*****New Craig Levein Poll 31/08*****

Whatever

*****New Craig Levein Poll 31/08*****  

1,302 members have voted

1. 1. Should craig Levein....

• Remain in position as head coach and director of football
    • Leave/be removed from his role as head coach but remain at the club as Director of football
    • Leave/be removed from his role as director of football but remain at the club as head coach
    • Leave/be removed from the club completely

Just now, Noah Claypole said:

I agree, I've met him on numerous occasions and found him honest and forthcoming and I'm 100% convinced he has the best of intentions for our team going forward.

Unlike a bullshitter. 

I think Levein probably does have the best of intentions. I don't doubt that he's trying his best etc.

However results and performances are nowhere near good enough, we've performed below expectation for 3 seasons in a row.

We need a change to re-energise both the club and it's supporters. Otherwise we will be trapped in this spiral of negativity.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Pasquale for King

• 1874robbo

• Jambo-Fox

Ok 

Deflect the post. 

Your insult deflected any point you tried to make.

3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

So Levein wasn’t a PHM 15 years ago when he cast Hearts down as a “provincial Club” but he’s changed and now he is???? 😂

Maybe was a very phm and knew what was coming. There were some of us who suspected that the Romanov era would end in tears at a very early stage. 

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

And there you go - typical LDL disciple - can’t resist the name calling.

And you have never called Craig Levein ‘names’? 

That makes you a LDL disciple? 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Maybe was a very phm and knew what was coming. There were some of us who suspected that the Romanov era would end in tears at a very early stage. 

At what early stage??  When Levein jumped ship?  Don’t think so.

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

I agree, I've met him on numerous occasions and found him honest and forthcoming and I'm 100% convinced he has the best of intentions for our team going forward.

Unlike a bullshitter. 

Changed your username still posting the same pish.

Just now, soonbe110 said:

And you have never called Craig Levein ‘names’? 

That makes you a LDL disciple? 

Eh? You do know what LDL refers to?

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

And you called me a “bullshitter”! 😂

I support HMFC - not the current Head Coach - clear??

I didn't call you anything. 

I will call you a liar and a charlatan though desperate for attention on a fans forum. 

You didn't see the game yesterday, that much is obvious. You've never met Craig Levein yet name drop him and your seethe at every given opportunity when the consensus is quite the opposite. 

Your a fake. 

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Fair enough. Doyle Smith Berra Soutar Naismith Whelan Washington are all internationalists, some of them with many caps. They should all be doing better regardless of the coaching I think. 

The squad is as strong as it’s been for the last 6/7 years at least. Coaching issues and injuries are combining to do us down it would seem. 

You have to say that injuries have definitely been an issue. Is coaching an issue? That's subjective. 

Or is the nervousness that is apparent from the players down to another factor?

3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Changed your username still posting the same pish.

Haven't changed your username and still posting the same pish.

The Real Maroonblood

Haven't changed your username and still posting the same pish.

Your a fake Artful Dodger.

:P

5 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Eh? You do know what LDL refers to?

No idea. Just pointing out that you said in a recent post that ‘name-calling’ was for members of the LDL. You have been known to ‘name-call’ so I assume you are a member. 

I will call you a liar and a charlatan though desperate for attention on a fans forum. 

You didn't see the game yesterday, that much is obvious. You've never met Craig Levein yet name drop him and your seethe at every given opportunity when the consensus is quite the opposite. 

Your a fake. 

You're getting desperate now!

”Liar” and a “charlatan” is worthy of report but I won’t.

I was in my usual seat in the Wheatfield on Saturday - first game back in 1965, ST holder for 30 years, shareholder, FoH contributor.

I’ve met Levein at numerous corporate events over the years, and at Tynecastle during the construction of the new stand.

So I suggest you “fake” off!  👍

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No idea. Just pointing out that you said in a recent post that ‘name-calling’ was for members of the LDL. You have been known to ‘name-call’ so I assume you are a member. 

LDL = Levein Defence League

👍

5 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Pretty sure that Michael Stewart is behind a couple of these usernames.

I can’t stand Michael Stewart so Not guilty! 

5 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

And you're what? 60+ years old.

Oh dear!

Just a bit of banter - a term another poster came up with. Is it worse than “pant wetter”??

Going by some of your posts I couldn’t possibly hazard a guess at your age! 😉

23 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Your a fake. 

Were you looking in the mirror when you wrote that garbage.

It's not up for debate that Levein is a PHM. He is whether folk like it or not. Moving south to try his hand with Leicester doesn't question that either.

His 2019 track record with Hearts....that is most definitely up for debate.

Again....I believe it's time for a change. 

5 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Just a bit of banter - a term another poster came up with. Is it worse than “pant wetter”??

Going by some of your posts I couldn’t possibly hazard a guess at your age! 😉

You've got to admit that's it's really not very good banter though is it?

Still, you're not Michael Stewart so all good 🙂 Even though LDL sounds very Michael Stewartish 😉

As for my age. I'm old enough to know better, but young enough not to care!

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

What part of the article makes him less of a ‘PHM’, in you two guys’ view? 

Chaps? ...

Baffling how many people have voted to keep him at the club as DoF. He should have zero influence whatsoever moving forward, he’s overseen the Cathro disaster as manager and now his own spell.

Get him completely away altogether.

9 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

There has to be an announcement tomorrow. 

I'll make one now. 

According to the results of the poll so far .....

Levein haters are in the minority so ..

Get behind your team and support them!

16 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

You've got to admit that's it's really not very good banter though is it?

Still, you're not Michael Stewart so all good 🙂 Even though LDL sounds very Michael Stewartish 😉

As for my age. I'm old enough to know better, but young enough not to care!

Bully for you 👍

10 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Chaps? ...

It's been covered quite comprehensively on the thread already but calling Hearts a provincial club and then jumping ship to Leicester doesn't particularly strike me as something most Hearts fans would do, especially not a 'PHM' (for clarity I hate that phrase).

7 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I'll make one now. 

I doubt there’s very few people actually “hate” him. What’s not in doubt is that 95% of the fans no longer want him as manager. Can’t see how he can continue tbh

25 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

It's not up for debate that Levein is a PHM. He is whether folk like it or not. Moving south to try his hand with Leicester doesn't question that either.

His 2019 track record with Hearts....that is most definitely up for debate.

Again....I believe it's time for a change. 

Good post 👍

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It's been covered quite comprehensively on the thread already but calling Hearts a provincial club and then jumping ship to Leicester doesn't particularly strike me as something most Hearts fans would do, especially not a 'PHM' (for clarity I hate that phrase).

Provincial was a bad term to use. Moving from Hearts to Leicester, even 15 years ago, was potential career progression. Not sure how anyone can blame him for that. Add to that the unknown of Vlad. How long do you think a single-minded Scottish manager would have lasted under Vlad?  Reality suggest about 9 games. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Provincial was a bad term to use. Moving from Hearts to Leicester, even 15 years ago, was potential career progression. Not sure how anyone can blame him for that. Add to that the unknown of Vlad. How long do you think a single-minded Scottish manager would have lasted under Vlad?  Reality suggest about 9 games. 

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/romanov-was-straw-that-broke-the-camel-s-back-for-levein-1-671653

Says himself mind was made up but Romanov and the uncertainty cemented that decision.

It's funny he mentions he was fed up of the protests etc years ago but he's happy to stay on when he is aware fans don't want him this time around.

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

What Jambo could hate Levein ffs. I ****ing love the guy. I just do not want him as our manager.

Possibly your best and most accurate post ever.

1 minute ago, jambostuart said:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/romanov-was-straw-that-broke-the-camel-s-back-for-levein-1-671653

Says himself mind was made up but Romanov and the uncertainty cemented that decision.

It's funny he mentions he was fed up of the protests etc years ago but he's happy to stay on when he is aware fans don't want him this time around.

He made the right call. Tested himself at a higher level though Leicester were a basket case financially at that time. He would have lasted less time than Burley under Vlad. 

18 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Baffling how many people have voted to keep him at the club as DoF. He should have zero influence whatsoever moving forward, he’s overseen the Cathro disaster as manager and now his own spell.

Get him completely away altogether.

He also oversaw the Championship season, and recruitment of Naismith, Souttar and Berra. I think there's no real debate his record as manager is sackable but his tenure as DoF, especially when he wasn't combining that with a manager role, is certainly not without a lot of merit.

Adam_the_legend
5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Provincial an absolutely terrible choice. Why shit on Hearts when there was really no reason. CL can be a bit of a **** and I never minded when he was winding up the hobos, OF, SFA...etc. When he does it to Hearts fans, it’s pretty disrespectful. 

8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I'm not blaming him for it. I'm merely saying it's not the words and actions of what people would generally consider a proper Hearts man. 

27 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I'll make one now. 

What poll are you looking at :lol: :lol: 

15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Out of context I do find the reference to Hearts being a ‘provincial club’ rather insulting but ...... when you look across total footballing landscape in Britain it’s probably correct (sadly)!!

5 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Out of context I do find the reference to Hearts being a ‘provincial club’ rather insulting but ...... when you look across total footballing landscape in Britain it’s probably correct (sadly)!!

When talking about the UK then yes, sure, London is the capital. But how does joining Leicester, a provincial team if ever there was one make any sense? 

Stephen Muddie
8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Doesn't detect from current form, but I agree. 

The biggest issue for me is that we struggled v the bottom 6 teams last season at Tynecastle, we are doing it again. 

Aberdeen away, unlucky 

Motherwell away- good

Celtic away- standard, frustrating tbh as we gave them the first goal. 

Ross county and Hamilton at home - terrible. 

I'd say that the last two home games in terms of performance were worse than the dundee/ hibs/ Killie/livi performances last season as we were out played for large parts! 

I think he has to go, but hold hope we'll beat Motherwell a d Aberdeen and we'll hit the derby with confidence, hope than expectation now. 

Genuinely thought his 17-19 record would be worse than that tbh, was pretty surprised to see this spell comparing fairly decently against his last and, especially, Jim Jefferies' record. Sort of record that a few wins makes look good.

However, he should've been gone after May 25th. The fact he remained meant that we were certs for civil war unless he won most of this season's opening games. He hasn't, obviously, and here we are - the bi-partisan (and bi-polar?) world of Rambo's kickback and a real ugly situation developing in the stands. Seen it all before when he was last here - fans fighting against each other from their pro and anti-CL respective standpoints. That was despite decent results - was all about the style of football/tactics IIRC.

My biggest worries with replacing him right now are 1) he's just signed a load of players 2) he's probably blown most of the budget 3) Managers cost money and sackings cost money 4) what if potential new guy did same or worse results-wise? (I know, fanciful, but possible?) 5) If he goes now he'll need to go completely for me IMO, putting the whole shebang in a kind of limbo. If he were to go after turning things around (don't laugh at me please everyone) he'd be a shoe-in to go back 'upstairs'. 6) I don't trust the current board to appoint the sort of candidate that some seem to expect ie. likes of Moyes, and TBH I think we'd need to shell out for someone like that 7) Because there is consensus that this is "our best squad for years" and "anyone could do better with that squad", a new appointment would get about 30 seconds to provide that instant gratification, or he'd lose the support after 3 poor results, and we'd be back to where we are. 

In short, I wasn't pro-CL remaining in the pre-season, while most others were. Most of those others are now losing their shit, while I feel we have missed our opportunity to overhaul the setup as painlessly as poss. Reckon it'd be a real gamble ditching him now and expecting A. N. Other to come in, take all CL's players, sign none of his own and have us shooting up the table. The new manager boost doesn't always happen. 

Right now, I'm so past being Levein Out that I genuinely don't know WTF I want.

1 hour ago, Prof said:

Were you looking in the mirror when you wrote that garbage.

👍

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Genuinely thought his 17-19 record would be worse than that tbh, was pretty surprised to see this spell comparing fairly decently against his last and, especially, Jim Jefferies' record. Sort of record that a few wins makes look good.

However, he should've been gone after May 25th. The fact he remained meant that we were certs for civil war unless he won most of this season's opening games. He hasn't, obviously, and here we are - the bi-partisan (and bi-polar?) world of Rambo's kickback and a real ugly situation developing in the stands. Seen it all before when he was last here - fans fighting against each other from their pro and anti-CL respective standpoints. That was despite decent results - was all about the style of football/tactics IIRC.

My biggest worries with replacing him right now are 1) he's just signed a load of players 2) he's probably blown most of the budget 3) Managers cost money and sackings cost money 4) what if potential new guy did same or worse results-wise? (I know, fanciful, but possible?) 5) If he goes now he'll need to go completely for me IMO, putting the whole shebang in a kind of limbo. If he were to go after turning things around (don't laugh at me please everyone) he'd be a shoe-in to go back 'upstairs'. 6) I don't trust the current board to appoint the sort of candidate that some seem to expect ie. likes of Moyes, and TBH I think we'd need to shell out for someone like that 7) Because there is consensus that this is "our best squad for years" and "anyone could do better with that squad", a new appointment would get about 30 seconds to provide that instant gratification, or he'd lose the support after 3 poor results, and we'd be back to where we are. 

In short, I wasn't pro-CL remaining in the pre-season, while most others were. Most of those others are now losing their shit, while I feel we have missed our opportunity to overhaul the setup as painlessly as poss. Reckon it'd be a real gamble ditching him now and expecting A. N. Other to come in, take all CL's players, sign none of his own and have us shooting up the table. The new manager boost doesn't always happen. 

Right now, I'm so past being Levein Out that I genuinely don't know WTF I want.

Sensible and reasonable. 

Can't disagree with any of it. 

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, Spoleto said:

Yes, I do. 

Give him till Christmas. Then judge him on what THIS team achieves.

I couldn't give a xxxx about the games after the break last season. Players were being protected for the Cup Final and rightly so IMO. 

I AM concerned about the start of the season but nowhere near ready to call for his head after a few games. 

We SHOULD have won the Aberdeen game but for a moment of madness from a young player. We played some exciting football in the first half yesterday, only for it to be unravelled by yet another injury and a shocking defensive display, and the fans are NOT getting behind the team as they should.

Well said