Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

1 hour ago, innerjambo said:

My interest has slowly dwindled over the last 2 years. When Levein walked back into the club, I remember thinking that it was going to be painful to watch all over again. I wasn't a fan first time around,  and this has made me dislike him even more. My expectations are zero no matter what team we are playing, and it will continue until he's gone completely. 

I agree with your expectation levels, I too have no confidence against any team. ATM.

It could well be a good thing, going into the SC final.

Edited by ri Alban

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Enzo Chiefo
6 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Funny. Isn't that what so many insisted about Robbie? Or JJ in Glasgow? 

Why - we must be the unluckiest club in the world to have so many "shitebags" managing us. :rolleyes: 

Riddle me this. Derek McInnes has been in charge of a top 3 side for the past six seasons. In that time, he's won one League Cup (on penalties, against ICT), and lost a huge number of games to Celtic and even Rangers. Why is that? Is it because he's a "shitebag"... or is it because it's actually really really difficult? 

He has finished 2nd for 5 consecutive seasons and reached several Cup Finals. Overcoming Celtic, as we will soon discover, in a Cup Final is no easy task,  however, the level of consistency he has shown in the league proves him to be a superior manager to CL, who has led us to 6th place finishes for the last seasons.

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Why - we must be the unluckiest club in the world to have so many "shitebags" managing us. :rolleyes: 

Riddle me this. Derek McInnes has been in charge of a top 3 side for the past six seasons. In that time, he's won one League Cup (on penalties, against ICT), and lost a huge number of games to Celtic and even Rangers. Why is that? Is it because he's a "shitebag"... or is it because it's actually really really difficult? 

He’s had more wins in the last year against the OF in Glasgow than Levein has had in his whole career, still waiting on his first home victory. Neilson and JJ both won through there too. 

18 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

100% certainty that he will be. Why would it be otherwise? 

Cause we won’t win with him in charge that is 100% 

The Real Maroonblood
4 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Has Levein gone yet? Please God make it happen. 

Unfortunately hell will freeze over before that happens.

BOBTHEBRUCE
On 20/04/2019 at 22:24, OTT said:

Need a new manager.

Neilson 14-15 - Promoted

Neilson 15-16 - 3rd 

Neilson/ Cathro 16-17 - 5th

Cathro/ Levein 17-18 - 6th

Levein 18-19 - 6th *currently and likely to remain. 

Doesn't make good reading. He's had 3 windows since Cathro to remedy the situation. He's not done it.  Neilson certainly jumped too soon and threw a spanner in the works with his leaving, but Levein has not improved us. 

Based on Budge not allowing Levein to be removed from the club - Options.

1.) Stay the course with Levein at the helm. 

2.) MacPhee and Daly take over with Levein returning upstairs.

3.) Ask Neilson back. 

I'm utterly at a loss with this.

MacPhee has to go as well.

He's had too much involvement in all this. 

I'd give the Job to Daly and Fox if there was no chance of a new guy coming in. 

A heavy defeat on Sunday and he has to go.

We need someone who can lift the players to give us the best chance of winning the cup.

With CL and Co at the helm our chances look to be diminishing by the week.

OmiyaHearts
23 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

We need someone who can lift the players to give us the best chance of winning the cup.

Levein survived the 5-0 pumping off Livingston. Unfortunately, There's not a defeat heavy enough that would cost him his job.

He's untouchable.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

9 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

He's won 6 points out of a possible 69 against rangers in his managing career. That is embarrassing considering these last few years have given us the worst rangers sides in history. 

Look at Hibs record against the OF in recent years and look at their players, our squad is better than them imo and they piss all over us in terms of results v them.

Killie have a better record than us v the OF in the last couple of years too on a fraction of a budget of ours.

stop with the excuses and just accept we are humpty and utterly gutless.

Jean Louis Valois
16 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Levein survived the 5-0 pumping off Livingston. Unfortunately, There's not a defeat heavy enough that would cost him his job.

He's untouchable.

Fan power would surely see him removed. The supporters are the most important thing at any football club. If we really turned against Levein he would need to go, a few more bad results this season and I can see it happening 

Calebs Grandad

Simple solution is appoint Roy Hodgson and sign Benzema on a precontract offering £4,500 a week and 2 bed flat in Wheatfield Street at a reduced monthly rental.

Jambof3tornado
54 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

Trying too hard mr troll.

Daly and Fox.. .  Lol

54 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

I'd give MacPhee the job if no one new is coming in. The one part he's had a big involvement in is set pieces and they have actually been fairly successful. Let him have a go at implementing a style as well. He always seems to want the team moving forward quickly when he's on the bench on matchdays 

BOBTHEBRUCE
Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Trying too hard mr troll.

Daly and Fox.. .  Lol

I'm not trolling. 

Who would you put in charge if nobody new was coming in? 

Ann Budge? 

Jambof3tornado
Just now, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

I'm not trolling. 

Who would you put in charge if nobody new was coming in? 

Ann Budge? 

Nobody currently at the club can take us forward, thats obvious to anyone attending this season.

Pick 3 random fans on a match by match basis to setup and run the team that day.  

Genuinely couldnt do worse.

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, Robbo51 said:

I'd give MacPhee the job if no one new is coming in. The one part he's had a big involvement in is set pieces and they have actually been fairly successful. Let him have a go at implementing a style as well. He always seems to want the team moving forward quickly when he's on the bench on matchdays 

Is austin not a risk in the same way that cathro was though? Can we afford to take a speculative punt again.I'd say we are better bringing in an established manager.

letsmakesomenoise
On 21/04/2019 at 00:55, lsimp77 said:

Fully agree. I don’t mind losing, i’m a hearts fan so I’m used to it, but it’s the gutless performances this season that have really pissed me off. I paid £30 to watch us play Celtic at Parkhead in November to pretty much accept defeat before kick off. Same goes with the two games at Ibrox this season. So many games both home and away we’ve just not bothered our arse. People are paying thousands of pounds to follow hearts up and down the country and the performances and attitude of the manger and the players are nothing short of a disgrace. Levein may end up continuing as manager for the next couple of years, and if he does then attendances will suffer. People, myself included, no longer enjoy going to Tynecastle. Earlier this season I couldn’t wait to go, I was counting the days down to Saturday and now it’s almost a chore. Hibs, while we may not like to admit it, are a great example of why you should make a change. Before Heckingbottom came in, their fans were just apathetic towards everything, didn’t enjoy going to games and their attendances were suffering. They’ve now brought in a new manager and he’s injected new life into the club and they’ve completed turned their season around and could possibly end up in Europe after looking desperate just 3 months ago. He should get until the end of the season, but no matter the result of the cup final he should go. We haven’t progressed in over 3 years and some may say we’re going backwards and it would be hard to disagree with them. 

I’m the complete opposite. I don’t mind being beaten, I hate losing.  Theres a subtle difference!  We've lost too many games this season cos we were cr@p, not because the other team were good. And that does my head in .....

BOBTHEBRUCE
5 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Nobody currently at the club can take us forward, thats obvious to anyone attending this season.

Pick 3 random fans on a match by match basis to setup and run the team that day.  

Genuinely couldnt do worse.

I agree, but my choice was made on the distinct possibility that the next manager will come from within. 

I see something in Daly that Cathro doesn't have. 

He doesn't take any shit. 

Edited by BOBTHEBRUCE

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

As soon as Celtic won their semi our chance of winning diminished.

this team of shitebags wouldn’t beat Celtic ladies!!!

On 21/04/2019 at 02:21, Kiwidoug said:

If it's any consolation, Spud Murphy and Arthut Thomson were worse than this lot by a great distance.

It's a wonder Arthur was quick enough to get out the tunnel before the kick-off.

See, it could be worse.

Believe it or not , I saw Murphy score a hat-trick at Tynie once,?

1 hour ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

I agree, but my choice was made on the distinct possibility that the next manager will come from within. 

I see something in Daly that Cathro doesn't have. 

He doesn't take any shit. 

You have to remember that Levein by his own admission is not involved in day to day training and only gets involved a day or so before games to sort out tactics. That won't take long as it's just a hump up the park for Uche.

With that in mind why are we so poor at the basics such as controlling a ball and making a simple pass not to mention making runs into space.

We are so predictable it's unreal so just remember that it's Daly, Fox and McPhee that take these players for training all week.

If Levein goes then the whole lot should go and start afresh yet again.

Edited by wavydavy

7 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

You have to remember that Levein by his own admission is not involved in day to day training and only gets involved a day or so before games to sort out tactics. That won't take long as it's just a hump up the park for Uche.

With that in mind why are we so poor at the basics such as controlling a ball and making a simple pass not to mention making runs into space.

We are so predictable it's unreal so just remember that it's Daly, Fox and McPhee that take these players for training all week.

I don't even believe we train with a ball !

BOBTHEBRUCE
10 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Fingers crossed for a mass clear out. 

The way that Levein constantly looks at Macphee for guidance on the touch line, makes me wonder if he's the manager at all. 

20 hours ago, jambopilms said:

If levein left today still no time to get a decent manager in and sort the team out for the cup final. It's not happening.

Paulo Sergio has already intimated that he'd jump at the chance of a return to Tynecastle. 

Maroon Sailor
3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

His ego won't allow him to leave before the Scottish Cup Final. 

He deserves the chance of leading the team out at Hampden

Nobody can deny him that honour after overcoming the mighty Livingston, Auchinleck Talbot and Partick Thistle at home and the mighty Inverness in the semi final by playing some scintillating stuff.

Hearts fans should be on cloud nine with a cup final to look forward to and that is quite telling in itself.

Nobody wised up to the fact that the only teams to really have done a number on us consistently are Rangers and Celtic.

That's the 2 teams in the league that are better than us, they're bigger, they have better players, more money etc etc etc.

Apart from the Livi aboration away we could have gained many more points, fine margins in most games, home and away. 

The season fell apart when it became rather obvious to everyone that the depth in our squad isn't quite what everybody on here imagined. Of course we're short of quality, that's the way it is. Howling at the moon every time we get shown up for being an average team in a very average league is pathetic.

I'll just keep enjoying watching Hearts and salivating at the countdown of a cup final while the Screwballs lose the plot after every game thankyou very much.

With Mr Levein in charge.????

39 minutes ago, dustybin said:

Paulo Sergio has already intimated that he'd jump at the chance of a return to Tynecastle. 

That’s because virtually no other decent club will hire him. 

1 hour ago, hmfc_steve said:

I don't even believe we train with a ball !

It certainly looks like we don't that's for sure.

46 minutes ago, dustybin said:

Paulo Sergio was as bad in the league as levein. It was a shite season with an over budget but underperforming side. That's forgotten about because of the cup.

I’d think the only additions to the coaching side of things will be Berra and Naismith over the course of the next year or two. Not sure if either will be ready to be head coach any time soon though. 

26 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That’s because virtually no other decent club will hire him. 

19 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Paulo Sergio was as bad in the league as levein. It was a shite season with an over budget but underperforming side. That's forgotten about because of the cup.

But at least his side played with passion and attacking such as Suso Santana. 

Forever Hearts
36 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Nobody wised up to the fact that the only teams to really have done a number on us consistently are Rangers and Celtic.

That's the 2 teams in the league that are better than us, they're bigger, they have better players, more money etc etc etc.

Apart from the Livi aboration away we could have gained many more points, fine margins in most games, home and away. 

The season fell apart when it became rather obvious to everyone that the depth in our squad isn't quite what everybody on here imagined. Of course we're short of quality, that's the way it is. Howling at the moon every time we get shown up for being an average team in a very average league is pathetic.

I'll just keep enjoying watching Hearts and salivating at the countdown of a cup final while the Screwballs lose the plot after every game thankyou very much.

It's actually worrying that we have so many happy clappers like you. 

22 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

So you're forgetting that Levein had us top of the league during the early part of the season, surely the demise is attributed to the huge amount of injuries to key players. 

37 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

:vrface:

3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Please don't worry about me, try putting that energy into getting excited during this countdown to the Cup final.

Just now, dustybin said:

So you're forgetting that Levein had us top of the league during the early part of the season, surely the demise is attributed to the huge amount of injuries to key players. 

There is no doubting that we played some decent football after a pretty ropey start in those dreadful cup games.

We had a full compliment of players and as such we were a bit lucky with the way the fixtures fell for us for a change and nobody knew how to cope with Uche until his injury.

Winning games breeds confidence and the team had that so needed little motivation unlike now when the heads go down CL does not have the style and motivational skills to get them wanting to play for him and it would appear that neither do his backroom team.

Since we have had the series of injuries CL has shown the lack of quality in his squad signings and inability to change his style of play.

3 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Please don't worry about me, try putting that energy into getting excited during this countdown to the Cup final.

I don't think for one minute he was meaning he was worrying about you more the fact it makes it more difficult to get rid of Levein with folk like you.

As for getting excited about the cup final all I do is live in hope that Levein will for once in his life set us up away from home against one of the old firm to try and win the game

4 hours ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

Those set pieces come from MacPhee (the fake **** up ones). He's probably the one guy in the current set up that should be held on to. A few goals have came from them. 

Its a moot point anyway, no ones going anywhere until Budge hands the club back (assuming not asked to to stay on)

1 hour ago, Artful Dodger said:

Those happy pills do work.....

We are an average team in an average league but it doesn’t have to be that way....we could be a good team in an average league if we had a management team who did their jobs properly.

Finishing below St Johnstone, then below Kilmarnock twice in succession, indicates the club hasn’t been getting it right on the park.

Edited by DH1986

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, Artful Dodger said:

100% this ??

Just now, It should have been ten said:

100% this ??

How people can enjoy watching us playing is beyond me. 

Definition of happy clappers.

It should have been ten
3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Those happy pills do work.....

We are an average team in an average league but it doesn’t have to be that way....we could be a good team in an average league if we had a management team who did their jobs properly.

Finishing below St Johnstone, then below Kilmarnock twice in succession, indicates the club hasn’t been getting it right on the park.

Maybe the ‘Robbie oot’ brigade should’ve been careful what they wished for then. No style and no bottle though eh ?

1 minute ago, It should have been ten said:

Maybe the ‘Robbie oot’ brigade should’ve been careful what they wished for then. No style and no bottle though eh ?

Hibs winning the Scottish Cup in 2016 broke them and they couldn’t forgive RN for that.

It should have been ten
12 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Hibs winning the Scottish Cup in 2016 broke them and they couldn’t forgive RN for that.

Exactly. If he wasn't hounded out by the plane hiring fuds and the pishy bed sheet stained waverly brigade we'd be well on target.

Two years of excellent progress halted in it’s tracks. Hope they’re happy now. 

Edited by It should have been ten

52 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Don't feed the troll 

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren pinned and unpinned this topic
  • davemclaren locked this topic