Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

Geoff the Mince
1 hour ago, Artful Dodger said:

Nobody wised up to the fact that the only teams to really have done a number on us consistently are Rangers and Celtic.

That's the 2 teams in the league that are better than us, they're bigger, they have better players, more money etc etc etc.

Apart from the Livi aboration away we could have gained many more points, fine margins in most games, home and away. 

The season fell apart when it became rather obvious to everyone that the depth in our squad isn't quite what everybody on here imagined. Of course we're short of quality, that's the way it is. Howling at the moon every time we get shown up for being an average team in a very average league is pathetic.

I'll just keep enjoying watching Hearts and salivating at the countdown of a cup final while the Screwballs lose the plot after every game thankyou very much.

With Mr Levein in charge.????

:rudi:

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Inch Hearts
22 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Exactly. If he wasn't hounded out by the plane hiring fuds and the pishy bed sheet stained waverly brigade we'd be well on target.

Two years of excellent progress halted in it’s tracks. Hope they’re happy now. 

Well on target for what exactly? It’s been two years up utter guff and it’s always something or someone else’s fault. 

Forever Hearts

Heart of Midlothian, the only club in world football to suffer some injuries during a season. 

bajthejambo

The recent Aberdeen win is only time I've left Tynecastle satisfied since the last time we defeated Aberdeen.

2 hours ago, dustybin said:

But at least his side played with passion and attacking such as Suso Santana. 

He had Rudi and Sudo and Templeton for part of the season and we were shocking for most.

1 hour ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

How people can enjoy watching us playing is beyond me. 

Definition of happy clappers.

Exactly. It's brutal. How on earth they still defend the situation is beyond me. It's the same people who think Uche is a good footballer. 

3 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

Nobody wised up to the fact that the only teams to really have done a number on us consistently are Rangers and Celtic.

That's the 2 teams in the league that are better than us, they're bigger, they have better players, more money etc etc etc.

Apart from the Livi aboration away we could have gained many more points, fine margins in most games, home and away. 

The season fell apart when it became rather obvious to everyone that the depth in our squad isn't quite what everybody on here imagined. Of course we're short of quality, that's the way it is. Howling at the moon every time we get shown up for being an average team in a very average league is pathetic.

I'll just keep enjoying watching Hearts and salivating at the countdown of a cup final while the Screwballs lose the plot after every game thankyou very much.

I applaud you Uber fan 

The Real Maroonblood
6 hours ago, DH1986 said:

A heavy defeat on Sunday and he has to go.

We need someone who can lift the players to give us the best chance of winning the cup.

With CL and Co at the helm our chances look to be diminishing by the week.

I agree but cannot see it happen.

merseyjambo
2 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

Maybe the ‘Robbie oot’ brigade should’ve been careful what they wished for then. No style and no bottle though eh ?

2 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

Exactly. If he wasn't hounded out by the plane hiring fuds and the pishy bed sheet stained waverly brigade we'd be well on target.

How exactly was Robbie hounded out. He took a job opportunity that he believed was bigger than Hearts and took it. He was hardly hounded out.

What I will say about his style of football is that his first season in charge and first season in SPLwe played a decent brand of football for the most part but it was plain to see that there were games where instead of pressing on we went into defensive mode. The Hibs cup game being the prime example of where we went into a defensive shell and it cost us. Very CL type football. I guess it’s why he got the nickname Phoodle as it appeared he was CL’s little lapdog. 

6 hours ago, Robbo51 said:

I'd give MacPhee the job if no one new is coming in. The one part he's had a big involvement in is set pieces and they have actually been fairly successful. Let him have a go at implementing a style as well. He always seems to want the team moving forward quickly when he's on the bench on matchdays 

@Barack AM as head coach? Wouldn’t go down well with some I heard

3 hours ago, OTT said:

Those set pieces come from MacPhee (the fake **** up ones). He's probably the one guy in the current set up that should be held on to. A few goals have came from them. 

Its a moot point anyway, no ones going anywhere until Budge hands the club back (assuming not asked to to stay on)

I don’t necessarily agree. I think he should work on analysis and set pieces only. LF and JD may need to be changed out. I think there is a place for GL aswell with his passion certainly short term. I think all our coaches are similar and thats a problem and a reason for the insipid starts to games. With CL doing DoF he isn’t involved enough imo. Having heard a few things about peoples thoughts it would suggest there is no chance of any of the current staff taking over as Head Coach in the summer

Edited by sadj

3 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

I think that pretty much covers the reality. No one in this league is going to be actually competing with the OF, they're in a league of their own and while Aberdeen have ground out a couple of results against Rangers in particular what has that got them?

It's got them lying 8 points behind Rangers with a GD of 16 to 51. And do we really want to play like Aberdeen? Has anyone here ever watched them play the OF? They in no way shape or form 'have a go'

They park the bus and try to nick scraps on the break and appear to be good at that but I doubt Hearts fans would appreciate that style of play even if it were nicking the odd narrow win.

I feel CL actually did 'have a go' and tried to press them early doors but they're on a roll right now and are simply a better team so it backfired on him.

Naismith was integral to any success this season. When he was playing we were reaping an average of slightly over 2 points per game and without him averaging less than 1 point per game.

Unlike Rangers who lost Morelos then just casually threw in quality like Jermaine Defoe not Hearts nor anyone else outside the OF can do that. The loss of such a key player is fatal to everyone but that pair.

I just don't see anything being any different with any other manager so replacing CL would get us nowhere quick and may even be a step back.

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I think that pretty much covers the reality. No one in this league is going to be actually competing with the OF, they're in a league of their own and while Aberdeen have ground out a couple of results against Rangers in particular what has that got them?

It's got them lying 8 points behind Rangers with a GD of 16 to 51. And do we really want to play like Aberdeen? Has anyone here ever watched them play the OF? They in no way shape or form 'have a go'

They park the bus and try to nick scraps on the break and appear to be good at that but I doubt Hearts fans would appreciate that style of play even if it were nicking the odd narrow win.

I feel CL actually did 'have a go' and tried to press them early doors but they're on a roll right now and are simply a better team so it backfired on him.

Naismith was integral to any success this season. When he was playing we were reaping an average of slightly over 2 points per game and without him averaging less than 1 point per game.

Unlike Rangers who lost Morelos then just casually threw in quality like Jermaine Defoe not Hearts nor anyone else outside the OF can do that. The loss of such a key player is fatal to everyone but that pair.

I just don't see anything being any different with any other manager so replacing CL would get us nowhere quick and may even be a step back.

Can you explain the crap signings, crap performances and defeats to every team in the bottom 6 apart from St Johnstone?

If Craig has to go then most of the coaching staff have to go as well imo . 

We need a fresh approach from top to bottom . 

Much as I hate that we prick Billy Davies it looks like he has called it right . We need a total overhaul on the footballing side of things . 

2 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Jesus.

You don’t ever see us being higher than 6th ?

Craig Levein has taken us from 5th to 6th within two seasons and signed over 20 players in the process.

We have signed 20 ****ing players and increased the wage bill enormously to drop to a place in the league.

How anyone can accept this is beyond me.

People get pilloried for saying this on here but given that our league season is all but over yet again, wouldn't a heavy defeat at Easter road be a good thing if it finally saw him out the door?

I never want to see us lose to anyone but this just can't go on.

What's Valdas up to?  He won us the Cup in very similar circumstances , coming in at the last minute.

J.T.F.Robertson
1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

People get pilloried for saying this on here but given that our league season is all but over yet again, wouldn't a heavy defeat at Easter road be a good thing if it finally saw him out the door?

What's Valdas up to?  He won us the Cup in very similar circumstances , coming in at the last minute.

Much, much too far, Douglas.

Told you that you get pilloried for this but my frustration is at breaking point.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Not wanting us to be higher in the league and to get beat is brutal patter. 

CL won't be sacked this season. 

If he goes, it will be after the the cup final. 

2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Not wanting us to be higher in the league and to get beat is brutal patter. 

CL won't be sacked this season. 

If he goes, it will be after the the cup final. 

Totally unfair.  It's because I want us higher in the league that I want remedial action taken.  How many more dire performances do we have to endure?

I dont want defeats.  I want brilliant victories.  Not going to happen under Levein.

4 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Told you that you get pilloried for this but my frustration is at breaking point.

Its an absolutely ridiculous point to get to and that highlights the frustration within the support. If we were playing half decent football using youngsters and still losing then we could at least convince ourselves it was in the pursuit of something but we're using mediocre journeymen to achieve ****ing nothing. 

Honestly, I can't be arsed with it anymore. I'm just ending up more and more pissed off with everything. 

10 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

A heavy defeat at Easter Road a good thing????? Seriously KD wtf? You’re a better poster than that and I can only assume the Kiwi sun has made you take leave of your senses. Think back to the relegation part and all we had to look forward to was beating the hobos. No self respecting PHM would ever want a heavy defeat to enforce a managerial change. I’m sure the heavy defeat you talk about will happen on the 25th May. I think we should send our ladies team in as at least they show a bit of passion unlike the imposters that turned up against the Hun. The whole management team needs overhauling from top to bottom....and god help us if we promote from within as these current numpties have the  players through till Thursday. 

4 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

I’d think the only additions to the coaching side of things will be Berra and Naismith over the course of the next year or two. Not sure if either will be ready to be head coach any time soon though. 

Sorry but Berra? Why? Being serious, what could he possibly impart? 

Nookie Bear
3 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

He wasn’t hounded. 

He walked out to gamble on doing well enough at MK Dons to be spotted by a bigger club and perhaps one day end up in the EPL. 

I suspect he regrets his hasty move now. 

Just now, OTT said:

Its an absolutely ridiculous point to get to and that highlights the frustration within the support. If we were playing half decent football using youngsters and still losing then we could at least convince ourselves it was in the pursuit of something but we're using mediocre journeymen to achieve ****ing nothing. 

Honestly, I can't be arsed with it anymore. I'm just ending up more and more pissed off with everything. 

Me too!  Think I'll start a movement.

Alex Kintner
20 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

No genuine Hearts fan ever wants Hearts to lose to Hibs, no matter how many conditions you place on it. It simply isn’t up for debate.

4 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

No genuine Hearts fan ever wants Hearts to lose to Hibs, no matter how many conditions you place on it. It simply isn’t up for debate.

This , its as bad as congratulating Hibs on their results. Honest to god what is going on. Can’t even blame the rare British sun for the lunacy when its Doug

Edited by sadj

5 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Wanting Hibs to beat Hearts is never an option.

:spoton:  It is never an option for any circumstance, let alone using said defeat to justify the sacking of a manager.

There is no way that Hearts losing to Hibs should even be considered.

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

With respect  you just don't understand the point.  I want Hearts to be superb.  If history was to show that a dire performance against Hibs was to be the catalyst for this, I'd be celebrating day and night along with tens of thousands of other genuine Hearts supporters, yourself included I suspect.

4 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

In a bloody nutshell.

Just now, Morgan said:

:spoton:  It is never an option for any circumstance, let alone using said defeat to justify the sacking of a manager.

There is no way that Hearts losing to Hibs should even be considered.

??Spot ****ing on my friend ?? Must be you are just immune from the lunacy with the years of sun n alcohol in the med ?

Just now, Kiwidoug said:

With respect  you just don't understand the point.  I want Hearts to be superb.  If history was to show that a dire performance against Hibs was to be the catalyst for this, I'd be celebrating day and night along with tens of thousands of other genuine Hearts supporters, yourself included I suspect.

Fully get your point Doug but No , just No.... I would never be happy to be humped by them , under any circumstance ever even if it was a catalyst to a superb Hearts. 

i think getting to the cup final has bought Levein time. had we been knocked out at any point i dont think he would be in charge now. 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

??Spot ****ing on my friend ?? Must be you are just immune from the lunacy with the years of sun n alcohol in the med ?

Is that you casting aspersions on my lifestyle again. old boy?

:winkiss:

Just now, Morgan said:

Is that you casting aspersions on my lifestyle again. old boy?

:winkiss:

Me ? how dare you ?

merely suggesting you have enjoyed living the good life between Barca and your current location and been able to experience some of the more culturally enjoyable aspects of Spanish/Med. life such as fine wines , sun and siestas 

26 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

You don’t ever see us being higher than 6th ?

Yes I do but this season it just wasn't to be.

37 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Can you explain the crap signings, crap performances and defeats to every team in the bottom 6 apart from St Johnstone?

It is what it is, have you noticed that Rangers too have turned in crap performances and poor results against against bottom 6 sides and even worse against top 6? In March they played 5 games all against top 6 sides and failed to beat any of them.

This has been a disappointing season for Hearts there is no denying that. But some of the gloom and doom sentiment stems from the come down following the early season unbeaten run with dreams of actually winning the title being floated which I always thought was unrealistic.

I'm looking for improvement next season and I just don't see that a managerial change will accomplish anything.

2 minutes ago, Dinger said:

i think getting to the cup final has bought Levein time. had we been knocked out at any point i dont think he would be in charge now. 

It may have bought him time, but he needs to earn his corn over the next few weeks. If we go into the Cup final looking as shambolic and demotivated as we currently do, we could be facing a mauling worse than the one inflicted on Fenlon's rabble of racists, junkies and mercenaries on 19/05/2012.

7 hours ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

I agree, but my choice was made on the distinct possibility that the next manager will come from within. 

I see something in Daly that Cathro doesn't have. 

He doesn't take any shit. 

Promoting from within will not pacify a very angry and disenfranchised Hearts support 

The slow uptake of season tickets are the only thing that will make Anne Budge reconsider Craig Leveins future as Hearts manager

Promoting his understudies changes absolutely nothing 

14 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

What if losing to Hibs meant we won the cup?

I'd take that deal.

It's all a moot point anyway.  Hasn't Craig ruled out going anywhere.  Hasn't he also done a Putin on us by making his position unchallengeable?  That's certainly my understanding.

A commanding Hibs win and a dire Hearts performance won't make a blind bit of difference.  A surprising Hearts win will strengthen Craig's position which is already rock solid.

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

What if losing to Hibs meant we won the cup?

I'd take that deal.

If we can draw with Hibs and win the cup, I'd be tempted.

But only slightly!!

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Yes I do but this season it just wasn't to be.

It is what it is, have you noticed that Rangers too have turned in crap performances and poor results against against bottom 6 sides and even worse against top 6? In March they played 5 games all against top 6 sides and failed to beat any of them.

This has been a disappointing season for Hearts there is no denying that. But some of the gloom and doom sentiment stems from the come down following the early season unbeaten run with dreams of actually winning the title being floated which I always thought was unrealistic.

I'm looking for improvement next season and I just don't see that a managerial change will accomplish anything.

Rangers are 19 points above us and 50 odd goals better off so they can be excused the odd slip up. We actually have a negative GD and won't finish higher than 6th playing utterly turgid, one dimensional, mind numbing football. It's not good enough and to say a new coaching team with fresh ideas and positive signings wouldn't improve us is mind boggling. 

1 minute ago, leginten said:

It may have bought him time, but he needs to earn his corn over the next few weeks. If we go into the Cup final looking as shambolic and demotivated as we currently do, we could be facing a mauling worse than the one inflicted on Fenlon's rabble of racists, junkies and mercenaries on 19/05/2012.

tbh i think we are going to get a doing, i obviously hope not but thats my feeling right now. at this point i have little to no excitement or positivity about the footballing side of hearts

5 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Promoting from within will not pacify a very angry and disenfranchised Hearts support 

The slow uptake of season tickets are the only thing that will make Anne Budge reconsider Craig Leveins future as Hearts manager

6 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Good point that.  Behind the wall of silence I'm sure she is extremely worried that Levein's squad under his stewardship is going to be turning supporters away in droves.

If dreadful performances and results were to be enough to see him off he'd be long gone already.

8 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Rangers are 19 points above us and 50 odd goals better off so they can be excused the odd slip up. We actually have a negative GD and won't finish higher than 6th playing utterly turgid, one dimensional, mind numbing football. It's not good enough and to say a new coaching team with fresh ideas and positive signings wouldn't improve us is mind boggling. 

I agree that fresh signings could change things. Signings who may perhaps be able to carry out the strategy more effectively and I believe that strategy is to press teams rather than a park the bus Aberdeen strategy.

Do you want to play like Aberdeen? I don't and I doubt the majority of the support do.

And there has been mention of Hibs doing better but they're scarcely much better. They're only 3 points ahead of us and 16 behind Rangers with a vastly inferior GD just like everyone else. Rangers are the highest scoring team in the league with 5 more goals than Celtic.

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

Hiya Craig 

5 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I agree that fresh signings could change things. Signings who may perhaps be able to carry out the strategy more effectively and I believe that strategy is to press teams rather than a park the bus Aberdeen strategy.

Do you want to play like Aberdeen? I don't and I doubt the majority of the support do.

And there has been mention of Hibs doing better but they're scarcely much better. They're only 3 points ahead of us and 16 behind Rangers with a vastly inferior GD just like everyone else. Rangers are the highest scoring team in the league with 5 more goals than Celtic.

Hibs were 10 behind us at one point.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic