Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Not really there is a full spectrum of opions between gtf everything in life is his fault and stay the big picture is great and i think he can sort the first team. Its very layered aswell

Spot on my friend spot on

?

,???

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

1 minute ago, JI TEES said:

Notts I look out for your stuff but what does this mean? Obvs not going before the cup final but there is no chance we are winning this... So I take it sacked after the embarrassment?

Mate. I know absolutely nothing about what may or not be happening next season with Levein.

I have merely asked a few questions on the board that I have asked myself over the past few weeks. I think they are all fairly legitimate questions about what is happening now and what might happen in the future.

I have never got drawn into the Levein good / bad argument as the answer, as with most things is usually somewhere in between.

I think my key point is that we have probably reached a tipping point with the core of the support. Difficult to come back from that.

Just now, sadj said:

Personal abuse eh the last stronghold of a person with no valid position

Personal abuse?? ?? Explain

,???

No point entertaining you anymore

Just now, Notts1874 said:

Mate. I know absolutely nothing about what may or not be happening next season with Levein.

I have merely asked a few questions on the board that I have asked myself over the past few weeks. I think they are all fairly legitimate questions about what is happening now and what might happen in the future.

I have never got drawn into the Levein good / bad argument as the answer, as with most things is usually somewhere in between.

I think my key point is that we have probably reached a tipping point with the core of the support. Difficult to come back from that.

If you aren’t shouting you are against , you have to be ? for. 

Another season behind Hibs, but more worrying I don't see any shoots of recovery on the horizon for next year. Halkett is a decent addition but creative footballers are next to non existent in this squad. 

Just now, JI TEES said:

Personal abuse?? ?? Explain

Nope , im done with replying to you as I just explained. 

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Fair, clear and concise no issues with that at all. Like I say I look out for your info?

Just now, JackLadd said:

Another season behind Hibs, but more worrying I don't see any shoots of recovery on the horizon for next year. Halkett is a decent addition but creative footballers are next to non existent in this squad. 

Yh they are , the feeling of no shoots is symptomatic of almost all fans positions. Most felt this season wouldnt be average and a slight improvement on last and next season would be a step forward its hard to see that coming to fruition just now.

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

We may well get spanked. Its happened before and it will happen again but we might , just might win?

Really, really hope so? happily take a beating from sadj if it meant a cup win?

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Yh they are , the feeling of no shoots is symptomatic of almost all fans positions. Most felt this season wouldnt be average and a slight improvement on last and next season would be a step forward its hard to see that coming to fruition just now.

Has any progress actually been made since promotion? I don't see it. HIbs went back the way this year but I see some shoots for them with the new guy. Lennon had lost it just like Levein has. 

3 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Has any progress actually been made since promotion? I don't see it. HIbs went back the way this year but I see some shoots for them with the new guy. Lennon had lost it just like Levein has. 

I think off the field yes but mistakes have been made. Off the field and onfield below first team yes but first team wise no 

Just now, JI TEES said:

Really, really hope so? happily take a beating from sadj if it meant a cup win?

Mate you really wouldn't want that beating trust me????.

My take on it. No problem with folk having a pop at Levein for footballing matters but the personal stuff that has been trotted out on here is out of order.

Ann isn't daft and despite what is said on here and other places she doesn't have a blind spot for Levein....or any other employee I would think.

9 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

My take on it. No problem with folk having a pop at Levein for footballing matters but the personal stuff that has been trotted out on here is out of order.

Ann isn't daft and despite what is said on here and other places she doesn't have a blind spot for Levein....or any other employee I would think.

Metaphorically not physically ??  no fear here haha no personal stuff from me like I say love Levein as a Hearts man but clueless in the modern game anyone with a little bit of knowledge can see that

Metaphorically not physically ??  no fear here haha no personal stuff from me like I say love Levein as a Hearts man but clueless in the modern game anyone with a little bit of knowledge can see that

Again im going to play devils advocate. Is Scottish football modern? Do you need to overthink things? Plus he has overseen the rebuilding of everything behind the scenes on the football side.

Just now, Notts1874 said:

Again im going to play devils advocate. Is Scottish football modern? Do you need to overthink things? Plus he has overseen the rebuilding of everything behind the scenes on the football side.

Evidence of this?? Apparently we need to wait another 5 YEARS for Cochrane and co to come through.. In the meantime Olly Lee, wighton, Djoum, Brandon, godinho. No overthinking it's basics...lump the ball forward... 2nd balls, yawn, yawn

Anyone that currently watches hearts week in, week out can see we are terrible... unacceptable and action needs to be taken. I would keep...zlamal, Smith, Berra (just) Souttar, Haring, Naismith, Uche.... Other than that .. **** knows. All pish.. harsh but true

2 minutes ago, JI TEES said:

Evidence of this?? Apparently we need to wait another 5 YEARS for Cochrane and co to come through.. In the meantime Olly Lee, wighton, Djoum, Brandon, godinho. No overthinking it's basics...lump the ball forward... 2nd balls, yawn, yawn

Cochrane played tonight didn't he? Smith came on as did the left back. The academy was basically non existent. It's now one of the best in the country and will only get better.

Pick another stick to beat him with. There are plenty.

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Cochrane played tonight didn't he? Smith came on as did the left back. The academy was basically non existent. It's now one of the best in the country and will only get better.

Come on.. Played twice this season and wasn't exactly a stand out was he?? No stick beating just no maroon blinkers on. 

Motherwell have better youngsters than us yes or no?? Can't wait for the answer to this

13 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Come on.  It really isnt

Ian Cathro: P30 W8 D7 L15
Levein (last 30 in league): P30 W9 D6 L15

All the happy clappers care to defend that ?

Ill renew but I likely won’t be at the games for long if this parasite is in charge. He’s just about beating Cathro in being the worst in our history.

a dinosaur and tactically disgraceful in this era. Have the final Levein then do the right thing for Christ’s sake. Your almost as embarrassing as Cathro now , and let’s not forget he was your fek up as well.

Edited by 1971fozzy

What are the pro-Levein lads seeing that I don't?

A genuine, not having a pop, question.

21 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

The academy was basically non existent. It's now one of the best in the country and will only get better.

The only “academy” player to start more than 5 games this season graduated from the academy 16 years ago. 

1 hour ago, sadj said:

But but but id rather shout loudly now than support the team through the final , it was the same before Partick get him to **** or we are out , Caley get him to **** or we are out. Strength of draw is irrelevant one off game yet we are there. Some people have a good idea of the thought process of the club over the next few months and likely 15months. But others dont listen and just keep shouting louder.

people try n get positive threads going and they along with every other thread becomes gtf Levein ???

Not sure why you read this thread , let alone post in it if your a fan of his ???

Also , Ann for feks sake do NOT give the job to McPhee or Daly for gods sake. They are as culpable as your golden boy. Clean sweep on May 26th of all the shite that manage and (apparently) coach

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Not sure why you read this thread , let alone post in it if your a fan of his ???

You are ???

Where in that post have I given a position on either side of the fence? I didn’t , simple as that

Edited by sadj

57 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Also , Ann for feks sake do NOT give the job to McPhee or Daly for gods sake. They are as culpable as your golden boy. Clean sweep on May 26th of all the shite that manage and (apparently) coach

Golden Boy is a pathetic comment

McPhee will not be the next manager unless something changes

Daly ????? and again ?

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Daly ????? and again ?

Good. Then a root and branch clear out will occur.

siegementality
3 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Shall we look at things objectively lads? I'm not giving an argument for or against btw......

Cancelling FoH pledges is short sighted and daft. People of course have the right to do so and I have the right to disagree.

He ain't going anywhere before the Cup Final so no point screaming at the clouds to demand that.

He has already been trusted with at least part of the budget for next season. Whyte, Walker ( almost definitely) and Halkett. Does that mean he will definitely be here next season? Nobody knows apart from I would suspect two people.

Is it good enough at the moment? **** no.

Would it help if the club signalled or told us his intentions before the final if he is actually going to leave? Might help the fans but it probably won't help the players, unless they already know and who the replacement is going to be.

Is McPhee filling his head with mince? Almost certainly.

Can he win back the fans. Nope but he might be stubborn enough to think he can.

How is this?

Geoff Kilpatrick
22 minutes ago, siegementality said:

How is this?

Feck knows but we should be thankful MacPhee has novel ideas for set pieces. We'd never score otherwise!

Forever Hearts
3 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

?

2 hours ago, sadj said:

Daly ????? and again ?

I dread to think who she would employ. Clearly not being a meritocracy and very much an 'equal' opportunities employer the best 'man' for the job need not apply. It will be the 'person' who looks the part.

We wasted about 3 months after boy wonder got sacked in the recruitment process. Her and Levein knew fine well they were just going through the motions to be seen to be doing it the 'right' way when all along they knew what was coming.

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

I dread to think who she would employ. Clearly not being a meritocracy and very much an 'equal' opportunities employer the best 'man' for the job need not apply. It will be the 'person' who looks the part.

We wasted about 3 months after boy wonder got sacked in the recruitment process. Her and Levein knew fine well they were just going through the motions to be seen to be doing it the 'right' way when all along they knew what was coming.

She'll probably employ a woman to show how forward thinking and diverse she is when it comes to football in 21st century. 

5 hours ago, JI TEES said:

Anyone that currently watches hearts week in, week out can see we are terrible... unacceptable and action needs to be taken. I would keep...zlamal, Smith, Berra (just) Souttar, Haring, Naismith, Uche.... Other than that .. **** knows. All pish.. harsh but true

Spot on. Wondering if the time has come where the fans collectively need to take action to force change if Queen Ann won't show some backbone and make changes 

Bull's-eye

veruca-salt.gif.49b866dfd7e84820500ee90842b2163f.gifcrybaby.jpg.eda4a382af45dba4d91cb2c407173fe5.jpg

The only pleasure gleaned after a defeat is a wee deek at JKB. 

200.gif.0da3a19b96bf41e0ade090eaca788426.gif

pettigrewsstylist
5 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Genuinley...what are the markers for successful academy?

Im thinking

First team regulars -say min 100 app.

Transfer income

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

She'll probably employ a woman to show how forward thinking and diverse she is when it comes to football in 21st century. 

Shelley Kerr couldn’t be any worse.

8 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Shelley Kerr should be first choice when it comes to a new manager getting Scotland to a World Cup is some achievement and playing good football.

Do you have a problem with woman running football clubs? 

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, Crete said:

Shelley Kerr should be first choice when it comes to a new manager getting Scotland to a World Cup is some achievement and playing good football.

Only when they make a complete arse of it. 

Independence
9 hours ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

I would imagine most fans will continue paying until Budge is paid back. If we are still in this mess with Levein calling the shots after that then that's when a drop off of FOH subs might happen.

FOH subs are for life..no ifs...no buts!!!! The club is bigger than any one person and is for our children, grandchildren!! Short term thinking is meaningless.

My only hope for the cup final is the occasion makes the players try win second balls. If not it’ll be a rout.

So many coaches in the setup yet the players doing the basics seem so far away.

Levein’s chapter is almost complete. A cup final to go, then a new chapter with new faces next season.

Only plus to slow ST sales is I want to move seats so hopefully have a lot of choice come end of this month :D

Independence
21 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

OMG social media at its worse!!!!

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Has Ann Budge made a complete arse of running us?

Finlay James
7 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Just as well Ann isn't making an arse of Hearts then isn't it.  Seriously, if you think you could do better, what would you do?

Mr Kipling

Levein has done an excellent job of facilitating terrible football at Heart of Midlothian over several months; the football is utterly dire to watch - it makes me wonder what on earth these professional football players do in training. Anything but football by the looks of things.

Herein lies my point. I appreciate that the buck has to stop with Levein, but very little has been said of his generals i.e. Macphee and Daly etc. I read somewhere that the majority of training is overseen by these two etc, therefore all three etc have to be accountable. 

It's an obvious point but Macphee was also Cathro's right hand man and to this day we are still playing terrible football. If Levein goes (and it is a big IF) I really hope the rest follow and Budge scraps her sacred "Succession Plan". We are doing tremendously well off the field, it's now time to replicate that success on the field with wholesale management changes.

14 minutes ago, Crete said:

No man on the planet would get the Hearts job with her CV.  Wait, she has been coaching the Brownies her entire career and you think she is ready to tackle the big bad world of the SPL as her first gig into managing in the 'real world'. 

Who are you trying to impress with bollocks like that? Who in a mind of sanity would NOT have a problem with a woman being next Hearts manager? She barely knows the laws of the jungle, she would get utterly destroyed then no doubt play the sex card after it ends in tears.

Edited by i8hibsh

Central Belt 1874
6 minutes ago, Independence said:

FOH subs are for life..no ifs...no buts!!!! The club is bigger than any one person and is for our children, grandchildren!! Short term thinking is meaningless.

I agree with what your saying, that's my take too. However, if fans feel that withdrawing financial support will make the board sit up and listen then that is their choice. I wont have a go at them for that.

There are many fans who, after the cup final and season has finished, need to take the maroon tinted glasses off and step back and analyse the state of the club at the moment. It's not good. 

Forever Hearts
9 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Has Ann Budge made a complete arse of running us?

By sticking by Levein and giving a serial loser full control of the footballing department? Yes, she has made a complete arse of that. And the main stand build didn't exactly go smoothly. She's done many good things though and for that I applaud her. 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic