Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

He must have been just about the only person inside Tynecastle, who didn't think that team needed changing at half time.

I honestly believe that since his health scare, he has become even more cautious and reticent about making changes.

To then compound this perception of being a rabbit in the headlights, he takes of Wighton (no fight, desire or passion), for McLean, a like for like change.

Cochrane comes on far too late, and then Dikamona for Smith when he hadn't even made the original bench, why not Jamie Brandon.

CL should have made changes to our set up at half time, and neither Lee or Wighton should have been out for the second half. I really do hate to say it but unfortunately his time really is up, and he should go after the cup final

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Phil Dunphy

I'm sure the impending signing of Curtis Main will see us compete at the top end of the table next season.

rick witter
3 hours ago, UcheGang said:

Yet we still put bums on seats and bring in the money therefore not forcing Budge to make a big call.

very thankful for everyth9ng she has done but she really needs to start afresh on the footballing side and not leaving it to a dinosaur. Modern football has surpassed Levein and his band of clipboard holders.

If nothing changes then as fans it’s now time to step up and let it be known that we have had enough and we need change. 

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Captain Canada said:

If you take the emotional aspect out of it, Levein should not be manager of Hearts. 

Someone posted yesterday that we've managed 25 points from our past 24 games (possible 72 points). 

I don't expect us to win anything at the start of each season, but if results are going to be bad, I at least expect 100% effort and some entertainment in the form of exciting, attacking football. 

Poor results coupled with poor performances are a recipe for disaster. I do think we have the spine of a good team, but Levein had the opportunity to address the lack of pace and creativity in the past two windows and didn't. 

He said yesterday that the players didn't do what they'd been asked to. If he can't get them to implement his tactics, then what's the point? 

Your last paragraph is spot on. Why didn't they come out all fired up right from the first whistle. It is worrying when they are asked to do something and they don't carry it out. They don't need to be the best players in the world to show fight, passion and in their faces right from the start. First 30 mins they were lethargic, lazy and couldnt be arsed by the looks of it. There is absolutely no excuse for that at all. 

Robbo-Jambo
5 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I'm sure the impending signing of Curtis Main will see us compete at the top end of the table next season.

Good if true but we need a lot more than one new player. 

Phil Dunphy
1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Good if true but we need a lot more than one new player. 

Good? Curtis ****ing Main?

6 goals this season. File alongside that utter ****ing charlatan Steven MacLean.

JamboAndrew

So, in a business, and Ann is a successful business woman, she would do her best to make sure the team and Craig are in a good place in the run up to the cup final. As that means a lot financially to the club this and next season. And after the cup final she would look at the years results verses forecast and make an objective decision. Money plays a big part in her thinking. And no cup win, no Europe and thus reduced finances would then put fans in a justified position for protests that don't harm the club. Letter writing, supporter reps demanding. Meeting with her to put fan concerns to her etc...

Win or lose the cup, I have no doubt she has seen the results and the football and is looking at options.

Too many people seem to think that because they have played football manager or champ man that they know best. And that it's some sort of cronyism between the board and Craig that is protecting him.

I reserve judgement till after the cup, and then if we have no Europe, no cup and no indication of a clear path to improvement, then I think it is fair to find a constructive way to ask tough questions of Ann in terms of Craig and our plan for management of the team moving forward. 

All this cancelling subscriptions and not renewing season tickets just annoys me. It's symptomatic of this 'look at me' Instagram generation.

2 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

So, in a business, and Ann is a successful business woman, she would do her best to make sure the team and Craig are in a good place in the run up to the cup final. As that means a lot financially to the club this and next season. And after the cup final she would look at the years results verses forecast and make an objective decision. Money plays a big part in her thinking. And no cup win, no Europe and thus reduced finances would then put fans in a justified position for protests that don't harm the club. Letter writing, supporter reps demanding. Meeting with her to put fan concerns to her etc...

Win or lose the cup, I have no doubt she has seen the results and the football and is looking at options.

Too many people seem to think that because they have played football manager or champ man that they know best. And that it's some sort of cronyism between the board and Craig that is protecting him.

I reserve judgement till after the cup, and then if we have no Europe, no cup and no indication of a clear path to improvement, then I think it is fair to find a constructive way to ask tough questions of Ann in terms of Craig and our plan for management of the team moving forward. 

All this cancelling subscriptions and not renewing season tickets just annoys me. It's symptomatic of this 'look at me' Instagram generation.

Just about sums up your post.

Brighton Jambo

I’m not really in the Levein out camp but watching Hegginbottom interviewed before the Celtic game and it’s evident their is an energy and enthusiasm there.   It does make me think if we got a new hungry manager (not I hasten to add a Catho first job type) who want burdened by the Scottish football negativity could give the whole place a lift

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

What difference does that make? At least Clarke has them fighting above their weight with a game plan that involves passing the ball rather than lumping it forward to one man with little or no support. Levein has shown that his signings are at best mediocre and that he has no plan B so irrespective of us getting to a cup final he should be leaving.

I was just responding to the posts suggesting Levein is too old for the job. 

Phil Dunphy

I see Hibs have named an unchanged XI for the game today.

Imagine if Hearts did that.

:laugh:

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

It's easy to pick the odd example that breaks the rule but in general football managers everywhere are younger.

Yes but the majority of Levein out guys would be wetting themselves if we replaced him with Clarke. 

1 hour ago, innerjambo said:

Spot on........one is a very good manager, while the other is a completely clueless manager. 

One is having his first success as a manager  after a number of failures. Is he a one team wonder. Time will tell. 

21 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Is this really true? I think wires have been crossed. It’s Chris Cadden we are after. 

JamboAndrew
5 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Just about sums up your post.

OK. I'm canceling my subscription and boycotting games till we drive Ann out and get Levein sacked due to the terrible football on show, horrific tactics and terrible signings. I could do better.

A more objective opinion for you now?

Robbo-Jambo
15 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Good? Curtis ****ing Main?

6 goals this season. File alongside that utter ****ing charlatan Steven MacLean.

Aye you are spot on just looked at his stats and he is crap. Maybe had one decent season sometime ago. As for McLean he is a lazy arrogant knobend

Phil Dunphy
11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Is this really true? I think wires have been crossed. It’s Chris Cadden we are after. 

I've been told that Curtis Main was shown around Tynecastle the week leading up to the Inverness game.

21 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I was just responding to the posts suggesting Levein is too old for the job. 

:thumbs_up:

50 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I've been told that Curtis Main was shown around Tynecastle the week leading up to the Inverness game.

Let's hope it's for the position as a mascot. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes but the majority of Levein out guys would be wetting themselves if we replaced him with Clarke. 

He would be an upgrade and have us better set up against the OF, he’s only lost once against Rangers and Levein has never won a home game against them.

Jean Louis Valois

Has Levein not walked/been sacked yet? How bad do things need to get before Anne Budge does what an owner should do and sack an underperforming manager. It’s ridiculous he’s still in the job, gives me the fear that he’s going to be in charge of us in a cup final against Celtic. 

10 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Has Levein not walked/been sacked yet? How bad do things need to get before Anne Budge does what an owner should do and sack an underperforming manager. It’s ridiculous he’s still in the job, gives me the fear that he’s going to be in charge of us in a cup final against Celtic. 

100% certainty that he will be. Why would it be otherwise? 

Jean Louis Valois
7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Because he’s a terrible manager maybe.

Forever Hearts
36 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Erm, because he's useless and we have zero chance of beating Celtic with him in charge? 

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Because we might want to actually win the cup rather than just keep the score down.

If levein left today still no time to get a decent manager in and sort the team out for the cup final. It's not happening.

Despite the wishful thinking of egm’s and sackings, CL will be at Hearts next season. It’s almost certain that he will be punted upstairs as DOF again and a new coach brought in. AB has a policy of promotion from within so one of the coaching staff will be appointed.

Alex Kintner
4 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I see Hibs have named an unchanged XI for the game today.

Imagine if Hearts did that.

:laugh:

We made one change yesterday. That worked well.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

We actually made 2 and then an enforced third.

The Real Maroonblood
43 minutes ago, Prof said:

Despite the wishful thinking of egm’s and sackings, CL will be at Hearts next season. It’s almost certain that he will be punted upstairs as DOF again and a new coach brought in. AB has a policy of promotion from within so one of the coaching staff will be appointed.

Looking forward to it already.:phface:

BOBTHEBRUCE
48 minutes ago, Prof said:

If season ticket sales take a hit and overall attendances dwindle, She'll have to listen. 

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Do you think Michael O'Neill will take over from Big Craig.

Would ****ing love that!

As an aside I also think AB needs to make some kind of statement soon. She’s weighed in on every other topic this season and her keeping quiet during the current malaise is only gonna antagonise fans further. From a business perspective as much as anything else. I wouldn’t expect her to declare her hand as to whether CL will stay or go anytime soon but at least an acknowledgement that current standards are not good enough would go someway to appeasing increasingly apathetic support. To send out all the season ticket sales pish ignoring the elephant in the room ain’t gonna help. 

Phil Dunphy
1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Would’ve been two if Clare hadn’t dropped out at the last minute. Anyway, how many games have we had the same starting XI?

It seems pretty clear that even Levein doesn’t know his best side. 

2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Would’ve been two if Clare hadn’t dropped out at the last minute. Anyway, how many games have we had the same starting XI?

It seems pretty clear that even Levein doesn’t know his best side. 

He does, it includes wee Steven Naismith.

Naismith is the only reason Craig Levein is still in the dugout. ****nows where we would be without him on the pitch for the first half of the season.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Do you think Michael O'Neill will take over from Big Craig.

No way we are paying 750k pa

16 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

No way we are paying 750k pa

Might be a silly question but could he do both jobs? 

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

We actually made 2 and then an enforced third.

Thought I heard Scott Wilson saying just one change for Hearts but think you’re right.

Edited by To Be Frank

rick witter
8 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Jobbies 

shaun.lawson
On 20/04/2019 at 20:17, To Be Frank said:

“Neil McCann has the best individual performance of recent times in a Hearts jersey. Better than Johnson at Ibrox and Hartley at Hampden.”

:cornette:

I love you too Frank. :love: 

Plenty of others seem to agree that McCann's was best. Why didn't we win the game? Because we were up against a fantastic side with a world class player who produced one of the moments of his career to turn it back in their favour (and the ref played his part too :mad: ).

Rangers' quality was light years ahead of the Hibs team Hartley put to the sword (and our side cost double what theirs had: in other words, we were supposed to beat them pretty easily). Johnston's a better shout, but it's still McCann for me.

shaun.lawson
16 hours ago, UcheGang said:

An absolute shitebag of a manager

Funny. Isn't that what so many insisted about Robbie? Or JJ in Glasgow? 

Why - we must be the unluckiest club in the world to have so many "shitebags" managing us. :rolleyes: 

Riddle me this. Derek McInnes has been in charge of a top 3 side for the past six seasons. In that time, he's won one League Cup (on penalties, against ICT), and lost a huge number of games to Celtic and even Rangers. Why is that? Is it because he's a "shitebag"... or is it because it's actually really really difficult? 

Edited by shaun.lawson

Say What Again
15 hours ago, glynnlondon said:

Absolutely this I'm at the point where I literally couldn't give a shite anymore.

My expectation levels are zero.

First time in decades I can say that.

Sadly where I’m at too. 

I love Hearts.  Always have and always will.  All my kids have been brought up the same way.   But at this moment I have very little passion left to watch Hearts under Levein's style of football.  Harks back to the early 2000s.

Watching the Wolves game yesterday and spat my coffee out at 90 min when Cathro's face appeared out of the dug-oot.  I forgot he was their coach.

Geoff Kilpatrick
On 21/04/2019 at 08:03, Finlay James said:

I'd lay money that if we were playing attractive football and getting beat, you'd be wanting the manager sacked.

Robbie Neilson had a good win % but was chased out the door.  

Right now, I'd take the team showing some passion and actually looking like we have a clue.  That would be a start.

Can this myth be busted once and for all? He chose to leave as he thought MK Dons was some sort of stepping stone to greatness in England. More fool him.

My interest has slowly dwindled over the last 2 years. When Levein walked back into the club, I remember thinking that it was going to be painful to watch all over again. I wasn't a fan first time around,  and this has made me dislike him even more. My expectations are zero no matter what team we are playing, and it will continue until he's gone completely. 

4 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Can this myth be busted once and for all? He chose to leave as he thought MK Dons was some sort of stepping stone to greatness in England. More fool him.

Just one of those things. 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic