Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

buzzbomb1958
10 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

what grow up  :wow:   piss off !!!!!!!!!the football has been shit or mybe your happy with the piss we have been watching of late !!!!!

Some people can't smell shite never mind see it when it's right in front of them

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

ford donald
40 minutes ago, Mr Kipling said:

You make a good and objective point, and I'm glad someone has. However I have two points of concern:

First, has Levein really stabilised us? Statistics suggest that his line of results are very similar to that of Cathro and the football on display really is not good.

Second, how do you know Levein won't be our Head Coach next year? Do you know something we don't?

41 minutes ago, Mr Kipling said:

You make a good and objective point, and I'm glad someone has. However I have two points of concern:

First, has Levein really stabilised us? Statistics suggest that his line of results are very similar to that of Cathro and the football on display really is not good.

Second, how do you know Levein won't be our Head Coach next year? Do you know something we don't?

There are plans in place,I believe Cl going back upstairs...time will tell.

55 minutes ago, Crete said:

Don’t be so sexist.it shouldn’t mater if a football manager is male or female as long as they are good at their job and Shelley Kerr is.

From the age of about 10 up until I was about 24 I played football at varying levels. I played in good teams and bad teams and on more than one occasion a change of coach would have a huge positive impact on the fortunes of a team that was once struggling. My point is that even though I played under some excellent coaches, they were only really excellent for the level they were at. Some did go on to better things but they had to prove themselves through many, many levels of competitive football. 

Shelly Kerr is clearly a very talented coach and the work she has done with the national team has been remarkable. She no doubt has a big future in the game but the fact is that woman’s football is very far behind the men’s game and for that reason alone she is not the right person for such a big job. 

I want the best person for the job, regardless of any previous links to the club. Maybe one day that will be a female and if it is then hopefully she will get the job purely on merit and have my absolute support along with it.

Calling people sexist because they don’t want someone who has basically been coaching at and amateur level to get the Heart of Midlothian job is ludicrous. 

Jingle Bells
2 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Theres a lot more to running a football club than simply hiring and firing the manager.  Ann inherited a cluster **** from Romanov but she quickly turned that around and restarted the club from the roots up.  There are hundreds of things that Ann has done to grow the club and ensure that we prosper going forward.  Her business contacts, as an example, have brought much needed cash into the club and we are generating income from sponsorship like never before.

Shes also worked hard on changing and improving the clubs image so that people actually want to invest in us.  I could go on all day really.  The long and short is that she is extremely intelligent and makes decisions without involving emotions.  The emotional stuff is for us fans.  She is no different to any other decent football club owner in that she won't let her heart rule her head and it will only be noticeable in time once we start to see the results of the hard work folk are doing behind the seconds with the academy etc.

As for her not firing Levein after the Livi game, it could be argued that was the right decision.  That was a freak result and happens to all clubs every now and then.  She's rightly stuck by him as removing managers after a run of poor results is reactive, unless it is dragging the club into trouble, which of course, we are not.  Cathro was different as he didn't have the experience to convince anyone that he could turn it around.  Levein has also given us the chance to lift the Scottish cup so sacking him, in hindsight, would have been premature.  He was given the job for a period to stabilize us and he has done that.  However, he won't be our head coach next season.  He's taken the team as far as he can and the timing is now right for fresh blood.  If the right person is appointed, they will inherit a very good squad (one that Levein has not gotten the best out of).

Is the difficult part of identifying Strikers// Goal Scorers truly being addressed through out the different age groups.?

I'm asking because this aspect of player  recruitment  has been abysmal for the last 24 years under our current Head Scout/ ex DOF.,imho.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s from Dundee so yeah ? ??

This made me laugh otherwise this thread today  is ??

53 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Yes she’s good at her job managing a women’s football team, a team which would be hammered easily by Armadale thistle men’s team. 

Im not saying it’s impossible, the gap is enormous, a female manager would need to prove it at a lower level than hearts.. 

The gap from a coaching side is not enormous , the coaching licenses are the same. Neither is her ability the issue I would say. The issue imo would be similar to what we see on here when her name is discussed , its the sexist element (not aimed at you your post is not sexist). Players are unlikely to get on board with her easily and that would be very tough to overcome. Her personal attitude I think she would be tough enough to cope but would it be enough to overcome stereotypes in the game which is a worldwide mentality for most players? That is a very different story i think. 

We_are_the_Hearts

There can't be anyone left that goes to games that still wants CL in charge. There is nothing enjoyable in watching that, nothing. 

Mr Kipling
1 hour ago, ford donald said:

There are plans in place,I believe Cl going back upstairs...time will tell.

My biggest concern is that MacPhee or Daly will be the ones taking the reins and I'm not sure they are the best people for the job - yes, time will tell.

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, Mr Kipling said:

My biggest concern is that MacPhee or Daly will be the ones taking the reins and I'm not sure they are the best people for the job - yes, time will tell.

Nothing to be not sure about, they are clearly not the best people for the job and would be experimental. We are too big a club to be fannying around with cathro's etc. We havent progressed in over 2 seasons now. We have 5, maybe 6 starters in our squad which given the number of changes is shocking. We also have little to see academy wise yet, cochrane a good prospect but no more than that so far.

We could and should be doing so much better than we are and that revolves mostly around 1 man.

The collapse at Livingston should have seen him walk!

1 hour ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

There can't be anyone left that goes to games that still wants CL in charge. There is nothing enjoyable in watching that, nothing. 

There's one dodgy character who does. Halcyon days type stuff, it seems. Whether he attends or not is another question. 

I do and it's soul destroying. And that's just home games. 

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, martoon said:

There's one dodgy character who does. Halcyon days type stuff, it seems. Whether he attends or not is another question. 

This season after the first dozen games has become a total chore.

I've never heard so much anger in the stands.

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, martoon said:

The dodgy one is a troll.

1 hour ago, Mr Kipling said:

**** me how many times do people with half a shred of sense have to say

Daly ???????

AM - not unless something dramatic changes

Rocky jamboa
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Nothing to be not sure about, they are clearly not the best people for the job and would be experimental. We are too big a club to be fannying around with cathro's etc. We havent progressed in over 2 seasons now. We have 5, maybe 6 starters in our squad which given the number of changes is shocking. We also have little to see academy wise yet, cochrane a good prospect but no more than that so far.

We could and should be doing so much better than we are and that revolves mostly around 1 man.

The collapse at Livingston should have seen him walk!

Spot on. We need an experienced guy at the helm, with some sort of track record, such as stevie Clarke. A good tactician, gets the most out of players and has the right attitude. He's been at big clubs, such as Chelsea, so would sort out the infrastructure of the football side also. That's the calibre of manager a club the size of Hearts should be looking at, not experimenting with guys like cathro and Daly. 

You could argue we haven't progressed since we came up from the championship. That's 4 years levein's ultimately had to get things right and he hasn't. It's time for a fresh start. 

ford donald
4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

While it’s your own decision mate I really can’t agree with stuff like this. 

The FOH pledges are and never were intended to be to shouting about who the manager is. 

Levein will be gone if we want him gone there’s no need to cancel the pledges. 

Important to keep pledging,do not cancel.CL is finished as a manager,changes will be made.

Bridge of Djoum
4 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

I'm one of those weird types who judge a football club by what happens on the football pitch. Crazy I know but it's just the way I am. 

I'm one of those weirdos who judges a football TEAM by what they do on the pitch.

I judge the club as a whole. 

5 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Important to keep pledging,do not cancel.CL is finished as a manager,changes will be made.

You seem sure. How so..? And what changes..?

Forever Hearts
Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

I'm one of those weirdos who judges a football TEAM by what they do on the pitch.

I judge the club as a whole. 

Great. You can sit and watch a healthy balance sheet while I watch the turgid mince on the park. Everyone's a winner!

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Great. You can sit and watch a healthy balance sheet while I watch the turgid mince on the park. Everyone's a winner!

That's quite clearly not what I said. 

Try reading it again without drooling.

Just remember It's IN through the nose, and OUT through the mouth. You'll find this method easier than the alternative.

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

8 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

You seem sure. How so..? And what changes..?

What right now is not important apart from to the slaverers. We need to put this to the side and focus on the cup final and hopefully pulling off a shock. Which we are capable of then what happens will happen. 

wattie exploited
3 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Some people can't smell shite never mind see it when it's right in front of them

:wtfvlad:

10 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Or you can have a much better product on the park that leads to administration.  

The football can certainly be improved but not at any cost.

Forever Hearts
20 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

So every decent team leads to administration? I must let the Killie fans know. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Administration happens when you can't service your debts. I'd love to know who is truly now in debt in Scottish football, bar Sevco.

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Did I say that?

Are you saying Killie are not in debt or that they're coping with whatever debt they have?

We've had our fingers burned already and I'd prefer to tread carefully

Lavish spending beyond your means is no guarantee of trophies or European competition.

Having no money to spend does not mean you cannot compete for trophies or European competition.

It's not a simple mathematical formula.

indianajones
2 hours ago, Mr Kipling said:

CL leaving and one of these two taking up the role is honestly a depressing thought.

One step forward, two steps back would be the more than likely outcome. 

Forever Hearts
26 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Did I say that?

Are you saying Killie are not in debt or that they're coping with whatever debt they have?

There's treading carefully and then there's this Hearts team. 

Inch Hearts
34 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Did I say that?

Have you how much debt Killie are in? Did they make a profit or loss season for example? 

Inch Hearts
8 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

There's treading carefully and then there's this Hearts team. 

He’s just thought up a brand new excuse to defend why we have underchieved big time again this season, give him his 5 mins of glory.  At least we won’t have to hear the injury defence every 5 mins now. 

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

He’s just thought up a brand new excuse to defend why we have underchieved big time again this season, give him his 5 mins of glory.  At least we won’t have to hear the injury defence every 5 mins now. 

A game of excuse bingo.

Admin.

New stand.

Cathro 

New pitch.

Injuries. 

Academy revamp.

Referees. 

Four faces

The backroom coaching staff need to go too.They have been doing most of the coaching after all.So a big no to any of them taking over.

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

You do know that it is possible to have a much better product on the park without going into debt. Actually watching potential signings before we spunk hundreds of thousands away on wages wouldn’t be a bad place to start. And a coaching staff and manager that had a clue about the modern game would help too.

53 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Have you how much debt Killie are in? Did they make a profit or loss season for example? 

Have you?

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

CL leaving and one of these two taking up the role is honestly a depressing thought.

One step forward, two steps back would be the more than likely outcome. 

Jesus does no one actually listen on here

53 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

From the man who wants to sign players and doesn't have an inkling of their cost.

Just spend, spend, spend and hope for the best.

The thing to remember here is that Mrs B hopes to hand over the club in a good state not saddle FoH with a load of debt.  Bear in mind that speculating to accumulate does not guarantee success.

Mr Kipling
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Jesus does no one actually listen on here

Listen to what? Please can you be a bit more specific.

Edited by Mr Kipling

1 minute ago, Mr Kipling said:

Iv stated and others have stated certain things several times this week never mind on the entirety of this thread. Its not aimed at you in particular just sick of the same comments and then people ignore whats said or not said that tells you things and just plow on anyway. 

Mr Kipling
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Iv stated and others have stated certain things several times this week never mind on the entirety of this thread. Its not aimed at you in particular just sick of the same comments and then people ignore whats said or not said that tells you things and just plow on anyway. 

What exactly has been said?

I'm saying that I want Levein to go and all the backroom to follow but, there is a "Succession Plan" in place, which means that Daly and/or MacPhee will take over when Levein moves on. That has come directly from Ann Budge. 

Has something changed?

10 minutes ago, Mr Kipling said:

What exactly has been said?

I'm saying that I want Levein to go and all the backroom to follow but, there is a "Succession Plan" in place, which means that Daly and/or MacPhee will take over when Levein moves on. That has come directly from Ann Budge. 

Has something changed?

Yes 

Bridge of Djoum
22 minutes ago, Mr Kipling said:

Image result for pacific ocean

Sorry, I thought you said...

Dennis Law
4 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

Spot on. We need an experienced guy at the helm, with some sort of track record, such as stevie Clarke. A good tactician, gets the most out of players and has the right attitude. He's been at big clubs, such as Chelsea, so would sort out the infrastructure of the football side also. That's the calibre of manager a club the size of Hearts should be looking at, not experimenting with guys like cathro and Daly. 

You could argue we haven't progressed since we came up from the championship. That's 4 years levein's ultimately had to get things right and he hasn't. It's time for a fresh start. 

No chance of Stevie Clark or anyone else like him. Craig likes to surround himself with young guys that he can bully and who don’t talk back to him (Cathro Neilson Daly Fox Kirk) He displayed these behaviours at Dundee Utd too. You can read Leveins behaviour like a book. Putting young players to the slaughter providing an excuse in defeat. Fooling fans with odd controversial comments to get them on side. Thought Budge was astute? Levein has conditioned her big time. We won’t progress till he goes and not upstairs!

BOBTHEBRUCE
3 minutes ago, Djnoisy said:

Most recent current form table. I'm sure it's upside down! ?

Screenshot_20190511-191334.jpg

Bring back Cathro. 

Forever Hearts
9 minutes ago, Djnoisy said:

Most recent current form table. I'm sure it's upside down! ?

Screenshot_20190511-191334.jpg

Injuries, admin and stuff. 

Sexton Hardcastle

Grown men cancelling their FOH pledges.

Better off without them. Will increase mine next week actually.

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, Dennis Law said:

No chance of Stevie Clark or anyone else like him. Craig likes to surround himself with young guys that he can bully and who don’t talk back to him (Cathro Neilson Daly Fox Kirk) He displayed these behaviours at Dundee Utd too. You can read Leveins behaviour like a book. Putting young players to the slaughter providing an excuse in defeat. Fooling fans with odd controversial comments to get them on side. Thought Budge was astute? Levein has conditioned her big time. We won’t progress till he goes and not upstairs!

I agree completely.  Levein knows how to play to the gallery and keep himself in a job. Any attempt to keep Levein in any role at the club that is anyrhing other than ceremonial,  will be rejected by the fans. Levein as DOF, with a stooge that he can "work with" would be as bad as the situation we are in right now. 

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Grown men cancelling their FOH pledges.

Better off without them. Will increase mine next week actually.

You probably won't. I will keep mine going but I can fully understand others cancelling theirs through sheer frustration and hopefully sending a message to Ann Budge that we are absolutely scunnered with the product on the pitch. 

Agentjambo
2 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Neil McCann  in.

Supporters out.

McCann not been contacted by club.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic