*****New Craig Levein Poll 31/08*****

Whatever

*****New Craig Levein Poll 31/08*****  

1,302 members have voted

1. 1. Should craig Levein....

• Remain in position as head coach and director of football
    • Leave/be removed from his role as head coach but remain at the club as Director of football
    • Leave/be removed from his role as director of football but remain at the club as head coach
    • Leave/be removed from the club completely

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

What exactly is the mess. Serious question  

How bad is it. What is the worst we are fearing?

Both of Levein season's have seen strong runs of form including a club record run of clean sheets,  a destruction job on the hitherto invincible, decent cup form and 3 months where we topped the league. 

Its not just conceivable he would turn it round but likely. 

But yet deeply concerned he can't. 

It's just not so clear in my mind based on the evidence we are heading for armageddon,  more likely underachievement which maybe is enough anyhow to terminate 

So you think everything's ok down Gorgie way, aye! 

In case you haven't noticed, we canny win a game for toffee, our play is slow & tedious, our forwards canny score, our keepers are terrible, any decent players we have, keep getting injured,play long balls all the time, coaches that don't know WTF their doing, & we have manager that seems to be oblivious to everything, & quite frankly, couldnae organise a piss up in a brewery.

Forgive me but, that is one ###king MESS.......IMO

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Pasquale for King

• 1874robbo

• Jambo-Fox

Adam_the_legend
1 minute ago, rmreido said:

In case you haven't noticed, we canny win a game for toffee, our play is slow & tedious, our forwards canny score, our keepers are terrible, any decent players we have, keep getting injured,play long balls all the time, coaches that don't know WTF their doing, & we have manager that seems to be oblivious to everything, & quite frankly, couldnae organise a piss up in a brewery.

Nah, don’t worry, jam tomorrow 🙄

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, rmreido said:

Don't think I said that.  You think we will get relegated then?

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Don't think I said that.  You think we will get relegated then?

If Levein stays, then relegation is huge possibility, the table doesn't lie.

Think the only way out of this for Levein and MacPhee is to hold another Meet the Management night.

The thought of the dreadful duo of Cathro and MacPhee pitching up to tell the fans how they set up the team to lose every week still makes me laugh.  The gall of them.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/in-full/11-things-we-learned-from-hearts-meet-the-management-event-1-4440923

51 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Gary. Locke.

tenor.gif

To be absolutely fair Frank Levein has played almost identical tactics to Locke for most of this year right down to the Gary Locke high diagonal to the wings from kick off on several occasions. There's little difference between them. 

Edited by Jodami

Lord Beni of Gorgie
25 minutes ago, rmreido said:

By the same token,  he was in line to win it this time last season 

16 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

By the same token,  he was in line to win it this time last season 

Sir Gio, i hoped that, but i certainly didn't think we would win it, you obviously want him to stay, your choice.

when Cathro was sacked, I didn't want Levein as manager, & I don't want him now.

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

If we lose to Motherwell, Hibs and Aberdeen do you think that “vitriol” would be unreasonable Des??

It will be awful to witness but not unreasonable. 

On current form he won’t see October as Hearts manager. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, rmreido said:

Sir Gio, i hoped that, but i certainly didn't think we would win it, you obviously want him to stay, your choice.

when Cathro was sacked, I didn't want Levein as manager, & I don't want him now.

As usual I am on the fence. I see both arguments,  but 4 abject results are pushing me closer. Half time on Saturday and during Motherwell game I saw some light. 

But we need a run of form desperately not bits of it.

I'm just not desperate for a lynching. Who knows what comes out of that

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

It will be awful to witness but not unreasonable. 

On current form he won’t see October as Hearts manager. 

Agreed Des

3 hours ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Locke would have won more points that Levein so far. Probably would have done better last season too. 

Is that the Locke that got us relegated because he could not cover the points deduction - Levein would have kept us up!

3 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

And Levein would have done better with a 15 point penalty and a signing embargo would he????  Not a chance!!!

Oh yesssss he would!!

22 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Is that the Locke that got us relegated because he could not cover the points deduction - Levein would have kept us up!

Aye right! 😂

Bridge of Djoum
3 hours ago, rmreido said:

It doesn’t lie but it does seduce you after 4 games. 

FWIW, before I get tagged as a happy clapper Levein bitch boy, I’d like him to step aside from managerial duties. 

4 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

It doesn’t lie but it does seduce you after 4 games. 

FWIW, before I get tagged as a happy clapper Levein bitch boy, I’d like him to step aside from managerial duties. 

Did you mess up your vote?

Walter Bishop

93% of over 1000 fans on here want him at least removed as head coach. I'd say that is probably relative to our fan base. 

Ann Budge thinks he is doing a good job. 

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

78 people think he should remain as head coach and director of football. That is scary and genuinely worrying. 

Majority of which are the trolls on here I'd bet. 

The Old Tolbooth
2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

78 people think he should remain as head coach and director of football. That is scary and genuinely worrying. 

Yes but when you break it down, it's only around 7%, which means that 93% of the Hearts support want him removed from his first team post at the very least, the 78 are very much in the minority now and we could almost name them on here! 

2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Why? Because some people have other opinions and believe that Craig should be given longer to pull it out of the bag?

There are far scarier and genuinely worrying things in life. I suppose at least you're not shaking with rage or anything like that.

51 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

Majority of which are the trolls on here I'd bet. 

And I'd bet they aren't. They're just folk with different opinions to the majority.

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Why? Because some people have other opinions and believe that Craig should be given longer to pull it out of the bag?

There are far scarier and genuinely worrying things in life. I suppose at least you're not shaking with rage or anything like that.

How long do you give him now then?

the same thing was getting said last season.

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

And I'd bet they aren't. They're just folk with different opinions to the majority.

Correct.

I’m quite happy to let this play out naturally. He needs huge results in his next 3 games and if he doesn’t get them, he is done.

On the other hand, if he gets those results and turns things around, he stays.

It’s really quite simple. 

1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

How long do you give him now then?

the same thing was getting said last season.

I don't give him any time at all. You're confusing my defence of the opinion of those who want to give him more time with actually having that opinion. I voted that he remain as DoF but not manager, although even with that I would want his player recruitment role as DoF to be of lesser importance than the new manager's as regards the actual selection of targets.

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I don't give him any time at all. You're confusing my defence of the opinion of those who want to give him more time with actually having that opinion. I voted that he remain as DoF but not manager, although even with that I would want his player recruitment role as DoF to be of lesser importance than the new manager's as regards the actual selection of targets.

No problem :thumbsup: 

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

Correct.

I’m quite happy to let this play out naturally. He needs huge results in his next 3 games and if he doesn’t get them, he is done.

On the other hand, if he gets those results and turns things around, he stays.

It’s really quite simple. 

I think if I actually wanted him to stay as manager (if I were Ann, for example), I would have given him definitive "line in the sand" season and half-season targets. However if our results were shocking after the first round of 11 fixtures then immediate action would be taken. I would be surprised if action were to be taken before that first round of fixtures is over.

8 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I think if I actually wanted him to stay as manager (if I were Ann, for example), I would have given him definitive "line in the sand" season and half-season targets. However if our results were shocking after the first round of 11 fixtures then immediate action would be taken. I would be surprised if action were to be taken before that first round of fixtures is over.

Yes, I agree. If we lose to Motherwell, even draw now tbh, it’s curtains for Craig. 

Need a break from ex Hearts players managing team affairs for a while.

Whilst Levein, Locke, JJ & others have all had the clubs best interests at heart it’s painful to watch their demise & the inevitable slaughtering they get on here when it goes wrong.

It might cost us but the cost of finishing sixth again & maybe out both cups would be more costly.

Forever Hearts
25 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I was obviously meaning in a sporting sense, but then you probably know that. And how 8, never mind 78, could've watched the utter garbage served up recently and still back him is utterly mindboggling. 

3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I was obviously meaning in a sporting sense, but then you probably know that. And how 8, never mind 78, could've watched the utter garbage served up recently and still back him is utterly mindboggling. 

I don't think it is mind boggling at all. Some folk genuinely think he can still turn it around. I'm not one of them, but I don't think those folks should be demonised for having that opinion.

6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I don't think it is mind boggling at all. Some folk genuinely think he can still turn it around. I'm not one of them, but I don't think those folks should be demonised for having that opinion.

Fair point but there’s a fair few who back Levein are demonising other posters for wanting him gone.

it’s all about opinions.

6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Of course not.

I’d love to be proved wrong and be sitting in a LC Semi and climbing the League after hosing Motherwell, Hibs, St Mirren and Killie.

I just can’t see that. In fact it looks fanciful even contemplating it.

5 minutes ago, Boab said:

Of course not.

I’d love to be proved wrong and be sitting in a LC Semi and climbing the League after hosing Motherwell, Hibs, St Mirren and Killie.

I just can’t see that. In fact it looks fanciful even contemplating it.

Yes, sadly it does. :(

It should have been ten
47 minutes ago, redjambo said:

46 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Well said 

16 hours ago, Hearts_fan said:

I'll stand by my opinion. The percentage of Hearts fans who want rid of Craig Levein is not 95%. 

16 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

My opinion that I’ll stand by is that it’s about 96% who want him out as head coach 

So you agree it's not 95%...

:levein_interesting:

:kirk:

It’s not purely and simply a case of giving him time to turn it round. It’s about balance. Balance of risk V time. By that I mean this.

What potential damage can be done to the club by giving him time to turn things round V potential damage of getting rid and starting again with a new manager?

People have been calling for change for a long time now. Apart from 2 disappointing 6th place finishes what damage has actually been done? I admit the support is split on him but across the country at virtually every club supports are split on managers?

Man U fans are split on Solskjear. Emery at Arsenal has their fans divided. Apart from a few obvious examples like Klopp at Liverpool or Pep at City fans all over are divided on managers so I don’t think we should be overly worried about that particular negative. There are people on here who enjoy nae revel in ramming this down the JKB collectives throats as if it’s the best “Levein oot” ammunition but in reality it’s a poor argument.

Keeping him on longer could mean another poor league campaign? It might not. We don’t have crystal balls telling us the future. If we change manager the new incumbent may not improve league position and in fact may end up worse off?

Keep him on longer causing fan unrest. Well we saw what happened with Robbie? Do we really want to go down that particular road again? That whole plane banner thing was vomit inducing in its embarrassment to the club (in my opinion).

Get rid now.

Whole process has to start again. Levein and his team will need paid off and a process started to replace costing time and money. First team playing under a temp coach. Will this damage league and cup performances? Almost certainly. No guarantees a new coach will have the same relationship with the players that Levein does. This is not up for argument as it is extremely well documented how much respect ALL the players have for Levein. A new guy might not have this rapport.

Players like Berra and Naismith came to us to play for the club and play for Levein. We are attracting players we would not historically have attracted and building relationships with PL clubs we historically have not been able to do because of Levein. Do we rip this up and start again if a new manager isn’t able to continue these relationships?

I voted for him to stay because I’m big enough and ugly enough to way all this up in my mind and come to a decision. That decision is based on the above. I understand 100% why others want him out now and I refuse to ram my decision down the throats of others and respectfully ask others on the other side do similar.

Lastly I back the club. That means I back the owner, manager, coaches, players and fans. I trust the order of management from bottom to top to make the decisions that I and everyone in here is not capable of making. If we were we would be running the club. Ann Budge is a talented individual who despite not knowing a huge amount about football (name me an owner that does by the way? and another JKB mythstick used frequently on here) has taken this club from the very brink of extinction to a thriving and successful business the envy of the majority of football fans in Scotland.

I therefor fully trust her in the decision making going forward.

Absolute Scenes
6 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

It’s not purely and simply a case of giving him time to turn it round. It’s about balance. Balance of risk V time. By that I mean this.

What potential damage can be done to the club by giving him time to turn things round V potential damage of getting rid and starting again with a new manager?

People have been calling for change for a long time now. Apart from 2 disappointing 6th place finishes what damage has actually been done? I admit the support is split on him but across the country at virtually every club supports are split on managers?

Man U fans are split on Solskjear. Emery at Arsenal has their fans divided. Apart from a few obvious examples like Klopp at Liverpool or Pep at City fans all over are divided on managers so I don’t think we should be overly worried about that particular negative. There are people on here who enjoy nae revel in ramming this down the JKB collectives throats as if it’s the best “Levein oot” ammunition but in reality it’s a poor argument.

Keeping him on longer could mean another poor league campaign? It might not. We don’t have crystal balls telling us the future. If we change manager the new incumbent may not improve league position and in fact may end up worse off?

Keep him on longer causing fan unrest. Well we saw what happened with Robbie? Do we really want to go down that particular road again? That whole plane banner thing was vomit inducing in its embarrassment to the club (in my opinion).

Get rid now.

Whole process has to start again. Levein and his team will need paid off and a process started to replace costing time and money. First team playing under a temp coach. Will this damage league and cup performances? Almost certainly. No guarantees a new coach will have the same relationship with the players that Levein does. This is not up for argument as it is extremely well documented how much respect ALL the players have for Levein. A new guy might not have this rapport.

Players like Berra and Naismith came to us to play for the club and play for Levein. We are attracting players we would not historically have attracted and building relationships with PL clubs we historically have not been able to do because of Levein. Do we rip this up and start again if a new manager isn’t able to continue these relationships?

I voted for him to stay because I’m big enough and ugly enough to way all this up in my mind and come to a decision. That decision is based on the above. I understand 100% why others want him out now and I refuse to ram my decision down the throats of others and respectfully ask others on the other side do similar.

Lastly I back the club. That means I back the owner, manager, coaches, players and fans. I trust the order of management from bottom to top to make the decisions that I and everyone in here is not capable of making. If we were we would be running the club. Ann Budge is a talented individual who despite not knowing a huge amount about football (name me an owner that does by the way? and another JKB mythstick used frequently on here) has taken this club from the very brink of extinction to a thriving and successful business the envy of the majority of football fans in Scotland.

I therefor fully trust her in the decision making going forward.

Well done for being honest mate! Really good post

I've been standing by Levien ,but I'm now on the fence

Its not just the football side of things that needs considering. Its the calibre of players we've been attracting (some guff as well like) but guys like Naismith, Whelan Washington etc, I truly believe Levein has played a big part in getting them - which is why we need to consider if its wise to chuck him altogether...if he stays upstairs and is only in charge of things transfers wise, academy wise and lets another manager get on with being a manager that might work. But there is danger in calling for his head without weighing everything up, despite his management record, he has done a hell of a lot for us.

13 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Sorry I may have missed it - but where did anybody say they wanted Gary Locke on a permanent basis???

Gary Locke's record in 2013-14 season

Played 38

Points 38 (15 deduction not applied)

Craig Levein's last 38 league games

Played 38

Points 41

Keeping in mind the relative situations at the club 2013 and 2019, it's pretty clear that Gary Locke is a far better option than Craig Levein :)

19 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Well done for being honest mate! Really good post

I've been standing by Levien ,but I'm now on the fence

Its not just the football side of things that needs considering. Its the calibre of players we've been attracting (some guff as well like) but guys like Naismith, Whelan Washington etc, I truly believe Levein has played a big part in getting them - which is why we need to consider if its wise to chuck him altogether...if he stays upstairs and is only in charge of things transfers wise, academy wise and lets another manager get on with being a manager that might work. But there is danger in calling for his head without weighing everything up, despite his management record, he has done a hell of a lot for us.

Yeh we have been attracting a good calibre of player and they all deserve great credit for that.

these players don’t just walk away if the management team go, they’re under contract to play for the club.

Also who is to say a new manager coming in won’t attract equally as good players to the club and actually get a tune out of the ones we have?

its all ifs and buts tbh but I’m still on the “I want him out side of the fence”

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, graygo said:

Edinburgh football is proper shite just now, weeteam.net open again and their poll has 88% wanting rid of Heckingarse.

So they’re 12% are trolls just like on here.

Fairly sure it would take a board meeting and a vote to get rid of CL. So unless there is one coming up or an emergency meeting is called, he isn't going anywhere anytime soon.