Ann Budge Statement today ( edited )

mitch41

15 minutes ago, farin said:

She’s shot herself in the foot with that comment today, did no one at the club read that prior to it’s release & say to her “maybe leave out the genuine fans bit as it might be a PR disaster”. 

Sign of a rudderless ship.

I'm firmly of the belief that there is no plan b , no plan a either tbh , the continued disaster in all areas around the first team and the mismanagement of it.

Years of incompetence and a few wish to display this inaction as some kind of strength.

A statement that in reality says eff all apart from a sly dig.

Quite astonishing really the ongoing mess of the past few years , it really is.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Spellczech

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

You clearly haven't read this thread.

think they might be referring to the previous 2 or 3 years when anyone with the insight to question queen Ann :lol: was shouted down and called a  hibs fan by the subservient masses

its taken a great number of these statements for the true message to get through but at last the penny's dropping

mrs b has done some great things for hearts but let's be honest she can only be ar$ed with customers in the family student tourist or submissive demographics - the first 3 sets don't appear to be filling tynecastle and the last one is eventually reducing too

think she's got it right giving levein the Derby tho

7 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

This is a wake up call, a huge wake up call. The fans will shortly own the club so I think it’s high time we started to mobilise and start planning for that eventuality. I support Ann Budge as I think she’s doing a great job. However she’s currently failing on the football side of things. She is backing a manager and DOF that is categorically failing on every front. 

We all need to start thinking as a support immediately exactly WHO we want as chairman when Budge departs? Who do we want as manager? What system do we want to follow? We need to identify these people as soon as possible. 

I was previously hoping Budge stayed on to steady the ship but she is increasingly burning bridges and her legacy may be left in tatters if she doesn’t manage this current problem effectively.

I gather from her statement levein will get a few more games to turn it around if he doesn’t I bloody well hope there’s an effective plan B that takes into consideration and respects the majority of supporters will to remove Levein’s hand completely from this great club.

Absolutely spot on! 👍

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, farin said:

We will indeed, but we won’t be in the firing line when it goes pete tong on the pitch, that’s the good part. No one will be singing sack the board. 😄

Maybe “we’re in the wrong hands”?

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Its a 'Young Frankenstein' reference. 

I see, it’s been a long day 🤪

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 hour ago, farin said:

We will indeed, but we won’t be in the firing line when it goes pete tong on the pitch, that’s the good part. No one will be singing sack the board. 😄

There is an element that no doubt will be singing sack the board and throwing their toys out the pram if they don’t agree with a substitution made in a game. Thats almost a given with how society is now.

If she has had a go at the arseholes who were demonstrating on Saturday trying to "storm" the entrance of the new stand, had a go at the cretins who take to social media and post vile abuse aimed at her and her family, had a go at the likes of Michael Stewart with his personal agenda then good for her.

She will be away from the club soon enough and is quite right to have a pop back at the ones who have had plenty to say about her.

Honest to God, folk getting their knockers in a twist about her comment regarding genuine fans, have you read some of the shit she has had thrown at her? These are the same people that have been chucking around the term snowflake recently too. I think I know who the snowflakes are.

The protests etc aren't hatred , they are abject frustration.  I'm not going to turn into an apologist for Levein but the injury toll over the last 12 months has bern horrendous.  Unfortunately for him though, the rot set in well before that.  Some of the players he signed were dreadful and the Cathto experiment was catastrophic.

We are where we are however and the support has remained outstanding.  The one constant.

I'm just hoping for the best now.  If levein can turn it around.  Well done.  If he can't, and we'll know that soon enough, out the door completely.

9 minutes ago, graygo said:

If she has had a go at the arseholes who were demonstrating on Saturday trying to "storm" the entrance of the new stand, had a go at the cretins who take to social media and post vile abuse aimed at her and her family, had a go at the likes of Michael Stewart with his personal agenda then good for her.

She will be away from the club soon enough and is quite right to have a pop back at the ones who have had plenty to say about her.

Honest to God, folk getting their knockers in a twist about her comment regarding genuine fans, have you read some of the shit she has had thrown at her? These are the same people that have been chucking around the term snowflake recently too. I think I know who the snowflakes are.

Not going into if i agree or disagree with her statement however I do think that its a fiery statement and the first time in a couple of years we have seen such a fiery response from her. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
10 minutes ago, graygo said:

I think the phrase "genuine fans" was bang out of order, personally. While there were knobends protesting after the game on Saturday, I'm also sure there were a significant number who are simply pissed off at the club's current run of form and demanding change. Similarly, to then infer that if you weren't protesting that you are in the "genuine" bucket, as you are, is again wrong.

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I think the phrase "genuine fans" was bang out of order, personally. While there were knobends protesting after the game on Saturday, I'm also sure there were a significant number who are simply pissed off at the club's current run of form and demanding change. Similarly, to then infer that if you weren't protesting that you are in the "genuine" bucket, as you are, is again wrong.

I only read it skimming as I was training where did she infer that?

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

I only read it skimming as I was training where did she infer that?

I am referring to graygo's interpretation.

4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I am referring to graygo's interpretation.

No worries picked it up wrong happens at 3am. Thats my excuse tonight anyway

11 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I deliberately aimed it at the one's who "stormed" the entrance to the new stand, don't have a problem with folk protesting but that is a step too far.

ps. I never used the term "genuine fans" either. I said "arseholes". Maybe Ann Budge should have said "arseholes"

Edited by graygo

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, graygo said:

I deliberately aimed it at the one's who "stormed" the entrance to the new stand, don't have a problem with folk protesting but that is a step too far.

To be fair, someone making the old Gareth Hunt Nescafe sign at angry people will cause a reaction. Not that that justifies that reaction.

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

To be fair, someone making the old Gareth Hunt Nescafe sign at angry people will cause a reaction. Not that that justifies that reaction.

Yes that was a bit stupid.

Jambo in Japan

If her role in the club is to oversee business matters and club structure, then she's made a fundamental mistake in appointing both the Director of Football and the 1st team Head coach as the same person. That was widely pointed out 2 years ago when Levein took over the first team, and there could only have been two outcomes. Either Hearts start winning league titles and become a European force, or things turn sour and there becomes time for a change of manager. One of those situations was significantly more likely than the other, and that was not at all difficult to understand, regardless of her football experience.

Putting the club back into a financially secure state, renovating the stadium and maximizing our commercial income streams is great, but she's responsible for the footballing situation we find ourselves in by abusing the Director of Football/Head Coach model, and fans have right to be upset at that.

The results over the last 11 months reflect abject failure, with a cup final appearance papering over the cracks. The number of injuries is absolutely not down to bad luck, players have been dreadfully managed, and this has gone totally unscathed. A DoF would have sacked the Head Coach in any other situation where they were not performing both roles.

I've heard that Levein's future lies on the Aberdeen game, as a loss there is set to lose us the most money, but I'll believe it when I see it.

The Real Maroonblood
7 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

Ann Budge should go down in history as one of Hearts greatest ever employees. She was the saviour we all prayed for, a legend from the stands with the opportunity to leave a legacy never to be seen again. 

She is destroying this all by herself through blind loyalty and faith in someone who is not up yo the job and clearly has some form of control over her. 

This statement is a total insult to all "genuine" fans of the club.

:spoton:

Don't get me wrong, I'm in the Budge, Levein, MacPhee, Daly, Fox, Murray, Medical team OUT camp. 

But maybe her genuine Hearts supporters was aimed at the guy who spray painted for her to be hung. I'd imagine it shook her a bit.

Edited by PaulHartley10

10 minutes ago, PaulHartley10 said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm in the Budge, Levein, MacPhee, Daly, Fox, Murray, Medical team OUT camp. 

But maybe her genuine Hearts supporters was aimed at the guy who spray painted for her to be hung. I'd imagine it shook her a bit.

If that was the case she could have said ‘all hearts fans except the one who wanted to hang me’

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If that was the case she could have said ‘all hearts fans except the one who wanted to hang me’

Quite. An actual reprobate and yet most of us are reading that thinking who is she having a go at exactly?

I'd like to know her criteria for a "genuine Hearts fan". If in her eyes it is someone who fawns over the vermin, then include me out!

joondalupjambo
12 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

Could be the dreaded vote of confidence followed by a sacking soon

Yeah I posted along those lines in another thread.  Think behind the scenes she has given him a few more games to turn it around then if no improvement he is gone but also think she will go either at same time or at end of the season.

Both their postions becoming untenable given the content in the statement.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
10 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Truly a joke of a post

The owner who saved the club does not need that nonsense and you should apologise

Nah, that was up there with Pieman's parasite comment. This genuine fan won't renewing my season ticket while they're there.

I’m glad Ann has released a statement and I’m glad she has stated that she will not be pushed into making any knee jerk decisions. I like that she will not tear up our plan and start again 5 games into a season. No im not happy with our onfield performance but I’m glad the women in charge doesn’t make a decision based on threats and protests overnight. We need our chairman/women to be strong and organised. She has proven again she is. I do fully believe that behind the scenes she is planning and calculating how best to change it if and when to change it so that we can continue our plan rather than tearing it all up and starting again. I just don’t get the hatred of Ann. Football is a business and needs run like one nowadays. Rash knee jerk reactions are not business decisions. I get we are a football team but we are ran like a business nowadays that’s the only way to get anywhere. 

Very brave and selfless statement in my eyes. Shows her strength and determination to make the right choices for the club even when under presssure from protests and media storms. Some of us may not see it but one day you will be glad she is this way. 

Ive lost faith in Levein but will support him and hope he can turn it around. But ann has my backing all the way!!

1 minute ago, Mdoug79 said:

I’m glad Ann has released a statement and I’m glad she has stated that she will not be pushed into making any knee jerk decisions. I like that she will not tear up our plan and start again 5 games into a season. No im not happy with our onfield performance but I’m glad the women in charge doesn’t make a decision based on threats and protests overnight. We need our chairman/women to be strong and organised. She has proven again she is. I do fully believe that behind the scenes she is planning and calculating how best to change it if and when to change it so that we can continue our plan rather than tearing it all up and starting again. I just don’t get the hatred of Ann. Football is a business and needs run like one nowadays. Rash knee jerk reactions are not business decisions. I get we are a football team but we are ran like a business nowadays that’s the only way to get anywhere. 

Very brave and selfless statement in my eyes. Shows her strength and determination to make the right choices for the club even when under presssure from protests and media storms. Some of us may not see it but one day you will be glad she is this way. 

Ive lost faith in Levein but will support him and hope he can turn it around. But ann has my backing all the way!!

5 games into the season? You really sucked it all up eh?

33 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

So you are one of those so called genuine fans that the rest of us are not 

39 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

:spoton:

Geoff Kilpatrick
40 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

There's no hatred of Ann. There is incredulity at her questioning the authenticity of Hearts fans. Do you regard yourself as genuine?

7 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

This frustrates the life out of me. Players like Cochrane and McDonald being sent to Dunfermline whilst our midfield is absolutely dross and lacking any form of creativity & energy. Keena barely getting a sniff.

These players will no doubt end up leaving down the line for nothing. 

Spot on.  The fact we have just loaned in a Man City youngster says it all.

4 hours ago, sadj said:

Not going into if i agree or disagree with her statement however I do think that its a fiery statement and the first time in a couple of years we have seen such a fiery response from her. 

Agreed, she is showing a bit of bottle and we should at least recognise that. Her and Levein have taken an inordinate amount of stick on here in recent times and now she comes out with one message of rebuttal and all those who have been slagging her can’t take it. Taking sides isn’t what it’s about but mob rule rarely solves a problem. 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Agreed, she is showing a bit of bottle and we should at least recognise that. Her and Levein have taken an inordinate amount of stick on here in recent times and now she comes out with one message of rebuttal and all those who have been slagging her can’t take it. Taking sides isn’t what it’s about but mob rule rarely solves a problem. 

taking sides is exactly what it is about. Ann has sided with Levein and against a very large section of the support. 

8 hours ago, farin said:

She’s shot herself in the foot with that comment today, did no one at the club read that prior to it’s release & say to her “maybe leave out the genuine fans bit as it might be a PR disaster”. 

Nonsense. The statement is measured and clear. 

Budge is absolutely right not to do what other randoms from the outside tell her to do, whether they be fans, media or Michael Stewart who is neither...

Just now, Spellczech said:

Budge is absolutely right not to do what other randoms from the outside tell her to do, whether they be fans, media or Michael Stewart who is neither...

Other randoms from  the outside includes the clubs support but don't let that get in the road of your fawning.

5 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

I'm assuming Stuart Wallace and the FOH would have seen and agreed with this statement before it went out?

If they did and didn't pick up on how badly it would be received you have to question their judgement and if they didn't see it before the statement went when it mentions backing of the board then that's telling in it self 

How can she say he does not run the football club , she tells us the person who reports to the board after each game, the manager, is also the director of football and board member also, of course he will say he is doing a great job.

She has fell for his shite hook line and sinker and we all have to suffer.

Every manager out there will be doing his best behind the scenes, putting in the hours etc,  but results on the park are what counts, and unfortunately we have a board/owner who are not interested in results or the fans.

Shame that this is going to end badly for all.

Just now, GinRummy said:

Other randoms from  the outside includes the clubs support but don't let that get in the road of your fawning.

We are all the support, and we are not on the Board. We are customers not owners at this point. I don't know the inner workings of the club and neither do you so, so lose the feeling of self-importance and recognise it for the truth it is.

Turns out the worst thing about the statement is that is has given some folk petrol to fling on flames.   The outrage from some who feel they can post what they want with impunity (particularly on Twitter; I don't do FB) is laughable.

And the suggestion that once 'we' own the club 'we'll' get to call the shots just demonstrates a few people obviously don't realise what they have signed up for.  More outrage to come on that front, maybe.

Overall, the statement hasn't helped matters and has possibly made things worse.  Mrs Budge has misjudged her audience, or has aimed in one direction and hit another.

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

No it doesn't.  You just want to be outraged because the change you wanted hasn't been delivered.

6 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

The statement is measured and clear . It demonstrates strong leadership whilst quashing agenda driven media speculation . You don't have to agree with her on CL to see this .

1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

We are all the support, and we are not on the Board. We are customers not owners at this point. I don't know the inner workings of the club and neither do you so, so lose the feeling of self-importance and recognise it for the truth it is.

It is not self importance. Let us see where ignoring the support gets her. The only truth the support are interested in is getting out of one of the worst runs in the history of the club. Funnily enough most football fans aren't interested in theinner workings of the club or what goes on in  the boardroom. What they are interested in is football. They are at the end of their tether and if she can't see that and act on it then it will bite her on the arse spectacularly.

3 minutes ago, Haken said:

No it doesn't.  You just want to be outraged because the change you wanted hasn't been delivered.

The change i wanted? Just me then?

1 hour ago, joondalupjambo said:

Yeah I posted along those lines in another thread.  Think behind the scenes she has given him a few more games to turn it around then if no improvement he is gone but also think she will go either at same time or at end of the season.

Both their postions becoming untenable given the content in the statement.

😃😃😃

Nobody knows the extent of the conversations that have taken place at board level.

But I think you’re  right mate so far as Levein goes, I dont think Ann will be going anywhere fast.

Always a rollercoaster ride with us 😂

5 minutes ago, Gambo said:

How can she say he does not run the football club , she tells us the person who reports to the board after each game, the manager, is also the director of football and board member also, of course he will say he is doing a great job.

Every manager out there will be doing his best behind the scenes, putting in the hours etc,  but results on the park are what counts, and unfortunately we have a board/owner who are not interested in results or the fans.

Don't you realise that she is defending HER plan? When you attack Levein as failing, it is Budge you are attacking as everything is her plan, her way of applying her business experience to football...That is what this statement reveals.

Personally I am willing to give Ann Budge more time, and yes that does obviously mean giving Levein more time. Things are obviously pretty bad at the moment, but if anyone deserved a longer leash than the norm it is Ann Budge...

24 minutes ago, big man said:

So you are one of those so called genuine fans that the rest of us are not 

12 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

There's no hatred of Ann. There is incredulity at her questioning the authenticity of Hearts fans. Do you regard yourself as genuine?

29 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Incredible isn’t it. 

57 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

5 games into the season? You really sucked it all up eh?

We are 5 games into the season. We have spent the summer planning for this season and signing players that CL wanted as part of the/his plan. To sack him 5 games in is “tearing up the plan 5 games in” I don’t get how people don’t see that?! Yes last season was bad but this season is a different season. 

So let’s say we sack CL and take a new manager in....he cannot get CL’s players to play how he wants as after al they are CL’s players we get to January and are still bottom of the league, what do we do? Sack the new manager and tear up another plan? or is it CL’s fault? If we were nearing the end of a season or January I would agree in sacking him but not this early. 

As for Ann, I like that she doesn’t buckle to every protest. Surely we all want someone strong to lead our club? Someone who wants what is good for our club or do we get rid of her for a chairman who is only in it for a nice salary??  Really?? 

You only have to read these pages to see the hatred by some towards Ann! It’s incredible. The 1st sign of trouble and we turn on the women who has made us twice the club we were! Unbelievable. 

As for me being a “genuine fan” yes I am, I don’t go to many games due to location and work but go as often as I can, I pay my DD every month, make 1 off donations and support no matter what, I don’t cancel DD’s because I don’t agree with everything the club do! I donate coz it’s my club. Simple as that. 

I certainly haven’t labelled anyone “not a genuine fan like me” and take offence to you suggesting that! I can only assume you have that mentality before you thought that. 🙈

10 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Pipe down, Gambo. You’re just some random. An attention seeker who can’t see the Big Picture. 

Are you genuine? Don’t make me laugh. 

😏

2 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Don't you realise that she is defending HER plan? When you attack Levein as failing, it is Budge you are attacking as everything is her plan, her way of applying her business experience to football...That is what this statement reveals.

Personally I am willing to give Ann Budge more time, and yes that does obviously mean giving Levein more time. Things are obviously pretty bad at the moment, but if anyone deserved a longer leash than the norm it is Ann Budge...

It is their plan.

Are you suggesting Budge decided on the DoF model, the academy restructure, the coaching structure on her own? 

Why not keep the plan but with different people? Is that not how a business would do it?