sunshine. 

27 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Defending and giving reasoning are two different things, sunshine. 

Neither are they accepting of another bad performance sunshine.

4 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Inner having his usual nonsensical argument. 

Bridge of Djoun joining the tag team as usual, late at night, clueless as usual 

11 hours ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

The best season recently to follow the team was when we had the points reduction.... We obviously were not going to win much but we had a team that fought for the jersey and great away supports. 

Sorry mate but I disagree completely. The bit in bold is exactly the attitude that helped get us relegated that season. Yes, it was always going to be difficult but with better management I still believe to this day that we could’ve overcome the points deduction and stayed up. 

Gary Locke used the situation as an excuse after every defeat. 

i wish jj was my dad
8 hours ago, Smithee said:

So the guy wasn't wrong!

That aside, Hearts fans supporting the team, defending the manager, even when going through some bad form - how is that a bad thing exactly?

"We'll support you ever more"

"OMG you refuse to compromise!"

Good post. It shows how much the world has changed. Imagine gettting slated for getting behind the people at the club. Why the **** would you want to compromise your support?

Finlay James
10 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Thankfully, Ann Budge and Craig Levein 100% agreed with you

16 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

If it is that blatant and frequent I’m sure you could easily provide a few examples of posters saying the football over the past six months has been acceptable...

Well, there is one, though he/she is such an obvious troll whose 'positive' posts can be as nauseous as the old gin boy's negativity.  Two cheeks of the same arse sort of thing.

Alex Kintner
8 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Go for it 👍🏻

Alex Kintner
2 minutes ago, Haken said:

Well, there is one, though he/she is such an obvious troll whose 'positive' posts can be as nauseous as the old gin boy's negativity.  Two cheeks of the same arse sort of thing.

I know to whom you refer but I’m pretty sure even AD acknowledged we had underperformed.

8 hours ago, innerjambo said:

4 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Go for it 👍🏻

I'd like to hear this, too.  Pretty sure I was a happy clapper, but the last part of last season was dire and I got to the point where I felt we needed a change.  Well, that channge ain't going to happen (though a bad start to the season could change that) and I accept the club's decision.  New season and time to get behind everyone at the club.

40 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

I know to whom you refer but I’m pretty sure even AD acknowledged we had underperformed.

Stay positive and support the club = troll.

Slag off everything possible, regurgitate the same tired mundane boring garbage = PHM.

Go figure.

15 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Stay positive and support the club = troll.

Slag off everything possible, regurgitate the same tired mundane boring garbage = PHM.

Go figure.

That's no way to talk about Levein's management style!

:muggy:

::troll::

Nookie Bear

Locke “hiding” behind the kids?

Nothing to do with the turmoil at the club. Unpaid wages and fears over our future. 

Nah, nothing at all. 

I know Locke was out of his depth but, as a PHM should, he stood up and took the job on when it was far easier to wait for more serene circumstances. I respect him for that. 

And at least he never said “I don’t know” when asked what he was going to do about bad results...

If only Levein was available then to help out. Oh right, he was. Why didn’t he?

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Nothing to do with the turmoil at the club. Unpaid wages and fears over our future. 

Nah, nothing at all. 

I know Locke was out of his depth but, as a PHM should, he stood up and took the job on when it was far easier to wait for more serene circumstances. I respect him for that. 

And at least he never said “I don’t know” when asked what he was going to do about bad results...

Curveball.

10 hours ago, sadj said:

Bollox not one person thinks they have been , there is a difference between looking at the big picture and thinking they should be better but there is maybe reasons and thinking nope not good enough bye.... the ones who do not compromise as you put it are Levein out ones as they have no willingness to concede there may be reasons or a bigger picture

Sadj, I really enjoy reading your posts and have respect for what you say as you are always balanced and clear in the points that you make 

I just take issue slightly with what you say above and in respect of the “Levein Out Brigade” having no willingness to concede there may be reasons or a bigger picture

its like saying the “Levein In Brigade” have no willingness to see that there may be issues with the manager and brainwashed into thinking everything will come good 

Now, I would take umbrage with both statements as I don’t think everyone in each camp is either one or the other

I think there are posters on either side who do remain balanced and love/support the club through and through 

I agree that just criticising with no reason doesn’t help at times but I think if there is fair and a rationale for debate and the points put forward are reasonable then consideration should be called for and the points debated properly between both sides 👍

17 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

This bit isn't entirely fair in my opinion.

Gary Locke was still on a wage (albeit not a huge one I'm sure), anybody else returning to help out wouldn't be.

Surely the same question could be asked of numerous other with a Hearts connection who also didn't offer to work for nothing.

John Robertson, Gary Mackay, John Colquhoun, Henry Smith and many other I'm sure.

If Levein was to answer for this then surely everybody else with a Hearts background and an experience of working in professional football would have to also.

Edited by Gregorski

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I thought Gary Locke got a particularly hard time for the reasons Nookie outlined.

Since then I believe Neilson and Levein have been given a particularly hard time for how they handled Gary Locke, it wasn't a good look, man goes into help you out, takes your job. However in truth Gary did not shine elsewhere, no matter how good a guy Gary is, that is the truth.

It was a bad situation all round, but it really is one that everyone needs to move on from, but Hearts being Hearts there is always a bit of politics hanging around.

Gotta love the hypocrisy. With Levein it's "excuses", but with Locke it was a set of insurmountable circumstances that led him to say 'oh well, never mind. nobody expects us to stay up anyway'. Brilliant.

8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

However in truth Gary did not shine elsewhere, no matter how good a guy Gary is, that is the truth.

Much like the nonsense with Billy King and a few select other 'PHM' players, their failures elsewhere are glossed over and the party line is that they were harshly treated and not given a fair crack of the whip.

45 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Nah, nothing at all. 

Locke was already working for the club and was promoted from within as an affordable option.

44 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Locke was already working for the club and was promoted from within as an affordable option.

Probably the only option as no one else would have done it at that time. I get what IOS is saying as regards some performances but we were in that particular position because of one **** only !

There, since it’s wasp season, there’s another nest poked !

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Not one person has accepted the last 6 months. 

Everyone agrees it's been poor, but getting to the final was good. 

The difference of opinion is in the best way forward-

Some, like myself feel that CL made a little progress last season and feel that with his team built over two years will take us further forward. Some also understand that our injuries to many key players negatively effected our season whilst also accepting  that we did not react well enough or have enough balance to compensate and we need to do better. 

Others, like yourself feel that the best way forward is to get a new management team and start again with a new philosophy, team and players. 

That is the difference of opinion. It's also 100% welcome. 

What is frustrating for me anyway, is that now that CL is staying, some can't get over it and Continue their repetitive ramblings making jkb a chore. 

Every thread goes the same way. 

As ios says as well, some of the patter is very hibs. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic