Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

It's the Internet age thing. Everyone has a platform and people are less tolerant with those they disagree with.
Before it was discussed in the pub after the game then that was it until the following weekends game. Now everything is done to death 24/7

Aye , correct.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

13 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

It's the Internet age thing. Everyone has a platform and people are less tolerant with those they disagree with.
Before it was discussed in the pub after the game then that was it until the following weekends game. Now everything is done to death 24/7

Definitely plays a part. Here’s a thing though. People cite the seventies and eighties as being a golden age for atmosphere etc. That is the argument for letting the young team sing what they like and express ‘traditional views’. How on Earth are you ever going to get all the Hearts support united on that one? The Hearts support of 2019 is a broad church of backgrounds and views, if you have folk trying to tie us to a political or religious agenda, then that’s a division that cannot be bridged straight away. That’s before you even get in to things like owners, players and managers.

The only way you will ever get a completely united support would be if all the support left the other stuff out of the stadium, and sang and cheered for the only thing everyone in the Hearts end have in common... the football team they support. After that, you’ve just got the debates over the players or managers ability. So even then you won’t have unity.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

We_are_the_Hearts
2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Definitely plays a part. Here’s a thing though. People cite the seventies and eighties as being a golden age for atmosphere etc. That is the argument for letting the young team sing what they like and express ‘traditional views’. How on Earth are you ever going to get all the Hearts support united on that one? The Hearts support of 2019 is a broad church of backgrounds and views, if you have folk trying to tie us to a political or religious agenda, then that’s a division that cannot be bridged straight away. That’s before you even get in to things like owners, players and managers.

The only way you will ever get a completely united support would be if all the support left the other stuff out of the stadium, and sang and cheered for the only thing everyone in the Hearts end have in common... the football team they support. After that, you’ve just got the debates over the players or managers ability. So even then you won’t have unity.

I agree but it's not just political and religion though. It's pyros and flares, stealing opposition flags, stewards hats etc, standing at the game, language. Some of it is just being daft and young but people are so easily riled these days! Also you can have concerns about CL or AB without being a "hater". Everything is so black and white, you are either a happy clapper or hater and people can't accept other peoples views.

I agree but it's not just political and religion though. It's pyros and flares, stealing opposition flags, stewards hats etc, standing at the game, language. Some of it is just being daft and young but people are so easily riled these days! Also you can have concerns about CL or AB without being a "hater". Everything is so black and white, you are either a happy clapper or hater and people can't accept other peoples views.

Sure, some folk will get bent out of shape about smaller things too. Some of the things on your list though, are always going to be divisive though aren’t they? Can’t see an asthmatic person being keen to inhale a smoke bomb, and who wants flares to damage the pitch or burn someone? 

The question my mate Harry asked, was why can’t we just be united. The reasons have been given by me and now you have added a few yourself too.

Some will only be unacceptable to a few people, others will split the support pretty much in halves. 

Keep it to the one one and only thing that we ALL have in common, and it would go a long way to cutting the division down significantly. We all support Hearts after all.

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Sure, some folk will get bent out of shape about smaller things too. Some of the things on your list though, are always going to be divisive though aren’t they? Can’t see an asthmatic person being keen to inhale a smoke bomb, and who wants flares to damage the pitch or burn someone? 

The question my mate Harry asked, was why can’t we just be united. The reasons have been given by me and now you have added a few yourself too.

Some will only be unacceptable to a few people, others will split the support pretty much in halves. 

Keep it to the one one and only thing that we ALL have in common, and it would go a long way to cutting the division down significantly. We all support Hearts after all.

As someone who started going in the 80s you can defo feel the divide now. The support was like a family back then and had each others back. Now you are just as likely to be stabbed in the back. Would be good for those days to return and just concentrate on backing the team.

Selkirkhmfc1874

As someone who started going in the 80s you can defo feel the divide now. The support was like a family back then and had each others back. Now you are just as likely to be stabbed in the back. Would be good for those days to return and just concentrate on backing the team.

Correct ! Few times over last couple seasons seen hearts fans fighting each other 

19 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

I started going in the mid to late eighties too. I was a kid though. Here’s the thing though, if everyone seemed to be one big family, or singing from the same song sheet, then that means one of three things:

1) Everyone held the same political, racial and religious views and wanted to express them at the football.

2) Many supporters joined in the songs about hating these groups despite either being a part of them themselves, or having friends or family that were, just to fit in with the image that had been adopted by some of the fans.

3) Many supporters didn’t like the image that had been adopted, but they didn’t feel comfortable letting on, so they just put up with it.

Probably there were fans who fell in to all three categories at different times.

41 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

I agree about the hater and happy clapper thing too. I have a different opinion about Levein and Budge to a fair few posters on here, and I try to keep it civil with them and don’t call them silly names. They do the same with me. Then there are the folk who actually do overstep the mark though, and trot out Hibs patter about Levein shitting himself or being a loser. That Budge is a greedy granny who doesn’t get football... I’m supposed to have a civil conversation with people who come out with total horseshit like that? No chance. 

been here before
51 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Correct ! Few times over last couple seasons seen hearts fans fighting each other 

Nothing at all new there. That happened in the 70s and 80s too.

The main thing dividing us all at the moment is undoubtedly the football that's been served up for the last 6 months and the current manager of course. Both sides of the argument unwilling to compromise and thus becoming fierce keyboard warriors. 

21 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

The main thing dividing us all at the moment is undoubtedly the football that's been served up for the last 6 months and the current manager of course. Both sides of the argument unwilling to compromise and thus becoming fierce keyboard warriors. 

This simply is not true. 

You are deliberately fanning the flames and not for the first time. I question your intent with that ridiculous statement.

I haven’t seen anyone on here saying the football for the last 6 months of last season was acceptable. Not one from either side of the Levein in or out debate. 

What I have seen and please feel free to correct me is people, myself included, who realise categorically that the football last season was extremely poor for the 2nd part of the season and that we relied on certain players to much. I also see, and I include myself again in this, that tactics during this period were pretty 1 dimensional and boring.

People from both sides, wether you personally agree or not, agree that there were some fairly mitigating circumstances that led to the above happening. This has been debated over and over with you being a willing participant.

Why you insist in peddling this bizarre insistence that people in the Levin “in” camp are refusing to acknowledged the above is beyond me? 

The debate has has been done over and over. You been an active participant in this debate over and over.

I can not think of one reason other than “flaming” the topic that it needs brought up again?

Maybe you do?

Maybe you might concede that right now a few months later, it’s not actually worthwhile going over it again?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Unfortunately I don’t see that happening mate. It would be nice, but can you see it yourself? Until the support concentrate on Hearts and football only, and leave the political, racial and religious stuff at the turnstiles, then you will never get consensus. 

WTF has this even got to do with arguments about Levein? :lol:

14 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

This simply is not true. 

You are deliberately fanning the flames and not for the first time. I question your intent with that ridiculous statement.

I haven’t seen anyone on here saying the football for the last 6 months of last season was acceptable. Not one from either side of the Levein in or out debate. 

What I have seen and please feel free to correct me is people, myself included, who realise categorically that the football last season was extremely poor for the 2nd part of the season and that we relied on certain players to much. I also see, and I include myself again in this, that tactics during this period were pretty 1 dimensional and boring.

People from both sides, wether you personally agree or not, agree that there were some fairly mitigating circumstances that led to the above happening. This has been debated over and over with you being a willing participant.

Why you insist in peddling this bizarre insistence that people in the Levin “in” camp are refusing to acknowledged the above is beyond me? 

The debate has has been done over and over. You been an active participant in this debate over and over.

I can not think of one reason other than “flaming” the topic that it needs brought up again?

Maybe you do?

Maybe you might concede that right now a few months later, it’s not actually worthwhile going over it again?

Then you must visit this site with your eyes closed. Infact you are typical of the point I was making, a sad sad reflection on the state of JKB these days.

2 hours ago, been here before said:

Nothing at all new there. That happened in the 70s and 80s too.

Quite common then too but doesn't suit the golden years of the shed style argument.

been here before
5 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Quite common then too but doesn't suit the golden years of the shed style argument.

Im all for the 'golden years' argument having been there for a good part of it.

The occasional pagger, disagreement or downright full scale mass swedge was all part of it. No-one who ever stood in the shed for any amount of time could say it never happened.

28 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

WTF has this even got to do with arguments about Levein? :lol:

Ask Harry Potter. I just replied to his post. 👍

33 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Then you must visit this site with your eyes closed. Infact you are typical of the point I was making, a sad sad reflection on the state of JKB these days.

Or perhaps you are too set in your own mind, and you only read what you want to read.

10 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Or perhaps you are too set in your own mind, and you only read what you want to read.

Nope, I take on both sides of the argument and try to be measured in my opinions. I understand that the bigger picture means that the academy is coming on leaps and bounds and we are beginning to see the benefits of that. But I also despair at how we collapsed after the semi final last year, and how he really struggled, unsuccessfully, to find a solution. I find that quite worrying tbf.

Alex Kintner
55 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

If it is that blatant and frequent I’m sure you could easily provide a few examples of posters saying the football over the past six months has been acceptable...

Just now, innerjambo said:

Nope, I take on both sides of the argument and try to be measured in my opinions. I understand that the bigger picture means that the academy is coming on leaps and bounds and we are beginning to see the benefits of that. But I also despair at how we collapsed after the semi final last year, and how he really struggled, unsuccessfully, to find a solution. I find that quite worrying tbf.

So why then are you claiming that those who don’t want rid of Levein are unwilling to compromise in their views? I’ve read countless posts from those who don’t want to get rid off him, where the poster in question has stated that they want to see an improvement, and that they think it is coming along. Yourself and a few others are making out as if those who don’t want rid are just blind Levein acolytes, or as one poster describes us “Levein cuckolds”. 

Personally, I read your posts and I see someone who has made their mind up, and who is completely unwilling to even consider the possibility that they are wrong. 

4 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

If it is that blatant and frequent I’m sure you could easily provide a few examples of posters saying the football over the past six months has been acceptable...

Actually I didn't say anything of the sort. It was made up to assist his argument against me.

So why then are you claiming that those who don’t want rid of Levein are unwilling to compromise in their views? I’ve read countless posts from those who don’t want to get rid off him, where the poster in question has stated that they want to see an improvement, and that they think it is coming along. Yourself and a few others are making out as if those who don’t want rid are just blind Levein acolytes, or as one poster describes us “Levein cuckolds”. 

Personally, I read your posts and I see someone who has made their mind up, and who is completely unwilling to even consider the possibility that they are wrong. 

Like I said, there are what I would call extremists on both sides, mostly at the wind up, but it becomes quite heated and the insults start flying. 

Me personally, if he turns it around I will very happy and supportive. I don't happen to believe he will turn it around though, but that's my opinion, hey ho!

18 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

2 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Like I said, there are what I would call extremists on both sides, mostly at the wind up, but it becomes quite heated and the insults start flying. 

Me personally, if he turns it around I will very happy and supportive. I don't happen to believe he will turn it around though, but that's my opinion, hey ho!

However, you say that the academy has come on leaps and bounds, but when you voted on what your favoured outcome would be for Levein at Hearts, you said you wanted him to "leave the club altogether". Why would you want that if you think his work has meant that the academy has come on leaps and bounds? That's the sort of thing that makes it look as though you just don't like him, and that you are happy to disregard any positives he has brought.

On 26/04/2019 at 19:34, innerjambo said:

If Levein bores us to death for long enough, and refuses to budge (no pun intended). Will we all become immune to shite performances and just visit Tynecastle for a happy clappy day out, and sing happy clappy songs, while wearing Artful Dodger hats and a cheeky wee smile??

:fonzie:

On 26/04/2019 at 19:43, innerjambo said:

Thanks mate, appreciated. I feel exactly the same about the CL fan club btw.

On 26/04/2019 at 21:03, innerjambo said:

Probably in reality more like 4 to 6 chief. Seems you've got all bases covered, with your other 15,879 CL happy clappers, the 4 to 6 Levein oot brigade don't stand a chance.

12 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

The last post doesn't tally with the posts above it...

29 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

It doesn't look like it after reading a small number of your posts on the topic, as above ^^

4 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

That's not just a football thing, it's a society thing. There are divides all over the place that there wasn't before. Back in the 70 and 80s we had Hogmanay house parties that could last 2 or 3 days going from house to house. Would you trust all your neighbours now? We were all brought up when neighbours were like extended family, looking out for one another and having each others backs. That doesn't happen nowadays. Football used to be a place where you could shout yourself hoarse and get the frustrations of life out of your system. Anyone so much as sneezes at Tynie now they can be tutted at. Families used to go into family sections, now they're all over the stadium with kids booting the back of your seat and juice and everything else strewn across the floor. If a player misses a sitter it used to be "a, fur f sake ya **** tw~t!" Now it's "ooh, how unlucky!" And if you do accidentally manage to let a sweary word slip out, you can feel eyes burning the back of your neck.

Football has changed, and not for the better. Forums like these are now the place where people let their daily frustrations out instead of on the terrace. Treat forums with a pinch of salt.

As for "Levein Out" You would shout out your dis-satisfactions on the terrace years ago but now you're not allowed an opinion without being shouted down. Whether people want him out or not is irrelevant. We're stuck with him either way.

1 minute ago, jambonian said:

That's not just a football thing, it's a society thing. There are divides all over the place that there wasn't before. Back in the 70 and 80s we had Hogmanay house parties that could last 2 or 3 days going from house to house. Would you trust all your neighbours now? We were all brought up when neighbours were like extended family, looking out for one another and having each others backs. That doesn't happen nowadays. Football used to be a place where you could shout yourself hoarse and get the frustrations of life out of your system. Anyone so much as sneezes at Tynie now they can be tutted at. Families used to go into family sections, now they're all over the stadium with kids booting the back of your seat and juice and everything else strewn across the floor. If a player misses a sitter it used to be "a, fur f sake ya **** tw~t!" Now it's "ooh, how unlucky!" And if you do accidentally manage to let a sweary word slip out, you can feel eyes burning the back of your neck.

Football has changed, and not for the better. Forums like these are now the place where people let their daily frustrations out instead of on the terrace. Treat forums with a pinch of salt.

As for "Levein Out" You would shout out your dis-satisfactions on the terrace years ago but now you're not allowed an opinion without being shouted down. Whether people want him out or not is irrelevant. We're stuck with him either way.

I agree with a lot of what you have put here about how things are in the stadium. The thing is though, it's every stadium in the land. It's not a Hearts thing. The thing that ****s me off the most, is when people churlishly try and claim that this is just something that we are doing at Hearts. Society has changed for better or for worse, and the behaviour that is being clamped down on, is no longer deemed acceptable anywhere. It's a totally different debate as to whether it should be or not, but the fact remains that it is now absolutely deemed unacceptable to shout and sing certain things. You acknowledge that in your first sentence, so I figure i'm preaching to the choir, but some people genuinely seem to think that Ann Budge is trying to stop supporters from swearing or making a bit of a din as some kind of crusade for personal gain. The myth has been perpetuated now that she wants Tynecastle to be a library and doesn't want singing or swearing, when in fact the only people she has tried to silence, are the ones who sing or chant unacceptable things, such as racism or sectarian hatred. It's not just at Hearts though, it's society in general where this sort of thing is no longer deemed acceptable.

24 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

The last post doesn't tally with the posts above it...

It doesn't look like it after reading a small number of your posts on the topic, as above ^^

I've been guilty myself of getting caught up in the arguments and being pissed off at performances, and pissed off at Levein, I can't deny that obviously. Are you completely innocent of winding people up, or taking a point too far? I very much doubt it.

I get annoyed when people defend him no matter how badly we're doing, and who deflect any all blame away from his door.

At the end of the day I just want us to be doing much better than we are doing. But of course I can't say that can I?  because someone will come along shortly and say Hearts have always had ups and downs, and that's the way it is, and that's the way it will always be. And so it continues on and on..........

Edited by innerjambo

3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I agree with a lot of what you have put here about how things are in the stadium. The thing is though, it's every stadium in the land. It's not a Hearts thing. The thing that ****s me off the most, is when people churlishly try and claim that this is just something that we are doing at Hearts. Society has changed for better or for worse, and the behaviour that is being clamped down on, is no longer deemed acceptable anywhere. It's a totally different debate as to whether it should be or not, but the fact remains that it is now absolutely deemed unacceptable to shout and sing certain things. You acknowledge that in your first sentence, so I figure i'm preaching to the choir, but some people genuinely seem to think that Ann Budge is trying to stop supporters from swearing or making a bit of a din as some kind of crusade for personal gain. The myth has been perpetuated now that she wants Tynecastle to be a library and doesn't want singing or swearing, when in fact the only people she has tried to silence, are the ones who sing or chant unacceptable things, such as racism or sectarian hatred. It's not just at Hearts though, it's society in general where this sort of thing is no longer deemed acceptable.

Years ago if people shouted certain things at the game you'd either laugh at them and their ignorance or ignore them and carry on regardless. It was all part of the entertainment and the match day experience. Nowadays it's all tut-tut by the offended prawn sandwich brigade. Stewards....don't  get me started on that lot! lol

8 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Years ago if people shouted certain things at the game you'd either laugh at them and their ignorance or ignore them and carry on regardless. It was all part of the entertainment and the match day experience. Nowadays it's all tut-tut by the offended prawn sandwich brigade. Stewards....don't  get me started on that lot! lol

Same as in society in general though. I think it's just a case of football stadia being brought in to line with everywhere else. Again, the argument about whether or not that is the right way to go is a separate issue.

Is there maybe also an element of the support being more diverse, and that meaning that many of the old offensive songs and chants are actually directly insulting to our own fans? I think there is something in that personally. That and the fact that you can't just shuffle along a wee bit if you do find yourself standing next to someone that you find annoying.

13 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

I've been guilty myself of getting caught up in the arguments and being pissed off at performances, and pissed off at Levein, I can't deny that obviously. Are you completely innocent of winding people up, or taking a point too far? I very much doubt it.

I get annoyed when people defend him no matter how badly we're doing, and who deflect any all blame away from his door.

At the end of the day I just want us to be doing much better than we are doing. But of course I can't say that can I?  because someone will come along shortly and say Hearts have always had ups and downs, and that's the way it is, and that's the way it will always be. And so it continues on and on..........

Yes, I can be guilty of it too. In general though I try and stick to the 'treat people the way you would expect them to treat you' ethos. Obviously there are exceptions that crop up from time to time though. An example of this, is that I can think of three or four posters off the top of my head right now, who I disagree with on this topic, yet I don't call them all sorts of shit, and they don't with me.

13 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Yes, I can be guilty of it too. In general though I try and stick to the 'treat people the way you would expect them to treat you' ethos. Obviously there are exceptions that crop up from time to time though. An example of this, is that I can think of three or four posters off the top of my head right now, who I disagree with on this topic, yet I don't call them all sorts of shit, and they don't with me.

Fair point, it's how it should be. Anyway, let's hope we can start the season well and forget about all the other crap.

22 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Society has changed, people need to change with it. Not enough people call arseholes out at the game, often because they just don't want the hassle and I can understand that. Sometimes it's genuinely generational and people are a product of the world they grew up in but they are still wrong. Few seasons back guy behind me in the main stand was on the back of our black players much more than anyone else, particularly Buaben and I eventually called him out on it. He was annoyed but I didn't hear any of his mates jumping in and defending him. 

I look around me at work and it's much more diverse, people's race and sexuality are not an issue anymore. I speak to my teenage kids and they are much more comfortable with issues that my generation (48 sadly) wouldn't discuss. 

The only thing that doesn't seemed to have moved on is sectarianism and a massive factor in that is it is still perpetuated by the twin arse cheeks. 

19 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Fair point, it's how it should be. Anyway, let's hope we can start the season well and forget about all the other crap.

Yep, me too.

Governor Tarkin

We should all get together and lob bricks at the Celtic team bus next time they are in town.

That would unite the support and give us a moment of cheer to recount to our children in years to come.

14 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

We should all get together and lob bricks at the Celtic team bus next time they are in town.

That would unite the support and give us a moment of cheer to recount to our children in years to come.

Lennon would fake his own death to try and get us into deeper trouble. 

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

This is absolutely spot on.  With the greatest respect to those who went in the 1980's (I was just a kid) but society and football have all massively moved on and it will never go back to 'how it was'.   

27 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Had I known something like this was on the cards, then I’d have sacked off the family and scooted down to the fans bar to meet you and GtM before the United match.

MR INCREDIBLE

The best season recently to follow the team was when we had the points reduction.... We obviously were not going to win much but we had a team that fought for the jersey and great away supports. 

2 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

The best season recently to follow the team was when we had the points reduction.... We obviously were not going to win much but we had a team that fought for the jersey and great away supports. 

Disagree completely. I hated that season, it was dreadful. The team threw the towel in and the manager let them. I’m still pissed at the post-match interviews where Locke stood there and said things like ‘ah well, nobody is expecting us to stay up anyway’, or when he deliberately left subs off the bench to prove a point. Awful season full of shite results and a real ‘oh well, never mind’ attitude that I was absolutely delighted to see the back of.

Selkirkhmfc1874
9 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

One of the best seasons for me was robbie neilsons first season ! Was brilliant going away to the likes of alloa , dumbarton , queen of the south etc 

MR INCREDIBLE
10 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Disagree completely. I hated that season, it was dreadful. The team threw the towel in and the manager let them. I’m still pissed at the post-match interviews where Locke stood there and said things like ‘ah well, nobody is expecting us to stay up anyway’, or when he deliberately left subs off the bench to prove a point. Awful season full of shite results and a real ‘oh well, never mind’ attitude that I was absolutely delighted to see the back of.

As I said... Not a good season for the glory hunters but good for the fans who go through thick and thin. 

5 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

As I said... Not a good season for the glory hunters but good for the fans who go through thick and thin. 

I went to every home game and a few away that season. It was awful. We had a losing mentality that was being fanned by the manager coming out with shit like ‘it’s fine, I’m putting my arm around the boys and nobody expects us to stay up anyway’. We were absolutely dire to watch, and folk were just shrugging and going ‘oh well’. **** all to do with being a “glory hunter”, it was absolute torture and the players stopped trying.

Then to cap it all off, you had Locke thinking he should have been given the job full time, and all his mates and family going online and wailing about the injustice of it all.

Worst season I can remember since Tommy McLean. 

Randy Marsh

I went to every home game and a few away that season. It was awful. We had a losing mentality that was being fanned by the manager coming out with shit like ‘it’s fine, I’m putting my arm around the boys and nobody expects us to stay up anyway’. We were absolutely sure to watch, and folk were just shrugging and going ‘oh well’. **** all to do with being a “glory hunter”, it was absolute torture and the players stopped trying.

Correct.  The annoying thing is we would have stayed up if Locke had some belief in the youngsters.  He only gave guys like King, Carrack and Walker a game when it was too late.

2 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Correct.  The annoying thing is we would have stayed up if Locke had some belief in the youngsters.  He only gave guys like King, Carrack and Walker a game when it was too late.

Exactly. I was absolutely furious that season, we just chucked the towel in. 

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Actually I didn't say anything of the sort. It was made up to assist his argument against me.

You said those backing Levein were “unwilling to compromise” but every one of us has agreed that the last six months has been unacceptable 🤷🏻‍♂️

Nookie Bear
35 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Walker was a regular from the start and I’m not sure King or Carrack deserved more game time. 

It was a ridiculously difficult season. Could  a different manager have done better? Yeah, but nobody else seemed willing to step forward and put themselves in the firing line. 

4 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Amazing how “quiet” you become when asked perfectly acceptable questions?

Who would have thought it?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

You mean that dogshit season under Gary Locke???

christ 

MR INCREDIBLE
32 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

You mean that dogshit season under Gary Locke???

christ 

That's correct... Sorts the real fans out from the others.... Following the team when things aren't going well. 

2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I went to every home game and a few away that season. It was awful. We had a losing mentality that was being fanned by the manager coming out with shit like ‘it’s fine, I’m putting my arm around the boys and nobody expects us to stay up anyway’. We were absolutely dire to watch, and folk were just shrugging and going ‘oh well’. **** all to do with being a “glory hunter”, it was absolute torture and the players stopped trying.

Then to cap it all off, you had Locke thinking he should have been given the job full time, and all his mates and family going online and wailing about the injustice of it all.

Worst season I can remember since Tommy McLean. 

We played a big part in relegating Hibs.

You would maybe want to revise that last line, bud.

Large parts were awful, aye, but I take the other poster’s view re; away supports. There was a terrific feeling at some, esp the last game of the season.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic