Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

58 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Sacked for getting to a Scottish Cup final? 

That would be impressive. 

What part did he play in getting us there?

What magic did he work to get past the mighty Auchinlech/Ferranti Thistle/Partick Th and the mighty ICT.

The draw handed us a bye to the final and Levein still tried to fk it up against Partick.

Edited by Gambo

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

shaun.lawson
3 minutes ago, John Gentleman said:

No Donald Ford on this list of lists?

Baws, I knew I'd forget someone. Sorry Donald! In on the top list (I think...)

shaun.lawson
1 minute ago, Hercules said:

??. I don’t care why he left. I’m just saying why he left. You called him a legend. He won nothing and was doing something he sacked Jack Ross for. Wake up. Gary Mackay Not a  legend on your list ????

Sorry - can I just get this right? You think Gary Mackay is a legend but you think Craig Levein isn't a legend? How in the world does that work?

Incidentally: is there any actual evidence regarding either Levein or Ross? It smacks of the exact same "Burley was having it off with Vlad's niece" pish so beloved of sweetie-wife football fans.

6 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Given he didn't play in either match and wasn't manager on either occasion, I don't think it does. 

Ok.

Maybe take it up with the Legends committee when you’re invited along to the plot ceremony and 1956 club?

shaun.lawson
Just now, The Doc said:

Ok.

Maybe take it up with the Legends committee when you’re invited along to the plot ceremony and 1956 club?

All about opinions, my friend. :angel: 

17 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

No, it means a heck of a lot. And very good manager means absolute shitloads when it results in things like So ****in De Vreasy, 4-4, the Austin McCann game, Bordeaux, Braga... and leaves us in a position where Basel went on to happen as well.

All at a time the club was falling apart off the pitch. Teams almost never do well in those circumstances. Yet we did at a time we were cutting back left, right and centre.

And in getting his move away, in no time referred to his beloved Hearts as a provincial club. Legendary, right there.

8 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Sorry - can I just get this right? You think Gary Mackay is a legend but you think Craig Levein isn't a legend? How in the world does that work?

Incidentally: is there any actual evidence regarding either Levein or Ross? It smacks of the exact same "Burley was having it off with Vlad's niece" pish so beloved of sweetie-wife football fans.

Gary Mackay record appearances in a Hearts jersey enough Einstein ?

Jesus wept. 

shaun.lawson
2 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Gary Mackay record appearances in a Hearts jersey enough Einstein ?

Jesus wept. 

You: "Levein's was a one club man which means nothing and he's won nothing so isn't a legend".

Also you: "Mackay was a one club man and won nothing but is a legend".

It's nonsense. 

Edited by shaun.lawson

Alex Kintner

“Gary Mackay isn’t a Hearts legend”

:cornette:

“Neil McCann has the best individual performance of recent times in a Hearts jersey. Better than Johnson at Ibrox and Hartley at Hampden.”

sandylejambo
49 minutes ago, lsimp77 said:

If he wasn’t sacked after the Livi game, he’ll never get sacked. If he leaves, it’ll be on his terms and I don’t see that happening anytime soon. 

And that is why season ticket sales will suffer, I have missed a few games this season and financially it would have been prudent to have just paid for the games i could get to. The last three years have sickened me, so I'm hoping Levein and his backroom boys are not there next season as I'm fed up going home angry. I might regret not getting a season ticket next season but if Levein is still in charge, I doubt it.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Getting away from a Lawson list :vrface: the only way Levein can stay employed now is winning the cup. Even then, I'd rather he step down after that game and a new broom was brought in. The coaching pyramid needs to go too.

31 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

“Gary Mackay isn’t a Hearts legend”

“Neil McCann has the best individual performance of recent times in a Hearts jersey. Better than Johnson at Ibrox and Hartley at Hampden.”

I would argue McCanns performance against Rangers At Hampson was one of the best performances displayed of wing wizardry I have ever seen in my life at a hearts game - he was simply immense that day - had their full back on toast all game 

as was Hartleys performance against the hobos - utterly destroyed them and Johnson’s performance was excellent with moments of absolute genius  at ibrox 

if we won the cup against rangers that day everyone would now say it was all down to McCanns performance - he was that good 

that’s not detracting from PH and AJ,s performances but they were all unique in their different type of way 

40 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

And that is why season ticket sales will suffer, I have missed a few games this season and financially it would have been prudent to have just paid for the games i could get to. The last three years have sickened me, so I'm hoping Levein and his backroom boys are not there next season as I'm fed up going home angry. I might regret not getting a season ticket next season but if Levein is still in charge, I doubt it.

Fully agree. I don’t mind losing, i’m a hearts fan so I’m used to it, but it’s the gutless performances this season that have really pissed me off. I paid £30 to watch us play Celtic at Parkhead in November to pretty much accept defeat before kick off. Same goes with the two games at Ibrox this season. So many games both home and away we’ve just not bothered our arse. People are paying thousands of pounds to follow hearts up and down the country and the performances and attitude of the manger and the players are nothing short of a disgrace. Levein may end up continuing as manager for the next couple of years, and if he does then attendances will suffer. People, myself included, no longer enjoy going to Tynecastle. Earlier this season I couldn’t wait to go, I was counting the days down to Saturday and now it’s almost a chore. Hibs, while we may not like to admit it, are a great example of why you should make a change. Before Heckingbottom came in, their fans were just apathetic towards everything, didn’t enjoy going to games and their attendances were suffering. They’ve now brought in a new manager and he’s injected new life into the club and they’ve completed turned their season around and could possibly end up in Europe after looking desperate just 3 months ago. He should get until the end of the season, but no matter the result of the cup final he should go. We haven’t progressed in over 3 years and some may say we’re going backwards and it would be hard to disagree with them. 

Edited by lsimp77

2 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I would argue McCanns performance against Rangers At Hampson was one of the best performances displayed of wing wizardry I have ever seen in my life at a hearts game - he was simply immense that day - had their full back on toast all game 

as was Hartleys performance against the hobos - utterly destroyed them and Johnson’s performance was excellent with moments of absolute genius  at ibrox 

if we won the cup against rangers that day everyone would now say it was all down to McCanns performance - he was that good 

that’s not detracting from PH and AJ,s performances but they were all unique in their different type of way 

At Parkhead no hampden sorry ?

Placid Casual

Both legends. But Gary Mackay’s status is based on longevity, Craig Levein’s on talent as a player, first and foremost.

Craig Levein was 10 times the player Mackay was.

I remember, as a kid, the abuse Mackay used to get from our fans. It was pretty bad. Levein, on the other hand, a class act.

Edited by Placid Casual

Alex Kintner
13 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Key fact

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

Key fact

I didn’t say it was a match winning performance - just purely One of the best hearts individual performances I have ever seen 

Say What Again
52 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

And that is why season ticket sales will suffer

In my life I’ve had a ST on and off for maybe 20 years. The last was the first season back up.  

I see nothing, not a single thing that would tempt me back. 

Call me part time, bash away. My point stands. Disillusioned fans are growing, and trust me, it’s an easy habit to get out of. Sadly. 

Placid Casual
4 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I didn’t say it was a match winning performance - just purely One of the best hearts individual performances I have ever seen 

You’re right, it was. I think Frank is at it.

Edited by Placid Casual

Alex Kintner
5 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

It was fantastic but not on a par with Johnson or Hartley. Both of theirs have the added advantage of being match-winning performances.

Cruyff Turn

I certainly wouldn’t have Paulo Sergio on any legends list. Just because he was suave and wore a maroon cardigan does not make him a legend. He was a Vlad puppet who just happened to be the manager when Hearts won the cup with a team of players signed by Vlad. Much like Ivanauskas who is not a legend either. 

Paulo is a cult hero at best.

Craig Levein is a legend. Not just for his service to Hearts but because the vast majority of Hearts fans would have him in their Greatest All Time XI as well. 

1 hour ago, The Doc said:

Ok.

This is my favourite post in weeks ???

Just now, To Be Frank said:

It was fantastic but not on a par with Johnson or Hartley. Both of theirs have the added advantage of being match-winning performances.

Considering I was at all 3 games Frank I’ll still opt for McCaans performance out of all 3 as the best - hartleys was by far the most emotional and gave the most satisfaction but putting emotions to one side and all that ....

The obvious omission to that list is Sandy Jardine. Best football playing defender I have ever seen at the club and completely moulded Levein. Not many Hearts players have been voted player of the year in Scotland. 

Placid Casual
9 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

McCann’s performance was far superior to Johnston’s. Johnston did not dominate the game like McCann did, nowhere near it. And yes, I was at both games.

Edited by Placid Casual

Just now, Placid Casual said:

McCann’s performance was far superior to Johnson’s. Johnson did not dominate like McCann did, nowhere near it.

And yes, I was at both games.

Dominate being the most important word 

McCanns performance was nothing short of memorising that day and had our whole support on their feet whenever he got the ball - I get comparing it to hartleys for obvious reasons but in all honesty I wouldn’t be putting AJ,s against the other 2 performance wise 

14 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I certainly wouldn’t have Paulo Sergio on any legends list. Just because he was suave and wore a maroon cardigan does not make him a legend. He was a Vlad puppet who just happened to be the manager when Hearts won the cup with a team of players signed by Vlad. Much like Ivanauskas who is not a legend either. 

Paulo is a cult hero at best.

Craig Levein is a legend. Not just for his service to Hearts but because the vast majority of Hearts fans would have him in their Greatest All Time XI as well. 

Last paragraph spot on - one of the most cultured defenders of his time and it begs to ask the question that if he didn’t have his constant injury issues to contend with where he would have ended up in the game career wise is anyone’s guess 

Anybody that defends him and his tram after today needs to have a word with themselves.

A ****ing disgrace..

3 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

The following individuals are Hearts legends

Tommy Walker

Bobby Walker

Dave Mackay (greatest figure in Hearts' history IMO)

Alfie Conn

Willie Bauld

Jimmy Wardhaugh

Jim Cruickshank

Elias Furst

Wallace Mercer

Ann Budge

John Robertson

John Colquhoun

Craig Levein

Alex MacDonald

Jim Jefferies

Colin Cameron

Neil McCann

Antti Niemi

Craig Gordon

Rudi Skacel

Paul Hartley

The following individuals *may* be Hearts legends, but opinion is often more divided

Steven Pressley

Gary Mackay

Andy Webster

David Weir

Marius Zaliukas

Steve Fulton

David McPherson

Edgaras Jankauskas

Takis Fyssas

Stephane Adam

Thomas Flogel

Stefano Salvatori

Gary Naysmith

Paulo Sergio 

Gilles Rousset

Callum Paterson

The following individuals were Hearts cult heroes

Pasquale Bruno

Drew Busby

Henry Smith

Scott Crabbe

Robbie Neilson

Osman Sow

Craig Beattie

Wayne Foster

Andy Thorn

Alim Ozturk

Mark De Vries

Ryan McGowan

Julien Brellier

And while some might move Zal into the legends' list, others might move him into the cult heroes list. He was that sort of guy. 

It’s amazing what someone can do copying and pasting from the London Hearts website.

If it's any consolation, Spud Murphy and Arthut Thomson were worse than this lot by a great distance.

It's a wonder Arthur was quick enough to get out the tunnel before the kick-off.

See, it could be worse.

There's no denying it now. We are pish. Queen Ann is fast becoming a Petrie type establishment figure. Hope we keep it under six in the final. 

It should have been ten
5 hours ago, Hercules said:

He was and never has been a Hearts legend. He played for us. 

Gies peace  :hobofish: 

5 hours ago, Morgan said:

You are, and never have been, a Hearts fan.

No, he didn’t play for Hibs.

Well played Morgan ??

It should have been ten
4 hours ago, Finlay James said:

I'd lay money that if we were playing attractive football and getting beat, you'd be wanting the manager sacked.

Robbie Neilson had a good win % but was chased out the door.  

Right now, I'd take the team showing some passion and actually looking like we have a clue.  That would be a start.

:spoton:

J.T.F.Robertson
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

If it's any consolation, Spud Murphy and Arthut Thomson were worse than this lot by a great distance.

It's a wonder Arthur was quick enough to get out the tunnel before the kick-off.

See, it could be worse.

"Steakneck" if I remember.

It's been worse, that's for sure, but given where we are these days, it shouldn't be near as bad as it is now and has been allowed to get for the past four years.

Ann's been great, but unfortunately has no idea where to turn other than oor Craig.

We're fecked, and even if by some near miracle we are to lift the cup,  with our present set-up, fecked we will stay.

We need that new broom, the one that sweeps clean. :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

The following individuals are Hearts legends

Tommy Walker

Bobby Walker

Dave Mackay (greatest figure in Hearts' history IMO)

Alfie Conn

Willie Bauld

Jimmy Wardhaugh

Jim Cruickshank

Elias Furst

Wallace Mercer

Ann Budge

John Robertson

John Colquhoun

Craig Levein

Alex MacDonald

Jim Jefferies

Colin Cameron

Neil McCann

Antti Niemi

Craig Gordon

Rudi Skacel

Paul Hartley

The following individuals *may* be Hearts legends, but opinion is often more divided

Steven Pressley

Gary Mackay

Andy Webster

David Weir

Marius Zaliukas

Steve Fulton

David McPherson

Edgaras Jankauskas

Takis Fyssas

Stephane Adam

Thomas Flogel

Stefano Salvatori

Gary Naysmith

Paulo Sergio 

Gilles Rousset

Callum Paterson

The following individuals were Hearts cult heroes

Pasquale Bruno

Drew Busby

Henry Smith

Scott Crabbe

Robbie Neilson

Osman Sow

Craig Beattie

Wayne Foster

Andy Thorn

Alim Ozturk

Mark De Vries

Ryan McGowan

Julien Brellier

And while some might move Zal into the legends' list, others might move him into the cult heroes list. He was that sort of guy. 

No Donald Ford, Rab Prentice and Willie Gibson... legends for me growing up in the 70’s 

Edited by Saughton Jambo

He is still employed because he believes he's doing a good job also 

any credibility as a manager has reached an all time low which is 

Not going to bother him as this will be his last job in football 

If Craig levein had any love for hearts he would go now before the cup final but his arrogance will not allow that 

11 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

If Craig levein had any love for hearts he would go now before the cup final but his arrogance will not allow that 

Nailed it HD

1 hour ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

"Steakneck" if I remember.

It's been worse, that's for sure, but given where we are these days, it shouldn't be near as bad as it is now and has been allowed to get for the past four years.

Ann's been great, but unfortunately has no idea where to turn other than oor Craig.

We're fecked, and even if by some near miracle we are to lift the cup,  with our present set-up, fecked we will stay.

We need that new broom, the one that sweeps clean. :rolleyes:

Don't remember the steakneck name Jim but he was truly dreadful.  That's beside the point of course.  We are nowhere near where we should be and the new broom must come in, even if its accompanied by a load of brasso for the Cup.

0-5 against Livvy convinces me he has no intention of going anywhere of his own accord.  He has to be shifted out by Ann Budge.

She is perilously close to a crisis with the Hearts support.

The Real Maroonblood
6 hours ago, Diego Hamish said:

Cos the granny has no idea how to run a football club

:cornette_dog:

One of the most damning aspects of the current situation is defeats don't hurt like they should as we sre becoming used to them. Also not being excited about being on a up final.

davidjambo51

WHY don't we hear continued chants of 

" Levein must go " that would do it.

Our blind loyalty to this Club is being abused.

manaliveits105

Looks like a few hobos couldn’t sleep at the thought of a big love in with their big cousins on Easter Sunday 

rick witter
12 minutes ago, davidjambo51 said:

WHY don't we hear continued chants of 

" Levein must go " that would do it.

Our blind loyalty to this Club is being abused.

That is definitely coming you can feel it in the stands. The chants and Levein our flags will be here soon enough. Rightly so. He should leave now and give the whole club and fans a lift before the cup final. 

An absolute shitebag of a manager who is only still in a job because he's in tight with budge. Anyone else performing like this at work would've got their P45 a long time ago. 

Brace ourselves for next season if he isn't going anywhere. 

Never understood this what he's done for the club in past pish. Who cares its ****ing irrelevant, footballs about the here and now and always had been and right now hes suffocating our club!

17 minutes ago, UcheGang said:

An absolute shitebag of a manager who is only still in a job because he's in tight with budge. Anyone else performing like this at work would've got their P45 a long time ago. 

Brace ourselves for next season if he isn't going anywhere. 

I was getting texts from a Celtic colleague from work during the game saying the usual guff about us lying down to them and said exactly what you said above. It is simple as that.

Levein is sucking the life out of the Club. It is brutal.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic