Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

14 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Think folk like me are trying to see a positive, but yesterday that goal we lost was lazy defending, how no 3 wears a maroon jersey is beyond me.

Seen milk turning quicker, back to england please

Let's face it they could have been about three or four up by the time they scored and ayone who said they didn't deserve it is kidding themselves on.

That's what Levein is doing every week kidding us all on, the guy is a total imposter and should be nowhere near our club, legend my arse.

The only positive for me is that hopefully he is edging his way to the exit with each pathetic performance and even the great book of excuses is starting to wear thin.

He is actually just lying about our performances now instead of trying to find excuses.

Quote from him on the HMFC website.

I don’t know if that little bit extra they’ve got to play for had an impact or not, but I said to the players afterwards that I couldn’t say they were better than us or vice-versa, it came down to one goal and they got it.”

He said that our players were playing for a cup final place so is that not enought to spur them on? It looked to me like most of them were hoping not to be in the cup final team probably because they don't want to be on the end of a humping.

Edited by wavydavy

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Harry Potter
8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Let's face it they could have been about three or four up by the time they scored and ayone who said they didn't deserve it is kidding themselves on.

That's what Levein is doing every week kidding us all on, the guy is a total imposter and should be nowhere near our club, legend my arse.

The only positive for me is that hopefully he is edging his way to the exit with each pathetic performance and even the great book of excuses is starting to wear thin.

He is actually just lying about our performances now instead of trying to find excuses.

Quote from him on the HMFC website.

I don’t know if that little bit extra they’ve got to play for had an impact or not, but I said to the players afterwards that I couldn’t say they were better than us or vice-versa, it came down to one goal and they got it.”

He said that our players were playing for a cup final place so is that not enought to spur them on? It looked to me like most of them were hoping not to be in the cup final team probably because they don't want to be on the end of a humping.

Hate picking on players Davy, but its soul destroying watching folk picking up 3000 a week, maybe, but at least try, that hurts me as a player that 

still has a stud mark on his knee, 

Don't particularly blame Levein for all of it as John Murray is well past his sell by date, he is culpable over Vanechek signing it was his call.

Just now, Harry Potter said:

Hate picking on players Davy, but its soul destroying watching folk picking up 3000 a week, maybe, but at least try, that hurts me as a player that 

still has a stud mark on his knee, 

I don't think it's all down to the players though. They look downbeat and have no game plan and have certainly lost any motivation they had early in the season.

They just don't believe in their part time manager it's as simple as that. Whether he likes it or not the blame lies firmly at the door of CL and his coaches.

Player do what they are asked to do and if they don't then they are not in the squad. Levein's problem is that he doesn't know what his best team is injuries aside and he hasn't got a clue tactically and that rubs off onto the players.

A new coach who knows what he is doing could get those players fired up and playing to a proper game plan with a plan b if things are not working. Levein can't do that.

3 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Don't particularly blame Levein for all of it as John Murray is well past his sell by date, he is culpable over Vanechek signing it was his call.

John Murray scouts the type of players his DOF wants him to find. The DOF/Coach ultimately makes the final decision on who to sign, Murray just tries to find them.

Are you seriously saying that Levein signed Vanacek on the basis of John MUrray saying so? 

Edited by wavydavy

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

I don't think it's all down to the players though. They look downbeat and have no game plan and have certainly lost any motivation they had early in the season.

They just don't believe in their part time manager it's as simple as that. Whether he likes it or not the blame lies firmly at the door of CL and his coaches.

Player do what they are asked to do and if they don't then they are not in the squad. Levein's problem is that he doesn't know what his best team is injuries aside and he hasn't got a clue tactically and that rubs off onto the players.

A new coach who knows what he is doing could get those players fired up and playing to a proper game plan with a plan b if things are not working. Levein can't do that.

Sorry bud , i would have put 150%  in to my game playing for the maroon jersey, tbf i was never good enough, but hear what u are saying, time for change, maybe.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

John Murray scouts the type of players his DOF wants him to find. The DOF/Coach ultimately makes the final decision on who to sign, Murray just tries to find them.

Are you seriously saying that Levein signed Vanacek on the basis of John MUrray saying so? 

What do you think?

Who decided?

Sorry bud , i would have put 150%  in to my game playing for the maroon jersey, tbf i was never good enough, but hear what u are saying, time for change, maybe.

Edwards put in 100% effort and so did Mulraney and Mclean but if you don't have a game plan that is working then you are chasing shadows.

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

What do you think?

Who decided?

I think that CL wanted to sign a big forward to replace Lafferty and that Vanacek was the player that was found.

I also believe that CL signed the player and that the responsibilty lies totally at his door.

When do you ever hear of a Scout signing a player without the authority of the DOF/Coach/Owner etc?

What do you think as if you are not going to tell me.?

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 hours ago, The Merse said:

Yep, it’s the fans fault. :rofl:

Robbie was likely heading for a job offer from down south at the end of that season anyway. We would still have likely got Cathro  following on anyway imho!

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I think that CL wanted to sign a big forward to replace Lafferty and that Vanacek was the player that was found.

I also believe that CL signed the player and that the responsibilty lies totally at his door.

When do you ever hear of a Scout signing a player without the authority of the DOF/Coach/Owner etc?

What do you think as if you are not going to tell me.?

Normally the Scout scouts and makes recommendations based on what he has seen.  I don't think ANY scout actually signs a player.

Of course, the responsibility ultimately lies at the manager's/owner's door.  Is that a light bulb moment for you?

Personally, I believe I too would have signed DV but that would have been based on my lack of foreknowledge as well as a quick gander at YouTube.  I am tempted now to believe that that particular YouTube must have been speeded up or it was the only half a dozen instances DV ever excelled.

13 hours ago, sadj said:

Sure the Merchie hasn’t sold you one too many of these tonight Mitch? Or you punchdrunk from the riots on Gorgie Road?

4B6EC2C9-F503-409E-B62A-63252F6E4C4B.jpeg

??

13 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

? once again you give an opinion without any facts ...... or knowledge ..... or demonstrable intelligence....

Your still a doughnut. 

50 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Normally the Scout scouts and makes recommendations based on what he has seen.  I don't think ANY scout actually signs a player.

Of course, the responsibility ultimately lies at the manager's/owner's door.  Is that a light bulb moment for you?

Personally, I believe I too would have signed DV but that would have been based on my lack of foreknowledge as well as a quick gander at YouTube.  I am tempted now to believe that that particular YouTube must have been speeded up or it was the only half a dozen instances DV ever excelled.

So when a reply comes back to you that you find hard to disagree with you have to resort to the smart comments such as the lightbulb moment.

What's wrong with just saying yes I agree with you. I really don't know what to think about Vanacek yet because the guy has not been given a proper chance.

To say that he was not fit after having seen him for a wek at the Spanish training camp and then start him in the first game and take him off too stinging criticism is in my opinion very poor management.

When Ann Budge even comments about his lack of man management skills in this instance then it must be bad for her to say something.

Oh and before you ask for the proof of her comment can I suggest you just use the internet to find it for yourself. 

Levein and his Bootroom have turned Tynecastle into a Morgue.

A place where Hearts fans go to watch the demise of a once great team who won the Championship in a canter and were full of ambition to take on the best in Scotland alas this was not to be as Neilson got fed up and left, Cathro failed miserably followed by Levein who has carried on the demise of our team and pig headed attitude that Nero had as Rome burned.

If Levein loved Hearts so much he would leave taking his pals with him.

Unfortunately we are all in Ann Budges hands because she has all the power to remedy the situation but stays quiet on the whole sorry mess Levein has been responsible for creating.

siegementality
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Unbelievable!!! ??? Your defence of Levein is turning you into a laughing stock. ???

Edited by siegementality

8 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Levein and his Bootroom have turned Tynecastle into a Morgue.

A place where Hearts fans go to watch the demise of a once great team who won the Championship in a canter and were full of ambition to take on the best in Scotland alas this was not to be as Neilson got fed up and left, Cathro failed miserably followed by Levein who has carried on the demise of our team and pig headed attitude that Nero had as Rome burned.

If Levein loved Hearts so much he would leave taking his pals with him.

Unfortunately we are all in Ann Budges hands because she has all the power to remedy the situation but stays quiet on the whole sorry mess Levein has been responsible for creating.

This 

rick witter
Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Edited by rick witter

My info is Murray 100% takes blame for that one, Levein trusting his judgement is the problem, he has had too much power for too long.

Just now, Lfhearts said:

My info is Murray 100% takes blame for that one, Levein trusting his judgement is the problem, he has had too much power for too long.

They all need cleared out.

Fozzyonthefence

I see Queen of the South have just sacked Gary Naysmith, even though they still have the relegation play offs to go.  Obviously they feel they have a better chance of staying up with a new manager.  Are you watching Ann?

jambopilms

Long shot. Leveins health scare has made him calm down and this has transferred I to the team

Geoff Kilpatrick
13 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I see Queen of the South have just sacked Gary Naysmith, even though they still have the relegation play offs to go.  Obviously they feel they have a better chance of staying up with a new manager.  Are you watching Ann?

So who would you appoint for the final then?

PS I think QoS sacking Naysmith now is filled with all sorts of risk.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Well admittedly it should be a lot easier for QotS to stay up than us to win the cup but their board obviously feel they need the lift of a new manager bounce.

We would have to have someone in mind and ready to take over rather than just Daly or MacPhee as interim manager, so probably makes it a nonstarter.

It’s not my job and I don’t have the insider knowledge of who’s all available and within our price range, contacts in Europe, etc but maybe it is time for another try with a foreign coach or a young, ambitious one from England. There must be plenty David Wagners out there.  We’ll likely have to wait at least until next season though.

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

So when a reply comes back to you that you find hard to disagree with you have to resort to the smart comments such as the lightbulb moment.

What's wrong with just saying yes I agree with you. I really don't know what to think about Vanacek yet because the guy has not been given a proper chance.

To say that he was not fit after having seen him for a wek at the Spanish training camp and then start him in the first game and take him off too stinging criticism is in my opinion very poor management.

When Ann Budge even comments about his lack of man management skills in this instance then it must be bad for her to say something.

Oh and before you ask for the proof of her comment can I suggest you just use the internet to find it for yourself. 

OK. sorry for that but your comment was rather stating the obvious.

Where did AB comment about management skill and what did she say?

58 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Unbelievable!!! ??? Your defence of Levein is turning you into a laughing stock. ???

I didn't think I was defending CL.

I thought I was making a comment on DV and/or Murray.

You are the laughing stock with your obsession about CL.  It must be having an effect on your outside life.  Take a break.

siegementality
11 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I didn't think I was defending CL.

I thought I was making a comment on DV and/or Murray.

You are the laughing stock with your obsession about CL.  It must be having an effect on your outside life.  Take a break.

Thanks for your concern but I’m fine. You obviously don’t do irony! ??

Edited by siegementality

30 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Cannot see anyone being appointed for the final...and even though I desperately want a change of Manager, I still think Craig deserves the chance to win a trophy with us (which he must dream about)...even if it means we don’t win the cup with him in charge.

Due to his years of service, the fact he loves the club...the very least we can do is give him that chance to bow out of Management winning the cup (or at least trying to).

54 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

OK. sorry for that but your comment was rather stating the obvious.

Where did AB comment about management skill and what did she say?

See my last sentence and apology accepted. I was commenting on a post by someone else which is perhaps why it seemed that way.

The Real Maroonblood
45 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Cannot see anyone being appointed for the final...and even though I desperately want a change of Manager, I still think Craig deserves the chance to win a trophy with us (which he must dream about)...even if it means we don’t win the cup with him in charge.

Due to his years of service, the fact he loves the club...the very least we can do is give him that chance to bow out of Management winning the cup (or at least trying to).

If he loves the club that much he should do the honourable thing and resign.

4 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

If he loves the club that much he should do the honourable thing and resign.

How do you know he hasn’t already...and is going after the cup final?

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Deviskan said:

I hope so.

1 hour ago, siegementality said:

Thanks for your concern but I’m fine. You obviously don’t do irony! ??

Obviously not. 

Your thanks for my concern are much appreciated.

1 hour ago, Deviskan said:

We all love the club but that isn't a good reason to employ someone who is out of their depth and can't put a team together that not only plays as a unit to the players strengthens but is an attractive attacking team that gets the fans proud so they get behind the team vocally.

indianajones
6 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Bit harsh, u want the job, lol, i know one thing some players need to speed up, No3 yesterday is one.

How i never made it as a pro is beyond me, least i tried 120%

Nah its not harsh. We are crumbling at the seams with this guy and his posse in charge. 

Really don't care who he is and what he's done in the past. It's not good enough so sentiments shouldn't matter. 

Harry Potter
16 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Nah its not harsh. We are crumbling at the seams with this guy and his posse in charge. 

Really don't care who he is and what he's done in the past. It's not good enough so sentiments shouldn't matter. 

Doubt u live in Edinburgh and feel real hearts love, up to u mate.

Not going to renew my season ticket just can’t watch the dross served up anymore 

The football tactics are totally horrendous 

Levein has to go along with the coaches it is not working 

We need a coach that plays the game the right way not this negative rubbish 

3 hours ago, Deviskan said:

We would have a better chance of winning it if he went now and it would boost season ticket sales.

Harry Potter
2 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Not going to renew my season ticket just can’t watch the dross served up anymore 

2 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Your choice bud, tbh, love the banter in section N, so will get mine, better than hoovering, lol

Your choice bud, tbh, love the banter in section N, so will get mine, better than hoovering, lol

Hoovering is therapeutic 

sure it will be better next season one way or another but the man is destroying us 

Harry Potter
3 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Hoovering is therapeutic 

sure it will be better next season one way or another but the man is destroying us 

Win the cup and hes god mate, big ask , heres hoping

not in to ripping him, too negative.

9 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

We would have a better chance of winning it if he went now and it would boost season ticket sales.

It’s not going to happen though is it...He will get the chance to win the cup final and then go in my opinion (even if he wins the cup).

1 hour ago, Deviskan said:

It’s not going to happen though is it...He will get the chance to win the cup final and then go in my opinion (even if he wins the cup).

Hope he just goes and the sooner the better.

1971fozzy
42 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Hope he just goes and the sooner the better.

And takes the 3 amigo sidekicks with him. Absolutely clueless and it borders on slapstick comedy watching them on the touchline from my seat with their clipboard mini conferences. Seem to have no plan B , and the fact even the likes of Dundee have figured out how to combat their plan A is not going to get any better next season.

sooner all go the better. Hopefully with a cup win mind

18 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

And takes the 3 amigo sidekicks with him. Absolutely clueless and it borders on slapstick comedy watching them on the touchline from my seat with their clipboard mini conferences. Seem to have no plan B , and the fact even the likes of Dundee have figured out how to combat their plan A is not going to get any better next season.

sooner all go the better. Hopefully with a cup win mind

:thumbs_up:

davemclaren
2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I can’t think of any manager sacked or resigned two weeks before a cup final. ??‍♂️

Jambof3tornado

He's not going to walk away prior to the cup final.

I would love him to ease the pressure by announcing before then that he intends standing down after it.

JamboGraham
4 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

He's not going to walk away prior to the cup final.

I would love him to ease the pressure by announcing before then that he intends standing down after it.

I agree, no way is he walking before the final.

You could conclude that there is no pressure now...the league is done, he won’t have to face more than a few hundred Hearts supporters at Aberdeen and probably a tiny amount at Parkhead in a game that no Hearts player or supporter is going to care less about.

He then gets a free hit at Hampden for a trophy, backed by 20k+ supporters in a game that pretty much everyone expects us to lose anyway...

After that he, and the club, have time to reflect and make a decision.

Scousejambo

CL will go when he wants to, it’s a closed shop, me personally would never let him over the forth ever again let alone @  Tynie , I’d give Andy Kirk the job for the final but he won’t walk and is even less likely to get the sack, our club is a micro North Korea, anyone who speaks against CL or budge is out the door, look at the players who have gone who would walk into that team, I think CL has also been receiving bungs for some of these signings and not just this season, 2 years ago we couldn’t even beat a Maltese team of plumbers and waiters , hmmm ,strange goings on. This was all planned he knew nobody in their right mind would be the manager under him as DOF so self appointed. The only chance we have is if he decides to go upstairs and gives the job naisy, he at least would be able to attract some decent players he would probably get some decent heads like Charlie Adam and Darren fletcher in, get Craig Gordon back, lee Wallace, Holt, Walker, but clutching at straws , in an ideal world I’d have the 2 brothers who are at Lincoln city and CL and his bird would be out , reality is this will go on until the foundation take over and the people on the board need to be a mix of ex hearts players proper hearts men like McKay, crabbe, Locke, Preston, Robertson, JJ , that’s the definition of a hearts man, not a fifer who only stayed because he got injured ,btw he was off to Liverpool before the first injury, and if we’re being brutal let’s blame him for 86 as he spread the flu through the team, along with awful goalkeeping by Henry ****ing drop the ball smith.

Edited by Scousejambo

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Scousejambo said:

CL will go when he wants to, it’s a closed shop, me personally would never let him over the forth ever again let alone @  Tynie , I’d give Andy Kirk the job for the final but he won’t walk and is even less likely to get the sack, our club is a micro North Korea, anyone who speaks against CL or budge is out the door, look at the players who have gone who would walk into that team, I think CL has also been receiving bungs for some of these signings and not just this season, 2 years ago we couldn’t even beat a Maltese team of plumbers and waiters , hmmm ,strange goings on. This was all planned he knew nobody in their right mind would be the manager under him as DOF so self appointed. The only chance we have is if he decides to go upstairs and gives the job naisy, he at least would be able to attract some decent players he would probably get some decent heads like Charlie Adam and Darren fletcher in, get Craig Gordon back, lee Wallace, Holt, Walker, but clutching at straws , in an ideal world I’d have the 2 brothers who are at Lincoln city and CL and his bird would be out , reality is this will go on until the foundation take over and the people on the board need to be a mix of ex hearts players proper hearts men like McKay, crabbe, Locke, Preston, Robertson, JJ , that’s the definition of a hearts man, not a fifer who only stayed because he got injured ,btw he was off to Liverpool before the first injury, and if we’re being brutal let’s blame him for 86 as he spread the flu through the team, along with Henry ****ing drop the ball smith.

:cornette:

There's a regular in The Shed who possesses tinfoil. I suggest you consult him to make a hat.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic