Ann Budge Statement today ( edited )

mitch41

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Give me one instance in world football where a 71 year old grandmother has run a football club well?

Delia Smith is Norwich owner👍🏻

Although she is 78.

Edit: I see others have said this and you have replied.

Edited by Dallas Green

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Spellczech

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

Pasquale for King
43 minutes ago, Boab said:

It was, wasn’t it ?

Supporters ?

That’s us !

First time I’ve laughed about the statement since I read it, cheers 😃👍🏽

1 hour ago, rubyruby said:

I miss those Romanov statements,the GIRUY attitude to everyone & everything 😛

Ann's are rather tame in comparison.

39 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

Even a derby win, and progression in the league cup over Aberdeen, would merely paper over the cracks.  The way Levein sets his teams out and the percentage football he asks them to play is the biggest problem.  It’s been obvious for quite some time.  We need a new footballing management team in place.  Ann Budge has done very well with the financial and infrastructure side of things.  In my opinion she’s being badly advised when it comes to the footballing side.

It's Levein who advises her on the football side of the business. 

1 hour ago, weehammy said:

If Levein was simply appointed ‘Coach for Life’ - in the manner of Robert Mugabe’s presidency of Zimbabwe or Arthur Scargill’s of the NUM - there’d be no need for future demonstrations or statements.

Behave 😀. Demos and any other peaceful means of protest are essential to continue to let her know her decision to back him is not on.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Simple, Ann budge is not. Delia Smith is.

Still no idea what you mean

Have you ever posted anything not remotely sexist?

12 minutes ago, sadj said:

Still no idea what you mean

Have you ever posted anything not remotely sexist?

I have made 29,046 posts that were not sexist.

7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's a mob culture today, the last ten years or so  has seen a change from rational, logical, balanced debate replaced by who can shout the loudest, sing the loudest or repeat the same shite so it somehow becomes fact. 

Pot kettle.

6 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Anyone who thinks Levein is not under the severest pressure as Coach is an idiot. Bear in mind that this is JKB.

Think how few page views/hits there'd be if JKB didn't go into meltdown, less in the coffers to run the place

50 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Behave 😀. Demos and any other peaceful means of protest are essential to continue to let her know her decision to back him is not on.

Lost our SOH now ?

Guest ToqueJambo
11 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Has there ever been a bigger PR disaster at Hearts than that statement she issued yesterday?

Were you asleep from 2004 to 2014?

23 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Has there ever been a bigger PR disaster at Hearts than that statement she issued yesterday?

The beatings will continue until morale improves tone has gone down so well :rofl:

We all love Big Brother

2 hours ago, johnthomas said:

Ok so you are moving on from your original , irrelevant , response to my

post ?

I'm pretty sure you will be well aware of certain media people having an agenda against CL . Therefore not sure why you are asking the question .

There is no agenda. We can’t win games which means the media talks about us. 

Seymour M Hersh
5 hours ago, mitch41 said:

wakey wakey you should read more on-line and look at the polls. 

A poll of over a thousand is a massive sample of the feelings of Hearts fans if you can't understand that i can't help you. Accusing me of inventing figures is a very serious accusation but i forgive you my friend, this time anyway lol.

A poll on the evening hibby? And of course the respondents will all be Hearts fans. You're clearly very naive.

Johnny Sandiego
5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

The signs were there very early on with Budge.  I would get so frustrated at how people would fawn over her so much.  The way she treats the 'average' Hearts fan is nothing short of a ****ing disgrace.  

It is not sexism, it is not ageism it is just a  case of this 71 year old woman is out of touch with being a proper football fan.  "I really want my club to be ruin by a 71 year old grandmother" said no-one EVER!

4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Give me one instance in world football where a 71 year old grandmother has run a football club well?

If its not ageism or sexist then why do you continually mention her age and sex?

99% of the negative comments on here are based purely on her ability to run the football side of the business. The fact that she has backed Levein after 2 poor seasons and a terrible start to this one. 

Its only you who keeps rambling on about her comercial work being a negative (even after she has doubled our turnover) and talking about some made up ethical cruisade. You talk about a sanitised Tynecastle, yet admit you havent even been to a game in over a year. 

You are all over the shop if you think you're not sexist. You're trying to latch onto the genuine discontent a majority of fans have with how the football side is being run, to spread your pish across multiple threads. Have a day off.

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Simple, Ann budge is not. Delia Smith is.

And Karen Brady have in common?

look like women, walk like women oh ...... they are women!! So what, who cares? I’m sure they are all up there amongst the best in their respective roles!

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

I have made 29,046 posts that were not sexist.

58 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

29012 by my reckoning. 

12 maybe

The wording ‘genuine fans’ is without doubt appalling. What is a ‘genuine fan’ in her eyes. The fans protesting last weekend pay their money up front or week in week out to watch their team, are they not genuine. A fan in Canada who pays money into FoH because it’s their way of giving something to the club because they physically can’t get there. Is he less of a genuine fan because he doesn’t get to games??? 

A lot of people on here despite disagreements over the best way forward for the club. Passionate arguments from both sides. Does that make someone wanting Levein gone any less of a fan than someone who doesn’t. No it just means they have different opinions but they don’t care any less for the club no matter which side of the fence they are on.

I’ve never hidden the fact that I didn’t want him appointed to the managers post due to the perceived influence at the club and in my opinion the worst possible shortlist for the managerial position possible. None of those candidates were worthy of being our manager yet apparently there were numerous excellent applicants. The list smacked of people that could be controlled and Billy Davies who there is no way AB would have appointed. 

What is clear is that CL has lost the majority of the support and its highly unlikely that a run of good results would get him back onside with a lot of fans. It really is the end of the line for him.

If AB thinks that the poor run has only been the last 5 games then she is delusional. Other than the start of last season, I’m struggling over the last 2 years to think of another time we had a little consistency. The only thing that has been consistent is playing players out of position, the 29 passes across the back line and midfield looking for movement from our forwards and CL’s bullshyte deflector on when we have a bad result. It’s never his fault.

The injuries line is like a worn out record. Before we signed Naismith and Walker, we knew their injury track record. Naismith I get his signing because he is a class above, Walker was a strange one as he is injury prone and his last few months with us and his time at Wigan proved that. So we go out and sign 2 players who statistically will each play a maximum of 2/3rds of our games.. Haring was brought back for the final when he was still injured. We can’t go on about not having him this season so far as we are the ones who caused it. 

The last part about the media is just pure spin. Pundits are going to have a go at us. We have won 3 league games in the last however many months. The form is relegation form. His substitutions and tactics have every right to be questioned. Moving Clare to right back on Saturday is a case in point. Michael Stewart might have an agenda with CL and it’s fair to say that neither of them cover themselves in glory with some of the comments made but his comments on Sportscene last weekend were spot on, as were Steven Thompson’s.

AB has unfortunately poured petrol on the bonfire of the fans ire at the moment. Nothing can take away what she has done for the club but she has to realise that by Some of the wording in that horrendous statement and not doing anything to try and resolve the problem, she is somewhat tarnishing her own reputation as well

10 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

The wording ‘genuine fans’ is without doubt appalling. What is a ‘genuine fan’ in her eyes. The fans protesting last weekend pay their money up front or week in week out to watch their team, are they not genuine. A fan in Canada who pays money into FoH because it’s their way of giving something to the club because they physically can’t get there. Is he less of a genuine fan because he doesn’t get to games??? 

A lot of people on here despite disagreements over the best way forward for the club. Passionate arguments from both sides. Does that make someone wanting Levein gone any less of a fan than someone who doesn’t. No it just means they have different opinions but they don’t care any less for the club no matter which side of the fence they are on.

I’ve never hidden the fact that I didn’t want him appointed to the managers post due to the perceived influence at the club and in my opinion the worst possible shortlist for the managerial position possible. None of those candidates were worthy of being our manager yet apparently there were numerous excellent applicants. The list smacked of people that could be controlled and Billy Davies who there is no way AB would have appointed. 

What is clear is that CL has lost the majority of the support and its highly unlikely that a run of good results would get him back onside with a lot of fans. It really is the end of the line for him.

If AB thinks that the poor run has only been the last 5 games then she is delusional. Other than the start of last season, I’m struggling over the last 2 years to think of another time we had a little consistency. The only thing that has been consistent is playing players out of position, the 29 passes across the back line and midfield looking for movement from our forwards and CL’s bullshyte deflector on when we have a bad result. It’s never his fault.

The injuries line is like a worn out record. Before we signed Naismith and Walker, we knew their injury track record. Naismith I get his signing because he is a class above, Walker was a strange one as he is injury prone and his last few months with us and his time at Wigan proved that. So we go out and sign 2 players who statistically will each play a maximum of 2/3rds of our games.. Haring was brought back for the final when he was still injured. We can’t go on about not having him this season so far as we are the ones who caused it. 

The last part about the media is just pure spin. Pundits are going to have a go at us. We have won 3 league games in the last however many months. The form is relegation form. His substitutions and tactics have every right to be questioned. Moving Clare to right back on Saturday is a case in point. Michael Stewart might have an agenda with CL and it’s fair to say that neither of them cover themselves in glory with some of the comments made but his comments on Sportscene last weekend were spot on, as were Steven Thompson’s.

AB has unfortunately poured petrol on the bonfire of the fans ire at the moment. Nothing can take away what she has done for the club but she has to realise that by Some of the wording in that horrendous statement and not doing anything to try and resolve the problem, she is somewhat tarnishing her own reputation as well

Great post 

24 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

There is no agenda. We can’t win games which means the media talks about us. 

No agenda ?

Bit like me saying we're winning games .

Horse on 

Just now, Des Lynam said:

What is the agenda then? 

If you don't think MS , GM and others have a bias against CL fair enough . 

My 'horse on' was basically suggesting we end the conversation . We appear to be talking about different things

Guest ToqueJambo
25 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

The focus  on the wording is stupid. What does genuine fans mean to you?

Most people will read that as not including the bigots and social media arseholes. Which is fine by me and probably many others.

All owners have their personal passions and priorities, or campaign for something they believe in or want to change at the club. As owner it’s their right.

Mercer wanted to make the club more of a business, ultimately leading to his misguided belief in a merged hears and hibs.

Robinson believed selling Tynecastle was the only way to save Hearts.

Romanov believed everyone was against him.

Budge believes bigots don’t belong at tynecastle and unlike almost everyone else in Scottish football she’s not afraid to do something about it. . It’s that simple. More power to her.

Also didn’t out shortlist include boothroyd, freedman and pressley? What makes you think they are people who can be controlled?

Edited by ToqueJambo

4 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

If you don't think MS , GM and others have a bias against CL fair enough . 

My 'horse on' was basically suggesting we end the conversation . We appear to be talking about different things

So it’s two people and not an agenda driven by the media as you stated. Glad we got there in the end. 

They are only being given airtime because we’ve been hopeless. 

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The focus  on the wording is stupid. What does genuine fans mean to you?

Most people will read that as not including the bigots and social media arseholes. Which is fine by me and probably many others.

All owners have their personal passions and priorities, or campaign for something they believe in or want to change at the club. As owner it’s their right.

Mercer wanted to make the club more of a business, ultimately leading to his misguided belief in a merged hears and hibs.

Robinson believed selling Tynecastle was the only way to save Hearts.

Romanov believed everyone was against him.

Budge believes bigots don’t belong at tynecastle and unlike almost everyone else in Scottish football she’s not afraid to do something about it. . It’s that simple. More power to her.

Sorry but yet again you fail to respond to the whole post and only focus on the parts you think you can try and argue. 

Personally i don’t care if a Hearts fan sings The Billy Boys or Sean South. Both songs should be consigned to history but unfortunately until Society in Scotland changes, you’re never going to eradicate a minority. 

The wording for for me is aimed at those who were protesting outside the ground and those who post on forums or Facebook pages. I’m sorry, those protesting outside had witnessed yet another embarrassing performance, they’ve paid £400 plus on a Season Ticket or £29 for a match ticket. Does that make them not genuine.

Social media arseholes??? What is one of those. Is it like the 90% of those who responded to the polls on here wanting CL out. Are they social media arseholes. Someone on Facebook who wants CL out, is he a social media arsehole.

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Sorry but yet again you fail to respond to the whole post and only focus on the parts you think you can try and argue. 

Personally i don’t care if a Hearts fan sings The Billy Boys or Sean South. Both songs should be consigned to history but unfortunately until Society in Scotland changes, you’re never going to eradicate a minority. 

The wording for for me is aimed at those who were protesting outside the ground and those who post on forums or Facebook pages. I’m sorry, those protesting outside had witnessed yet another embarrassing performance, they’ve paid £400 plus on a Season Ticket or £29 for a match ticket. Does that make them not genuine.

Social media arseholes??? What is one of those. Is it like the 90% of those who responded to the polls on here wanting CL out. Are they social media arseholes. Someone on Facebook who wants CL out, is he a social media arsehole.

I think you’re wrong. Genuine fans can protest and boo. Bigots and arseholes take it further.

Social media arseholes are very easy to identify. They’re also the liverpool fans who just caused andy robertson to close his twitter account.

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Yes, Robinsons announcement of a move to Murrayfield for one 

45 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

So it’s two people and not an agenda driven by the media as you stated. Glad we got there in the end. 

They are only being given airtime because we’ve been hopeless. 

I stated 'certain media people' some time ago ? 

Sorry but this conversation started with you making a comment about a post I made which had no relevance to my post.

Hopefully it has now ended with you , perhaps wilfully , misquoting me .

I can only assume you have an insatiable thirst for proving yourself right . Even when you are , clearly , wrong .

Now , pretty please with sugar , horse tf on

27 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes, Robinsons announcement of a move to Murrayfield for one 

Hands down !

A shitshow of monumental proportions that makes that statement from yesterday look fabulous.

Just now, Boab said:

Hands down !

A shitshow of monumental proportions that makes that statement from yesterday look fabulous.

Yes and Wallace’s announcement re Hibs takeover is up there as well. 

25 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes and Wallace’s announcement re Hibs takeover is up there as well. 

Yip.

That kinda backfired on the bold Wallace !

Made for one of the best derbies i’ve ever been to at Fester.

An amazing day. Levein scoring of course !

Edited by Boab

3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

A poll on the evening hibby? And of course the respondents will all be Hearts fans. You're clearly very naive.

Hibees would be voting for Levein to stay. Your clearly naive.

Seymour M Hersh
36 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Hibees would be voting for Levein to stay. Your clearly naive.

Not true. Some would but that wouldn't cause strife in the club if there was an overwhelming stay vote. Voting leave puts pressure on the club to act and causes divisions so far more effective. And who said it would only be vermin voting.  

3 hours ago, jake said:

The granny chat is brutal.

And theres no excuse for it.

Child's play to how she probably refers to many Hearts fans.

well thats it like the  Fraser guy  said in Dads Army "We are Doomed " im okay as i have now given up till the loser is gone i dont even look to see how many goals we got beat by any more.