Ann Budge Statement today ( edited )

mitch41

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, graygo said:

Ann Budge is quite right to do what she thinks is the right thing to do and not pander to what the support wants.  If it goes tits up she will carry the can so why not do it her way?

It is going tits up though. Having the temerity to say that seems to trigger her.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Spellczech

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Perhaps Levein is the mysterious benefactor?

He only takes money out the club, if he contributed a penny to the FoH for instance it would be all over the papers. He is a Fifer after all.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, graygo said:

Ann Budge is quite right to do what she thinks is the right thing to do and not pander to what the support wants.  If it goes tits up she will carry the can so why not do it her way?

Successful business people usually listen to what their customers want. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He only takes money out the club, if he contributed a penny to the FoH for instance it would be all over the papers. He is a Fifer after all.

Are you sure

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Successful business people usually listen to what their customers want. 

They also become successful by following their own path and not listening to some

7 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

JKB does not equate to 90% of the support. Why do you just invent figures?

wakey wakey you should read more on-line and look at the polls. 

A poll of over a thousand is a massive sample of the feelings of Hearts fans if you can't understand that i can't help you. Accusing me of inventing figures is a very serious accusation but i forgive you my friend, this time anyway lol.

14 minutes ago, Boris said:

I wonder if she was referring to those that don't graffiti threatening messages on walls and bridges?

Not a far stretch to imagine that is it 😞

10 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Her inexperience in footballing matters is shining through. 

As opposed to your experience ?

Somehow I think she has picked up more experience than you will ever gain in her 5 years in charge

14 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

You think she should sack people based on JKB polls? Seriously? 

We all are entitled to show anger, disillusionment, frustration etc and communicate it as we see fit. I'm a bit surprised that you take JKB polls to Ann Budge but I'm not going to say you are wrong to do it... The only thing open to debate is whether these demonstrations of emotion are unhelpful to the common cause, or downright threatening like "Hang Ann Budge" graffiti...Personally I booed at the end of the Motherwell game but not at halftime -  but that is my personal choice. I don't ask that people join me in my choices so why should everyone have to be waving pitchforks and calling for Levein's head? Levein is on a sticky wicket. He needs a turnaround and he needs it now, immediately.  I expect nobody knows this better than Levein and Budge...I don't think they need me to tell them, but maybe you feel they do need you to do so. That is your prerogative...Taking this a step further - Do I think Ann must listen to you? well, no...

BTW I don't think I voted in any of those 4 polls though I did write a comment on one thread

I am never abusive or swear towards people and condeme these actions directed at Ann Budge. 

5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

wakey wakey you should read more on-line and look at the polls. 

A poll of over a thousand is a massive sample of the feelings of Hearts fans if you can't understand that i can't help you. Accusing me of inventing figures is a very serious accusation but i forgive you my friend, this time anyway lol.

It's not really though. It is like online product reviews. The only people who do them are unhappy customers. A 90% poll of 1000 people can only equate to maximum 5% of the Tynecastle crowd at most... and an even smaller % of the Hearts support. I suspect more than 5% booed at the stadium on Saturday... 

2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I am never abusive or swear towards people and condeme these actions directed at Ann Budge. 

Yep me neither. Some people use the football as a vent for life's frustrations. That is their choice. I don't have kids so I don't even object to those who swear in front of children at the stadium, but i totally understand those parents who do...

4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Somehow I think she has picked up more experience than you will ever gain in her 5 years in charge

Now now your being cheeky to CJGJ. Leave that to me being cheeky to the Levein Defence League who's membership is dwindling by the hour. 

8 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Come on eh! The 'she knows more than you so you can't criticise her' for her lack of knowledge is a poor line of defence. He isn't suggesting he should replace her.

2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Now now your being cheeky to CJGJ. Leave that to me being cheeky to the Levein Defence League who's membership is dwindling by the hour. 

Cheeky but not abusive..just remember that !!

Genuine fans

:seething:

I just can't let that lie.

Many on here have been members of kickback longer than she has been a ****ing Hearts fan!

2 minutes ago, kila said:

I am wondering when the last time (if ever) Ann has praised Hearts fans publicly

You in need of a hug? Come on, who cares...She has a business to run and she takes issue with some of her customers who are idiots, and others, who are not those idiots, but choose to show solidarity with the idiots than support her stance...Everyone has a choice, but you have to be an adult and recognise that we are not sheep and people may take different positions. I have different opinions from Mitch41 and we nip at each other, but he does engage and discuss. I respect his right to his opinions even when I'm being snidey towards him! 

6 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

It's not really though. It is like online product reviews. The only people who do them are unhappy customers. A 90% poll of 1000 people can only equate to maximum 5% of the Tynecastle crowd at most... and an even smaller % of the Hearts support. I suspect more than 5% booed at the stadium on Saturday... 

Funny how polls in Levein’s favour many months ago were rammed down our throats by the LDL! 🤔

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Come on eh! The 'she knows more than you so you can't criticise her' for her lack of knowledge is a poor line of defence. He isn't suggesting he should replace her.

He stated she lacked experience..I suggest 5 years in charge refutes that idea

13 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I didn't make the statement though.

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Funny how polls in Levein’s favour many months ago were rammed down our throats by the LDL! 🤔

The fact you have decided there is a LDL is more funny! 

Polls are BS IMO, but others think not...

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Indeed!

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Thanks for clearing that up.

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Are you sure

Yeah he’s definitely from Fife. Have you any proof to say he is a FoH member?

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

The fact you have decided there is a LDL is more funny! 

Polls are BS IMO, but others think not...

Funny?? I find it tragic that the LDL (we all know who they are) are still bashing away with ludicrous excuses for Levein daily.

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

They also become successful by following their own path and not listening to some

Show me an example of a successful business that ignores the wishes of the majority of their customers?

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah he’s definitely from Fife. Have you any proof to say he is?

Well there is his birth certificate which is a matter of public record

Have you evidence to show he's not ?

3 hours ago, Mdoug79 said:

I agree, she isn’t going to be able to make massive changes before the 2 big games we have so she has to show solidarity. She can’t throw her manager/DOF under the bus before these games without having things in place. 

I fully believe Ann has a timescale in mind (possibly after Aberdeen game) where she makes a decision. But her public support for the manager for me is a good thing. If CL does get sacked and we want a good level of replacement whoever he is will want to know he will get the backing of the chairman when things aren’t going as well as they should. All that said it doesn’t mean that Ann isn’t thinking about movements. 

I agree that there’s no point this week sacking him and leaving MacPhee, Daly, Fox etc... to run the show because they are as culpable for this shitshow.

If that was the case, she could have come out and said that, “we are drawing up a shortlist of candidates and will begin interviews shortly. In the meantime Craig will continue as manager in the interim until a successor is found.”

She’s going to look a bit daft if she has backed him publicly, then we lose the next two and she is forced to sack him, or worse, she continues to back him. She’s actually in danger of making her own position untenable.

Thinking ahead...

It’s the worst run of form in like, forever. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Craig’s now going to have to go on a run of 12 games or so, with maybe only one or two defeats to get us back into a top 4 spot. At the moment that seems ridiculously impossible and it probably is.

The position is because of the improbability of him winning 8 or 9 in the next 12, he’s going to have to go at some point soon, otherwise we’re finishing mid table at best. That is why I cannot understand the position she has taken. It seems foolish.

I’m sceptical that the board are/have considering or considered replacing Levein tbh. It seems like they have some plan and they are sticking to it. 

Edited by Cruyff Turn

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Funny?? I find it tragic that the LDL (we all know who they are) are still bashing away with ludicrous excuses for Levein daily.

I think it might need to be extended to LBDL.

Show me an example of a successful business that ignores the wishes of the majority of their customers?

once more skewing the post to try and suit your viewpoint..I take it the word 'some' was missed by you

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

Well there is his birth certificate which is a matter of public record

Have you evidence to show he's not ?

Nope just the likelihood that it would’ve publicised don't you think? Players have contributed and it’s been in the media.

5 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I like many do not boo. Now i poll like a survey gives you a very good idea of what the feelings of the fans.

I think a sample of 1000 plus is great.

Pasquale for King
Just now, CJGJ said:

once more skewing the post to try and suit your viewpoint..I take it the word 'some' was missed by you

So you can’t show a successful business that ignores the majority of its customers then. Good attempt at deflection though 👍🏽.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Every big utility company which turns a profit. Ever tried complaining to the them? Every Sky customer who doesn't watch football but has to cross-fund the EPL; Every big US corporation which syphons its UK business through the likes of Luxembourg to avoid paying a share of UK Corporation taxes...There are loads of them.

Nope just the likelihood that it would’ve publicised don't you think? Players have contributed and it’s been in the media.

I could tell you he has but it wouldn't matter to some..things have moved past that point

So you can’t show a successful business that ignores the majority of its customers then. Good attempt at deflection though 👍🏽.

Once more sad that you cannot debate but no surprise

Thanks for agreeing with me though it makes things so much simpler

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I agree that there’s no point this week sacking him and leaving MacPhee, Daly, Fox etc... to run the show because they are as culpable for this shitshow.

If that was the case, she could have come out and said that, “we are drawing up a shortlist of candidates and will begin interviews shortly. In the meantime Craig will continue as manager in the interim until a successor is found.”

She’s going to look a bit daft if she has backed him publicly, then we lose the next two and she is forced to sack him, or worse, she continues to back him. She’s actually in danger of making her own position untenable.

Thinking ahead...

It’s the worst run of form in like, forever. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Craig’s now going to have to go on a run of 12 games or so, with maybe only one or two defeats to get us back into a top 4 spot. At the moment that seems ridiculously impossible and it probably is.

The position is because of the improbability of him winning 8 or 9 in the next 12, he’s going to have to go at some point soon, otherwise we’re finishing mid table at best. That isn’t why I cannot understand the position she has taken. It seems foolish.

I’m sceptical that the board are/have considering or considered replacing Levein tbh. It seems like they have some plan and they are sticking to it. 

There are many examples of folk sticking to a plan and it ending in disaster because they won’t or can’t adapt quickly enough. She seems to work in seasons, sacking Cathro before the league started for example. Football is not a rigid business where you can stick to a plan for years, especially if it isn’t working.

MarkDevriesScores4

If all the non genuine fans (in Ann’s eyes) cancelled their pledges, the FOH would be non existent. I’ve criticised those threatening to cancel their DDs up till now but as we are apparently no longer “genuine fans” there will be no requirement for our cash now will there.

What a patronising statement. 

49 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Totally agree.

That was a "Get on message , guys. If you don't you're not a real fan. Suck it up . We have a plan , it's a good plan, it's a great plan . CL is a good man, a great man who will achieve great things. Just believe,  like me & the board do . Last season wasn't good because of injuries, lots of injuries, lots of terrible injuries.  This season , not so bad, but not good. But it will be good. Make Hearts great again". Applause.

Summed up pretty perfect 👍🏻

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Every big utility company which turns a profit. Ever tried complaining to the them? Every Sky customer who doesn't watch football but has to cross-fund the EPL; Every big US corporation which syphons its UK business through the likes of Luxembourg to avoid paying a share of UK Corporation taxes...There are loads of them.

Is that the majority of their customers complaining about that? Once again for the hard of thinking no business will be successful if they ignore the wishes of the majority of their customers, football especially.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

If all the non genuine fans (in Ann’s eyes) cancelled their pledges, the FOH would be non existent. I’ve criticised those threatening to cancel their DDs up till now but as we are apparently no longer “genuine fans” there will be no requirement for our cash now will there.

What a patronising statement. 

If we did that she would be there longer, as would Levein. If anyone wants to get him out and now her the best way is for us to take over. I wonder what the mystery benefactors think, like us they gave their money without wanting it back with interest.

The signs were there very early on with Budge.  I would get so frustrated at how people would fawn over her so much.  The way she treats the 'average' Hearts fan is nothing short of a ****ing disgrace.  

It is not sexism, it is not ageism it is just a  case of this 71 year old woman is out of touch with being a proper football fan.  "I really want my club to be ruin by a 71 year old grandmother" said no-one EVER!

2 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

We have carried a fair bit of luck to accumulate 2 pt to be fair. Conceivably we could easily be sitting on zero.

We should have lost 4 nil to RC at home.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

The signs were there very early on with Budge.  I would get so frustrated at how people would fawn over her so much.  The way she treats the 'average' Hearts fan is nothing short of a ****ing disgrace.  

It is not sexism, it is not ageism it is just a  case of this 71 year old woman is out of touch with being a proper football fan.  "I really want my club to be ruin by a 71 year old grandmother" said no-one EVER!

Not sexist at all... pffft. Give your ****ed up wee head a rest man ffs.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Once more sad that you cannot debate but no surprise

Thanks for agreeing with me though it makes things so much simpler

I can debate all you want, what i won’t do is put up with Levein apologists who have no proof or facts to back up their viewpoint.

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

There are many examples of folk sticking to a plan and it ending in disaster because they won’t or can’t adapt quickly enough. She seems to work in seasons, sacking Cathro before the league started for example. Football is not a rigid business where you can stick to a plan for years, especially if it isn’t working.

I’m thinking of some future scenarios here which I don’t believe they have truly thought through.

If we finish mid table, get knocked out the cups early doors and Craig’s still incharge, Ann still at the helm... How many people are going to bother their arse buying a season ticket next season? It’s already went from 14,000 plus, to whatever it is now, continually dropping season on season. We must have lost around 3,000 different individual season ticket holders in the last 3 seasons. That isn’t sustainable for a club, that’s poor management. 

We have to finish top 4 this season and fight for cups. At some point there has to be a cut off point. Me personally it was 5 games, after taking into account last season. October or November is too late to make a change and save the season. Surely they realise this? 

Edited by Cruyff Turn

Just now, BobbyJenkins said:

Not sexist at all... pffft. Give your ****ed up wee head a rest man ffs.

Correct, it is not sexist.

To not want one woman out of 4 billion to run my club is not sexist.

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Is that the majority of their customers complaining about that? Once again for the hard of thinking no business will be successful if they ignore the wishes of the majority of their customers, football especially.

I don't know why this is up for debate. You state something that is broadly accepted as a given, yet the posters who put themselves up for being sensible, sane and patient waste time drilling down into it trying to find examples. The first ones to moan if somebody on the flip side of the debate says anything even slightly off topic.