Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

Stephane Grappelli
8 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

That you can only say good things about the manager,  coaches and players. Those are the rules and everyone must abide by them.

Cheers! I'll abide by them in future.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

38 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Nothing is going to change.levein will be manager next season, we will sign average players in summer and we will be dire again next season. 

I'd put money on this, we will continue to stutter on until he decides he's ready to retire. It's sad but that's what we are now, it's been said by many but I genuinely think he's got the safest job in football.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

3 weeks today topic will be relevant 

Stephen Muddie
41 minutes ago, munro9 said:

Budge did indeed save the club but her mismanagement is alienating the support and is in danger of tearing the heart out of the club! When else in our history, and there has been some dark times have people been apparently unable to get motivated by a Scottish Cup Final.

Bit Dramatic but I'm more inclined to agree than not. Struggling to get up for the final myself.

40 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Hearts need to announce that he is going at the end of the season to give the supporters a lift before the final.

This. Perhaps the main hope of the support being right behind the team on the day is this.

30 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

It's all a bit tiring now. 

We'll have to wait until the season is over and the cup final is done, then we can see what's happening, if anything. 

Tonight is a night for a good curry and a few beers. 

Indeed it is. I don’t know why anyone thinks we will sack Levein before a cup final. There is a complete apathy and disconnect but it’ll disappear for the large part pre cup final then everyone can do what Hearts fans do best be batshit mental after it win or lose. Def a curry night , diet coke for me though ? 

22 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

That you can only say good things about the manager,  coaches and players. Those are the rules and everyone must abide by them.

Nope , It was the behind the Wheatfield rules I was referring to. That is a seriously misguided take on people on here’s opinion. Not sure anyone has that position. 

Unless that wasn’t me that was aimed at in which case....

BOBTHEBRUCE
4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Indeed it is. I don’t know why anyone thinks we will sack Levein before a cup final. There is a complete apathy and disconnect but it’ll disappear for the large part pre cup final then everyone can do what Hearts fans do best be batshit mental after it win or lose. Def a curry night , diet coke for me though ? 

Once Ann get's on the sauce and decides it's time for a complete clear out of all the staff, i'll be able to chill out and move on to the diet coke. 

57 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Hearts need to announce that he is going at the end of the season to give the supporters a lift before the final.

It is actually quite scary, we have reached a cup final, yet failed to sell out a Derby, allegedly just hit 5,000 on season tickets sales, had about 300 fans stayed behind to applaud the players in the last home game before the final.

Surely the alarm bells are ringing very very loudly in the boardroom.

The fans need a lift before the final.

If he stays, we’re going to start the new season with a large part of the support on a downer. If we’re winning people will accept it, if we’re not itll be even worse than this season. 

31 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Looking forward to him ****ing up the final

That's a very strange thing to say for a Heart of Midlothian supporter. 

1 hour ago, dustybin said:

So is he not allowed to submit a post of his own irrespective? 

It would seem not!

Edited by Thomaso

innerjambo
5 minutes ago, Gambo said:

It is actually quite scary, we have reached a cup final, yet failed to sell out a Derby, allegedly just hit 5,000 on season tickets sales, had about 300 fans stayed behind to applaud the players in the last home game before the final.

No, everything is fine, everything is fine, we're going in the right direction, the fans just need more patience. 

:Shoosh:

Enzo Chiefo
7 minutes ago, Gambo said:

The problem is that the Board comprises iirc AB, Levein, another woman with a finance background and a representative from FOH. It makes for poor governance and I don't think it was ever envisaged that the day would come when he had to be sacked. But that day has come and he will have to be removed one way or another. 

wattie exploited

so our football is rubbish in a big way to watch ,we have won 2 out the last 12 games and if we lose the next two games also would any other Hearts manager still be in a job ?

Really what has to happen to get rid of Levein we the supporters are putting in loads of money into hearts and the football that we are getting back is no where near good enough ,we don,t create hardly anything from open play today 2 shots if you could call than that which their keeper saved .We really deserve much better than what we are getting Cup final or not its good enough!!!!!!!!!!!

1874Gorgie1874

Not giving the club money is the only way budge will take notice 

On 23/02/2019 at 17:14, GavK1012 said:

I will continue to hand over my cash to the club as its in my DNA but now choose to spend my time away from watching us under Levein....its incredible how pitiful we are under him ?

Or Do what I've done and give you season ticket money to Big Hearts instead 

10 minutes ago, 1874Gorgie1874 said:

Not giving the club money is the only way budge will take notice 

Exactly its the only time she opens up a line of communication with fans 

-6 goal difference speaks volumes too, many goals we scored since we beat Dundee 3-0 before the semi against Celtic? Must be even more pathetic than our points haul.

he'll head back upstairs at the end of the season. I fear the cup final is going to be a blood bath. a new manager with Levein (starting to think Budge as well) still at the club is going to make no difference. the utter garbage the Hearts supporters have had to endure the last few season is a disgrace after everything they did for the club. all the good will and energy created from saving the club is all but washed down the shitter. what is it going to take? how bad do things have to get before we see the back of him?

5 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Or Do what I've done and give you season ticket money to Big Hearts instead 

I give my season ticket, x2, to Big Hearts when i cant make it or as is the case, when i cant face watching us under Levein...which is actually the majoirity of this season...I more than do my bit....

Shooter McGavin

Surely nobody can defend him now? 

We badly need a new manager after the cup final.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
42 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

That's a very strange thing to say for a Heart of Midlothian supporter. 

It’s called sarcasm. I’ve got my ticket, I’ll pay my money and we’ll get beat 3-0. Can’t wait.

1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

It’s not a matter of defending him. It’s the whole structure that seems to be stalling.

A question.....CL decides to move back upstairs and appoints AM and JD as coaches.....do you think that would placate the support ?

I don’t but I think it’s a reasonable prediction.

4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It’s called sarcasm. I’ve got my ticket, I’ll pay my money and we’ll get beat 3-0. Can’t wait.

After the last few weeks, let’s hope we can come out the final without being humiliated.

1 minute ago, Boab said:

It’s not a matter of defending him. It’s the whole structure that seems to be stalling.

A question.....CL decides to move back upstairs and appoints AM and JD as coaches.....do you think that would placate the support ?

I actually think it will placate the support, it shouldn't though. you are right, the whole structure is buggered.

Shooter McGavin
1 minute ago, Boab said:

I think if AM and JD were put in charge at the back of him then 80% of our fanbase would have a stroke

rick witter
11 minutes ago, PnG said:

he'll head back upstairs at the end of the season. I fear the cup final is going to be a blood bath. a new manager with Levein (starting to think Budge as well) still at the club is going to make no difference. the utter garbage the Hearts supporters have had to endure the last few season is a disgrace after everything they did for the club. all the good will and energy created from saving the club is all but washed down the shitter. what is it going to take? how bad do things have to get before we see the back of him?

Spot on 

Stephen Muddie
3 minutes ago, Boab said:

That's one of the worst things that could happen. He needs to go properly or we'll be stuck in this negative mindset. What exactly would there be to look forward to? 

Jambo-Jimbo
16 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

-6 goal difference speaks volumes too, many goals we scored since we beat Dundee 3-0 before the semi against Celtic? Must be even more pathetic than our points haul.

Up to and including the Dundee game above.

P 10

W 8

D 1

L 1

Goals For 19

Goals Against 7

From the Semi-Final game against Celtic.

P 26

W 7

D 5

L 14

Goals For 21

Goals Against 39

League games only.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

21 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Plane needed

Sure Deano is on here somewhere

Stephen Muddie
1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I think if AM and JD were put in charge at the back of him then 80% of our fanbase would have a stroke

Aye this. Just not good enough that option. We need him to go completely and a football manager put in place. Too long now, not good enough 

Stephen Muddie
1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

P 10

W 8

D 1

L 1

Goals For 19

Goals Against 7

P 26

W 7

D 5

L 14

Goals For 21

Goals Against 39

Says it all. Cheers Craig but gtf now

steven_mck

We have the spine of a solid team but lack real quality in all of the forward areas. Need at least 3/4 players.

Gigolo-Aunt

I know people change as they get older but the Levein of his first stint just would not stand for in a second the shite standards set by the players in the last 5 months or so.

7 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

P 10

W 8

D 1

L 1

Goals For 19

Goals Against 7

P 26

W 7

D 5

L 14

Goals For 21

Goals Against 39

League games only.

Abysmal.

Would be a very expensive process to take apart Levein's setup.  Compensation for him, his battery of poor coaches, the fitness guy who came from down south (west ham?), the people running the youth system who haven't produced a first choice player or a player to be sold in 5 seasons, the scouts for the terrible player recruitment etc.

Then you add what is a nearly full squad of poor players on contracts for next year.  How does a new manager move on these players?

Then you have the emotional turmoil for the owner who foolishly gave the keys to the football department to Levein.  Can Ann Budge bear to admit she was wrong?

39 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

so our football is rubbish in a big way to watch ,we have won 2 out the last 12 games and if we lose the next two games also would any other Hearts manager still be in a job ?

Really what has to happen to get rid of Levein we the supporters are putting in loads of money into hearts and the football that we are getting back is no where near good enough ,we don,t create hardly anything from open play today 2 shots if you could call than that which their keeper saved .We really deserve much better than what we are getting Cup final or not its good enough!!!!!!!!!!!

Spot on Wattie. It is absolutely mind boggling how Levein is still employed at our football club.

I would be staggered if there was another professional club in the world that would allow such incompetence from their manager without them being sacked. Incredible it really is!

13 minutes ago, PnG said:

I actually think it will placate the support, it shouldn't though. you are right, the whole structure is buggered.

13 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

12 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

That's one of the worst things that could happen. He needs to go properly or we'll be stuck in this negative mindset. What exactly would there be to look forward to? 

Thanks for the replies.

Personally, I think it would just keep things as they are and, boy, that needs to change.

4 minutes ago, Gigolo-Aunt said:

I know people change as they get older but the Levein of his first stint just would not stand for in a second the shite standards set by the players in the last 5 months or so.

Nope , but I’d imagine his health has to do with that. His demeanour this season has been far more laid back in public than I’ve ever seen him. Summer will bring what it brings. I think the coaching structure is a problem in that I think AM should be out of it and focussed solely on analysis , set pieces etc , JD i don’t rate and LF i’m not sure either way. Always looks laboured and not very intense and iv always been a you play how you train and a you embody the nature of your coaches type person. 

Gigolo-Aunt
Just now, sadj said:

Nope , but I’d imagine his health has to do with that. His demeanour this season has been far more laid back in public than I’ve ever seen him. Summer will bring what it brings. I think the coaching structure is a problem in that I think AM should be out of it and focussed solely on analysis , set pieces etc , JD i don’t rate and LF i’m not sure either way. Always looks laboured and not very intense and iv always been a you play how you train and a you embody the nature of your coaches type person. 

Agreed. I have concerns about the coaching set up as well.  Again,  the Levein of old would never just rock up later in the week.  He was all in.

Just now, Gigolo-Aunt said:

Agreed. I have concerns about the coaching set up as well.  Again,  the Levein of old would never just rock up later in the week.  He was all in.

Indeed , that imo is part of the issue its all fine and well sorting out the mess Cathro left (Im still in the Cathro was worth trying - his personality ballsed that not his ability as a coach) but now the ship is steadied you have to stop spreading yourself so thin. Both are full time jobs and can’t be successfully done part time. The man spends his life bleeding maroon no one can question that. Nor can anyone question rebuilding takes times from nothing to a good structure but there is a point where it starts to break down when you spread yourself to thin. I would imagine both AB and CL are aware of that , I just don’t think wanting a manager sacked prior to a cupfinal is remotely sensible. He is as capable as any other manager of getting a result against Celtic in a one off game. Let him have his moment then see what the summer brings. I would hope he will be all in for at least the two weeks prior to the game. Couldn’t care less if we lost 20-0 to Celtic last day of the season so after Aberdeen on Friday all thoughts of everything else should be off until after the 25th May 

steven_mck
37 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Players we sign in the close season may well define fan mood. If 3 or 4 real quality forward or wide players are brought in then this will help lift the optimism for next season.

gordiegords
35 minutes ago, Gigolo-Aunt said:

Was thinking that as i left the game today, no way the levein of old would be standing for this kind of apathy on the park but then again, his dull, boring and predictable interviews seems to be a reflection of the bigger picture, no way would the old levein say things like "i cant be too hard on them" etc etc.

He is a soft touch nowadays. dire.

One match report after another has been dismal now for 3 years or more.  A Cup final resulting from dream draws doesnt disguise that.

Ann Budge is now under severe pressure and deserves to be.  It's just nowhere near good enough.

1 hour ago, GavK1012 said:

I give my season ticket, x2, to Big Hearts when i cant make it or as is the case, when i cant face watching us under Levein...which is actually the majoirity of this season...I more than do my bit....

I'm no doubting you Gav at all mate 

For me still buying a season ticket and donating to someone else isn't effectively letting those in charge know that Levein and budge are driving me away from Hearts as they continue to bury their heads in the sand and think this will just go away somehow any other manager would have gone months ago 

The Gorgie
1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Someone with the username of one of our poorest players limb will come along and tell us everything is all great as we have more points than last season...

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic