Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

Forever Hearts
8 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Just as well Ann isn't making an arse of Hearts then isn't it.  Seriously, if you think you could do better, what would you do?

Sack Craig Levein, although I would've done it after the 5-0 defeat to the mighty Livi. 

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Bull's-eye

People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use.

24 minutes ago, Crete said:

Shelley Kerr should be first choice when it comes to a new manager getting Scotland to a World Cup is some achievement and playing good football.

Do you have a problem with woman running football clubs? 

No she shouldn’t. 

Nookie Bear
6 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Cochrane played tonight didn't he? Smith came on as did the left back. The academy was basically non existent. It's now one of the best in the country and will only get better.

Pick another stick to beat him with. There are plenty.

There is zero evidence that our academy is the “best in the country”. 

It may be up to the standards of other SPL clubs, admittedly. 

Nookie Bear
27 minutes ago, Crete said:

Shelley Kerr should be first choice when it comes to a new manager getting Scotland to a World Cup is some achievement and playing good football.

Yes. 

Forever Hearts
12 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

No man on the planet would get the Hearts job with her CV.  Wait, she has been coaching the Brownies her entire career and you think she is ready to tackle the big bad world of the SPL as her first gig into managing in the 'real world'. 

Who are you trying to impress with bollocks like that? Who in a mind of sanity would NOT have a problem with a woman being next Hearts manager? She barely knows the laws of the jungle, she would get utterly destroyed then no doubt play the sex card after it ends in tears.

It would tick a box though. And that's what really matters. 

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

It would tick a box though. And that's what really matters. 

Ann does like us being the first at things. Just not on the football field. We do a great non alcoholic pop on matchdays though.

Inch Hearts
10 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

The last two years?? Does that include the three months we were top of the league? Grow up. 

Two months at the beginning of the season? WOW get the open top parade bus on speed dial nobody cares who’s top in October. We’ve been found out and reverted back to type. The league is now over and it’s 6th - again with even worse football and results than last season. 

chuck berrys hairline
20 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Just as well Ann isn't making an arse of Hearts then isn't it.  Seriously, if you think you could do better, what would you do?

The office block would look like a main stand for sure. She obviously wanted something she's used to sitting in most days ?

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

She'll probably employ a woman to show how forward thinking and diverse she is when it comes to football in 21st century. 

As far as I’m concerned she could hire a ****ing alien to do it as long as they’re good.

Nookie Bear
6 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Two months at the beginning of the season? WOW get the open top parade bus on speed dial nobody cares who’s top in October. We’ve been found out and reverted back to type. The league is now over and it’s 6th - again with even worse football and results than last season. 

27 games. 

26 point swing with Aberdeen. 

Aberdeen need to rebuild in the summer but you can guarantee they will do it properly. 

23 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

By sticking by Levein and giving a serial loser full control of the footballing department? Yes, she has made a complete arse of that. And the main stand build didn't exactly go smoothly. She's done many good things though and for that I applaud her. 

So to confirm, Ann Budge hasn’t made a COMPLETE arse of running us then?

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Deviskan said:

So to confirm, Ann Budge hasn’t made a COMPLETE arse of running us then?

I'm one of those weird types who judge a football club by what happens on the football pitch. Crazy I know but it's just the way I am. 

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

I'm one of those weird types who judge a football club by what happens on the football pitch. Crazy I know but it's just the way I am. 

You just said Ann Budge has “done many good things”...so I’ll ask again, has she made a complete arse of running us (as per your original statement)?

The only thing Ann Budge is guilty of is loyalty to a colleague...when, essentially she should have been more ruthless months ago.

Edited by Deviskan

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

27 games. 

26 point swing with Aberdeen. 

Aberdeen need to rebuild in the summer but you can guarantee they will do it properly. 

Yep,  because to a lesser extent they have replaced the likes of Christie and McLean last season, McGinn before that, the old Liverpool Keeper, Adam Rooney and still kicking above us comfortably.  We look to be in need of another rebuild too but I think a different management side with a different approach would get a lot lot better than this squad that look to be playing as individuals and within there selves and also look devoid of any confidence or idea.  You look at Christophe and he looks totally fed up week in week out.  If anyone needed rested last night it would be our captain, even that didn’t make sense him playing.  It’s an utter shambles. And there’s no way, not one thing that inspires me that it’s going to improve. 

Enzo Chiefo
9 hours ago, suds66 said:

Are you able to guarantee this or are you just hoping beyond hope that this incompetent clown will get what he deserves.

Sorry Suds, no guarantees at all. It's just hoping beyond hope. 

Forever Hearts
Just now, Deviskan said:

You just said Ann Budge has “done many good things”...so I’ll ask again, has she made a complete arse of running us (as per your original statement)?

She has made a complete arse of the footballing side and that's the only side that truly concerns me. Ok?

29 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Who are you trying to impress with bollocks like that? Who in a mind of sanity would NOT have a problem with a woman being next Hearts manager? She barely knows the laws of the jungle, she would get utterly destroyed then no doubt play the sex card after it ends in tears.

Making up "laws of the jungle" will not compensate for your sexual inferiority mate.  And even you can probably aim higher than reading the '12 rules for life'.   Perhaps a real philosopher can help you overcome your apparent penile issues.

She has made a complete arse of the footballing side and that's the only side that truly concerns me. Ok?

In summary...you’re incapable of admitting what you originally said was wrong.

Perhaps learn to be more specific when stating your point of view.

Finlay James
5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Sack Craig Levein, although I would've done it after the 5-0 defeat to the mighty Livi. 

Theres a lot more to running a football club than simply hiring and firing the manager.  Ann inherited a cluster **** from Romanov but she quickly turned that around and restarted the club from the roots up.  There are hundreds of things that Ann has done to grow the club and ensure that we prosper going forward.  Her business contacts, as an example, have brought much needed cash into the club and we are generating income from sponsorship like never before.

Shes also worked hard on changing and improving the clubs image so that people actually want to invest in us.  I could go on all day really.  The long and short is that she is extremely intelligent and makes decisions without involving emotions.  The emotional stuff is for us fans.  She is no different to any other decent football club owner in that she won't let her heart rule her head and it will only be noticeable in time once we start to see the results of the hard work folk are doing behind the seconds with the academy etc.

As for her not firing Levein after the Livi game, it could be argued that was the right decision.  That was a freak result and happens to all clubs every now and then.  She's rightly stuck by him as removing managers after a run of poor results is reactive, unless it is dragging the club into trouble, which of course, we are not.  Cathro was different as he didn't have the experience to convince anyone that he could turn it around.  Levein has also given us the chance to lift the Scottish cup so sacking him, in hindsight, would have been premature.  He was given the job for a period to stabilize us and he has done that.  However, he won't be our head coach next season.  He's taken the team as far as he can and the timing is now right for fresh blood.  If the right person is appointed, they will inherit a very good squad (one that Levein has not gotten the best out of).

20 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Ann does like us being the first at things. Just not on the football field. We do a great non alcoholic pop on matchdays though.

Because we can legally sell alcohol during a game right enough...

You seem angry at life in general... that no one cares about your toys being out the pram.

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Deviskan said:

In summary...you’re incapable of admitting what you originally said was wrong.

Perhaps learn to be more specific when stating your point of view.

I'll learn to do that when you learn to stop throwing daft personal insults at posters because they have a different point of view from you (which 99/100 is wrong).

The fact that after a few weeks of sale to various different categories,  you can still (right now) buy tickets for the cup final speaks volumes. 

Finlay James
19 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

The office block would look like a main stand for sure. She obviously wanted something she's used to sitting in most days ?

What?

On the positive side we have a group of youngsters that are showing promise. What we need is a manager and coaching setup that gets the best out of players. CL is miles short of that and it now seems that if CL doesn’t like a player then they are finished. We desperately need someone who can clear out the scrap signed during CL’s tenure as manager and DOF and get the other players positively motivated. 

I'll learn to do that when you learn to stop throwing daft personal insults at posters because they have a different point of view from you (which 99/100 is wrong).

I call it like I see it...based on the evidence contained within posters opinions/statements.

But nice to see further evidence of deflection/whataboutery from yourself...much like the actions of a child.

Nookie Bear
5 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Theres a lot more to running a football club than simply hiring and firing the manager.  Ann inherited a cluster **** from Romanov but she quickly turned that around and restarted the club from the roots up.  There are hundreds of things that Ann has done to grow the club and ensure that we prosper going forward.  Her business contacts, as an example, have brought much needed cash into the club and we are generating income from sponsorship like never before.

Shes also worked hard on changing and improving the clubs image so that people actually want to invest in us.  I could go on all day really.  The long and short is that she is extremely intelligent and makes decisions without involving emotions.  The emotional stuff is for us fans.  She is no different to any other decent football club owner in that she won't let her heart rule her head and it will only be noticeable in time once we start to see the results of the hard work folk are doing behind the seconds with the academy etc.

As for her not firing Levein after the Livi game, it could be argued that was the right decision.  That was a freak result and happens to all clubs every now and then.  She's rightly stuck by him as removing managers after a run of poor results is reactive, unless it is dragging the club into trouble, which of course, we are not.  Cathro was different as he didn't have the experience to convince anyone that he could turn it around.  Levein has also given us the chance to lift the Scottish cup so sacking him, in hindsight, would have been premature.  He was given the job for a period to stabilize us and he has done that.  However, he won't be our head coach next season.  He's taken the team as far as he can and the timing is now right for fresh blood.  If the right person is appointed, they will inherit a very good squad (one that Levein has not gotten the best out of).

6 league wins in 18 since losing at Livvy suggests the reaction to that defeat has been poor. The usual immediate reaction that Levein does well, but overall the malaise has persisted. 

The fact that even pro-Levein guys like you say he should go at the end of the season is damning, and indicative that a ridiculously easy cup run has kept him in a job at least two months too long. 

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

I call it like I see it...based on the evidence contained within posters opinions/statements.

But nice to see further evidence of deflection/whataboutery from yourself...much like the actions of a child.

So they deserve personal abuse because they have a different point of view from you? You come across as a self righteous, virtue signalling twat. 

And yes, I see the irony in that. 

So they deserve personal abuse because they have a different point of view from you? You come across as a self righteous, virtue signalling twat. 

And yes, I see the irony in that. 

Oh I’m 100% self-righteous when pointing out racist and sectarian scumbags...happy to confirm that.

But wait, did you just criticise me for personal abuse...by being abusive?

21 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

The only thing Ann Budge is guilty of is loyalty to a colleague...when, essentially she should have been more ruthless months ago.

Which is pretty big mistake when that colleague is crucial to the whole operation?

55 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

No man on the planet would get the Hearts job with her CV.  Wait, she has been coaching the Brownies her entire career and you think she is ready to tackle the big bad world of the SPL as her first gig into managing in the 'real world'. 

Don’t be so sexist.it shouldn’t mater if a football manager is male or female as long as they are good at their job and Shelley Kerr is.

Nookie Bear
5 minutes ago, Crete said:

Don’t be so sexist.it shouldn’t mater if a football manager is male or female as long as they are good at their job and Shelley Kerr is.

I am good at mine. Can I be Assistant?

Finlay James
14 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

6 league wins in 18 since losing at Livvy suggests the reaction to that defeat has been poor. The usual immediate reaction that Levein does well, but overall the malaise has persisted. 

The fact that even pro-Levein guys like you say he should go at the end of the season is damning, and indicative that a ridiculously easy cup run has kept him in a job at least two months too long. 

Probably mate.  If I'm honest, I didn't want him to get the job after Cathro left but I see Ann Budges rationale as she probably needed someone she could trust during a pivotal time for the club.

Ive supported him to the hilt but I just can't get over how Jekyll and Hyde we've been this season.  To start so strongly and fall away like we have is criminal.  Injuries were bad but he should have pushed players to step up and he didn't.  He waited for others to return and I think that explains the apathy with guys like Lee, Clare, Morrison, Garuccio as they probably felt like understudies.  Someone like Lee Johnson would be my shout to replace him.

jack D and coke
11 hours ago, JamboSpur said:

Just cancelled my £240 a year FOH payment. Might start it back up when this club gets a grip.

While it’s your own decision mate I really can’t agree with stuff like this. 

The FOH pledges are and never were intended to be to shouting about who the manager is. 

Levein will be gone if we want him gone there’s no need to cancel the pledges. 

8 hours ago, JI TEES said:

You having a laugh!! We are a complete laughing stock

We may well be a laughing stock, which incidentally I think is dramatic nonsense, but donating to FOH for me is about supporting the club from the bottom up and not something to walk away from because the team is as bad as it is. But each to their own. I will support my club regardless of the rubbish on the park. 

Bull's-eye
49 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Unkind and unfair imo.

???

Bull's-eye
38 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Yep. 

Hard of thinking will never understand though. Ever.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Crete said:

Jesus Christ.....

Mr Kipling
40 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

He was given the job for a period to stabilize us and he has done that.  

However, he won't be our head coach next season. 

You make a good and objective point, and I'm glad someone has. However I have two points of concern:

First, has Levein really stabilised us? Statistics suggest that his line of results are very similar to that of Cathro and the football on display really is not good.

Second, how do you know Levein won't be our Head Coach next year? Do you know something we don't?

1 hour ago, Biguche said:

Spot on. Wondering if the time has come where the fans collectively need to take action to force change if Queen Ann won't show some backbone and make changes 

Aye, and you don't have many posts.

52 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Tend to agree with this.....!

Forever Hearts
44 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Oh I’m 100% self-righteous when pointing out racist and sectarian scumbags...happy to confirm that.

But wait, did you just criticise me for personal abuse...by being abusive?

Yes, I did. Hence the last line of my post. ?

34 minutes ago, Crete said:

What makes her the right person for this job?

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Tried that with Cathro, no danger is he from this planet.

He’s from Dundee so yeah ? ??

Finlay James
15 minutes ago, Mr Kipling said:

You make a good and objective point, and I'm glad someone has. However I have two points of concern:

First, has Levein really stabilised us? Statistics suggest that his line of results are very similar to that of Cathro and the football on display really is not good.

Second, how do you know Levein won't be our Head Coach next year? Do you know something we don't?

Valid point regarding stabilizing us.  I think he's given us a solid spine and in signing up Berra, Haring, Ikpeazu etc, we have some continuity for the first time in a few years.  That's about it though.

I don't know for sure if he'll be head coach next season but have heard stuff from reliable people, mainly a mate who works for the club.  He doesn't give me much but has said that he'll be amazed if Levein is head coach next year.  

Mr Kipling
10 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

I don't know for sure if he'll be head coach next season but have heard stuff from reliable people, mainly a mate who works for the club.  He doesn't give me much but has said that he'll be amazed if Levein is head coach next year.  

To be fair, it isn't just Levein who shouldn't be coaching next season, it is most of the backroom staff too. MacPhee especially; given he has been assistant to both Cathro and Levein and the style of football is just terrible - his record should not be overlooked.

My preference is wholesale management changes, bringing someone new in with fresh and positive ideas that gets the most out of the players we have. 

Edited by Mr Kipling

Nookie Bear
44 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Unkind and unfair imo.

???

Was an open goal :P

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Crete said:

Yes she’s good at her job managing a women’s football team, a team which would be hammered easily by Armadale thistle men’s team. 

Im not saying it’s impossible, the gap is enormous, a female manager would need to prove it at a lower level than hearts.. 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic