Ann Budge Statement today ( edited )

mitch41

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Just another made up ‘stick’ to beat the club with. Suspect there’s more than a few who don’t really want things to get better. They enjoy the slagging, abuse, moaning etc. Fair do’s - everyone finds their fun in their own way. 

What an idiotic thing to say. 

Why do you think there is all this moaning and abuse as you put it!!! 

Because people are desperate for it to get better. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Spellczech

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

pettigrewsstylist
50 minutes ago, leginten said:

Budge really has painted herself into a corner. If we were to be embarrassed at Easter Road on Sunday - not entirely unlikely given how dispirited the players look at the moment - the calls for Levein to go would surely be irresistible. What would she do then? Stick to her guns?

It takes a lot of spine to back the unpopular horse in the face of adversity. In many ways i admire her for that and its to her credit! If she truly believes in project Le vein then she is right to do so.

I think she is wrong, but accept i may be so, also.

28 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Agreed, a defeat takes him into a negative win loss record against them. What will be will be. We can only hope.

Just in his second term with us. 

1 minute ago, rick witter said:

Folk on here having been moaning since our first season back in the top flight. Even when we were second or third in it. 

annushorribilis III
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Give me one instance in world football where a 71 year old grandmother has run a football club well?

Dear god, you're worse than yesterday and that's saying something.

Some folk are confusing 'lack of leadership' with 'not doing what the majority of people want to be done'.  The majority of Hearts fans want a change in management - sorry, folks, but that's a basic fact on the evidence of all the information available.  I said earlier, the easy path for the leader to take here is to bow to that noise; the difficult choice is to wait it out.  Ann Budge is showing strong leadership in that sense.  What remains to be seen is whether or not she is making the correct decision.  Again, the evidence of the past few months would suggest she is simply putting off the inevitable.

I don't know how much longer she has in mind, but it's hard to see how anything other than a convincing win on Sunday keeps Levein in a job for one more game.  However, I kind of thought he had to win against Motherwell...

Whatever happens, let's try not to make it personal.

2 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

It takes a lot of spine to back the unpopular horse in the face of adversity. In many ways i admire her for that and its to her credit! If she truly believes in project Le vein then she is right to do so.

I think she is wrong, but accept i may be so, also.

She certainly came out fighting, but unfortunately she got a lot wrong. If Levein himself had come out with the “genuine fans” insult, I would have expected her to sack him - or any other manager - on the spot. Her failure to recognise that injuries are not an excuse for close on a year of terrible results and equally terrible football was not impressive. And, as I mentioned yesterday, there was something disingenuous about the statement when compared to her previous public utterances about the way things are done at the club. Within the space of a few weeks we’ve gone from a portrait of a cosy, slightly bumbling set-up where she discovers almost by accident that various procedures are not actually in place to being expected all of a sudden to believe that she and the other directors are giving Levein the third degree every week. 

That’s obviously a response to the mounting dissatisfaction. But it wasn’t at all convincing. 

12 minutes ago, ford donald said:

League form,worse in the spll,had enough excuses to last a lifetime, that's what I am on about.cup final who did we beat to get there? 

To be fair, in the split we were generally resting players for the final. Would we have done better, if we hadn't  been, is impossible to say.  Overall though our league performances have been poor. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

To be fair, in the split we were generally resting players for the final. Would we have done better, if we hadn't  been, is impossible to say.  Overall though our league performances have been poor. 

What were our performances like in the split the season before when we never had a cup final?? 

In fact what is our record in the last  2 seasons against the other top 6 teams under Levein. I don’t know the answer but I bet it makes grim reading. 

Leading up to a cup final can’t be used as an excuse for losing every week. He doesn’t even have that excuse this season. 

annushorribilis III
1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

Worth pointing out the fixtures for the next 12 matches!!

Hibs - A

St Mirren - A

Kilmarnock - H

Rangers - H

Livingston - A

St Johnstone - A

Celtic - H

St Mirren - H

Kilmarnock - A

Rangers - A

Livingston - H

Motherwell - A

Maybe a maximum of 3 or 4 wins in there.

<puts passport renewal form back in drawer>

1 hour ago, Mister Dee said:

This press release has been a massive mistake by Budge, and you can feel the fans starting to really turn on her. 

If my friends are reflective of others fans, there appears a real desire to get her away from the Club much sooner than previously thought. 

Fundamentally, she had misjudged how angry the supporters are about the lack of leadership at the Club just now

Arguably fronting up the critics and saying how it is, is a form of leadership?

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Successful business people usually listen to what their customers want. 

Yes but they still make their own judgement and stand by it.

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Won’t affect you Mitch. You didn’t like her before the statement was issued. Many others the same. 

Now that is totally wrong. Having been in her company once I really like the lady and what she has done for the business side of the club from the new stand, new pitch, new shop and ticket office etc. My only issue with Ann is her failure to deal with the mismanagement of our players and team. I believe her biggest mistake is Levein.

52 minutes ago, rick witter said:

What were our performances like in the split the season before when we never had a cup final?? 

In fact what is our record in the last  2 seasons against the other top 6 teams under Levein. I don’t know the answer but I bet it makes grim reading. 

Leading up to a cup final can’t be used as an excuse for losing every week. He doesn’t even have that excuse this season. 

The post-split In season 17/18 was nothing to write home about. Won 1 and lost 4. Granted the win was against Hibs but we still finished 6th, 10 points behind 5th.

2 hours ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

If all the non genuine fans (in Ann’s eyes) cancelled their pledges, the FOH would be non existent. I’ve criticised those threatening to cancel their DDs up till now but as we are apparently no longer “genuine fans” there will be no requirement for our cash now will there.

What a patronising statement. 

Was it you she said wasn't a genuine Hearts supporter?

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I didn't see any kind of ultimatum in the statement ?

The statement was a put down to grumbling fans and the media and showed no signs that any kind of change was being considered.

A public vote of confidence is not usually a direct ultimatum. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, rick witter said:

Some Have been moaning and abusing since we were 3rd under Robbie. 

6 minutes ago, Boab said:

The post-split In season 17/18 was nothing to write home about. Won 1 and lost 4. Granted the win was against Hibs but we still finished 6th, 10 points behind 5th.

Exactly so out of 10 post split fixtures we have one once!!! 

Just another of the piss poor stats to add to this clown in charges CV!

It really beggars belief he is still in charge. 

She contradicts herself throughout her statement , 

The plan has gone awry , Not just 5 games but three seasons of dross and monies wasted .

He never learns , martin ,sammon, vanacek , oshaniwa, all given long term contracts , when they don't perform we are stuck with them what do we do only offer Naismith a four contract when he,s coming to the end of his career and is obviously injury prone  ,what about the 200k for Wighton what a waste  as  he,s never to be seen ..

Shaun clare walks into the team every week yet is appalling whilst we ship cochrane out on loan .. cochrane who last year sat on the bench nearly every game yet never played hardly what was the point of that .

We get players in from other teams and develop them whilst our own home grown talent are left out .. so much for the big plan .

Never mind the poor football we all have to watch .. 

Can she not see that the big plan is non existent and a new direction needs to be taken .

She installed Levein as he had experience and supposedly would know how to avoid these mistakes he clearly doesn,t he is absolutely clueless. 

How she needs to wait another couple of games to decide whether he can carry us forward is beyond me .

Why does anyone wants to give him the next two games he,s had 5 years as DOF and we are a shambles. 

Edited by eyes open

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Just another made up ‘stick’ to beat the club with. Suspect there’s more than a few who don’t really want things to get better. They enjoy the slagging, abuse, moaning etc. Fair do’s - everyone finds their fun in their own way. 

Just to clarify are you saying I made this up or that i8 has made this sanitised version of Tynecastle?

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The tone was quite clear. She believes in the plan they (?!) have made. It’s only 5 (?!) games into the season. Injuries (?!) are to blame.

I thought 2 defeats in the next week would see him off but after that statement last night, there is no chance of that.

She’s bound herself to Levein. This wasn’t her issuing the ‘dreaded’ vote of confidence. This was her nailing her colours to the mast. Things will need to get a lot worse (?!) before she makes a change.

Grim.

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's funny how many folk have taken her statement to be directed at them.

:levein_interesting:

It was, wasn’t it ?

Supporters ?

That’s us !

27 minutes ago, Boris said:

Arguably fronting up the critics and saying how it is, is a form of leadership?

Arguably! 

I’m generally supportive of her actions, but feel we’re clearly in free fall just now -& for me, leadership isn’t to let things continue as they are but to react. 

The only 2 ways Budge can come out of this with any credit is if Levein resigns, or we (miraculously) get our act together and go on a run.  

I’ve nothing against either of them, and sincerely hope we turn our form around -starting on Sunday. 

Being realistic though, there’s nothing to suggest that much will change over the next few months under the current manager -given the previous 12 month period. 

1 minute ago, Mister Dee said:

Arguably! 

I’m generally supportive of her actions, but feel we’re clearly in free fall just now -& for me, leadership isn’t to let things continue as they are but to react. 

The only 2 ways Budge can come out of this with any credit is if Levein resigns, or we (miraculously) get our act together and go on a run.  

I’ve nothing against either of them, and sincerely hope we turn our form around -starting on Sunday. 

Being realistic though, there’s nothing to suggest that much will change over the next few months under the current manager -given the previous 12 month period. 

Don't really disagree with you there Mister Dee.

Third way is for Levein to go back to being DoF, role and remit crystal clear and transparent, we get a new manager appointed for the first team.

Compromise on all sides.

4 hours ago, Ribble said:

That's what kinda annoyed me the most tbh

I wonder in her business career would she have acted in the same way? 

Can you imagine the CEO statement on Newell & Budge annual accounts saying any of the following:-

- Sales are lower than projected for the third year running

- The Sales Director believes he can still meet target for the coming year despite first quarter sales being less than 20% of target and the lowest in the market when compared to the 11 other competitors in the market

- The Sales Director and the board are attributing the low sales figures to long term absence of key sales staff despite recruiting extra sales staff of equal or better standard

- Market feedback has indicated that our product is poor value for money but the board believe that it is a lack of understanding on the customers part and that the product development is on plan and moving in the right direction

- The overall financial position of the company is strong therefor we have every faith that the Sales Director will hit target in the coming year for the first time in 13 quarters 

Since AB done a part 2 thought i'd do the same!

These are some excerpts from the Chairwomans comments from the Annual Report of Newell & Budge Holdings for the 2004 accounts (year before they sold to Sopra) Can we have 2004 AB please?

'the continuing commitment to putting customer interests first and providing outstanding customer service'

'It has also been a highly exciting year where the group has embraced change with enthusiasm and vigour'

'I would also like to thank our customers for their continued loyalty and long standing support'

Glamorgan Jambo
2 minutes ago, Boris said:

Third way is for Levein to go back to being DoF, role and remit crystal clear and transparent, we get a new manager appointed for the first team.

Compromise on all sides.

Your third way is what I'd like to see happen too.

Just now, Boris said:

Compromise on all sides.

Yes, you’re right. I’m not sure if he’d want to stay after the outpouring of disapproval recently, but it’s possible. 

We all want to see an improvement in the results -& entertainment, and it’s hard to see it happening anytime soon. 

It’s a pity he didn’t leave after the Cup Final. 

28 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You said: "Vote of confidence usually means a few key games to get things on track or that's it "

This was a Vote of Confidence in the work Ann and Craig are doing, with no hint of action being taken if it continues. An actual Vote of Confidence in herself.

19 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Never alienate your customers. Business motto. 

Apart from the 'let us chip in and send her some flowers' brigade she has alienated the entire fanbase.

1 minute ago, Boris said:

Compromise on all sides.

Levein needs to be out of the club altogether.The man is all about smoke and mirrors.Roger Arnott heads up the academy.Kirk runs the reserves.We have a chief scout.Rankin runs the u18s.We would have a first team manager.Do you honestly think that putting  a "disorganised"(Budges words")Craig Levein failed manager ,at considerable cost,to run it all  is a good compromise.

5 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

What is the agenda? 

Ok so you are moving on from your original , irrelevant , response to my

post ?

I'm pretty sure you will be well aware of certain media people having an agenda against CL . Therefore not sure why you are asking the question .

Even a derby win, and progression in the league cup over Aberdeen, would merely paper over the cracks.  The way Levein sets his teams out and the percentage football he asks them to play is the biggest problem.  It’s been obvious for quite some time.  We need a new footballing management team in place.  Ann Budge has done very well with the financial and infrastructure side of things.  In my opinion she’s being badly advised when it comes to the footballing side.

Edited by Getintaethem