Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

3 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Never understood this what he's done for the club in past pish. Who cares its ****ing irrelevant, footballs about the here and now and always had been and right now hes suffocating our club!

Exactly, David Moyes done an amazing job at Everton, should they get him back? No because he's a past it dinosaur.

Managers only ever do what they know and stick to what they know, football has moved on and guys like Craig Levein haven't.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Yet we still put bums on seats and bring in the money therefore not forcing Budge to make a big call.

very thankful for everyth9ng she has done but she really needs to start afresh on the footballing side and not leaving it to a dinosaur. Modern football has surpassed Levein and his band of clipboard holders.

1 hour ago, Sherbet said:

One of the most damning aspects of the current situation is defeats don't hurt like they should as we sre becoming used to them. Also not being excited about being on a up final.

This is the most worrying thing about it all, I’m in the same boat. If we get beat I now just kind off except it and have a moan in the car on the way home for 5 minutes . We just find we are going over the same thing so what’s the point nothing changes. If I’m honest £500 for a ST is looking like a no go.And as for the final il go but .......

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, UcheGang said:

Yet we still put bums on seats and bring in the money therefore not forcing Budge to make a big call.

very thankful for everyth9ng she has done but she really needs to start afresh on the footballing side and not leaving it to a dinosaur. Modern football has surpassed Levein and his band of clipboard holders.

Sticking hot needles in your eyes would probably be more fun than watching that shite.

Makes shan jokes with the media so it's all well and good. The performances, results and guff signings don't really matter.

Inch Hearts
1 hour ago, Longshanks said:

He's still employed because we have had a bye to the Scottish cup final.

A bit like Scotland in the nations league to the euro qualifiers and people said we couldn’t sack McLeish cause he got us there when In truth it was sod all to do with him.  At least the SFA for all everyone slags them had the guts to punt him to give us the best chance on the pitch.  It will be hoof hoof contain try win a free kick and corners in the final, they demolish us down the sides like the huns did yesterday and go 1 up its game over.

Psychedelicropcircle

Don’t worry folks AB says on the radio a while back  she won’t have to sack craigy cause he’ll be at her door saying I’m shite! 

Inch Hearts
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Looks like a few hobos couldn’t sleep at the thought of a big love in with their big cousins on Easter Sunday 

I don’t see many undercover Hibs fans putting up a case for Levein to stay which is surely what they would want? Unless it’s a double bluff? 

10 hours ago, Hercules said:

He was and never has been a Hearts legend. He played for us. 

I was a madman. I apologize. Also a madman involved in the section B fracas a few weeks ago. 

9 hours ago, Hercules said:

Actually mortified by it but we all make mistakes. 

Mortified having been called out for it you mean? 

Your first quote, quickly followed by your second shows you should never be near Tynecastle again. A******e

Edited by trotter

1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

I don’t see many undercover Hibs fans putting up a case for Levein to stay which is surely what they would want? Unless it’s a double bluff? 

Spot on. The Hibs undercover mantra is bad darts.

maroonlegions

Seriously wondering if i am going to fork out another £500 to renew my ST.

Beginning to actually think i hate the man, that is a worry  .

One person though is off the radar and that is Mcphee. Cathros assistant, is this  were the tinkering, shite set up ,tactics and even some signings are coming from too. Then there's Daily.  We need a clean out. And who is our scouting master.

Edited by maroonlegions

Randy Marsh
13 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Fair point.

10 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Sacked for getting to a Scottish Cup final? 

That would be impressive. 

Performances and lack of points are the main reasons he has to go.

Budge left it too late to sack Cathro at the start of a new season. Or was it Levein...!

Either way her judgement/timing is questioned.

I genuinely have some regret about renewing my season ticket so early, not to mention getting a ticket for Easter Rd next week. 

Levein is really struggling with interviews at the moment which is reminiscent of the tail end of his international manager days.

It's ironic after all the club has achieved off the field that fans are now so discontented. 

I don't expect Budge to sack him before a a cup final but she could boost season ticket sales by announcing it will be his last game.

Promoting someone from within the club wouldn't necessarily be the answer either unless that person gets off to a flying start like Robbie did in his first season.

Allowayjambo1874

Used to go to every away game I could now it’s only ones that suit me domestically. The last ibrox match where we played 5 defenders, 2 defensive midfielders and relied on Djoum Clare or Wighton for a goal was a shocker and then for it to be shrugged off in the presser by CL as ‘shit happens we move on’ was a disgrace. He’s cheating the fans especially away from home, it’s eye bleedingly bad.

I will renew my season ticket on the deadline but it’s not because of Hearts, it’s because i see my mates and have a laugh with them. I’m not claiming to be an uber fan but been season ticket holder for more years than I care to remember and if I’m considering chucking it then the club has real problems. 

part_time_jambo

??. I was at Ibrox a couple of weeks with the other 500 poor souls. What where you up to ? ??

Don't waste your time trying to reason on here. If you post something they don't like, too many resort to ridiculing instead of debating.

Billybuffjaw
49 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Exactly, David Moyes done an amazing job at Everton, should they get him back? No because he's a past it dinosaur.

Managers only ever do what they know and stick to what they know, football has moved on and guys like Craig Levein haven't.

In what way has football moved on? I've heard this a lot and genuinely would like to know. 

14 hours ago, Prof said:

You should read company articles before spouting garbage.

No need for that. All she has to do is call an egm asking for his dismisssal on performance grounds. Her shares would carry the resolution. It would never get that far in any case. Directors ‘ leave’ companies all the time, usually involuntarily. 

14 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Is it not just a case of the board voting.

That would usually be enough for the director to resign. If not then an egm would do it. 

12 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Worst manager in Scottish football. Probably the worst manager to ever manage Hearts, in terms of completely demoralising the support, and wasting time and money going backwards. 

You have not been around long if you believe your post. 

12 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Worst manager in Scottish football. Probably the worst manager to ever manage Hearts, in terms of completely demoralising the support, and wasting time and money going backwards. 

You have not been around long if you believe your post. 

Jean Louis Valois

Disgrace that a striker we’ve waited 6 months for isn’t even deemed good enough for a place on the bench. That is the managers fault, no one else.

14 hours ago, The Merse said:

We had the same losers backing Cathro to the hilt until that league cup campaign :rofl:

Utterly clueless and get off on calling folk pant wetters. Absolute weirdos.

80%+ on here supported Cathros appointment. Lots of losers. 

Allowayjambo1874
1 hour ago, TheStig said:

Never understood this what he's done for the club in past pish. Who cares its ****ing irrelevant, footballs about the here and now and always had been and right now hes suffocating our club!

Exactly, people arguing on this thread whether or not he’s a legend!! Who gives a ****, stick to the point is he good for the club right now or not? 

Apart from 3-4 individuals the resounding response would indicate he’s not. 

Enough said.

11 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

You're a football fan. Most football fans exaggerate beyond imagination when things are good or when things are bad. And why? Because it's all about emotion - so emotions get the better of fans.

If you seriously didn't regard Cathro's time at Hearts as "clueless, devoid of ideas, spineless and without passion", you're at it. Ditto most of Locke and McGlynn's time at Hearts. Ditto the second year of Laszlo's time at Hearts. Ditto the axis of gash and Frail's time at Hearts. Ditto Rix' time at Hearts. Ditto Levein's second year first time round at Hearts. Ditto 1998/9. Ditto the Hamster's time at Hearts. Ditto Jordan's final 15 months or so at Hearts. Ditto the late 70s and early 80s. And on, and on, and on.

But it's one thing to be hurting: Hearts fans wouldn't be Hearts fans if it didn't matter to all of us. It does. It's quite another to take "well, this isn't going very well right now, is it?", and turn it into "this is the worst Hearts side ever with the worst Hearts manager ever and anyone who can't see it needs to wake up, smell the coffee, take their head out the sand and stop being such a Levein fanboy!"

Is it going well? No. Is it anything like as bad as so many insist? No. As ever, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Great post 

??. I don’t care why he left. I’m just saying why he left. You called him a legend. He won nothing and was doing something he sacked Jack Ross for. Wake up. Gary Mackay Not a  legend on your list ????

It wasn’t Levein that sacked Ross. 

8 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

I would argue McCanns performance against Rangers At Hampson was one of the best performances displayed of wing wizardry I have ever seen in my life at a hearts game - he was simply immense that day - had their full back on toast all game 

as was Hartleys performance against the hobos - utterly destroyed them and Johnson’s performance was excellent with moments of absolute genius  at ibrox 

if we won the cup against rangers that day everyone would now say it was all down to McCanns performance - he was that good 

that’s not detracting from PH and AJ,s performances but they were all unique in their different type of way 

Agreed, it was up there as one of the great performances in my 50+ years of watching Hearts. The other two mentioned were great as well but the opposition McCann faced that day swings it in his favour for  me. 

Billybuffjaw
10 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

**** off levein and take your hoofball with you go and join McLeish you ****ing dinosaurs , disgrace to Scottish football you' are finished like the SFA 

Classy ?

4 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Exactly, people arguing on this thread whether or not he’s a legend!! Who gives a ****, stick to the point is he good for the club right now or not? 

Apart from 3-4 individuals the resounding response would indicate he’s not. 

Enough said.

Its actually terrifying to think where we'd be this season without Naismith. We need him more than we will ever need  levein and his muppets.

Allowayjambo1874
1 minute ago, TheStig said:

Its actually terrifying to think where we'd be this season without Naismith. We need him more than we will ever need  levein and his muppets.

It’s just Levein’s time. There’s a right time to leave a club, the fans have turned against him and he’s not stupid so a statement about leaving after the cup final would allow him to walk away with dignity and might even get the players up to at least compete with Celtic. It’s stale and terrible to watch and without Naismith we are a bottom half spl team. 

I personally just cannot get my get my head around the people who want him to remain. What exactly do they think is going to happen over the next season if he’s in charge?  If evidence of lack of ability to change is required you just need to look at his record v Rangers, it’s mind blowingly bad.

1 hour ago, RudiHMFC said:

Dinosaur 

:facepalm:

Class of 75
11 hours ago, Hercules said:

He was and never has been a Hearts legend. He played for us. 

Sorry have to disagree. He was a great central defender but for injury would gone onto greater things. He was part of a team that regularly smashed Hibs remaining unbeaten in 22 games, ensuring derby dominance. 

Edited by Class of 75

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

Dinosaur 

:facepalm:

You can clearly only be a successful manager if you’re under 50.  The likes of Allegri, Ancelotti and Bielsa are all dinosaurs who know nothing about the “modern” game.

glynnlondon
3 hours ago, Sherbet said:

One of the most damning aspects of the current situation is defeats don't hurt like they should as we sre becoming used to them. Also not being excited about being on a up final.

Absolutely this I'm at the point where I literally couldn't give a shite anymore.

My expectation levels are zero.

First time in decades I can say that.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, To Be Frank said:

You can clearly only be a successful manager if you’re under 50.  The likes of Allegri, Ancelotti and Bielsa are all dinosaurs who know nothing about the “modern” game.

It would appear that they have moved with the times and Levein hasn’t.

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

All of them have been successful through out their careers

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Correct. 

7 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

I was surprised to see that even in Scotland he is one of the older managers. Most in Britain are under 50 these days. Everyone else is moving on.

buzzbomb1958
5 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

Absolutely this I'm at the point where I literally couldn't give a shite anymore.

My expectation levels are zero.

First time in decades I can say that.

Be like me and just enjoy the cup final day out if you look back to the 98 final we were not given a chance against one of the best rangers sides bought with money they didn't have ,but in the end we came through ,cup finals are full of dreams if we need them to win it so be it HHGH

On 21/03/2019 at 08:03, Robbo-Jambo said:

I He can with his present boss I am afraid. 

On 21/03/2019 at 08:19, mitch41 said:

My gaffer was the best.

On 21/03/2019 at 08:39, frankblack said:

There is a fair bit of personal abuse directed at the likes of myself.

Time time to **** him off obviously.

great player, but not this.

Captain Canada

If you take the emotional aspect out of it, Levein should not be manager of Hearts. 

Someone posted yesterday that we've managed 25 points from our past 24 games (possible 72 points). 

I don't expect us to win anything at the start of each season, but if results are going to be bad, I at least expect 100% effort and some entertainment in the form of exciting, attacking football. 

Poor results coupled with poor performances are a recipe for disaster. I do think we have the spine of a good team, but Levein had the opportunity to address the lack of pace and creativity in the past two windows and didn't. 

He said yesterday that the players didn't do what they'd been asked to. If he can't get them to implement his tactics, then what's the point? 

36 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I was surprised to see that even in Scotland he is one of the older managers. Most in Britain are under 50 these days. Everyone else is moving on.

Lots on here demanding we go after Steve Clarke. Think he is older than Levein!!!

husref musemic
4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Lots on here demanding we go after Steve Clarke. Think he is older than Levein!!!

there's logic for you. 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

What difference does that make? At least Clarke has them fighting above their weight with a game plan that involves passing the ball rather than lumping it forward to one man with little or no support. Levein has shown that his signings are at best mediocre and that he has no plan B so irrespective of us getting to a cup final he should be leaving.

husref musemic

Craig Levein's win, loss add draw % are almost identical to Paulo Sergio's and Jim Jeffries (thanks London Hearts)

6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

It's easy to pick the odd example that breaks the rule but in general football managers everywhere are younger.

10 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

What difference does that make? At least Clarke has them fighting above their weight with a game plan that involves passing the ball rather than lumping it forward to one man with little or no support. Levein has shown that his signings are at best mediocre and that he has no plan B so irrespective of us getting to a cup final he should be leaving.

Spot on........one is a very good manager, while the other is a completely clueless manager. 

40 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

If you take the emotional aspect out of it, Levein should not be manager of Hearts. 

Someone posted yesterday that we've managed 25 points from our past 24 games (possible 72 points). 

I don't expect us to win anything at the start of each season, but if results are going to be bad, I at least expect 100% effort and some entertainment in the form of exciting, attacking football. 

Poor results coupled with poor performances are a recipe for disaster. I do think we have the spine of a good team, but Levein had the opportunity to address the lack of pace and creativity in the past two windows and didn't. 

He said yesterday that the players didn't do what they'd been asked to. If he can't get them to implement his tactics, then what's the point? 

Re. your last paragraph, just heard the interview and have to say that was alarming. You’re right, mate, very worrying.

A penny for the players’ thoughts on that !

Edited by Boab

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic