Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

So which round would you have preferred to be beaten? Livingston? Auchinleck? Partick or Inverness? It’s a final no matter how rubbish we have been, we are in the Final! We are all frustrated but no matter how unlikely it might be, we have more chance of winning the cup than all the other teams who are better than us. I know it’s unlikely but we are only one of two teams in the whole of Scotland who have a chance to win it. I am as pissed off as anyone about how we are playing but, like it or not, no other team in Scotland has suffered the collective injuries to key players than we have, but somehow we are the last hope of preventing a whitewash by Celtic again. Do I think we will win? Of course not but only we have the chance so accept what it is and leave the gloom until it happens.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

1 minute ago, Independence said:

Ah 'heaven'. If only things were that simple and all player purchased had been brilliant (not known to have happened at any club)! Get real!!!!

You get real, I would say our recruitment has been way worse than most clubs, so much wasted money, there's players we signed all the fans thought, why we signing him, we've been proved right.

Name me a club worse than us I dare you.

I admire your spirit though ?

My wife asked me why do Hearts insist on kicking the ball up the pitch to the Aberdeen players....?

12 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

How far has hearts went backwards with the football on show ,The last 2 years has been dire and gets worse week by week I know lots of hearts supporters are completely  at their wits end with the football that we are having to put up with ,This isnt the hearts brand of football that we want to see but its the norm of late ,I can see fans really protesting if we get hammered in the next 2 games as we deserve more than what we have to put up with next excuse will be oh we are giving the young players a game  like Mikey Stewart said he is using them to deflect how crap we have been with the shit results 

I'm not sure about next week's game.  A non event fixture with nothing at stake and weakened sides.  If we get hammered in the final however there are very serious ramifications.  It's clear on this forum that supporters like you and I are at their wits end.

AB has to realise that if she's going to stick with levein it will come at a huge cost.

I feel that with rare exceptions I've been reading about dire performances for over 3 years now.

Simply has to be addressed.

If levein stays and turns it around I'll be delighted but I think that is highly improbable.

As I've stated before, Livingston 5, Hearts 0 was the nadir for me.  He  should have been out the door on the Monday.

Forever Hearts
55 minutes ago, His name is said:

On the plus side I'll be lumping on celtic big time next week 

Good thinking. Celtic will be really generous odds to beat this swashbuckling Hearts team at Celtic Park. 

Cathro’s Da

Not only is Craig Levein’s time up. Ann budge is done as chairman. For all she has done for our club financially, she has out done herself. There is obviously a close friendship between the two of them which is becoming toxic for Heart of Midlothian. As a contributor to the FOH I feel like I’m being kicked further and further into the ground by this “regime”. IMO there should not be an option for Budge to stay on. We NEED someone with experience in running a football club!!

37 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

Just cancelled my £240 a year FOH payment. Might start it back up when this club gets a grip.

IF that is true and I genuinely hope that it isn't, then you are not fit to be called a Hearts supporter. 

Jean Louis Valois

Anyone else beginning to hate the guy? Get out of our club, performances are disgusting. Sick of the PHM chat aswell, he’s a disgrace.

What I find quite baffling is that we’re in the Scottish cup final, so you would think that it wouldn’t matter who was picking the team or who was selected. The players should all be flying and fighting tooth and nail to get into the first 11 come May 25th. 

I’m pretty pissed off with Levein and all his pussy players

Gavsy Van Gaverson
1 hour ago, Dannie Boy said:

A comment would have been more helpful.

Nah that was appropriate enough.

Edited by Gavsy Van Gaverson

Jambof3tornado
19 minutes ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

I would imagine most fans will continue paying until Budge is paid back. If we are still in this mess with Levein calling the shots after that then that's when a drop off of FOH subs might happen.

Kind of where I'm at. I've never felt so far away from a Hearts team/setup in my life. Sickens me totally. Renewed the season ticket, would never not do that.

The upcoming cup final feels like a chore.

Feels like we could be approaching tipping point with the fans becoming more a more disenchanted and frustrated. We look clueless home and away.  No signs of strategy, progression or belief. Levein has to go  and I mean completely at the end of the season. Not back upstairs to remote control one of his lackeys in the dugout. Don’t want him to take charge of recruitment for another window only to waste more money on average players with no particular attributes to bring to the club. No more lost souls , projects or gambles. Levein must go is the message to the board but no one seems to be listening.

2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Kind of where I'm at. I've never felt so far away from a Hearts team/setup in my life. Sickens me totally. Renewed the season ticket, would never not do that.

The upcoming cup final feels like a chore.

I totally get where your coming from. The last 5 finals we were in I was buzzing for weeks leading up to them, but I’m not really looking forward to this one at all

buzzbomb1958
14 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

It is time to unleash our secret weapon, Malaury Martin !! 

He's been sitting in his house in France since February getting paid  this is how much of a ****ing loser levein is we are being taken for absolute mug by this loser enough is enough after the final no matter what he should be gone along with every person on the backroom staff  it's a ****ing disgrace what they are doing to this club

4 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

He's been sitting in his house in France since February getting paid  this is how much of a ****ing loser levein is we are being taken for absolute mug by this loser enough is enough after the final no matter what he should be gone along with every person on the backroom staff  it's a ****ing disgrace what they are doing to this club

The last I read about Malaury Martin was that he was recalled from Dunfermline but I couldn't make out if it was we wanted him back or Dunfermline decided he was crap and sent him back. What a sorry state of affairs. 

2 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

The last I read about Malaury Martin was that he was recalled from Dunfermline but I couldn't make out if it was we wanted him back or Dunfermline decided he was crap and sent him back. What a sorry state of affairs. 

He's happy collecting his £2500 a week wage.  Hearts are not the club I've loved all my life.  Levein has sucked the enthusiasm right out of the whole place. But he's the man, nothing else matters.  

Enzo Chiefo
3 minutes ago, MooseMich said:

He's happy collecting his £2500 a week wage.  Hearts are not the club I've loved all my life.  Levein has sucked the enthusiasm right out of the whole place. But he's the man, nothing else matters.  

He won't be the man for much longer. AB must be looking seriously at the amount of money his flawed recruitment policy is costing the club. He will be out the club after the Cup Final.

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

He won't be the man for much longer. AB must be looking seriously at the amount of money his flawed recruitment policy is costing the club. He will be out the club after the Cup Final.

We live in hope.  A new man with new staff and ideas could rejuvenate the whole club. 

21 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Are you able to guarantee this or are you just hoping beyond hope that this incompetent clown will get what he deserves.

wattie exploited
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

The last two years?? Does that include the three months we were top of the league? Grow up. 

what grow up  :wow:   piss off !!!!!!!!!the football has been shit or mybe your happy with the piss we have been watching of late !!!!!

I’ve always liked Craig Levein and stuck up for him for ages. These last six months have been nothing but dreadful though. Were it not for the cup run, he’d have had a hell of a lot more stick thrown at him. And that cup run has given him the easiest games he could have hoped for.

The football that we’re being forced to watch is horrific. The atmosphere in the support is apathetic. There’s nothing driving the Hearts at the moment. There’s a bloody cup final in two weeks time! You wouldn’t have thought of it. Whoever said that it feels like a chore was correct. I was supposed to be going to an amazing festival with bands that I really wanted to see but I had to sell my ticket because there’s no way I could miss a cup final. I’ll miss that and no doubt watch another abject performance. Yet Hearts mean so much to me that there was never any danger that I’d miss this game. I should be buzzing but I’ve no enthusiasm at all and that’s down to the Manager and the awful performances that he’s overseen since November.

Any other Manager would have been shown the door by now. I hope he’s away no matter what happens in the cup final.

Please, please leave. I wanted you to succeed I really did but we are a complete laughing stock and you are no longer helping. The interviews the list couple of weeks have been a complete embarrassment. Game over now **** off!!!

1 hour ago, Jocam2325 said:

IF that is true and I genuinely hope that it isn't, then you are not fit to be called a Hearts supporter. 

You having a laugh!! We are a complete laughing stock

2 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

Say what you want about MS but you can’t argue with any of that. 

Exactly 100% ?? wake up hearts before it's too late

1 hour ago, Jocam2325 said:

Anyone has the right to act as they see fit, and if this poster has been donated 240 a month, and cannot see a better way , then that’s his choice. 

2 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Are people seriously getting irate about tonight’s game? :rofl:

Have a day off mun. 

Head out the sand son. If you accept that then go and support Spartans or whoever

Sorry for picking posters out but how any proper Hearts supporter who donates their hard earned cash can honestly say that they are satisfied is disgraceful. To finish 6th two seasons in a row .. yeah good targets and don't give me the injuries nonsense. Unacceptable

Cruyff Turn
Just now, JI TEES said:

Head out the sand son. If you accept that then go and support Spartans or whoever

:rofl:the game was a complete irrelevance ffs. The whole season has been unacceptable, these games mean absolutely nothing, so why bother losing the heid? 

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

:rofl:the game was a complete irrelevance ffs. The whole season has been unacceptable, these games mean absolutely nothing, so why bother losing the heid? 

It's the build up... pinning our hopes on a cup final which we will get pumped in.. No doubt about it. The worst Hearts team continuous under this regime in a long, long time. Don't be blinkered by championship winning team. Backwards at a rate of knots

cosanostra

We are awful and Levein is 100% to blame for this. He needs removing from the club in all ccapacities immediately after the final, whatever the result.

Our results are an embarrassment and he's got no idea how to fix it.

I think guys cancelling their FoH subs are very stupid and short sighted but guys who will do this are clearly out there and will grow in numbers if major changes don't happen.

Ann Budge is in great danger of alienating even the moderate elements of the support by sticking with CL when he's dragging us further downward. More people are going to cancel their subs and season ticket numbers will fall.

He's had enough chances so please just put the guy out of his misery and lets move onto a positive new start. 

CloustonHMFC
1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

150 pages.

Ann, please let him go.

150 pages of the same people spouting the same pish. He needs to go but he’s going nowhere until the end of the season so it’s all about pointless and only serves to disrupt our build to a Scottish Cup final. 

6 minutes ago, sadj said:

???? jesus its howling the night... 

Explain?? Funny as a hernia

5 minutes ago, JI TEES said:

Explain?? Funny as a hernia

This thread is funny it was done to death 140 pages ago... End of , same comments from both sides for 150pages. Fact its going tonto after a nothing game in Aberdeen is even more ridic than normal.

7 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

150 pages of the same people spouting the same pish. He needs to go but he’s going nowhere until the end of the season so it’s all about pointless and only serves to disrupt our build to a Scottish Cup final. 

But but but id rather shout loudly now than support the team through the final , it was the same before Partick get him to **** or we are out , Caley get him to **** or we are out. Strength of draw is irrelevant one off game yet we are there. Some people have a good idea of the thought process of the club over the next few months and likely 15months. But others dont listen and just keep shouting louder.

people try n get positive threads going and they along with every other thread becomes gtf Levein ???

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

This thread is funny it was done to death 140 pages ago... End of , same comments from both sides for 150pages. Fact its going tonto after a nothing game in Aberdeen is even more ridic than normal.

I still don't understand how there are both sides .. indefensible. Not after tonight's game been horrific since November

Just now, JI TEES said:

I still don't understand how there are both sides .. indefensible. Not after tonight's game been horrific since November

Not after tonights game? There is two sides cause there is layers to things , bigger pictures. Two sides but a full spectrum between them. 

Shall we look at things objectively lads? I'm not giving an argument for or against btw......

Cancelling FoH pledges is short sighted and daft. People of course have the right to do so and I have the right to disagree.

He ain't going anywhere before the Cup Final so no point screaming at the clouds to demand that.

He has already been trusted with at least part of the budget for next season. Whyte, Walker ( almost definitely) and Halkett. Does that mean he will definitely be here next season? Nobody knows apart from I would suspect two people.

Is it good enough at the moment? **** no.

Would it help if the club signalled or told us his intentions before the final if he is actually going to leave? Might help the fans but it probably won't help the players, unless they already know and who the replacement is going to be.

Is McPhee filling his head with mince? Almost certainly.

Can he win back the fans. Nope but he might be stubborn enough to think he can.

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

But but but id rather shout loudly now than support the team through the final , it was the same before Partick get him to **** or we are out , Caley get him to **** or we are out. Strength of draw is irrelevant one off game yet we are there. Some people have a good idea of the thought process of the club over the next few months and likely 15months. But others dont listen and just keep shouting louder.

people try n get positive threads going and they along with every other thread becomes gtf Levein ???

Yeah because they listen to us fans ? if they did then the manager would be long gone. Nothing about shouting louder it's genuine for the club I love. Torture to watch and endure.. disagree??

OmiyaHearts

It's a shame man. I like Craig Levein but we've deteriorated quite bit over the season for a number of reasons and I cant see how he can take us into the next campaign.

I had hoped maybe one or two would have shown something extra tonight to give the manager a decision to make for the final. Apart from Bobby's enthusiasm, theres not much else to take from the game. Of course, the game had no meaning but that's no reason to accept a lack of desire from the manager and team. A lot of basics not applied from players tonight and that should be the minimum expected.

I think he's lost the dressing room but I'm not sure at what point. The 5-0 game at Livi confirmed this. No Hearts team would suffer that result if they were playing for the manager. Theres such a lack of belief and confidence in the squad, you can see and feel it from the players, especially our captain. I think a team reflects the manager and it seems quite apparent now.

I really think it's best for all if we turn over a new page after the cup final, whatever the result. Of course we have a chance and could well pull it off but a fresh approach is needed for me.

However, I seen The Horrors at the Royal Albert Hall last night and Cabbge at King Tuts tonight. So that was nice.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

jamtartan74

Barely even come on this thread as I know exactly what it’s going to be like with the same people repeatedly losing their shit, and the same people backing Levein to the hilt, that’s football for you though it’s all about opinions. 

I hate criticising Hearts as I love the club, but it’s becoming difficult to defend certain things now. I love Craig Levein and he was crucial to us after admin to help Ann run the footballing side of things, but his time is up now and that’s all together not just as manager, it’s a new direction we need, new manager new coaches. He should walk after the final regardless of the outcome and he will go with my thanks for restructuring the club and getting the academy on the right path, but his time has come to an end. Not a reaction to tonight at all, I expected to get beat, this has been building for weeks/months now and you can tell at the games that people are fed up and would rather be somewhere else or at least that’s how it feels ?. Sorry Craig but your time is up, good luck in the future whatever that may be. ??????

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Not after tonights game? There is two sides cause there is layers to things , bigger pictures. Two sides but a full spectrum between them. 

Gobble de gooc

CloustonHMFC
2 minutes ago, JI TEES said:

The majority of people I know want him to go, the difference between them is some want him gone yesterday and some understand that until the end of the season absolutely nothing is going to change so the best thing to do is to support the team between now and the final. Maybe drum up a wee bit confidence about them. The players definitely read here and it must be horrendous to see so many folk saying they’re shit at their jobs, not fit to wear the shirt etc, wanting their gaffer (whom apparently has a very very good relationship with most of the team) sacked and folk saying we’ve lost and slating the team before a ball is even kicked. That will definitely have some effect on them and it’s not good in the run up to a cup final. 

3 minutes ago, JI TEES said:

Yeah because they listen to us fans ? if they did then the manager would be long gone. Nothing about shouting louder it's genuine for the club I love. Torture to watch and endure.. disagree??

I can guarantee you 100% the club listen to the fans. Sometimes a lot closer than you would believe.

5 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Shall we look at things objectively lads? I'm not giving an argument for or against btw......

Cancelling FoH pledges is short sighted and daft. People of course have the right to do so and I have the right to disagree.

He ain't going anywhere before the Cup Final so no point screaming at the clouds to demand that.

He has already been trusted with at least part of the budget for next season. Whyte, Walker ( almost definitely) and Halkett. Does that mean he will definitely be here next season? Nobody knows apart from I would suspect two people.

Would it help if the club signalled or told us his intentions before the final if he is actually going to leave? Might help the fans but it probably won't help the players, unless they already know and who the replacement is going to be.

Few things could be added to that but not on the public board. 

But ??????

4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Notts I look out for your stuff but what does this mean? Obvs not going before the cup final but there is no chance we are winning this... So I take it sacked after the embarrassment?

5 minutes ago, JI TEES said:

Right now couldnt care less i will 25th and after again im enjoying the lull and the fact its not torture hasnt been since last saturday even then it wasnt much torture after the Hibs game was a draw league was done. The shouting louder is fans on here. It really is a case of my dicks bigger than yours therefore my points better

6 minutes ago, JI TEES said:

Gobble de gooc

Not really there is a full spectrum of opions between gtf everything in life is his fault and stay the big picture is great and i think he can sort the first team. Its very layered aswell

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I can guarantee you 100% the club listen to the fans. Sometimes a lot closer than you would believe.

Spot on my friend spot on

2 minutes ago, JI TEES said:

Notts I look out for your stuff but what does this mean? Obvs not going before the cup final but there is no chance we are winning this... So I take it sacked after the embarrassment?

?

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic